[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was your experience like in the military?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 15
File: US-MILITARY.jpg (380 KB, 1536x1022) Image search: [Google]
US-MILITARY.jpg
380 KB, 1536x1022
It's 11:00 and I'm still laying in bed.

It's been over a year since my last job. I've been looking at job listings, but nothing gets me motivated.

All I do is bum around all day on the internet mostly. I just finished jerking off for the second time in 24 hours. I stay up past midnight every night watching movies and browsing 4chan, wondering what I'm going to do with my life.

I need to get out of this prison I've created for myself.

I've thought about joining the military a few times, but I've always considered it a last resort.

Well this morning is different. I'm seriously considering it. I need someone to tell me what to do, because honestly I think I might be close to being suicidal.

Maybe the military would make my depression worse. But /pol/ has inspired me to be more patriotic. I want to help people, and I want to help my country.

I want to be a man as well. I know that sounds stupid, but I'm 24 and I feel like I'm still living as an adolescent.

So I'm asking all of you who have served in the military, what's it really like? Is it worth it? Will it help me get out of this rut I've found myself in?
>>
Get through training and a few years of service, then go private, where the real money is.
>>
>>75875311
It worked for me, but not enough.
>>
>>75875688
sounds like you had a mixed experience, did you revert back to being a neet after you left?
>>
How smart are you? If you're a dumb ass don't join. You'll spend 4 years as a janitor and get noting out of it. How is your spelling, reading comprehension and can you do math without a calculator?
>>
>>75876335
I am pretty smart, excellent grades in high school, a 33 on my ACT. 35 on my math ACT.

I have a bachelor's degree, it's in technical communications so nothing too impressive, but I would consider myself intelligent.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Bout to get deployed, least it's paying for college
>>
>>75875910
I am still serving, two more years till end of contract. If i drop it now, i'm pretty sure ill be back to neet life fast. It's not army what makes the diference (it helps a lot tho), its all about your work on yourself.
>>
I did 8 years Army. I got out for 4 years, and just re enlisted with the Air Force about 6 months ago. My wife is Air Force also.

It really is what you make of it. Sure it sucks balls at times just like any other job does, and there's the occasional douchebag who has a hard on about his position, but what civilian job doesn't have the same type of shit?

I've decided to just put in my last 12 years and retire. Plus you get free college. I go to school online part time so I can go to officer school and get better retirement benefits.

If you like to travel, go for it. I've been everywhere from Alaska to Iraq, to Germany, etc. You'll have job security, a paycheck twice a month, free housing if you choose to live in the barracks or dorms, free food at the chow hall if you choose to eat there.

Also, if you do go in, do the Air Force. If you want to be all hooah and tote a rifle, the air force has Security Forces and Pararescue. Better food, better bases, shorter deployments, and better education.
>>
Also since u have a degree u can join as officer and make bank and love life
>>
Do it! Seriously, do it. I had a lot of fun in the Army.
>>
>wanting to serve the kikes
>>
>>75877232
>>75877254
>>75877405

I am on a very very low dose of Lamictal (lamotrigine) for mood swings following the death of someone close to me a little over two years ago.

According to this http://cpol.army.mil/library/mobil/docs/CEW-Guide-Attach-IX-C.pdf it's non-waiverable.

If I get off it for three months am I good to go? I'm hoping one of you have some kind of knowledge of this.

I think I might be fucked.
>>
>>75877580
>not joining solely because you want to kill people and have training for the upcoming racewar/civil war
>>
>>75875626
I believe (pretty sure) that after being in the military you can make BANK working in private security. Like $200,000 after a few years.
>>
>>75875311
>Shooting stuff was fun
>Being part of a broke ass military was not
If I were to ever do it again, I would join the Air Force because Army barracks suck dick compared to CFB Holiday Inn Express.
>>
>>75877686
The best thing I can tell you is talk to a recruiter. Tell them about the situation you're in. They're going to encourage you to lie about it at MEPS. Don't. If you do lie, and don't disclose it, you can get popped for fraudulent enlistment down the road. That's not something you want to have happen. It's a felony. Just talk to a recruiter is the best advice I can give you.
>>
>>75877778
woah... never thought of it that way. really makes u think...

