[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/csg/ - Christianity General: Absolution Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 95
File: 1464863636778.jpg (59 KB, 521x509) Image search: [Google]
1464863636778.jpg
59 KB, 521x509
For all things Christian
Catholics and Protestants alike are welcome to discuss theology. Try to be polite.

Atheists also welcome, but try to be constructive.

Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAzlKz8OmUU

Pastebin for believers and curious folk.

http://pastebin.com/xMQ9wAwW
>>
File: Pio-X.jpg (120 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Pio-X.jpg
120 KB, 1000x1000
first for based Pope
>>
File: 1464000751900.png (268 KB, 430x521) Image search: [Google]
1464000751900.png
268 KB, 430x521
>>75932332
Daily Reminder that the entire history of christianity is fraud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlnnWbkMlbg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79Lmmy2jfeo
>>
File: 1458862351388-1.gif (820 KB, 3558x3364) Image search: [Google]
1458862351388-1.gif
820 KB, 3558x3364
>>75932813
Daily reminder that the average atheist understanding of the history of modern science is fraud.
>>
>>75932813
>jews imitate the Bible to twist the Logos and pervert it
no surprise there. The devil quote Scripture to tempt Jesus.
You and the jews are a tool of satan and you don't even know it.

Also
>Richard Carrier
lmao
>>
>>75933021
Not what I posted. Debate an actual secular biblical historian and see how far you get claiming the bible is literal history, retard. There is not ONE contemporary piece of evidence for Jesus' actual, physical existence in history. They were all recorded at least decades after his supposed death.

>>75933092
Being wrong is nobody's fault but your own. We know history didn't occur the way jews say it did. I'm sorry you're retarded.

>Richard Carrier
And? Debate his sources, not him. Literally ad hom.
>>
File: 1464304641207.jpg (12 KB, 450x303) Image search: [Google]
1464304641207.jpg
12 KB, 450x303
>>75933403
>Being wrong is nobody's fault but your own. We know history didn't occur the way jews say it did. I'm sorry you're retarded.
lol wut? Ok let's analyse this nonsense

>Being wrong is nobody's fault but your own.
I am not wrong, you didn't prove I am anyway
>We know history didn't occur the way jews say it did.
Which history? If it was up to Jews, the NT from which you quote would have been burned and forgotten forever. By letting them appropriate it, you are the one who speaks their version of history
>I'm sorry you're retarded.
lmao, really makes you think, I am #Carriermissile now
>>
>>75933403
>Debate an actual secular biblical historian and see how far you get claiming the bible is literal history, retard
>he interprets the Bible literally and not as many books that fit different genres with their own purposes
No wonder you guys can't grasp the Bible. Personal incredulity is not an argument.
>>
>>75932813
>Jesus didn't exist
Literally KYS,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4q3WlM9rCI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnybQxIgfPw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ikxb09pyZwM
>>
File: Christ_929a28_5772202.jpg (51 KB, 580x606) Image search: [Google]
Christ_929a28_5772202.jpg
51 KB, 580x606
>>75933914
>>75932813
>>75933403
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (59 KB, 887x399) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
59 KB, 887x399
Why do Catholics believe Peter's leadership over the twelve extends to the whole world of Christians, if he even had said leadership?

Is the queen bee of one hive the leader of all bees?
>>
>>75933718
>I am not wrong, you didn't prove I am anyway
Well considering the bible is wrong about just about all the history it supposedly records, yeah, you are fucking wrong. The Exodus is a lie, the jewish flood story is a cheap imitation of the Mesopotamian one and there is zero actual evidence for Jesus as a real person. None of the biblical patriarchs existed either, nor did the Davidic kingdom. Your entire religion is fraud.

>If it was up to Jews
Protip: you ARE a jew. You're just in serious denial about it. Just because you hate other jews, doesn't mean you are one.

>>75933914
>>75934007
Name ONE actual, legit contemporary piece of evidence for Jesus' existence, and I'll show you in about ten seconds that it's not.
>>
File: 1464823136324.png (147 KB, 745x814) Image search: [Google]
1464823136324.png
147 KB, 745x814
>>75934125

>evidence for Jesus' existence

Whether or not Jesus existed shouldn't even be up to debate for you.

It's easy to see that there was indeed a man named Jesus who inspired the religion of Christianity.

Your accusation would have made more sense if you had said "prove that Jesus performed miracles".
>>
File: Hitler Christian.jpg (126 KB, 614x455) Image search: [Google]
Hitler Christian.jpg
126 KB, 614x455
/pol/ is a Christian board.

The West is a Christian civilisation.

Attack Christianity and you align yourself with jews and marxists against your own kind.
>>
>>75934125
>Name ONE actual, legit contemporary piece of evidence for Jesus' existence, and I'll show you in about ten seconds that it's not.
Since you love throwing YT videos around, how about I give you one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0iDNLxmWVM
>>
>>75934125
>Name ONE actual, legit contemporary piece of evidence for Jesus' existence, and I'll show you in about ten seconds that it's not.
The Bible.
>>
>>75934125
Name ONE actual, legit contemporary piece of evidence for Alexander the Great's existence, and I'll show you in about ten seconds that it's not.
>>
>>75933403
>They were all recorded at least decades after his supposed death.
Quite false:
>The earliest available Christian texts are the letters of the apostle Paul. Scholars date his epistles from approximately 50 to 60 C.E. Therefore, many individuals think that there is at least a twenty-year gap between the death of Christ and the earliest Christian writings. However, most do not realize that the epistles of Paul contain creedal summaries of early Christian beliefs which possibly date as early as 35-40 C.E.1 The general nature of these creeds includes the death and resurrection of Christ.
https://carm.org/analysis-pre-pauline-creed-1-corinthians-151-11
>>
>>75934125
>The Exodus is a lie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2assFIyLInE
>the jewish flood story is a cheap imitation of the Mesopotamian one
or maybe there actually was a flood and Noah actually existed, think about that
>: you ARE a jew. You're just in serious denial about it
Well I am south italian, who know? Some of us clash with ashkenazis after all, it would explain why I am so much smarter than you. That has nothing to do with Christianity though. In fact, one could argue that Christianity is the only force capable of destroying the ethno-centrism of modern jews, if they convert to it
>None of the biblical patriarchs existed either, nor did the Davidic kingdom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1rDvzbtnYc
> Your entire religion is fraud.
Says increasingly nervous heathen for the 5th time this week
>>
>>75934547
Also extra-biblical ancient writers who mention Jesus:
http://paxexsistovos.blogspot.com/2012/01/tacitus-suetonius-pliny-younger.html
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5EjA-JNiVk

Iam just going to put this here there are also historians who claim muhamad never existed
>>
>>75934536
There are no claims in the present day that Alexander the Great is the supreme deity. We don't need to prove his actual existence for the stories of his conquests to have value historically.

When you claim some dude who maybe lived 2000 ago is still alive, and is master of the universe, it is understandable that the evidentiary requirements for such a claim increase.
>>
File: 1463359930059.png (32 KB, 684x940) Image search: [Google]
1463359930059.png
32 KB, 684x940
>>75934898
does anyone else get sad, thinking that Dawkins will go to hell if he does not repent and keeps being atheist?
>>
>>75934898

Based Irishman
>>
>>75935065
I have made no claim that Jesus is divine, only that a historical Jesus existed. Which is the exact same claim, with more supporting evidence, as the claim that Alexander the Great existed.
>>
>>75935065

We're not saying that.

We're saying Jesus existed.

Try to separate what people are saying from what they may believe.
>>
File: 1464865245390.png (318 KB, 601x909) Image search: [Google]
1464865245390.png
318 KB, 601x909
>>75935209

Then you are a good christian i love to see him go to the depths off hell and then i want to take a meme picture of his face
>>
File: Screenshot_100.jpg (88 KB, 933x630) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_100.jpg
88 KB, 933x630
>>75935623

>hfw
>>
>>75933914
>Offers nothing but muh Jesus' "brother" - a religious term that modern christians to this day use to describe one another - as """proof""" that Jesus was a real person.
>Then appeals to bandwagon and orthodoxy

>>75934125
>all these (yous)
Oh man I struck a butthurt nerve.

>>75934372
You're right, because he did not.

>It's easy to see that there was indeed a man named Jesus who inspired the religion of Christianity.
Offer evidence.

>>75934398
>/pol/ is a Christian board.
Never was, and never will be.

>>75934505
>Proof for not just Jesus' existence but actual magical resurrection
Come on now. Now you're just being stupid.

