[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of the Iraq War, /pol/? For a while I took
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: iraq.jpg (159 KB, 858x536) Image search: [Google]
iraq.jpg
159 KB, 858x536
What do you think of the Iraq War, /pol/? For a while I took the generic lolbertarian stance of "it's bad :DDD" but now I'm not so sure what to think anymore.
>>
>>75857554
Pretty pointless
>>
>>75857554

It asserted America's control of their most important oil trade route.

Considering that oil is the basis of all western civilization, with the American one being the most dependent of it, I'd say it was pretty worth it.
>>
>>75857014
Looking back at it, it was a poor decision. But after 9/11 I couldn't imagine not going into Iraq
>>
>>75857554
Iraq was better off under Saddam. Sure he was a brutal dictator, but that is what it took to maintain peace.

Iraq now is not even particularly friendly with the US.

Overall it is a really sad outcome that so many Americans died for a war that was completely unnecessary. I'm not too sympathetic to the Iraqi's because they were just looking for a chance to light that powder keg.
>>
>>75858258
Opps
>>75857554
>>
>>75858156
Considering that Iraq is now in the hands of ISIS so there's absolutely nothing to show for going to war and the country is in a much much worse place now than when we went in I'd have to strongly disagree with you.

Saddam was for lack of a better word an ally to the US. He wasn't a 'good guy' but he kept worse guys from propping up.

Iraq war was completely retarded to start.

>No Iraq war
>No ISIS
>No rapefugees 'fleeing' ISIS
>>
>>75858555

This.
>>
>>75858555
>>75858555
The whole point was to destabilize the entire country and cause havoc all around Israel who can do whatever they want right now.
>>
>>75857554
The decades of war have been very confusing to say the least, I think a stable middle east would be preferable to all the shit that goes on there now.

But I don't know if the Iraq war was the root cause anymore, maybe shit will always be fucked over there and America is just one out of many trying to get involved
>>
>>75858555

>implying ISIS isn't selling oil to the USA
>implying Turkey isn't just a middleman in this business model

Although I agree with you. I'm guessing that they wanted to create a local puppet power to give the USA benefits but ended up losing control and creating ISIS.

But I really don't think that the USA fucked it up for itself, and it's most probably benefiting in some way from the current situation, even if it's just arms trade with it's puppet rebels.
>>
>>75857554
>For a while I took the generic lolbertarian stance of "it's bad :DDD" but now I'm not so sure what to think anymore.
sounds like you are a contrarian memer dipshit tbqh
>>
>>75858687
>Israel can so whatever they want
But they dindu nuffin.
>>
>The incompetent leading the unwilling to do the unnecessary.
>>
Well we fucked everything up over there so are we obligated to stay or does every passing day make things worse?
>>
>>75859058
Damned if we did or didn't.
>>
>>75857554
Taking out Saddam wasn't bad, but staying for as long as we did and building Democracy, just so Obama could pull out and let it all go to shit was a waste. We should no longer be involved with long term affairs such as that if Democrats and liberals are going to get wet feet and pull out.

Same shit happened in Vietnam.
>>
>>75858687
"whatever they want"

Can you elaborate on what you mean by that? (serious)

The way I see it is Israel can't do anything because they are outnumbered, and constantly on the defensive. The most they can do is fight proxy wars by backing X group fighting in X country but the proxy wars are hard to know whats going on with. Factions rise and fall, leadership changes, etc.
If there is one thing most people in the MidEast region can agree on it is a contempt for the state of Israel who is seen a hostile occupier and if there is one thing every occupier learns about the middle east it's that you can not remain an occupier. These people have been fighting invaders since the beginning of time, that's all they do, and they are the best at it.
Israel will never be at peace in that region let alone expand.
>>
>>75859319
It's the Jooos meme

Personally I don't love Israel and I despise how our politicians bend over backwards for them, I see them as a regular ally, who doesn't deserve special treatment. But I must say, fuck the Palestinians, they are truly roaches and I don't give a shit if Israel builds their settlements on them.
>>
>>75858844
You are assuming the US is a lot more competent than it really is.

I love my country but we are not good at coming out on top in regards to our foreign interventions.

The US is not benefiting in anyway from the current state of affairs in the mideast region. There is a greater threat and more contempt for the US than there was in 2001 and that's now spread over to Europe.