now im a #KillShill!
>>
>>75877966
it depends really, ex special forces or grunts could possibly make that but that type of money will get you sent back to Fallujah and in serious danger. My friends dad was a medic in the army turned delta forces and fought extensively in Bosnia and afghanistan. he makes 110,000$ a year but has an amazingly cushy and fun job teaching MARSOC and Recon marines how to breach ships and stuff like that.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1j3e18ZYiDA
>>
>>75877686
Also, I've seen guys get in the military despite shit like that. The waiver process is different for every branch. Some have higher standards. What disqualifies you from the air force might not disqualify for the army, etc. Just talk to a recruiter and go to MEPS. The worst that can happen is they tell you no. And if they do, try again. Persistence definitely pays off when it comes to the military bureaucracy.
>>
I was in for 4 years, did a year in Afghanistan in 2003-4. The military will change you in ways you never thought. Going back into the civilian world will be a total shock.

You will immediately realize how fucking lazy and selfish everyone really is. The old saying "The military gets more done by noon then civilians do all day" is very true.

The downside every person thinking about joining needs to understand - the military is not a democracy it's a dictatorship. You do what your NCO says when he says it or you are actually violating federal law and can be punished. This of course means that total and complete fucking assholes chads are going to gravitate to these positions and be charge of you. You really have a 50/50 chance of getting some total mental fuck-up as your first line supervisor and there will be nothing you can do about it.

Also, the higher up the chain of command the more detached they get from the reality of life as a common soldier and they will ask you to do some of the stupidest, redundant shit just to show off to THEIR commander.

I'd say pick an easy M.O.S. and aim for sergeant or pick a combat M.O.S. and prepare your butthole. Because you will get fucked. I did 4 years in artillery and I just wish I went into some totally easy shit job like air condition repair or something. My life would've turned out way different.
>>
>>75875311
>over a year
Get a job faggot
>>
>shout memes
>play cs:go and order pizza
>pretend to do something
>fake injuries if annoying training
>at field exercises use thermal imager to spot planes
>freeze in the winter
>>
>>75875311
Appreciate the military as its own thing, not as the refuge you crawled into after failing at life.
Source: shitbird who later straightened out but regrets how he mishandled his chance to be a man.
>>
>>75878351
What is an M.O.S.?

>>75878600
Details about mishandling, please?
>>
Is it possible to get 100 on the ASVAB?

Does that mean you scored the highest out of all who took the exam that session or what?
>>
>>75878884
What's the best study material for ASVAB?
>>
File: suckerpunch1.jpg (478 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
suckerpunch1.jpg
478 KB, 1080x1920
>>75875311
Do it bro and get out of that rut. You'll put up with a ton of shit but who doesn't? If you play your cards right you'll come out with some money saved, free travel, access to VA, college and money for college when you get out, exotic women if that's your thing, and a feeling of comradery rarely found in the civilian community. The important thing is to get a specialty that is easily transferable to a civilian job. For instance my specialties were in calibration of test equipment and avionics. I much rather wish I had been a Seabee and learned heavy equipment operating instead. Do good on your ASVAB and the world is yours from SEAL to nuclear engineer. Good luck.
>>
OP, I had similar problems and I walked into a recruitment center yesterday.
I had a good talk with the recruiter, though his boss was a little too over-eager to sign me and when he stepped in we flew through the "ever been sick? ever been arrested?" paperwork quicker than I would expected.

I took the practice version of whatever the placement test is, and I got a crazy high score, which is probably not all that remarkable since I live in a suburb of Houston.

Either way, things started falling into place when I went home yesterday and started looking up more realistic statistics and anecdotes about serving overseas and shit. It all sounds fine, to me, and I'm actually fairly excited to get into bootcamp and get whipped into shape.