>>75934531
>A false document is real
Kek

>>75934536
I don't know enough about Alexander to form an opinion.

>>75934547
>Quite false:
Absolutely true.

>The earliest available Christian texts are the letters of the apostle Paul.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_manuscript#New_Testament_manuscripts

The earliest actual copies of anything christian we have are from the 2nd century and the earliest christian writings aren't even SPECULATED to have been written during Jesus' supposed life (except by christians and their allies). And let's not forget that Paul NEVER ONCE says he psychically met Paul in real life. He says he got what he knew from scripture and divine revelation.

>>75934848
All Tacitus does is repeat what he heard from someone else who told him what christians said. And long after Jesus died. That's proof of nothing but that christians said what they already believed. Next.
>>
File: Christ_174f82_5772202.jpg (37 KB, 500x365) Image search: [Google]
Christ_174f82_5772202.jpg
37 KB, 500x365
>>75935860

>You're right.

Exactly true.

>Because he did not.

That is something I disagree with you about.

I would argue with you first of all, that it is scientifically possible for higher dimensions to exist.

I would further argue to you that Einsteins discovery about the relativity of time points towards the possibility of higher dimensions, and of spiritual-cosmic entities.
>>
>>75935860
>Come on now. Now you're just being stupid.
>disregarding legit historic evidence without even looking at it
Not an argument. I just wanted to kill two birds with one stone. The overwhelming majority of New Testament scholars, both skeptic and believe, agree that Jesus existed.
>>
File: god.jpg (22 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
god.jpg
22 KB, 480x320
>>75934636
>The Exodus is a lie
Nobody in the modern world acknowledges the story of Exodus as true. We know far too much about Ancient Egypt now to believe that shit. In fact, the history of the Hyksos is probably indicative that the true story is that kikes took over Egypt through corruption and nepotism and were KICKED THE FUCK OUT.

>or maybe there actually was a flood
Oh I have little doubt the pre-jewish flood myths were based on coastal flooding at the end of the last glaciation, but that kikes certainly were not the first people to write about it.

>Well I am south italian, who know?
That's not what I meant. Christianity is just an errant sect of judaism entirely founded by jews. You're jews.

>None of the biblical patriarchs existed either, nor did the Davidic kingdom
You're not going to win this one. There is no evidence for either.

>Says increasingly nervous heathen for the 5th time this week
Don't mistake my hatred for your vile jewish filth for nervousness. You are most certainly losing, that's not in question. But you're losing because people like myself are killing your disgusting jewish bullshit.

>>75934898
Richard Dawkins is not basing his assertion on Jesus existing on ANY actual evidence. He's just reciting mainstream dogma. He's also a cultural christian and has said so on multiple occasions, so he can be thrown out as a reliable source on such claims.

>>75935505
Problem is, you have shit for evidence. Josephus' passages are forgeries, Tacitus was simply repeating what he had heard third hand, no amount of bullshit about some hick finding secret scrolls in a cave in the 70s will help either. And as far as the bible itself goes, Paul is probably the best, but the BEST argument is that when he says "brother" he meant the actual genetic brother of Jesus, when he could easily have just meant brother in the religious sense and PAUL NEVER MET PHYSICALLY JESUS BY HIS OWN ADMISSION.

>>75935623
Oh I see he's a good christian after all.
>>
>>75934097
>the Apostles did not represent all of Christendom.
>>
>>75936422

>Problem is, you have shit for evidence. Josephus' passages are forgeries, Tacitus was simply repeating what he had heard third hand, no amount of bullshit about some hick finding secret scrolls in a cave in the 70s will help either. And as far as the bible itself goes, Paul is probably the best, but the BEST argument is that when he says "brother" he meant the actual genetic brother of Jesus, when he could easily have just meant brother in the religious sense and PAUL NEVER MET PHYSICALLY JESUS BY HIS OWN ADMISSION.

Even Richard Dawkins says that it is extremely likely that Jesus existed.

You're reaching here. This claim is ridiculous.
>>
>>75936483
I referenced "the twelve" paying particular concern to Paul who even further argues against Peter's headship
>>
File: 1464900085040.jpg (888 KB, 1280x1016) Image search: [Google]
1464900085040.jpg
888 KB, 1280x1016
>>75936422
>Nobody in the modern world acknowledges the story of Exodus as true.
>nobody
Me and the guy who made the documentary do. So it's not nobody.

>Oh I have little doubt the pre-jewish flood myths were based on coastal flooding at the end of the last glaciation
You may have little doubt, but you may also be wrong.

>You're jews.
Well, "jew" refers to a category of people who are so because of race or religion.
So let's see
>race
I am italian, so not jew
>religion
I don't follow judaism (notice how the name itself has "jew" inside? Kind of a way to identify it), I follow Christianity. Christianity has "Christ" as its root. What do jews think about Christ? They hate him. mmmmm yeah, I am definitely not a jew, otherwise I wouldn't be a Christian. Hope that clears your mind.

>You're not going to win this one. There is no evidence for either.
the video shows otherwise

>Don't mistake my hatred for your vile jewish filth for nervousness
you are obviously mad af
>you are most certainly losing, that's not in question
ahahah oh wow, really makes you think. Do you win a medal at the end?

Btw, how is the weather in Tel Aviv today?
>>
>>75936064
Your opinion is irrelevant. All that matters is reality. You jews have yet to learn this after 2500 years.

>>75936073
>I have real proof of magic!
Not an argument.

>>75936496
Richard Dawkins' views on biblical history ARE NOT based on actual biblical historical study, his or anyone else's. He's literally just appealing to the masses and what they already believe.

>>75936496
>This claim is ridiculous.
Yet you've failed to offer any evidence that I'm wrong or that Jesus is real except for irrelevant shit like that a man who tacitly admits he never met Jesus (Paul) knew he had a brother or that a third hand account received by a man who wasn't even born until decades after Jesus supposedly died literally from a christian source as proof. Tacitus wasn't even fucking born until 56 AD.

Most of the """""evidence""""" that christians rely on to prove that Jesus was real is on the order of me claiming that Henry Ford was secretly into gay interracial orgies because someone that used to work in a Ford plant told me so.
>>
File: 58a.jpg (50 KB, 600x619) Image search: [Google]
58a.jpg
50 KB, 600x619
>>75936956

>Richard Dawkins' views on biblical history ARE NOT based on actual biblical historical study, his or anyone else's. He's literally just appealing to the masses and what they already believe.

The likelihood that Jesus existed, whether he was as described by the Bible is ridiculous to even challenge.

A religion as large as Christianity could not have existed without a leading figure.

That's sort of like claiming that Buddha didn't exist.

>Not an argument

But I'm not trying to prove Christianity with that argument.

I'm not trying to prove magic.

I'm trying to show you that scientifically, higher dimensions are a possibility.
>>
File: 1450398147334.jpg (74 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1450398147334.jpg
74 KB, 500x667
>>75936956
>>I have real proof of magic!
Concession accepted. Typical atheist rejection of evidence while still making demands for it.
>>
>>75936712
>the Twelve
>the Apostles
>are not mutually inclusive

Paul learned from Peter, the word used is historeo.
>>
Guys, there is absolutely no reason to debate someone retarded enough to be a Jesus myther.
>>
>>75936937
>Me and the guy who made the documentary do. So it's not nobody.
Nobody outside of fundamentalists christians. I thought that was obvious. Just like nobody outside of fundamentalists of various faiths legit believe in creationism.

>I don't follow judaism
Yes you do. An aberrant sect of it. There's an ass hair's difference between the beliefs of jews crosskikes and mudslimes. You're all shit.

>the video shows otherwise
The video is bullshit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Exodus#Historicity

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Evidence_for_the_Exodus

The mainstream consensus is already that this is bullshit. We know too much now about Egyptian history to believe jewish war propaganda.

>you are obviously mad af
And? Is that an argument?

>Btw, how is the weather in Tel Aviv today?
I don't know? Why don't we nuke it and see if it warms up?

>The likelihood that Jesus existed, whether he was as described by the Bible is ridiculous to even challenge.
So you keep claiming, yet you continue to come up with zilch. Funny.

>That's sort of like claiming that Buddha didn't exist.
Again, we're not talking about Buddha, and I'm unfamiliar with the evidence or lack thereof for his existence. I CAN tell you, that unlike you, I don't claim that something is true just because a religion said it once.

>A religion as large as Christianity could not have existed without a leading figure.
It had leading figureS. Plural. This argument is fucking stupid. Does every single other god require a leading figure too? Is the Bacchus cult proof that Dionysus is real and that he was at least a real person? Or Osiris? Or Mithra?

