[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Elon Musk believes we are probably characters in some advanced
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56
>mfw it's likely we live in a simulation
>mfw it means religion was 100% right

>there IS a creator
>we come from intelligent design
>we were made in his image (notice how most ayy lmaos in movies are pretty much humanoids? it's likely that if aliens created us, they made us look similar to them)
>God (i.e. the guy who created the simulation) is watching

Gets even freakier if you imagine that the past might not even have existed. Nobody currently alive has seen the 1700s. The past/history could have been "hardcoded" into the simulation, maybe the simulation has only been running for a few centuries.

Archived link since it's Vox: https://archive.is/A3uD7
>>
File: reboot1.jpg (41 KB, 650x520) Image search: [Google]
reboot1.jpg
41 KB, 650x520
does that make ben garrison bob?
>>
>>75856158
i remeber joe rogan talked some shit about there being code or some shit in nature
idk exactly what that means
>>
File: 1464233168816.gif (113 KB, 351x398) Image search: [Google]
1464233168816.gif
113 KB, 351x398
>>75856158
>He literally believes the plot of Star Ocean 3 is real
>>
Again, you have no context to something outside this reality, right? So it is reality. In order for an illusion to exist you need context of it not existing. There is no context to this. Calling it a simulation means absolutely nothing from the perspective you are saying, it means scientifically it is possible, which really is saying nothing.

You use concepts of a program to prove it's non existence?
>>
>>75856158

I've been telling this for ages, look at the force of atomic nuclei for a true redpill.
>>
Tell me more.
>>
I wonder what they are experimenting
>>
I refuse to believe there is one person who fucking watched the creating of this world or even universe for the past 14 billion years or whatever
>>
>>75856158
The worst part is that this information literally won't change a thing.
We could also be living in lukewarm bathtub water that someone jizzed into.
I mean the universe looks suspiciously like jiz in water.
So what gives?
This isnt changing anything.
>>
>>75856158
Guys an idiot overrated hack. Dunno why people take him seriously
>>
We Star Ocean now
>>
File: 1464141673873.jpg (64 KB, 292x302) Image search: [Google]
1464141673873.jpg
64 KB, 292x302
>>75856158
Purpose of the simulation: Prove that everything goes to hell when leftists are in power and women are allowed to vote.
>>
File: hqdefault(1).jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault(1).jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>75856158

>dont believe in god
>believe in elon musk
>>
>>75856158
>>
>>75856158
DUDE
>>
File: qtpie.jpg (72 KB, 513x471) Image search: [Google]
qtpie.jpg
72 KB, 513x471
>>75856158
I wish my player made me into animu qt
>>
>Tell me what's wrong with that argument. Is there a flaw in that argument?

There's one problem, Elon. You're a businessman not a philosopher. That was beyond retarded.

Why would anyone make a program where a bunch of people are masturbating every night?
>>
One of my CS professors was going on about this one day. Is he red pilled or just a foiler?
>>
>>75856649
There is no purpose, it might all be for shits and giggles
>>
>>75856301
The Fibonacci sequence is the closest thing in maths to a creation code and it is a lot of places
>>
>>75856533

oh my God Germany I'm actually lmao-ing
>>
File: qrx6Brr.jpg (60 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
qrx6Brr.jpg
60 KB, 450x300
>>75856158
>Technophiles worship this man
>>
>>75856158
that means we look just like the species which is pretty much impossible
>>
>>75856301

Some black physicist said he found computer code in sting theory. I don't know enough about physics to know what he is talking about, so not sure if it's legit or kangz/#staywoke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvMlUepVgbA
>>
>>75856158
Elon Musk just places the Far Harbor DLC, full fucking Acadia mode
>>
>>75856158

That's pretty fucked if you think about it, some alien has been watching do embarrassing shit and wanking.