I'm going in today to hand over my birth-certificate and sign some forms.
>>
>>75875311
Never did any service and maybe it's not a bad idea. However, this whole 22 vets a day committing suicide stat is pretty fucked up.

I've also seen a lot of vets come out of service fucked up even when they didn't see any real combat. Open burn pits, 40 billion vaccines, and shit military food screws up some people, and leaves them with all sorts of weird conditions like chronic fatigue and other weird shit (think Gulf War Syndrome).
>>
>>75876635

Talk to a navy recruiter and army recruiter but don't sign anything. Then come back online and ask more questions. If it's going to effect you for the next 4-10 years take 4-10 days and draw out a plan.

You've heard to story of blackwater? Some people join military for the training. Then the leave and join a private military hired by the government and earn 3x as much. The army has combat engineers and they fly drones. Some companies hire your fresh out of the military to work on their flight simulators. Also you could make a career out of it and not worry about what you're going to do on the outside.
>>
Do yourself a favor and get in as an officer or warrant officer, you are gonna hate the enlisted life if you get stuck with a bunch of teens.
>>
>>75878987

ASVAB for dummies, honestly.
>>
>>75879584
What do you think of operator gigs?

If I do SF for a few years, what prospects can I look forward to after I get out?

That has to be my biggest gripe
>>
>>75878006
>>75878344
Good advice, I think I'll make an appointment with my doctor too and stop taking it.

Looking online though it looks like I might be out of luck. I don't think I was ever officially diagnosed with bi-polar disorder, but apparently even the medication is red flag.

Sounds like a lot of people have been disqualified for taking exactly the medication I'm taking.
>>
File: 1424054853288.jpg (85 KB, 400x550) Image search: [Google]
1424054853288.jpg
85 KB, 400x550
>>75879172
>access to VA

Funny. You make that sound like a good thing.
Second rate doctors prescribing second rate drugs. More concerned with keeping their jobs than treating you properly.

>be me
>enlisted at 17
>busted my ass for two decades
>destroyed load bearing joints
>tossed to the curb like a burnt cigarette
>VA unresponsive to requests for medical help
>literally went bankrupt paying medical bills
>open TEN YEAR request for compensation
>scorned by civilian employers/supervisors
>misunderstood by coworkers
>nearly destroyed my family/homelife
>military is a cesspool of political correctness

Not worth it.
Not at all.

Keep your sanity and your health.
>Don't do it goy.
>>
>>75875311
Get a mos or rating in a trade that you can use on the outside. Go airforce or coast guard. Don't go marines.
>>
>>75875311
Have you ever considered a temp agency?
>>
>>75878747
Military occupation specialty I think. In the sea going services they're called rates
>>
>>75880639
This will sound stupid, but what is a temp agency and how does it work? I see stuff like this in job listings but I've disregarded them because I thought they were ads or something.
>>
>>75875311
>Get through training and a few years of service, then go private, where the real money is.
This guy gets it.
>>
>>75880758
You go to a temp agency, they hook you up with a temp job that might last a short period of time, kind of like an internship, you get paid, move on to another job for a company that needs a spot quickly filled. Minimum wage, but sometimes you can find a nice job offer out of it.
>>
>>75880873
damn I will investigate this
>>
>>75875311

>I stay up past midnight every night watching movies and browsing 4chan

You're such a badass OP, these are real problems.
>>
>>75881101
badass? I hate myself
>>
>>75880988
It's useful for getting experience for jobs too.
>>
>>75881214
that's exactly what I'm most worried about is this giant gap in my work history, it sounds like it could be a good outlet
>>
>>75880032
>>access to VA
>Funny. You make that sound like a good thing.
>Second rate doctors prescribing second rate drugs

There's a point here. the VA is fucked up. I read one too many horror stories.

>>75879830
>what prospects can I look forward to after I get out?
You've heard the saying "it's not what you know its who you know" well it's both. It's also location. You can be a great athlete but if you live in a city without a sports team how are you going to meet anyone? To put it another way, it's hard to get a gig doing deep sea diving if you live in Utah.