>Not an argument

>But I'm not trying to prove Christianity with that argument.
Was that even your post??

>>75937335
So you're unironically claiming that there is real, actual proof for the resurrection of your jewish deity? Why not go win the Randi prize then?

>>75937757
Submit evidence, liar.
>>
>>75935860
How do people this stupid exist?
>Appeals to bandwagon and orthodoxy
He clearly states that it is not Evidence.
>Offers nothing but muh Jesus' "brother"
It states very clearly in the New Testament that Paul met multiple times with James, who once again, it states very clearly is the brother of Jesus. And we have tons of written historical evidence for the existence of James. Did James and Peter both make up the story of Jesus? If you believe this then why do you believe in other Historical figures such as Alexander the Great who we, in fact, have less evidence for?
>>
>>75937757

Unfortunately, you may be right.
>>
Daily reminder that labour can help atone for sins.

Christ loves those who toil unreservedly.
>>
>>75936937
How do you deal with Egypt controlling Palestine at that time? The Israelites were fleeing from Egypt to ... Egypt. Almost like it's a story made up by someone without a clear grasp of the history.
>>
>>75937801
>it states very clearly is the brother of Jesus.
And? If I go to church they say I'm the brother of the preacher. Does that mean we have the same mother? Stop being a dense faggot. Paul himself admits he never met Jesus even though he was supposedly a contemporary.

>Did James and Peter both make up the story of Jesus?
Absolutely not because they got it from others. Paul openly admits this.
>>
>>75937792
>>the video shows otherwise
>The video is bullshit.
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Exodus#Historicity
>http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Evidence_for_the_Exodus
>The mainstream consensus is already that this is bullshit. We know too much now about Egyptian history to believe jewish war propaganda.

I should also add that the consensus on the historicity of Exodus is not only NOT what the kikes claim it is, but that THIS consensus, unlike that for the historicity of Jesus has actual evidence backing it.
>>
File: PiusXII_zps36d63972.jpg (68 KB, 758x541) Image search: [Google]
PiusXII_zps36d63972.jpg
68 KB, 758x541
>>75937792
>Nobody outside of fundamentalists christians
I am not a fundamentalist christian though, and I believe it, so you are wrong
>An aberrant sect of it
You are right that islam is a sect of judaism, but Christianity is not. We are literally opposites.
>The video is bullshit.
Not an argument
>And? Is that an argument?
No, just pointing it out. I guess I could make the argument that you claimed you are not mad whereas you clearly are. This shows two things:
1) you are a liar
2) you are not very self-aware
3) you are not very reasonable, for anger clouds judgement
I am only making this argument because you apparently absolutely wanted one.

>I don't know? Why don't we nuke it and see if it warms up?
Self-hate is not healthy, anon
>>
>>75937954
>And? If I go to church they say I'm the brother of the preacher. Does that mean we have the same mother?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Ossuary
The Aramaic inscription: Ya'akov bar-Yosef akhui diYeshua (English translation: "James, son of Joseph, brother of Jesus")

Paul admits he never met Jesus, this is correct, but he clearly states he met contemporaries who lived with Jesus. Those being James and Peter. Which are individuals who are in both Paul's writings, and the gospels.
>>
>>75932332
I want to have sex with Christ-chan! Sex!
>>
How common is the name Fatima among Catholics?
>>
>>75937792
No, retard.

>The video is bullshit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Exodus#Historicity

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Evidence_for_the_Exodus

>The mainstream consensus is already that this is bullshit. We know too much now about Egyptian history to believe jewish war propaganda.
Jesus Christmas you really are retarded.
>rational wiki
>consensus matters when it agrees with me. What? Consensus agrees with the? Consensus is bullshit.
No scholar of 1st century roman Judea denies that Jesus existed.
>>
>>75935860
Tacitus does prove that Christ wasn't invented by Constantine, which is a frequently thrown around claim
>>
File: 1455219663982-3.jpg (40 KB, 381x480) Image search: [Google]
1455219663982-3.jpg
40 KB, 381x480
>>75937792
>So you're unironically claiming that there is real, actual proof for the resurrection of your jewish deity?
Yeah nigga. You can't disregard such evidence without looking at it, without proving counter evidence or refuting the current evidence with reason. This while making demands from Christians about beliefs in this very thread. Why should you be given anything we'll you'll just deliberately ignore it? Hell, why did you even ask?
>Why not go win the Randi prize then?
I am not a scholar, and the credit for this evidence goes to them.
I am also not a poo in loo :^)
>>
>>75938077
>THIS consensus, unlike that for the historicity of Jesus has actual evidence backing it.
Ahaha, as I posted you actually said it.
>>
>>75938491
You better marry her first for that.

>BACK OFF SHE'S MINE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1463455981497.jpg (95 KB, 815x980) Image search: [Google]
1463455981497.jpg
95 KB, 815x980
>>75938491
>>75939176
Christ-chan is not lewd
>>
File: st pio quote 33.jpg (41 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
st pio quote 33.jpg
41 KB, 480x480
A nice homily about Padre Pio, for those interested
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vZPWclsMsE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nEdOQKsgeY
>>
File: 514464-manly_tears.jpg (338 KB, 2641x2450) Image search: [Google]
514464-manly_tears.jpg
338 KB, 2641x2450
>tfw you think the "Anime Catholicism" aesthetic is cool as fuck but you don't wanna be THAT guy
>>
>>75932332
I believe in God and that subjegation under God is the highest form of freedom and that Jesus was an advanced individual, but I don't believe in one Messiah or religion necessarily. In fact if any religion appealed to my sensibilities the most it might be Taoism, but I cant say I'm a taoist by any stretch. How do you feel about me
>>
File: kate.jpg (40 KB, 425x516) Image search: [Google]
kate.jpg
40 KB, 425x516
>>75939294
Of course she isn't.
>>
>>75939294
Christ-Chan is Pure.
>>
>>75939396

It's a good way to reach out to weebs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIDYvg73RuM
>>
>>75934398
Nazis were not Christians moron

Just because someone claims to be something doesn't make them that thing
>>
File: 1464763565326.png (56 KB, 782x790) Image search: [Google]
1464763565326.png
56 KB, 782x790
>>75939460

Personally I sympathize greatly with you.

and it's worth noting that before Christianity, there were many who believed in God who were not Jews. I feel that there were Taoists who understood the duality of nature. Many Taoists talk about God.

For example, the three wise men who came to see Baby Jesus after he was born, they were called Magi.

Magi is another word for Zoroastrian.

Jesus is the truth, the way and the life, and you should seek to learn more about it.
>>
>>75939937
Majority of common foot soldiers were.

>>Question is
Does being in the Nazi army make them evil?
>>
>>75940400

It's ridiculous to say that anyone was evil, no matter what. It's not our place to say.
>>
>>75935209

There is always hope for people
>>
>>75940400
>Does being in the Nazi army make them evil?
Depends on their minds. Those who fought for the better world till the death have deserved the Kingdom of God. Doesn't matter if they were Nazis or Red Army soldiers. They didn't choose where to be born. Those who just wanted to kill and rape are bastards. And those who betrayed their folks are even worse.
>>
File: Image (71)aq.jpg (179 KB, 871x892) Image search: [Google]
Image (71)aq.jpg
179 KB, 871x892
Post rare christ chans
>>
File: index.png (268 KB, 637x654) Image search: [Google]
index.png
268 KB, 637x654
>>75941227

I would actually like to build my collection a bit.
>>
File: download.jpg (11 KB, 200x251) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11 KB, 200x251
What do you guys believe the best denomination of Christianity is?
>>
File: 1456700707585.jpg (98 KB, 1297x1068) Image search: [Google]
1456700707585.jpg
98 KB, 1297x1068
>>75935860
>doesn't do research
>most likely a shill
>doesn't explain: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_of_the_Sun

Hello, now goodbye subversive jew
>>
>>75941515

Everyone has different opinions.

I'm Catholic personally.
>>
>>75941178
Some scientists and historians believe hitler gave his soldiers meth.
it fucks with your mind.
Thats what could have made them so ruthless.
>>
File: 1444753535747.png (360 KB, 700x693) Image search: [Google]
1444753535747.png
360 KB, 700x693
>>75941227
>>
>>75941515
Great way to start an argument, buddy :^)

Methodist or Free-Will Baptist, imo.
>>
>>75942041

That sounds stupid, they were just an elite and well-trained military that went up against armies from countries who were suffering from poor economy.

