[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anything /pol/ would consider hate speech?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1414783144878.jpg (41 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1414783144878.jpg
41 KB, 640x480
Is there anything /pol/ would consider hate speech?
>>
>>75917735

Everything pisses someone off.
>>
Any proposal to limit the free expression of ideas is hate speech.
>>
If it actively advocates for the genocide of any particular group and dehumanises them, or the restriction of rights for a certain group dependent on their race, ideology, gender etc
>>
Degeneracy is basically "thing i don't like"
>>
>>75917735
>hate
>speech
It's a meme, like emotional abuse. A way for people to blame you for disagreeing with them or being mean.
>>
>>75917735
A modern society can not have a comitie to decide what is ok and what is not. Say 60 years ago in most western countries bieng gay was ither a criminal ofence or at least it could cost you your job. Society thought that bieng gay was wrong. Degenerets and ofensive to common morals (at the time) changed this view. Because they could speak and where not policed. What is hate, what is not? It's full of songs that chant against cops or the rich? Or say the poor feel more. Is that hate? The last thing o want is goverment to police. Speach an press. These are fundamental rights which avance society
>>
>>75918424
>"thing i don't like"

which is good because it tends to be things that are directly damaging to society
>>
>>75917735
No, because I don't give a shit. There is shit I would consider legit threats or sedition, but hate speech is stupid as fuck. So for example saying, fuck I hate niggers/whitey - who gives a fuck? But saying, let's go kill some niggers/crackers - that's different. Even advocating genocide isn't something I would consider terribly important unless someone had an actual plan and were trying to enact it.
>>
>>75918192
>If it actively advocates for the genocide of any particular group
If you had stopped here you would have been golden, you even included the word active and gave me such hope... and then you had to gay it up with intangibles that are ripe for manipulation. I would probably have expanded it to be any act of violence(physical, not imaginary) rather than just genocide.

"Let's go burn down all their houses tomorrow" - Active call to violence, hate speech
"These people are shit and I don't like them" - Expressing an opinion, NOT FUCKING HATE SPEECH
>>
>>75917735
No. You fucking censorship-hungry bastard. I do however believe that the truth should always be valued above dignity and even well-being. If the truth kills, Humanity was meant to die.
>>
>>75917735
Direct death threats.

Emphasis on *direct.
>>
>>75917735
Hate speech is a phony concept made up to destroy freedom of speech.
It has no rigorous definition. The Zionist finds anti-Israel propaganda to be anti-Semitic hate speech, and the post-Zionist finds Zionism to be a supremacist, exclusionary, violent belief brimming with hate speech. In every political dispute, the definition of hate speech becomes a proof of which side has more power.
>>
>>75920861
That's not hate speech, that's direct death threats, already outside free speech.
>>
>>75921031
Well then I guess there's nothing I would consider to be hate speech :^)
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.