The important thing is by having a plan you're one step ahead. Most join not know what to expect. Wish I had a better answer. last I'll say there's nothing to stop you from calling around asking if they hire fresh-out. Instead of waiting until you graduate college or leave the military to do your homework. Do your homework before you start your journey.
>>
>>75877966
Best thing for that is to get on training courses so you can teach people. I know a guy who operated kit on Nimrods whos now making serious money with BAE teaching isr stuff to the Saudis
>>
if you are not a dude weed faggot or a beta faggot you can join border patrol with just a high school education the academy is just dealing with getting yelled at mostly and you will make over 100k after 5 years
>>
File: DSC_0154.jpg (2 MB, 3000x4000) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0154.jpg
2 MB, 3000x4000
Best time of my life honestly, thinking about going back after graduating.
>>
>>75877993
How is it that this is always true no matter what country? Air forces always get the best shit.
>>
What about the National Guard? Is the quality of life the same as in the Army Reserves?
>>
>>75881722
Unless it's the Texas National Guard, I would not bother. The Californian one is pretty common paid in IOU's. If you want to do something cool like that, join the Coast Guard instead, they actually are a lot better.
>>
>>75878987
>studying for the asvab
dude, its literally meant for 7th graders to pass. you need to be fucking retarded to get a low score
>>
both of these are way better careers than the military they both pay over 100k the listing just shows starting salary
https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/437536700/ if you are a man this is the best job in the world besides the politics
https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/440021600/ if you are a neet this will be a way easier job than the other but pays pretty much the same
>>
>>75881904
What if I want to maximize the score I get, by preparing beforehand, to get the job I want. You stupid ass
>>
You should do it. Just don't join the marines you sound like you'd kill yourself during boot camp.

I think you'd be a good fit for Air Force. Good jobs that train you and can translate to the civilian world. Cyber-security, Air Traffic Control, aircraft mechanic... etc. All high paying jobs that love to hire ex-military.

Also their chicks are super hot so you might fall in love along the way. The exercise is easy. The pay is good. The bases are great. The deployments are short. The benefits are awesome.

Just remember to say you've never smoked any weed or done any drugs ever.
>>
File: fuckthetroopsreply.png (18 KB, 498x395) Image search: [Google]
fuckthetroopsreply.png
18 KB, 498x395
Don't join the military.

The military is a last resort for stupid people. Ask yourself these questions:

- Are you prepared to fight in any war, any place, any time that the government orders you to?
- Have you really checked out all the job training and placement possibilities in your community?
- Have you talked to any of the many veterans who didn't like the military?
- If you become unhappy after you enlist, do you know how hard it will be to get out?
- If you get a less-than-honorable discharge, do you know how hard it will be to get it changed?

If you join the military you will lose all your basic rights and freedoms. Fuck that shit.
>>
>>75876637
I hope the best for you anon. Come home safe.
>>
>>75881663
Is the Finnish military really like my animes?
https://my.mixtape.moe/xlvahk.webm
>>
>>75882170
>civilians
How pathetic.
>>
File: 1435748427546.jpg (81 KB, 707x682) Image search: [Google]
1435748427546.jpg
81 KB, 707x682
>>75882119
unless youre a total retard, you will get the maximum score. but then again, im talking to a 'muritard
>>
>>75878987
>What's the best study material for ASVAB?
Look for one of those Kaplan "SAT-prep" books. Do the "reading comprehension" section only. Then google "SAT hit parade" make sure you can spell those words and you know what they mean. Then if you can do arithmetic, simple-algebra and long division without a calculator you're good. The jobs that are open to you depend on how you score.

example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAMtHp8mtAM
>>
>>75875311
Go to a recruiter. Talk with him. Don't mention your depression or mastubation habits. It will be tough at first, you're going to have to deal with a lot of shit, and actually act like someone who's trying. If you do well, you will go up in rank, and pay. If you do poorly, you will go down in pay and rank. If you stay in long enough, and do well enough, your rank and pay will get really high. And you get bonuses for enlisting. Then depending on your age when you joined, you can retire if you want, and get your sweet money for that too.
>>
>>75881872
Please elaborate
>>
>>75882781
I wanna be a CCT, this stuff is too cushy.