It was a no-brainer who would win.
>>
File: 1461616893598.jpg (339 KB, 600x560) Image search: [Google]
1461616893598.jpg
339 KB, 600x560
>>75941529
>doesn't do research
Unlike you, I have. Submit proof of Jesus or get the fuck out.

>most likely a shill
I happily work against the interests of the jewish religions for free.

>doesn't explain: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_of_the_Sun
Was this seriously supposed to be impressive? Post crusaders more.
>>
>>75941515
Orthodox and Catholicism ofc. You don't have to agree or even respect the hierarchs, so if you don't like this pro-islamic pope – ignore. We live in the Last Times, so it's normal.
But it is important to not fall into satanic cults pretending to be christian. By choosing a good old traditional denomination, you stay safe.
>>
File: 1438010057952.png (356 KB, 541x480) Image search: [Google]
1438010057952.png
356 KB, 541x480
>>75942185
>>
File: 14649166089901.jpg (41 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
14649166089901.jpg
41 KB, 400x400
>>75941227
>>
File: 1409853186764.jpg (250 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
1409853186764.jpg
250 KB, 750x750
>>75942299
>>
File: 1455218437876-4.jpg (159 KB, 389x695) Image search: [Google]
1455218437876-4.jpg
159 KB, 389x695
>>75942185
>>75942356
>demands proof
>gets proof
>rejects proof
>gets mad when nobody takes him seriously when he still demands proof
Enjoy r/atheism senpai
>>
>>75942041
Only to pilots. And not only Nazis did it. I am pretty sure even modern armies still do it. You can't fly 12 hours a day without some additional energy. But you have to as qualified pilots are very deficient.
>>
>>75942528
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""proof""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Nigger, most christians aren't so stupid they're going to attempt to prove that literal miracles occurred 2000 years ago. You're a real fucking moron.
>>
File: 1464864683329.png (199 KB, 1800x1578) Image search: [Google]
1464864683329.png
199 KB, 1800x1578
>>75942652

>Denies that Jesus existed in any sense at all
>Is shown that even the most secular scientists and historians don't agree with him
>Begins going on a tangent
>>
>>75942154
D-IX wonder drug.
>>
>>75942185
>Unlike you, I have. Submit proof of Jesus or get the fuck out.
pic related and don't be lazy by buying into antitheist narratives and be aware of tainting of fabric with later generations.
https://www.youtube.com/user/InspiringPhilosophy/videos
>I happily work against the interests of the jewish religions for free
sarcasm doesn't work well in online conversations and do you notice shitposts/Shillary/TedCruz shills to not presume shilling behavior.
>Was this seriously supposed to be impressive? Post crusaders more
Not an argument, it's definitive proof of God(and messengers) interaction with the people you edgelord faggot.
>>
>>75942185
I think the "white list" of God was written long time ago. If you are in it, you will be christian sooner or later. If not, you are doomed anyway.
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_of_the_Sun
This is one approved apparition of Our Lady, there were at least dozen of them only in 20th century. But if you want, stay deceived, no problem.
Besides, here is another proof
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Passion_of_the_Christ#Production
>During filming, assistant director Jan Michelini was struck twice by lightning. Minutes later, Jim Caviezel was also struck.
But I doubt that anything can convince a such moronic heather, so just enjoy your short and pointless monkey-life.
>>
>>75942652
>proof I don't like isn't proof
Spoken like a true fedora
>>
>>75942652
>Moving goal posts
>>
>>75942813

I believe it. I just doubt they really needed it.
>>
Jupiter will rise again
>>
>>75932332
this destroys the romanist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bVEXZ38Vs8

and the only thing you guys can say is:

but but it so long

haahahahah
>>
>>75943359
I watched this recently, great video.
>>
This is what's currently happening in the world.

Revelation 9:14 Release the four angels who are bound at the great river Euphrates.
15 So the four angels, who had been prepared for the hour and day and month and year, were released to kill a third of mankind.
16 Now the number of the army was 200 million, I heard the number of them.
>>
>>75943359

I'll watch it eventually, but as you pointed out, it's 8 hours long.

But if you want we can talk about certain subjects.
>>
>>75943533
The rapture comes before this though
>>
>>75943533
>200 million
Poor chinese, hope at least some of them will convert before death. They are actually very good people.
>>
File: 1460844607145.png (946 KB, 1302x1006) Image search: [Google]
1460844607145.png
946 KB, 1302x1006
>>75942808
>Denies that Jesus existed in any sense at all
>Keeps bitching; still not presenting any real proof
>Is shown that even the most secular scientists and historians don't agree with him
>Appealing to orthodoxy
And yet, THEY don't have any evidence either.

>That pic
Honey I came to this thread with this purpose.

>>75942866
>pic related
The Shroud of Turin? Is this a fucking parody thread?? You realize the Shroud is already openly and widely acknowledged as a fraud, right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shroud_of_Turin

In 1988, a radiocarbon dating test dated a corner piece of the shroud from the Middle Ages, between the years 1260 and 1390, which is consistent with the shroud's first known exhibition in France in 1357.[6] Aspects of the 1988 test continue to be debated,[7][8][9] but challenges to the dating result have been refuted in scientific analyses.[sources 1] According to professor Christopher Ramsey of the Oxford Radiocarbon Accelerator Unit in 2011: "There are various hypotheses as to why the dates might not be correct, but none of them stack up."

>>75943233
>Hearsay and bullshit about literally trying to prove magic is meant to be taken seriously
Get the fuck out of here, retard. Even other christian scholars would make fun of you.

>>75933914
By the way, the second video here is hilarious.

>Nobody has any records! Therefore Jesus was real!
>Muh bruv James!! (again)
>Oh and there's this other evidence (that I'm not going to explain, but it totally proves Jesus was real!)
>There's no evidence of any dying and rising god in antiquity! Literally who is Osiris? Hurr durr I'm fucking retarded!
Bart Ehrman is a legit retard. Christ almighty, I can fucking come up with better evidence for Jesus' historicity than this numbskull did and I'm not even trying to. Let's also remember this faggot is yet another christian (who claims he no longer is) and is a christian apologist. I was expecting more than this. Man, you guys need better apologists.
>>
>>75943241
I'm not moving shit. If anything you are. I asked for proof of Jesus as a historical person, not in magic, which you're absolutely retarded to claim exists. Like I said, don't waste your time here when you can be a millionaire. Literally go to the JREF and win a millionaire dollars.
>>
After years of being a gaythiest, I'm ready to embrace my faith, but the idea of going to a church alone seems kind of weird. I'm not too much of a sperg, but I'm imagining a situation where the father asks me why i'm here infront of the whole congregation and I just spill my spaghetti. Any advice/experience from anons?
>>
>>75943898

>Claiming you know more that Historians and Scientists

Wew lad.
>>
>>75943898
Where as Carrier is a genius atheist who owns idiots like Ehrman.

http://ehrmanblog.org/fuller-reply-to-richard-carrier/

Wait never mind Ehrman is a respectable historian and Carrier is an edgy, self conceited, dumbass.
>>
>>75943999

You can try different churches, you don't have to go to your Fathers church, and you can ask questions about theology.

Which denomination are you?
>>
>>75944275
I was baptized Methodist as a child but i'm thinking of checking out this Orthodox church near my town.
>>
File: 2 Hours after Pope resigned.jpg (99 KB, 634x815) Image search: [Google]
2 Hours after Pope resigned.jpg
99 KB, 634x815
>>75943898
>http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/28/shroud-of-turin-real-jesus_n_2971850.html
Kek nice try, and notice how scientists can't explain how it was produced fedora tipping edge lord.
>>
>>75944144
>Wew lad.
PROVE ME WRONG. Don't sit here and whine and bitch and moan. I've already shown you have nothing. And the best you DO have is some sperg trying to claim I'm stupid because I don't eat up his """"""""""""evidence"""""""""""" for the existence of literal magic, which isn't even proof of Jesus.

Do you know their sources? Because I do and they're shit. They're nothing more than what has been used already in this thread. That's it. And then they circlejerk cite one another as proof they're right.

>>75944252
Ehrman is a liar who claims to no longer be a christian offering bullshit none-arguments like "You can't prove he didn't exist!!"
>>
>>75944382

You should definitely check it out. I'm Catholic myself.
>>
>>75944467

Mythicism simply has no backing amongst even contemporary historians.

You're a manbaby.
>>
>>75944460
You're just getting stupid now. Even most christian scholars aren't going to support your dumb claims of miracles. Get out.

