[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what was the 90s like?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: 90s.png (230 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
90s.png
230 KB, 400x400
i was born in 1993 and even back then i dont know anything about the 90s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECM9tBZtDr4
>>
Skateboarding. Better video games
>>
>>75914337
It was beautiful
>>
If the 80's were the bad ass party, the 90's were the hangover the next morning.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 386x217) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 386x217
Daily reminder if you were born before 1999 YOU DONT BELONG HERE
>>
It was a simpler, more innocent time
>>
Anyone else feel like they were born in the wrong generation
>>
I think it was the last sane decade before everything went tits-up
>>
>>75914838
Before?
>>
>>75914978
Yes and it's not silly to think so.
Some people are just born in the wrong century
>>
>>75914480
>Better video games
no
>>
>>75914838
what?
>>
Loved my childhood, can't imagine what it would be like now with facebook, instagram and everything.

Although life is better now I'm glad I grew up when I did.
>>
>>75914337
19:16
how is this okay?
>>
>>75915903
yaa hehe i didnt think anyone would actually watch the music clips

but it just seems like michaels sister was just a slut, women get off on showing/telling the rest of the world that they are having sex
>>
File: 1412997393832.png (18 KB, 576x348) Image search: [Google]
1412997393832.png
18 KB, 576x348
>>75915071
Video games that were actually games and not slowly becoming co-opted kike movies with pick your own choices.
>>
File: 31N6Pot.jpg (45 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
31N6Pot.jpg
45 KB, 500x332
>>75914337
It was fake and gay.
>>
File: 1464415843476.jpg (31 KB, 500x434) Image search: [Google]
1464415843476.jpg
31 KB, 500x434
>>75914337
it was dope. no one had cell phones. shit was exciting.

now we are literally slaves to our fucking phones. my faggot boss can call me whenever the ful he wants wherever the fuck.i am. faggot
>>
>>75914337
Only 90s kids will remember.
>>
>>75916743
Yep this

I was born in '85. I remember when the internet became popular is when society really started going downhill. I realize how that must sound to the younger cats who have never been without it, but seriously; everything was just simpler and the wild fringe movements you seem to see everywhere these days, would have been no more than an afterthought of some hippie documentary you read at the library.
>>
better, honestly. no cell phones everywhere. even PCs were still not around much. a family might have a central PC (that cost over 1k) with dialup internet. (AOL, Prodigy, Compuserve)

fun times.
>>
>>75917030
we have been tamed

you know i remember far enough just before myspace andd cell phones took off, im pretty nostalgic about it
>>
Old fag here
It was an age of excess and expectations
You would party until 3:00 and be back in the office at 6:00
If you were a light weight, it was difficult to get promoted
It was expected that you would be out partying with coworkers or clients at least 3 times a week
Women gladly accepted being a inferior part to the corporate structure. They knew a man could do a better job so were happy with filling in as a support member of the team.

Blacks actually aspired to go to college and get jobs or were hood rats. The college bound appreciated the education and opportunity

Muslims stayed in Muslim countries

Fags were still mostly in the closet and if not much more quiet about.

All the rest of the gender confusion twisting turning drama didn't exist so wasn't an issue

Betas were new to the scene and usually knew their place, in a support role with the women

Fags knew their place, in a support role with the women.

It was a white man's party world of excess and no one apologized for it because you fucking earned it with sweat and performance or you got canned.

Good times to be a white alpha male.
>>
The most peaceful and prosperous decade in US history. You can pinpoint this period to the exact dates of Nov. 9, 1989 (fall of the Berlin Wall) up until Sept. 11, 2001.

There were no other economic or military superpowers in existence after the Soviet Union fell, no major US conflicts aside from Desert Storm (which lasted only 6 months.)

There was no major recession in this period, and economic activity was high. The stock market returns were very high between the crash of 1987 and the dot com bubble in 2000-2001. Consumer spending at all time highs.

The Internet exploded, PCs became cheaper and a staple of every home and office.

Cable TV first became popular in the 80's, and hit its peak during the 90's. Reality TV hadn't hit mainstream until Survivor in 2000.

It was a period when Hollywood was throwing more money than ever at new ideas, but hadn't yet discovered that people will still consume the same rehashed material in the form of reboots, prequels, and movie universes. Major releases were made exclusively to appeal to US audiences, instead of today where they are also made to appeal to Chinese audiences.

