[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, is this bullshit or not?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: Fairtrade.png (8 KB, 301x301) Image search: [Google]
Fairtrade.png
8 KB, 301x301
So, is this bullshit or not?
>>
>>75904660
essentially: no
reality: yes
>>
>(R)
u wot m8
>>
No one actually gives a fuck about coffee farmers.

Only pinko organic kale eating faggots pretend to care.
>>
>>75904660
Marxist criticism about Fairtrade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P18UK5IMRDI
>>
>>75904660
>Charge more for the same product
>Poor people somewhere may or may not get paid more trust us goyim

Its capitalism. There is almost no chance the farmers see a cent extra. I never buy fair trade because I do not trust it.
>>
On one hand, it's voluntarism. In practice, however, it's just one huge virtue signalling circle-jerk.
>>
File: 1464731629405.png (703 KB, 475x637) Image search: [Google]
1464731629405.png
703 KB, 475x637
I would rather farmers in Malawi feed their families first before getting sucked into the capitalist system. Fairtrade is too much of an incentive.
>>
>>75904763

They're not some opensource commies, they're co-operatives (companies owned and run by their employees).

>>75904660

No, it's legit and one of the few really easy ways to actually help people who need it.
>>
>>75904929

Except it's not more expensive, not here anyway idk about Potato Island.
>>
File: che-stallman-tshirt-show.jpg (40 KB, 350x465) Image search: [Google]
che-stallman-tshirt-show.jpg
40 KB, 350x465
>>75905545
>opensource
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-for-freedom.html
>>
>>75905545
install gentoo
>>
>>75905545
>they're co-operatives (companies owned and run by their employees).
As a card-carrying commie scum killer, I think that's a great idea. I'm all for people trying alternative ideas.

I don't know why you'd call it to do with trade or put an (R) on it tho but maybe I'm not up on the latest cool kid stuff.
>>
>>75905811

Eh open source is not the stupidest thing people believe in, and it does more good than harm.

But Fairtrade is a business venture, not a charity or philosophy, when you buy it you know most of the profit is going to stimulate whatever local economy they have, without being filtered thru a hundred middlemen like charitable contributions are, or being given directly to dictators like foreign aid is.

>>75905987

The R means it's a registered trademark. And cooperatives are hardly new, they're more a continuation of pre-capitalist guilds.
>>
File: fairtrading.png (29 KB, 301x301) Image search: [Google]
fairtrading.png
29 KB, 301x301
Yes goy, it's fair, trust me.

We need to charge you more because you're not paying enough.

Just look at these poor Africans who make your food.

Oy vey they're still poor.

W-what d-do you mean w-where did the m-money go?

Oy vey you antisemite, don't look at our accounts

U-uh, I can explain why 90% of it is going to Israel

I-it's because of muh 6,000,000

Don't worry about it goy...
>>
>>75906222
I know what (R) means, and I have a few small coops near me. I'm also a bit familiar with guilds.

So what I always suggest to you lot is that you brand yourselves better and keep your rhetoric toward what you wish to achieve. Do it. Show us how much better it is.

Personally, I keep all of my fake transient number money in credit unions. I think that's way better. But you have to sell it right. Don't be like Garry Johnson and stumble around like, huh huh, uh, huh huh, yeah, uh, huh huh, yeah, I do smoke weed, pfffffffft! huh huh huh huh huh, wait, what was the question? ha ha ha.
>>
>>75906396

It isn't more expensive, it's owned by working blacks, hispanics and poo-in-loos, not by lazy niggers or parasite kikes. Shill harder for Nescafe you walking failure.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_trade#What_happens_to_the_money

it's like most of these charities where the people involved make most of the money, not the poors that are supposedly helped.
>>
>>75906643

No one is being paid to shill for (((Nescafe))). It's a Third-world-funded lie and a pathetic attempt to smear their brand.
>>
>>75904660
Very much so, the farmers actually get less than they do through free trade.
>>
File: 6ef.png (349 KB, 392x600) Image search: [Google]
6ef.png
349 KB, 392x600
>>75904660

Yes fair trade is retarded.

Publicly pushed for my liberal because muh feels and they have zero understanding of economics

Privately pushed for by special interest because they can't compete otherwise.

Results in hippies jerking off because they think something good. Corporations making money through cronyism. While the poor in impoverished countries are fucked out of thier only means of income and the American people have to spend more on inferior goods.

Tldr fuck hippies and fuck crony capitalist
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.