>>75944591
>Mythicism simply has no backing amongst even contemporary historians.
Who cares? Truth isn't decided by committee, faggot.
>>
File: 2e8.jpg (92 KB, 829x589) Image search: [Google]
2e8.jpg
92 KB, 829x589
>>75944665

>I admit that I'm in the minority amongst contemporary historians and scientists

Well, glad we cleared that one up.
>>
File: 1458696183177.jpg (495 KB, 1134x1001) Image search: [Google]
1458696183177.jpg
495 KB, 1134x1001
>>75944665
>projecting this hard and not using arguments any more.

So are you gonna fess up? Who pissed you off?
>>
File: nt reliability.jpg (2 MB, 3508x2480) Image search: [Google]
nt reliability.jpg
2 MB, 3508x2480
>>75943898
>the educated opinions of skeptical and beliver New Testament Scholars and ancient historians is "hearsay".
>Objective archaeological, textual, and historical evidence is "bullshit".
>Even other christian scholars would make fun of you.More like even skeptical scholars would make fun of you, because they in an overwhelming number agree Jesus existed, but keep saying magic as if that actually discredits objective truth. This is the most pathetic atheist "argument" I have honestly ever seen.
>>
>>75944489
As a baptist.
I got a couple of questions why do you call priests father.
Do you actually sit with other church members and talk about Jesus or do you just go to mass.Cause i went to my cousins church and all we did is mass.
No offense but it was kinda boring.
>>
>>75944665
Let's try from square one, What reason do you have to doubt the existence of Jesus despite the following evidence:

> The opinion of the vast majority of contemporary historians.
>The Gospels and there historical reliability
> The letters of Paul
> Writings in Josephus which refer to both Jesus and his brother James
> Tacitus
>>
File: 1464858752830.jpg (659 KB, 1280x1152) Image search: [Google]
1464858752830.jpg
659 KB, 1280x1152
>>75945062

>Do you actually sit with other church members and talk about Jesus or do you just go to mass.

It depends, a lot of people like to leave right after mass is over.

I personally like to stick around and chat people up, I'm very extroverted though.

>No offense but it was kinda boring

It can be boring, especially if you don't understand what's going on.

If you go to a Traditional Orthodox Mass you will see the beauty of it though.

>Why do you call Priests Father

You call your own Father, Father.

You also call your wifes Father, Father.

God did not forbid us to call anyone Father. The point of that scripture was to tell us that there is only ONE true Father, and that is God.
>>
>>75937335
>This could have been me at once point.

Good thing I'm paranoid as fuck!
>>
File: 1446779877466.png (1 MB, 680x510) Image search: [Google]
1446779877466.png
1 MB, 680x510
>>75945062
>I got a couple of questions why do you call priests father.
There is a difference between an Earthly father (priest, biological father, godfather), and Our Heavenly Father.
>Do you actually sit with other church members and talk about Jesus or do you just go to mass.
You mean just during worship? It's just mass, but most parishes have multiple ministries and groups that participate in other activities. Catholics don't just attend mass and never socialize, but the Lord's Day is His.

>No offense but it was kinda boring.
>not having your balls blown off by the pure majesty of worshiping the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit in along with the whole heavenly host and partaking of the very body, blood, soul, and divinity of Christ Himself.
>>75945401
I was pretty rabid as an atheist too, but I never got that bad.
>>
>>75945318
OK thanks=)
baptist church is more like a school.
We talk.We do have a choir.Most of the song are written by baptist singers.
>>
>>75946091

If you need to socialize more there are usually young adult groups, that's for Catholics, I'm not sure what Orthodox have but I'm sure they have something.

It's nice to talk to people who love God and don't have 10 foot bitch shields up.
>>
>>75936422
>Nobody in the modern world acknowledges the story of Exodus as true. We know far too much about Ancient Egypt now to believe that shit. In fact, the history of the Hyksos is probably indicative that the true story is that kikes took over Egypt through corruption and nepotism and were KICKED THE FUCK OUT.

Oh boy. You have so much to learn
>>
File: 1464865664358.png (408 KB, 563x513) Image search: [Google]
1464865664358.png
408 KB, 563x513
>>75946708

Weren't you the one who said you found an Italian document on that?

Can you post that here? I'm pretty curious.
>>
File: von.jpg (54 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
von.jpg
54 KB, 612x612
>>75946752
sure, but I doubt you will be able to understand it, even if you can speak spanish
https://gloria.tv/text/3yUm8msiKtZbAKRV41ckQDrQt

a biblical quote for our sola scriptura friends:
>Behold, the day of the Lord shall come, a cruel day, and full of indignation, and of wrath, and fury, to lay the land desolate, and to destroy the sinners thereof out of it. For the stars of heaven, and their brightness shall not display their light: the sun shall be darkened in his rising, and the moon shall not shine with her light. And I will visit the evils of the world, and against the wicked for their iniquity: and I will make the pride of infidels to cease, and will bring down the arrogancy of the mighty. (Isaiah 13: 9-11)
>>
>>75947003

Can you give me a tldr version of what you've found so far?
>>
File: martin_luther.jpg (50 KB, 801x882) Image search: [Google]
martin_luther.jpg
50 KB, 801x882
>>75932625
fuck the papacy martin luther all the way baby
>>
File: 1453389615040-4.jpg (106 KB, 960x636) Image search: [Google]
1453389615040-4.jpg
106 KB, 960x636
>>75947121
Blessed Anna-Maria Taigi gives a comprehensive summary of what is to be expected. She succesfully predicted lots of things while she was still alive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIXGT7luR4A
>>
>>75947457
she lived in the 19th century btw
>>
>>75947457

Well this is interesting.

Does the document you have specify anything else? Does it mention the Globalist agenda of the World Government?
>>
Agnostic who picked up a Recovery version of the New Testament here, which book should I read first to learn the most about Christianity the fastest?
>>
reminder that the next great war is not political or cultural, but spiritual
>>
>>75947778
Matthew, John, Romans, 1 Corinthians, and Galatians

In that order
>>
>>75947778
Start from the beginning and read to the end. That should help.
>>
File: wew.png (502 KB, 679x363) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
502 KB, 679x363
>>75947699
>Does the document you have specify anything else?
yes, more in the next post
>Does it mention the Globalist agenda of the World Government?
That has pretty much always been foreseen. Pic related
>>
File: 1464754283983.png (590 KB, 733x1127) Image search: [Google]
1464754283983.png
590 KB, 733x1127
>>75948133

Well said
>>
On the topic of end times, where do you stand on the matter?

I'm post-trib pre-wrath
>>
File: Christ_chan_full_profile.png (423 KB, 876x1496) Image search: [Google]
Christ_chan_full_profile.png
423 KB, 876x1496
>>75947901

This is about right.

>>75947778

Vid related should inspire you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDCbJ4vnMNg
>>
>>75948543

>Post-trib

Post trib on what? Rapture?
>>
>>75948697
Post trib rapture. The tribulation comes before Jesus' return and the believers are taken up, then wrath comes.
>>
>>75948762

Yes, I don't believe in any pre-trib rapture.

I think we have to suffer through it. Not that I wouldn't like to be wrong about that.
>>
File: DD.jpg (15 KB, 254x330) Image search: [Google]
DD.jpg
15 KB, 254x330
>>75947146
>>75932625
Archbishop Cranmer building a church of great success after pre-Reformation corruption
>>
>>75948803
Matthew 24 and Luke 21 make a post-trib rapture abundantly clear. We will have to suffer great persecution for three years or so while the anti-Christ is in power, then the sun and moon shall darken and whatnot and then Jesus will come. I don't know when it will happen, but we are instructed to watch for sings of it coming.
>>
>>75949072

I think you may be right.
>>
>>75949120
I recently watched Steven Anderson's series on Revelation. He goes through it in great detail and deconstructs and explains it. Very interesting stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7T6dTs5YKw&list=PL4oPLNtP6_ec2ac_ZsujgtcjoPNBwVFET
>>
>>75949293

Is it true that Australians aren't allowed to preach? What's it like where you are.
>>
File: ml3.jpg (1 MB, 600x2738) Image search: [Google]
ml3.jpg
1 MB, 600x2738
What do you think about Purgatorial Universalism?
>>
File: wew2.png (543 KB, 1033x1194) Image search: [Google]
wew2.png
543 KB, 1033x1194
>>75947699
A lot of them speak about satan being freed for some time in the 20th century. It's uncanny how they all lived far away from each other and in different centuries, but came up with such consistent prophecies.
Pretty much all of them speak about degeneracy, apostasy, Church being attacked by satan.
I translated some that have some interesting info.
>>
>>75949366

I don't actually know what that is.