Entertainment and product advertising aimed towards kids/teens peaked in the 90's. This is the reason for the whole "90's kid" meme.

I'm not saying the 90's were perfect and there were a lot of shitty things that happened during that period, but the US economic boom and end of the Cold War made it the best time period to live in as a US citizen. It was honestly the closest the US had ever come to realizing the 1950's American ideal of peace and prosperity.
>>
>>75917318
I think once I am finally forced to upgrade to Win10 I am just gonna get rid of all my tech crap. There is so much more to life than just culture (whether that be technological or otherwise)

Probably just going to keep on surfing, get back into the mountains in the summer to camp and spend more time with my dog.

Life is too short for this ridiculous bull crap
>>
>>75917436
Well said!
>>
>>75917436
best post so far in thread
>>
>>75917327
thank you
>>75917327
thank you>>75917436
thanks man
>>75917639
i feel u man i think about this all the time but then again it can be a little hard i think especially for younger people to return to an older lifestyle because they actually wouldnt be returning to a life style that they had previously experienced, they grew up with this shit including me,
also there are some benefits of being glued to a computer screen 24/7 like if your run your business on there
>>
>>75914337
>born 85
between late may and late august the neighborhood kids would come out after breakfast and cartoons and run until streetlights came on. also, fist fights.

we would fight constantly, and no parents got involved. if a couple kids fought, they bought each other candy bars afterward and laughed about it.
also, smear the queer was the greatest summertime football related game
>>
File: johnnyboy.jpg (136 KB, 1200x803) Image search: [Google]
johnnyboy.jpg
136 KB, 1200x803
>>75914337
A higher entry level for everything computer related. It wasn't until Windows 95 that normies really began to use computers outside of business.

There were no serious social networks and getting on the internet was considered nerdy. The hot girls in your school were not posting photos of themselves online every day.

Cellphones were expensive and people still used landlines. Every house had an answering machine and every school had some payphones outside.

People watched a lot of TV and there was very little video on the internet.

Multiplayer gaming on the PC was considerably trickier and people had LAN parties. Consoles were built around local play. Everything vidya was more expensive than today and kids would go to arcades and spend a few bucks.

America was the undisputed champion, Russia was in shambles and we had just massacred Iraq which meant that the burgerland hype and arrogance was 10x what it is now.

There was a massive tech boom and weird shit was being invented every day and people legitimately thought that we'd be in some kind of cyberpunk dystopia by 2020.
>>
>>75918374
holy fucking shit we did all of that early 2000s shit was fun

playing games with the neighborhood kids all thru out the day or fighting.
you dont see kids really outside anymore and especially not out running around with the other kids when your like in middle school or high school
>>
>>75919101
yeah, i started driving in the early 2000's. driving gives a certain perspective, you know, not running kids over and whatnot.

i can honestly say that after 15 or so years of driving the kids running the streets count has dropped drastically. im guessing youre between 19 and 22?
its fucking weird, man. your graduating class was the last to play until the street lights come on.
>>
>>75914337
i was born 1993 too and I remember Star Wars ep1
I remember playing Super Nintendo

I remember Video Games that looks like nothing but some little figures moving from left screen to right screens, all of a sudden turning into 3d Games that now almost look like real life. (which is the most impressive thing of all)
>>
>>75920401
im 22 i was born in 1993 and graduated 2012
I didnt know that the games were playing like Smear the queer and stuff were actually games from when you were a kid.

but yeah being a kid in the early 2000s was so good man honestly
>>
>>75921161
got ya.

its funny, right? you actually are the last generation to play outside like grazing animals. you were the last to NOT have helicopter parents

do you realize i didnt hear the term "play date" until my friends started having kids?
>>
>>75914337

There as no diversity, I can tell you that.
>>
>>75922797
y diversity right now, there must have been far more diversity back then compared today because information has become more centralized and everyone communicates on social networks on the internet.

back then people didnt have as many ways to stay connected to the net so they were prolly more free thinkers and not brain damaged by phone addiction
>>
>malls were filled with white people
>they had a huge variety of different places like a candy store, toy store, silly science shop, exotic trade goods store, Asian culture place, and even a store run by kids as practice for the business world
>every place in the food court is filled
>teenagers from all walks of life arranged in cliques strewn from one side of the court to the other
>arcade was always alive and you could spend 3 hours there easily

I miss it so much. All my city's malls now are half closed and basically nigger hives.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.