[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Making a Change
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: Amendments.jpg (43 KB, 450x364) Image search: [Google]
Amendments.jpg
43 KB, 450x364
If you've got any legislative experience, get in here, but anyone is welcome.

Tell me, everyone, what would it really take to make a change. What would I actually have to do to put a bill through a congressional floor. It would have to start with local support, then state and regional, and then finally nationwide before I could ever even get an audience with congress. But I don't want this email your congressman bullshit. I know it doesn't work. What REALLY has to happen. How can I do it, /pol/?

To those still interested, I've devised a bill that would completely restore the first amendment. I've scoured plenty of current laws and federal codes that infringe upon it, and this bill would completely restore it to the way the Framers had intended. I may share down the road, but right now, I need help on actually making a move.
>>
It's possible, but it takes a lot of work, with a strong possibility of no payoff.
>>
We already have a first amendment. Do we need anything more than an executive to enforce it and a judicial branch to rule by it?
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 800x494) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 800x494
>>75902841
Not sure there's any other way anymore.
>>
>devised a bill that would completely restore the first amendment
Post it.
>>
POST IT
>>
OP POST IT
>>
>>75902841

The system is corrupt and irredeemable. You cannot fix it from within. Either you excise the tumor or you leave it alone. Protests, telling people the truth, using logic and speaking common sense doesn't even count as chemo anymore. It's far too gone for such things to work. The media's married with it and the internet holds no power. You can't really do anything. The biggest impact would be if you could assassinate some prominent figures and make a huge scandal, but they would make up a story about it and focus on the "tragedy" instead of your actual motivations, if they found out about it, etc...

Just give up.
>>
>>75905991
>implying most of all OPs aren't bots that never ever reply again because they post nutugger material of whatever sort.
>implying you won't get past 300 again posting about dicks or black dicks
>>
OP RESPOND
PROVE YOU'RE NOT A BOT
>>
>>75906708
OP here, not a bot. I''m not wanting to share just yet, but please, please understand how much I want to share this with the community. I've spent much time on pol, and I've used it to cut my teeth on the true nature of politics, my debate skills, and the general pleasure of dealing with idiots who don't know what's going on. But I need to inquire further.
>>
>>75907604

Make a website

Contact your state legislature to write a resolution supporting your proposal and/or a resolution stating every federal act infringing on Freedom of Speech.

Contact your Congressional Representative and Senator to support your proposal.

Make a website

Possibly get in contact with a Freedom of Speech organization and share your findings.

Contact relevant, friendly media (maybe Brietbart? or Drudge Report?)

Use social media to your advantage. Make up a memorable #Hashtag

Make a website :-)
>>
>>75907604

You gotta go local. Everybody focuses on the federal government but the State government is were the people has the most influence by virtue of actually living in same place that these politicians live.

Your state legislators could then get in contact with other state legislators and possibly create some sort of coalition.
>>
Speaking of local, write an editorial for your newspaper.
>>
So roughly in this order:

1. Make a website

2. Exploit social media (e.g., #Hashtag campaign)

3. Write an editorial for your local newspaper with the website and relevant social media for more information

4. Using the followers of your social media, orchestrate a mass contact of your state legislators.

5. Contact relevant independent media, including relevant YouTubers.

6. If possible, make your next local/state election about Freedom of Speech and possible solutions, including your proposed bill.

7. ????

8. Contact more mainstream media. Maybe even Alex Jones.

9. Orchestrate a mass contact of federal legislators of your proposed bill.

10. Make the next election of your state federal legislators about Freedom of Speech and your proposed bill.
>>
Also, in between 2 and 3, contact relevant university clubs and associations. Organized a protest or rally. Have them put up posters.
>>
>>75909999
>>
Who will this appeal to (ie who will devote time and money to it)?

Legal community, academics, kids, women, spics, etc??

You will need to create some sort of coalition to fundraise in order to amplify your idea. It doesn't have to start large. There are some good ideas in this thread.

Good luck in getting at least 66% of the public behind your idea.
>>
>>75902841
Money(the easy route)
or
luck, blackmail, manipulation
or
common pressing issue
or a lot of groundwork and support
>>
>>75911684
>blackmail
It's time to Netflix & Chill, OP.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.