Could you give a tldr?
>>
File: 1440438212109.png (176 KB, 486x512) Image search: [Google]
1440438212109.png
176 KB, 486x512
>>75949384

The three days of darkness sounds like something that would happen during the last 7 years.

Does that sound about right to you?

>degeneracy
>apostasy
>church being attacked by Satan

It all checks out.
>>
File: 1443816299217.jpg (57 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1443816299217.jpg
57 KB, 500x333
>>75949384
I mean, can you imagine someone from 1300 specifically speaking about the degeneracy of the second half of the 20th century? This stuff is spooky af
>>
File: 1455218280534-4.jpg (135 KB, 808x716) Image search: [Google]
1455218280534-4.jpg
135 KB, 808x716
>>75949528
>Does that sound about right to you?
These events are not supposed to be the end of times, only the end of this time. It wouldn't make sense otherwise for Peter and Paul to come on earth to choose the new Pope.
>>
>>75949350
I talked about this yesterday or the day before, I think. I can only speak about the laws of my city, not Australia as a whole. We are technically allowed to preach, but we aren't allowed to offend anyone (however that may be manifest), approach or stop anyone, or be in 50 metres of commercial buildings. And if anyone says that they're 'offended' (which may just be an SJW atheist who doesn't like Christianity and wants to shut you up because of their feefees), the appropriate authorities will tell you to leave and you may have your street performing licence revoked... if you want to preach legally, you need a street performer's licence.
>>
>>75949676

I'm not sure about all this then. But who knows.
>>
>>75949920
Was that why that person set themselves on fire
>>
>>75949920

Oh yes! That was you!

Okay well, yes I believe that any rapture would be post-trib.

God has allowed Christians to suffer through great persecution before, and I see no reason why he wouldn't allow it again.

In my opinion a lot of people who believe in a pre-trib rapture are just scared.
>>
Quick question. Does being Christian by virtue of believing in Pascal's wager invalidate my Christianity?

What makes a Christian, Christian?
>>
File: Mary-Padre-Pio-Quote-800px.jpg (209 KB, 800x223) Image search: [Google]
Mary-Padre-Pio-Quote-800px.jpg
209 KB, 800x223
>>75949954
I suggest this video, it resonated a lot with me when I watched it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osODD9qeRLo

I think it explains very well what we should expect from the future
>>
>>75950047
>What makes a Christian, Christian?
Loving God more than anything, and loving your neighour as yourself
>>
File: 1464637428729.jpg (72 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
1464637428729.jpg
72 KB, 850x400
>>75950047
Also, being Catholic
>>
>>75950047

To be a Christian: Love the Lord God with all your heart and all your soul, love your neighbor as yourself.

and accept Jesus into your heart as Lord and Savior.

That is what makes a Christian.
>>
>>75950030
Exactly. And the laws will only get more restrictive for the practice of religion and preaching from here on out. Especially if Labor get elected next month in the Federal election.

>>75950032
Christ said that being a Christian entail persecution and Paul (I believe) spoke of tribulations while evangelising. God doesn't give us a special member's card that make us exempt from persecution. If we experience tribulation now as practicing Christians, then we should definitely expect it in the end times.

>>75950047
Believing in Jesus as your Lord and saviour and that he died for your sins.
>>
>>75950156
>>75950245
>>75950263

Does this love come from within? Is it learned?

Because I've been hedging my bets so to speak.
>>
File: Christ_3d9272_5772202.jpg (59 KB, 680x507) Image search: [Google]
Christ_3d9272_5772202.jpg
59 KB, 680x507
>>75950458

>Christ said that being a Christian entail persecution and Paul (I believe) spoke of tribulations while evangelising. God doesn't give us a special member's card that make us exempt from persecution. If we experience tribulation now as practicing Christians, then we should definitely expect it in the end times.

No doubt, Jesus never said that being Christian would make our lives easier.

Look at what they did to him.
>>
>>75941515
>Top Tier
Orthodox

>Mid Tier
Protestants

>Bad Tier
Non-Denominational

>Worse than Shit Tier
Papists
>>
>>75950612
Exactly. But remember, He had the last laugh :^)

DEUS VULT
>>
>>75950539

What do you mean?

Are you talking about Love for God?

Or are you talking about Love for your neighbor?
>>
>>75941515
Baptist here. Don't agree with the hating booze thing, personally. My church puts Jesus first and everything else second, so that's what matters.
>>
>>75950612
DEUS VULT
>>
File: swag.png (2 MB, 1366x762) Image search: [Google]
swag.png
2 MB, 1366x762
>>75950539
>Does this love come from within? Is it learned?
Nice question. I think it depends a lot on the person. All the roads lead to Jesus, but everyone takes a different one. This is what I think.
I suggest praying, try speaking to a priest to get some spiritual guidance, read some scripture from the New Testament to see what Jesus was about.
If you have problem believing from an intellectual point of view, try reading CS Lewis, or this book:
http://bookzz.org/book/2468541/667eb8

I think one thing to keep in mind is that you have to give yourself to God, abandon all pride (especially pride in thinking you as an individual know better than him). God answers prayers in ways that are hard to notice most of the times. Ask for guidance. Ask him "God I want to love you, please open my eyes, my mind, my heart to the Truth, show me the way that leads to the contemplation of all your Glory and Mercy". Or something of the sort, just speak with your heart.
Contrary to what protestants might tell you, really believing in Jesus is something you have to work on everyday, just like you work everyday to keep the flame of love ignited between yourself and a friend, a relative or a woman. There is no magic formula that you say once and it's done. You begin a journey next to God, you contemplate his mistery, and learn how to love him and glorify His Name, day-by-day.
You'll learn to love others once you love God and you'll see Him in them.

>>75950681
Why are former protestants who converted to orthodoxy so obnoxious? I hope you realise that even if they came up with "primus inter pares" (which didn't exist before the schism but whatever) Orthodox acknowledge that in Rome is the successor of the chair of Peter. I don't see how we can be worse than protestants or non-denominational, it makes no sense.
>>
File: 7gsPn0V.png (214 KB, 901x915) Image search: [Google]
7gsPn0V.png
214 KB, 901x915
>>75949464
It's logic is
>God is just
>God would therefore not give a shoplifter the same punishment as Stalin
>Hell is eternal, but your stay isn't

I found it a nice idea, with it seeming the right balance between Westboro Baptist and Christianity Lite™ ©Current Year, but I'm curious as to what other /pol/acks would think.

Here's some more info http://archive.is/iYbCx
>>
File: 1464861268485.jpg (249 KB, 1000x1233) Image search: [Google]
1464861268485.jpg
249 KB, 1000x1233
>>75951633

I'm Catholic, so I believe in purgatory.

So I would say you're not wrong.

But I don't like to spend to much time assuming who will go where when they die. I just do my best.
>>
>>75951633

Oh I see. Well, it could be true.

But I am willing to bet that some total purgatorial universalism is most likely inaccurate.

But who knows.
>>
>>75951078

How's Christianity doing in France as far as you can see?
>>
Bumping. I can see that the San Jose happening is causing an uproar, but I'll try to keep the thread afloat for anyone curious about God.

Speaking of which, who /ChristianforTrump/ here?
>>
>>75952607
Representing.
>>
>>75952731

Hey Wolfy!!
>>
File: 1354437249088.jpg (38 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1354437249088.jpg
38 KB, 184x184
>>75952885
Hey, man, hope you'll well. What's up?
>>
>>75952977

What are your thoughts on going out and preaching to people these days?
>>
Reminder: You either believe in the Five Solas and SEA TULIP or you're in error.

'Five Solas'

Bible alone
Christ alone
Grace alone
Faith alone
Glory to God alone

'SEA TULIP'

Supralapsarianism
Eternal Justification
Active Decree

Total Depravity
Unconditional Election
Limited Atonement
Irresistible Grace
Perseverance of the Saints
>>
File: adventure!.gif (219 KB, 250x287) Image search: [Google]
adventure!.gif
219 KB, 250x287
>>75953172
I'm not against the idea itself, I just hardly know an effective means.
My parish taught me to evangelize by example and I do try to live by that, despite my mistakes, so I stick with that method. If preaching is more your thing and you have a means to go out to be effective at it with people then more power to you!
>>
File: Pious.gif (8 KB, 790x780) Image search: [Google]
Pious.gif
8 KB, 790x780
>>75953494

Sounds good to me. Example really is the best way though, just so you know.