Conspiracy theorists will do all sorts of gymnastics to connect dots and say how everything is part of some large plan to do X but the reality and much simpler explanation is that the US ops in that region have done nothing but make things worse.
>>
File: starship_troopers_1997_685x385.jpg (113 KB, 685x385) Image search: [Google]
starship_troopers_1997_685x385.jpg
113 KB, 685x385
It was done poorly, and was only a follow up on the Gulf when Senior screwed everything by pulling back when at Sads fucking door. It was a war we never should of entered
>>
Go to 4:00 Trump sells his soul to the Jews.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxslhsO9iPY
>>
>>75857554
At first I thought it was a good idea, "take down the evil Saddam", but I did not know it would destabilize the whole region.
Our government should have known that.
>>
>>75859508
I think Israel can fend for themselves. I am tired of the US fighting for them, I'm tired of the US fighting and intervening in every single thing around the world and I really just wish we'd focus on ourselves.
>>
It was necessary and I'm glad we killed saddam and a shit load of hajjis. The brothers in the USMC we lost there remain in my heart and in my prayers.
>>
>>75860073
I think we need to go in again and finish it. Peace sucks a hairy asshole man, war is the mother fucking answer.
>>
>>75860051

Our government did, that's why they went along with it.
>>
>>75857554

A really big fuckup.

On par with Vietnam.

Saddam was killed for the rage fit of some billionaire when he was the only one who could rule those unruly people.

At least in Afghanistan there's a drug business to maintain. There was nothing on Iraq
>>
>>75860051
>Our government should have known that
Them knowing that is why they did it.
>https://youtu.be/wHmhf_wrcrM
Now go to iran goys, it's gonna be great!
>>
The worst thing ever happened to this century
>>
Bad :DDD
>>
File: 1460011938647.jpg (191 KB, 1024x611) Image search: [Google]
1460011938647.jpg
191 KB, 1024x611
>>75857554
>What do you think of the Iraq War, /pol/?

It was a good start.
>Now finish the job US.
>>
>>75857554
Trump has been right about all of it:
> we destabilized the region by removing the dictators who kept the most radical elements of their populations in check
> we should have just taken their oil and gtfo.

Sure it would have made us public enemy #1 in the world's eyes, but the world already considers us to be big evil bullies, we might as well play the part. Who gives a fuck what a bunch of jealous limp wristed Europeans, some micro-anatomy Asians, and some perma-squat slavs think about us? They're all going to hate us regardless.
>>
>>75858304
Saddam was much like Tito in Yugoslavia, pretty brutal dictator but kept the peace. And once he died everything fell to shit
>>
>>75862087

Its hard to hold the moral high ground when you are supporting dictators around the world. Turning a blind eye to it makes the US worse than the oppressive regimes
>>
>>75860073
They can fend for themselves. Israel is one of the most military capable nations in the world. The debate is over whether or not them asserting muscle over a bunch of sand niggers with rocket launchers is a disproportionate abuse of their power. Personally, I wish Israel would wipe the Palestinians off the face of the earth. The situation is akin to some little faggot in gradeschool poking you relentlessly with a stick. If you turn around and hit him back you could probably knock him out, but the teacher (the UN) is sitting there watching you to make sure you just sit there and take it.
>>
>>75862163

It fell to shit when the US walked away with a job half done. But say the US really needed to keep a fighting force in Iraq for another 20-30 years and people lose their minds. Nation building isnt fast. If you put boots on the ground you really should expect to ever leave fully
>>
>>75857554
My father was there in 2006 in a rank of Captain. I was 14 then, I didnt understand much of it. Hussein died at the time I believe. He was stationed in Al-Kut.
>>
>>75857554

At first it was to secure the flow of oil to world markets. It was done by idiots who though they could make it fast and smooth like everything in the world is.

They botched everything and blew a decade of time but in the end the market is flooded through this effort and many others including new drilling technology.

Im torn about if it even helped anything.
>>
>>75859319
An example of this is Syria.

>US destabilises Syrian state by supporting terrorist groups
>Israel can now call airstrikes on Hezbollah commanders in Syria with impunity
>Israel has annexed the Golan Heights from Syria and will likely invade more territory for their "settlers" if the Syrian state is weakened further
>>
pretty much any time the us deploys in some middle eastern country they just mean to take something from them. you just need an excuse (i.e.: saddam, talibans/al qaeda)
>>
>>75862458

Potential JIDF here lads..

>I wish Israel would wipe the Palestinians off the face of the earth

Why would you wish that?

Where does your history on the subject start?

How anyone can be unsympathetic to the Palestinians given there recent history is beyond me.

Indigenous civilians fled or were expelled due war and were never allow back. The ones that remain now either live in a cramped open air prison or a military checkpoint riddled occupation.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.