Nice advice btw, my little bro has some SAT prep stuff he just bought.
>>
File: DSC_0149.jpg (2 MB, 3000x4000) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0149.jpg
2 MB, 3000x4000
>>75882323
I wish it had been.
I did serve my time in dragoons as PASI/truck driver where my deceased grandfather did also serve.

Life was simple after basic training, 6 am wake up, morning routines, breakfast and off to hall, doing daily jobs and drinking plenty of coffee, back to barracks 3-5 pm, eating, cleaning, free time, cleaning, roll call, sleeping.

Year went so fast.
>>
>>75875311
Basic was just like papaw said, keep your mouth shut and you'll be fine
>>
>>75876637
>>75882280
>Chairforce

Dont worry, he'll be fine unless the PX runs out of TP and Skittles.
>>
>>75875311
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUTnBMfsKfM
>>
>>75875311

Kek, go die for Israel, bitch.
>>
>tfw you couldn't get into the military

Safe travels, guys..
>>
File: 1462110321609.png (166 KB, 618x600) Image search: [Google]
1462110321609.png
166 KB, 618x600
>start applying last April
>contract finally opens up in August
>have my GP send in my medical information
>he includes an old diagnosis for sleepwalking from when I was 10
>MEPS decides this is a good enough reason to hold me up
>they reject three doctors notes until I get a $300 neurological sleep study
>send in the results
>'minor sleep apnea' is enough to hold me up again

I swear to fucking god, I should just switch to the Marines at this point.
>>
>>75887601
Did you fail MEPs?
>>
>>75886191
>the first time you realize you can shoot out the tires
>>
>>75888172
Not exactly fail, but they told me that my information didn't add up. The recruiters told me one thing, but the MEPs lady told us different. I ended up revealing something that happened to me which wasn't even relevant.

Thus, my application has to be restarted all over again. Then on top of that, I have a small medical things which isn't that big of a deal, so I've just accepted that the military wouldn't want me anyway. I applied for the Navy.

*shrugs*

I wish I could go in, do 20, and come out as a guy with a career. But instead I'm stuck as a civilian.

I don't see why some people say the military sucks. I mean vets can say so, but civies can't. You guys risk a lot, so respect is due. I just wish I could've had that opportunity myself.
>>
File: 802.jpg (73 KB, 500x680) Image search: [Google]
802.jpg
73 KB, 500x680
>>
>>75889947
The only reason the military doesn't like Obama is because he blueballed them on Syria in 2012.
>>
>>75890271
ROE has something to do with a little bit I think.

Anybody care to enlighten
>>
I'm in a similar situation pol/ I'm still doing my second semester of college and I want to see how I can join the Air Force and serve my country. Is it true if I do 30 credits I'll be able to enlist to be an officer? I'm trying to mayor in physics. What kind of careers could I pursue along those lines that I want to pursue?
>>
I literally just ETS'd out of active duty and got my DD214 and am reporting to my new reserve unit this week. I hated the army. It's politically correct with a very specific set of guidelines that leadership pick and choose to enforce. They aren't professionals and everything everyone does is to benefit their own careers and not to help you. If you do go, don't go airborne. It sounds cool, but it fucks up your back and knees. I'm finally starting my own life living off the GI bill and drill pay with a nice part time job and using the reserve TRIcare and dental instead of that abysmal Affordable Care Act. It's not for everyone, anon
>>
>>75891059
Officers are mostly administration. If you want a technical field job you're better off being enlisted.
>>
>>75877686
No they did this shit with me they said I had to be off of my meds for 1 year before I came back and had to have a doctors note about it.

Never came back and joined my state militia
>>
>>75891113
>don't go airborne It fucks you up

Reminds me of my favorite song.