I know some extremely devout traditional Catholic girls(I have no physical attraction towards them) they're my friends and have truly inspired me just by the way they act every day.

Example truly is the best way to show people.
>>
File: Chi Rho1.jpg (31 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Chi Rho1.jpg
31 KB, 400x300
>>75953634
>I have no physical attraction towards them

Haha, mate it doesn't matter one way or another. It just sounds like you're blessed in that regards then.

Any tips on preaching and general evangelization?
Another issue with me preaching is that I'm an absolute horrid public speaker. I'd fumble over myself constantly, especially when trying to take on difficult subjects for people and parse my views from the common Protestants/Evangelicals you see how there.
>>
>>75953925

I guess it depends who you are. You have to have a certain level of zealous in you.

Which is something I have.

You also I think have to be prepared to get yelled at by Fedoras on the street without getting too offended about it.

I definitely wouldn't be like John the Baptist, but you also have to say things that provoke people enough to where they'll want to listen or engage you.
>>
>>75954353

and by "not like John the Baptist", I mean I wouldn't be as angry as he was.
>>
>>75954353
I certainly have a lot of respect for what you do but I suppose my biggest issue is when I see speakers like this on the street, they're always some crazy Evangelical Protestant. I'm very interested in hearing how things go and what you do when you head out. Hope it goes well.

I suppose if people want a more in-depth discussion on different topics you can give a handout along with your dialogue that draws people in. Maybe have an assistant.
>>
>>75954641

> they're always some crazy Evangelical Protestant.

Yes I want to avoid that vibe but I think it's sort of impossible.

The minute you step out and start preaching some people will immediately cringe and see you as a lunatic.

I think you can only do your best.
>>
>>75954825
Go do some cool shit, m8.
>>
File: 1461623600263.jpg (78 KB, 583x732) Image search: [Google]
1461623600263.jpg
78 KB, 583x732
>>75942185
>I happily work against the interests of the jewish religions for free.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Useful_idiot

lol ok whatever you gotta tell yourself
>>
File: 1463261151749.jpg (137 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1463261151749.jpg
137 KB, 500x500
time to anti fedora this thread
>>
>>75932332
Bugger off. Stop with this stupid Daily Shitposting Threads.
>>
File: waitwhat.png (358 KB, 480x582) Image search: [Google]
waitwhat.png
358 KB, 480x582
>doesn't believe in god or christ

well your enemies sure do
>>
>>75956313

It's not like you have to pay attention to it.
>>
>>75932332
Apocryphas are non-canonical.
>>
File: 1464859333428.jpg (117 KB, 900x590) Image search: [Google]
1464859333428.jpg
117 KB, 900x590
>>75958145

Only to Protestants.
>>
File: MaxStirn.jpg (201 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
MaxStirn.jpg
201 KB, 1920x1080
God is just a spook.
>>
>>75958285

>Estonia

Why is Estonia always so anti-God?
>>
>>75958391
Because they have a good education system and no shitskins donating money to religious institutions.
>>
File: 1464863252581.png (158 KB, 680x528) Image search: [Google]
1464863252581.png
158 KB, 680x528
>>75958473

I would have thought that the USSR and Communism may have had something to do with that.
>>
>>75958571
When Russia is a religious shithole? nah m8
>>
File: 1464860434070.png (98 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1464860434070.png
98 KB, 400x400
>>75958652

>He doesn't know that Communist Russia enforced atheism.
>>
>>75958652
No, when Russia was an atheist shithole.
>>
File: thesunrises.jpg (62 KB, 960x617) Image search: [Google]
thesunrises.jpg
62 KB, 960x617
>>75958391
We have working brains.
Well for the most part.
>>
>>75958751
>Blames the Soviet Union for Estonia's atheism
>I point out the epicentre of the Soviet Union is 100% religious
>Implies for some mysterious reason that I don't know Soviets repressed the orthodox church
You are not making any sense you retarded nigger.
>>
>>75958243
Aaand
Pope Gregory the Great
St.Jerome
St.Athanasius
St.Origen
John of Damascus
Rufinus of Aquileia
Radulphus Falvicencius
Council of Laodicea
Council of Partav
Theological commentary book during medieval times: Glossa ordinaria and Synopsis Scripturae Sacrae. And etc. etc. etc.
>>
>>75959063
Sauce or , you double nigger
>>
>>75959116

Not sure what you mean by that.

But the Apocrypha was removed by certain Protestants because a lot of it contradicted certain narratives they had.

>>75959063

Estonia is as atheist as it is for the same reason that Czech is as atheist as it is. That is all I'm saying.

Getting mad at this truth doesn't change it.
>>
>>75959409
What I mean these people did not believe and few down right reject that the apocryphas are canonical.
Arguably, if it wasn't for the Council of Trent the reformation wouldn't have been as influential as it was.
>>
>>75959409
What truth? that you cannot point out the countries that were in the soviet union in a map? why is Russia not atheist? why is Belarus not atheist? why is Poland not atheist? why is the Ukraine not atheist? etc etc
I'm not surprised an American evangelist is retarded because its the stereotype but come the fuck on.
>>
>>75959687

>why is Poland not atheist?

Some countries have a strong national spirit and fight to keep their culture alive no matter what.

Look at Czech on the other hand and you'll see a cucked people who's entire culture literally revolves around surrendering.

>>75959656

There's always been theologians who debate the legitimacy of different books.

I don't see how you can exclude the events of the Maccabees though for example, those things did in fact happen.

To get an idea of the sincerity of those who were removing apocrypha, you have to remember that they also wanted to remove the Book of Jude because it mentioned Enoch.

They even thought about removing the Book of James.
>>
>>75959917
Czech people cucked? what ? you know hitler annexed them because the fuckers basically drove out Germans away previously right? I'm done listening and humoring your pathetic damage control of the fact that you were called on your absolute ignorance of what countries constituted the Soviet Union.
Enjoy your uneducated worker life
>>
>>75959917
>There's always been theologians who debate the legitimacy of different books.
I agree, however Pope Gregory wasn't a theologian. Those who were weren't (seemly) afraid as being cast as "an anathema" by Catholics.

>I don't see how you can exclude the events of the Maccabees though for example, those things did in fact happen.
Because like all other apocrypha books their not considered inspired.

>To get an idea of the sincerity of those who were removing apocrypha, you have to remember that they also wanted to remove the Book of Jude because it mentioned Enoch.
And in Matthew Jesus mentioned the Talmud, but I have yet to witness any Christian to remove one gospel.

>They even thought about removing the Book of James.
From what I can recall only Luther wanted this.
>>
File: 1425946237969.png (530 KB, 881x905) Image search: [Google]
1425946237969.png
530 KB, 881x905
>>75960276

>uneducated worker life

Well that sounds like the accusation of a liberal if I've ever heard one.

Goodbye.
>>
>>75960524

>Because like all other apocrypha books their not considered inspired.

>considered

That's the key word.

>And in Matthew Jesus mentioned the Talmud, but I have yet to witness any Christian to remove one gospel.

That's because there is no basis to do so. But, they still wanted to remove it.

>From what I can recall only Luther wanted this.

Yes, and Martin Luther is the founder of the protestant movement.
>>
>>75960703
Yes, considered. Because didn't send anyone to be his messenger for nearly 300 years after the reign of Alexander the great.
" This interval of time was little short of three thousand years. But as to the time from the death of Moses, till the reign of Artaxerxes, King of Persia, who reigned after Xerxes, the Prophets, who were after Moses, wrote down what was done in their times, in thirteen books. The remaining four books contain hymns to God; and precepts for the conduct of human life. ’Tis true, our history hath been written since Artaxerxes very particularly; but hath not been esteemed of the like authority with the former by our forefathers; because there hath not been an exact succession of Prophets since that time. Josephus, the historian.

>But, they still wanted to remove it.
Uhm, no they didn't.

>Yes, and Martin Luther is the founder of the protestant movement.
And? Protestants wanted to follow his critical ideas and based on the dogma with scripture.
>>
>>75961077

>Uhm no they didn't

Not Matthew, I meant Jude and James

>And? Protestants wanted to follow his critical ideas and based on the dogma with scripture.

Well, it sort of shows that there were some things wrong with his personal agenda, that he would want to remove a book from the Holy Bible.
>>
>>75961225
Knowing Luther he probably wanted to keep the books which we know the authors who wrote them. Same reason why he wanted to remove gospel of Hebrews.

