[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, will Ireland end like Spain?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: eire.jpg (54 KB, 415x332) Image search: [Google]
eire.jpg
54 KB, 415x332
>At this point Ireland through its political and media establishments seem determined to eliminate the engagement of the Catholic Church in the public sphere

http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/news/2016/06/02/irish-establishment-is-determined-to-eliminate-catholicism-from-public-sphere-says-bishop/

catholic Ireland over?
>>
>>75899115
Yeah. Catholicism is basically done here. I lived in New York and knew more religious people there and Ny is notoriously secular. Some people, particularly in the North but also the south also hold on to the word "Catholic" as a cultural identifier to show they're not British and for a 32 county republic. This is the only reason Catholicism still ranks high in census reports.
>>
>>75899759
Think there's any chance of a comeback?

Alcohol is proof the God loves us in my opinion, and I hear you all like alcohol.
>>
>>75899896
Nah religion is finished. Fortunately alcohol is here to stay though.
>>
>>75900665
That's pretty sad. Is there any country left where the Church has any public respect? Except Poland
>>
>>75900665
Well, don't start getting rid of the relics of it. Maybe it will be of historical interest, but it also might be something people come to decide they liked better afterall.
>>
>>75900907
South America I imagine. But that's full of Spics and niggers. Northern Ireland is more religious in general, be it protestantism or Catholicism but they'd beat you up for being foreign.
>>
>>75901289
Do Poles in Ireland support the Church in any way?
>>
>>75901387
Yeah I think they're more religious in general.
>>
>>75900907
Where I live there are so many churches that I can't tell you all of the names or which denominations they are.

Many have been deconsecrated, which is a sign of the times, but for the most part they seem to have been treated nicely. I hope it stays that way.
>>
>>75901559
Ok, but how much are they representative for the country? You have Trump and Clinton as candidates for presidents. That doesn't seem like a christian country
>>
>>75899115
Over my dead body
>t. Northern Ireland Catholic
>>
>>75902190
I don't really know. But you can't judge it by our political leaders because most of them worship satan (I'm not kidding) and most people don't know this.

But I think you could go almost any city or town here and find a church and Christians of one sect or another. A great many of them just keep quiet and live their happy lives instead of try to represent the country.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.