>Gory, gory, what a hell of way to die.
>He felt the wind, he felt the cold, he felt the awful drop.
>The risers swung around his neck, connectors cracked his dome.
>Suspension lines were tied in knots around his skinny bones.
>He ain't gonna jump no more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWgsdexkv18
>>
File: mememeeme.jpg (45 KB, 405x720) Image search: [Google]
mememeeme.jpg
45 KB, 405x720
>>75875311
Feel free to ask me anything, I've been in for 3 years.
>>
>>75891354
Okay, along the line of something math/experimental physics what careers would you say I should consider??
>>
>>75890271
It's because he purged all the solid generals and officers.
>>
>>75875311
Are you me? This is just how I was until a month ago and I decided to apply. Get in there quick. There's mostly younger people in the army and the cut-off for officership (which has a good salary) will come faster than you think.

There's loads of non-combat roles if you don't want them. Get fit and have a chat with the recruitment office.
>>
>>75876637
GL, these could be the best years of your life if you make them be.
>>
Did 4 years as an Infantry dude. Spent a year in Afghanistan. I am glad I had the "real" army experience but I cannot recommend going Infantry or even combat arms. Every experience I had fell into one of three buckets: boring as fuck but necessary, painful utter wastes of time, and terrifying shit that's criminal outside of warfare. If you get into a good unit you'll be able to lead a somewhat normal life while you're in. If you end up in a bad unit you will spend almost every single hour stateside doing outrageous shit that is not legal for civilian employers and you will hate your fucking life.

If I had to do it over again I would have joined as an Infantryman about 10 years earlier. Having to be a 30 year old E-4 was laughable. I also ended up at a shitty unit on Ft. Riley (which is a bullshit base) so rolling the dice to get one of those mythical good units would be worth it.
>>
>>75875311
Become a police officer or state trooper instead.
>>
>>75875311
Mine was great but I got out in 08'. My roomate is still in with 4 years to retirement and he is getting out next year because of all the problems liberals have caused. Budget Cuts, Cross dressing First Sargent, useless troops getting through basic, faggots openly acting like faggots on base and in uniform, forced liberal indoctrination classes ect. None of that shit would or did happen in my day.
>>
>>75881680

>Better funding
>Picky about where their bases will be
>Add on more luxuries to their probably permanent bases

That's pretty much a summary for why.
>>
>>75877405

Was this during the war or were you just stationed at home? I'm shipping out in August and I'd like to know what the benefits and negatives of both are.
>>
>>75875311
I did 6yrs in Army Aviation. Spent 4 yrs flying at least every other day around in black hawks as a crew chief. Best job I've ever had. Too bad I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease and was refused re-enlistment.

If you can score high on your asvab, I recommend going either airforce or army aviation. Good skills for post military career, not tons of stupid bullshit while in garrison. You know you are better than retarded ass infantry fags. Bro tier with officers/higher up NCOs.

Plus flying is the best thing on earth.
>>
>>75882170
You are truly a faggot among men
>>
>>75875311
>>75877232
>recruiters post on Maori tap dancing blogs now
>>
>>75892688
You fellas have a plan to beat that stick yet?
>>
>>75876637
>chair force
>6mo deployments
who cares
>>
File: Kuva_6[1].jpg (232 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
Kuva_6[1].jpg
232 KB, 1024x683
>>75882323
>Finnish
>Military

Pick one.
>>
>>75875311

Its your Dream
Do IT fag
>>
>>75898883

The fuck is going on in that picture
>>
>>75892688
Why aren't you a Corporal yet? Are you an 03?
>>
File: large-12717588[1].jpg (77 KB, 650x387) Image search: [Google]
large-12717588[1].jpg
77 KB, 650x387
>>75899158
They're our spec ops cavalry training with their new APCs.
>>
>>75876637
>basic training boots
>summerweight ABUS
How new are you?
>>
>>75882161
How do you tell the difference between an Army base and an Air Force base? The Air Force base has a larger golf course.
>>
File: 1455318219657.png (32 KB, 140x134) Image search: [Google]
1455318219657.png
32 KB, 140x134
>>75875311

You will get out of it what you put into it. If you go into the military, and pick a technical branch, and get into a technical school, and work your ass off, not only will you do well in the military, you will do well when you get out. If you go in, do the bare minimum, fuck around and just coast until your enlistment is up, you're wasting your time. The US military is still one of the last meritocracies in existence; it isn't perfect, but it is better than a lot of other institutions.