>that he would want to remove a book from the Holy Bible.
He want to remove book of James because he though it combated with Sola fide.
>>
File: 633.png (283 KB, 625x941) Image search: [Google]
633.png
283 KB, 625x941
>>75961629

>He want to remove book of James because he though it combated with Sola fide.

You see though, this is the problem. With Protestantism came a lot of separation from doctrine.

Division became rampant and everyone started making up their own interpretations and throwing out whatever they didn't like.

Eventually you get Mormons and Jehovah's witnesses who deny that Jesus is God.
>>
>>75961760
Yet, protestants still have the book of Jude and James despite our wishes otherwise, because of Sola Scriptura.

>Division became rampant and everyone started making up their own interpretations
I think it was a harsh mistake for Protestants part. We should've compared Greek & Hebrew understanding of the text, so we could have full view as the Holy spirit's doctrines were already in the bible.

>Mormons
>Christians
Come on, now.
>>
File: 1464812338887.png (221 KB, 1202x1033) Image search: [Google]
1464812338887.png
221 KB, 1202x1033
>>75962093

>Come on, now.

My point exactly

But I've run into people who are just simply Protestant and when I just casually mentioned to them that Jesus was God they thought I was nuts.

>I think it was a harsh mistake for Protestants part. We should've compared Greek & Hebrew understanding of the text, so we could have full view as the Holy spirit's doctrines were already in the bible.

You needed unity. There has to be leadership, and there has to be hierarchy. This way one Pastor/Priest can't start a cult-following and try to change how people view what SHOULD be immovable doctrine and dogma. There needs to be doctrine and dogma that is universal, so that if someone says otherwise people will be able to easily recognize that.

That's why there needs to be Holy Orders in the first place.
>>
>>75962312
But don't assume Catholics are invulnerable.
Like Mormons, ya'll are susceptible to Freemasonry as well.

Well, if I met a Catholic in person I would think they were crazy too.

>You needed unity.
Our five Solas were supposed to become the Protestants way of unification, but because of 'personal, individual interpretation' it split us apart.

>That's why there needs to be Holy Orders in the first place.
But not from the roman church, or Mary, or Arch angel.
>>
File: 1464763489949.jpg (28 KB, 274x355) Image search: [Google]
1464763489949.jpg
28 KB, 274x355
>>75963215

>Like Mormons, ya'll are susceptible to Freemasonry as well.

Top kek m8, as if I don't know that.

Catholics are under siege currently. They are trying to modernize the Church, and many Catholics are going borderline underground into more Traditional Churches.

>Our five Solas were supposed to become the Protestants way of unification, but because of 'personal, individual interpretation' it split us apart.

That was the entire point though, I believe that division was purposeful. That is what Satan does after all. Divide divide divide. Divide and Conquer.

>But not from the roman church, or Mary, or Arch angel.

Are you one of those that believe that we worship Mary, Saints, or Angels? Because we don't.
>>
Whats with all the christian general threads up lately? Not that I mind but didnt see them for ages and now tons up.
>>
>>75963434
>That is what Satan does after all. Divide divide divide. Divide and Conquer.
Just like how the Catholic churches are trying to "modernize" while followers are going underground?

>Are you one of those that believe that we worship Mary, Saints, or Angels? Because we don't.
What Catholic say contradicts what you guys do. Any observer could testify it.
>>
>>75963652
I've been seeing them almost 24/7. I have no problem with it.
>>
>>75963712

>Just like how the Catholic churches are trying to "modernize" while followers are going underground?

Pretty much.

>What Catholic say contradicts what you guys do. Any observer could testify it.

I don't know a single Catholic who would agree with you. Your claim that we're polytheists or that we worship saints is absolutely ridiculous.
>>
File: 035iubu%u-1.png (1 MB, 1242x396) Image search: [Google]
035iubu%u-1.png
1 MB, 1242x396
>>75963799
>I don't know a single CATHOLIC who would agree with you.
Exactly.
>>
>>75963652

Times are getting worse, people need to talk about God before inevitable purging of believers begins.
>>
>>75963776
Yea i dont have a problem either but its werid how suddenly they are all over. Im wondering if we all made it to traditional monarchist now after far right.
>>75963928
Heretics are never able to understand reverence vs worship.
>>75963970
I do believe we are in the end game of this civilization. Lot will change soon. Lot is already changing.
>>
File: Altar.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
Altar.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>75963928

>Implying that Abraham, Isaac and Jacob didn't build altars to God.

Psalm 43:4

Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God.
>>
>>75964050
>Heretics are never able to understand reverence vs worship.
I agree-Catholics will never understand.
>>
>>75964050

>I do believe we are in the end game of this civilization. Lot will change soon. Lot is already changing.

Globalists taking over. Apostasy may soon take hold of the Church.

I'm watching this Pope with suspicion desu famalam.

He hasn't tried to touch doctrine or dogma yet so I'm not budging until he does.
>>
>>75964104
Even Catholics wouldn't call Mary an alter.

Also, David is worshiping to God not the alter
>>
>>75964190
I dont really get this pope desu. He says and does things that are questionable and walking on heresy and then he also makes some outreach to SSPX. Im confused as to what his true goals are.
>>
>>75964267

>Also, David is worshiping to God not the alter

Exactly
>>
>>75964278

He's weird, but he's not as weird as Benedict in my opinion.

I feel that he's a bit of a clueless person to be quite frank with you. We clearly have apostates within our ranks of Cardinals who are trying to vote in a true globalist instead of someone who is incidentally liberal and they just keep missing the mark by a few inches.
>>
So how do you Christians 'love your enemies' and 'love your neighbour as yourself' when you hate niggers, Jews, the poor, etc.?
>>
>>75964495
I think with exception to Pius X cardinals have chosen the wrong person for the job since like the 1500s.
>>
>>75964528
Why do you think Christians live in singular
race communities?

>>75964334
Yes, I've proven my point.
>>
File: 1435367153991.jpg (908 KB, 2730x2730) Image search: [Google]
1435367153991.jpg
908 KB, 2730x2730
>>75964528

>Hate niggers, Jews, the poor...

/pol/ in general has a hard time articulating itself.

Most of /pol/, or at least people who have thought things through do not hate black people, or jews, or even gays.

They especially don't hate the poor.

What they hate is that organizations like Black Lives Matter are clearly being funded by elites like George Soros for the purpose of causing racial tension.

The elites love conflict, they want the blacks to hate the whites, and they want the white to hate the blacks as a result. They want gays to rise up and cause angst, they want people within the gay community to hate each other.

It's all about division. Even within the gay community there is a division now. The trannies hate the gays, the gays hate the lesbians, the lesbians hate the gays for being misogynistic.

Pic related.

It's the result of progress and multi-culturalism.
>>
>>75964729

Kinda seems like you passive aggressively agreed on that point.

You both made the same point that altars are not made to be worshipped
>>
File: 342234234234234.jpg (14 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
342234234234234.jpg
14 KB, 306x306
>>75963928
I hope you realize that Catholics don't pray to saints, they ask for their intercession.

It's like masturbating to porn, the video helps you visualize what you want to get the job done .
>>
>>75965329

That is a horrible analogy.
>>
File: paint2.png (14 KB, 782x428) Image search: [Google]
paint2.png
14 KB, 782x428
>tfw deist
>tfw freemason
>tfw believe in christian values and would have no problem living in a theocracy

christ-chan will never accept me
>>
File: 1464755427338.png (207 KB, 443x523) Image search: [Google]
1464755427338.png
207 KB, 443x523
>>75965502

>freemason

Please consider turning away from this heresy.
>>
>>75965395
I try my best to relate to these people to get the job done, anon.

Are you Catholic?
>>
File: 1464848780279.png (708 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1464848780279.png
708 KB, 1280x720
>>75965661

Yep. Welcome to the thread!
>>
>>75965583
freemasons are just pointed at for a lot of things like jesuits are
>>
>>75965707
Thanks. :D

I love these threads, looks like there's more and more of them during the week.
>>
>>75965296
Thank you! seriously, these Catholics...

>>75965329
Da fug?

>>75965502
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86GrvQRThSk
>>
>>75965886

Kek.

>yfw I'm actually Catholic
>>
>>75965769

Meh, I don't care so much about that.

Why be Deist?
>>
>>75966015
So, what?
You recognized the truth, so you're on your way to Protestantism.
>>
File: salette3.jpg (25 KB, 234x431) Image search: [Google]
salette3.jpg
25 KB, 234x431
>>75965502
>freemason

freemason = anti-catholic

if u dont know this then ure very low level mason
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 95

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.