I did six years in the US Navy as a Fire Controlman. I worked on complex weapon systems, Rolling Airframe Missile mostly. But I worked my ass off, and I had a good attitude -- I never complained, I never acted up, never got stupid drunk and got arrested, etc. Really, just do your job and don't be a fucking moron.

After the Navy I went to community college, then got my BA, then got my MS. School was incredibly easy because I was surrounded by idiotic, whiny millennials who cannot handle hard work and who complain about every last fucking thing. I made nice with all of my professors, showed interest in the subject matter, got great recommendation letters, continued to work my ass off, etc. Success breeds success.

Now I work in the video game business doing awesome shit on the business side. I talk about video games all day long, sometimes I can't even believe it is an actual fucking job. But it is, and I make really good money in a job that will never be outsourced, in an industry that is fun as hell.

Why? Because I fucking worked.

So yeah man, go enlist, get into a technical trade, and work your ass off. You will be amazed at how fast you breeze past the truly lazy fuck-ups that are surrounding you, both in the military and in the civilian world.
>>
>>75877686
Psychotherapist here:
Dropping a mood stabilizer should always be done after consulting a psychiatrist. If you have no symptoms for 6 months then you're good.
>>
>>75875311
I used to be you anon.

Ten years ago I was a fat, miserable waste of space.

Millitary service resulted in law school, practice, my own business and now an additional sideline in consulting.

It's never too late. You'd be surprised how quickly it falls into place.
>>
>>75892688
What's the farthest you've ever shot a target/enemy from, and which weapon did you shoot it with?
>>
>>75877580
Yeah, let's not have any military at all.

#imagineallthepeoplememe

I remember when I was an edgy 15 year old.
>>
>>75899281
NJP and my average Pros and Cons are 3.8 3.7
>>75898011
Stick? No idea what you're talking about anon I'm a POG
>>75900780
500 yards on my annual rifle qualification, I've never shot anyone the only deployment I've been on is a MEU
>>
>>75882170
>for stupid people

You probably couldn't even pass the ASVAB.
>>
>>75878351

Pressure creates diamonds!
>>
>>75893662

Dude, I live next to Ft. Riley and enjoy my windows shaking for hours every few days
>>
>>75876635
Dude, seriously join the navy or the airforce. If you're that smart you can do anything you want and it's absolutely mind boggling how much shit there is to do in the navy and airforce that's fucking awesome that your never would've even thought about. And if it sucks it only sucks for 4-6 years and you use that training to get a badass civie job. Just whatever you do DO NOT mention depression as a reason why you want to join. Don't ever even say the word depression. Just day you're bored or something.
>>
>>75882119
Don't listen to him, do whatever helps you feel better prepared. Just Google practice ASVAB tests and do those.
>>
>>75882170
> acting like researching a job before you try it is being an edgy Fuck the military guy

Don't listen to fucking idiots people. People only hate their time in the military because they were too fucking dumb to research what they were signing up for before they did it. Just do you homework lads and you'll be fine.
>>
>>75879224
What branch?
>>
>>75876637
>paying for college

lel ok son
>>
>>75880032
This guy knows.Pinched nerves all up and down my spin, all documented they wont do shit.Hell they wont even pay the full amount of my Housing allowance from my GI bill on time.
>>
I commissioned about 3 weeks ago into the Navy. Thankfully got aviation, so I head to Pcola in November. In the mean time, I've been stashed at the NROTC unit I commissioned at and am living the dream.
>modified working hours for summer, 9-2 mon-fri
>get to enjoy another football season in the great SEC
Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.