I would say we are a tv show more than a game, south park did it first
>>
>>75856446
time can be distorted
>>
>>75856158
maybe like, all my memories of my entire life have been hardcoded into me and i'm actually only 1 minute old dude
*bong rip*
>>
>>75856158
Y'all niggers need to watch more Rick and Morty.
>>
>>75857029
>le black science man (LeGrasse, not stringtheorist)
>>
>>75856158
so does this mean there is an afterlife?

and if the concept of hell exists then the intelligent designer obviously might use it
>>
>>75856158
>implying it isn't God

I love how they fabricate "scientific" explanations for truths that have been known for thousands of years
>>
Yeah probably
>>
>>75856788
Gods have fetishes too
>>
I guess he's just trying to find a way to make marrying and divorcing the same woman twice not his fault.
>>
>>75856158
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3057957/Are-living-HOLOGRAM-time-scientists-prove-strange-theory-true-realistic-models-universe.html
>>
>>75857106
>implying this "simulation" is the equivalent of pedophilia
Soon our simulation will be confiscated and deleted for the common good.
>>
File: 1464066298019.png (226 KB, 468x345) Image search: [Google]
1464066298019.png
226 KB, 468x345
yfw you're in a simulation and the program's only killswitch is once the being's gain sentience of its simulation

>WAKE ME UP
>>
>>75856338
>star ocean 3 is the first thing this faggot came up with when comparing this concept to something else
Fucking weebs
>>
GOD YOU FUCKED UP IN THE CHARACTER CREATION SCREEN YOU FUCK. ARE YOU SO BUSY YOU JUST HIT 'RANDOM' A COUPLE OF TIMES WHEN CREATING ME?
>>
>>75856158
None of those things follow from your first assertion, which is simply that-- Ann assertion with no evidence.
>>
>>75856242
>Reboot

Fuck, why can't it be the 90's again, when nerdy shit was truly nerdy and the internet was still a glorified hobby, exclusive to high-IQ weirdos while the other 95% of the country could barely figure out what email was.

Things were so much more "real" then

I'm going to go watch some MST3K now and cry about how we can't have nice things anymore.
>>
>>75856415
Exactly. I've used the same argument for brain in a vat scenarios.
>>
>>75856158
>young man believes in new religion

Wow, OP, we matrix now!
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 236x385) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 236x385
>>75857164
Shut up Brenden
>>
>>75856158
its interesting how much i share the same thoughts and interests with elon and the people here on /pol/.
desu sometimes it scares me
>>
>>75857424
Also, I'm going to dig up my old PowerPC Mac and play some escape velocity
>>
Elon musk is a retard. All his predictions are just wrong and belong in a comic book. Steve jobs was better at this stuff.
>>
File: 1464529455948.jpg (184 KB, 920x900) Image search: [Google]
1464529455948.jpg
184 KB, 920x900
>dude we live inside the matrix its all just a simulation man
>>
>>75857029
black science man is really obnoxious
>>
>>75857424
>thinks the internet was hard to use
>thinks reboot and MST3K is nerdy
You are fucking stupid, you believe you aren't because you had nothing else to do but tinker with your shit as you had no friends. I'm pretty good with electronics, but it comes from experience, not any kind of elevated intelligence
Early internet was not hard to use at all, it was just that for most, the information on how everything worked was harder to come by. You by a book on something and it was suddenly easy as fuck
>>
>>75856301
Don't know who the fuck Joe Rogan is or why you're getting your daily science facts from him, but the code he's talking about is the fractal of nature.

Notice how the veins in your hand are similar to the veins of a tree leaf? How atoms orbit similar to planets?
This train of thought goes on forever and you can spend hours following it, but the point is this: everything we know of in the universe follows similar patterns that repeat by scale. Zoom out far enough and you'll see the same shit you just saw at atomic levels.
>>
>>75857523
It's not really an uncommon thought
But we have literally zero evidence to support it or even make it plausible
>>
If this is true I find it amusing that we have a video game about life.
>>
>>75856158
> we live in a simulation
> that means that god created woman from a mans rib 100% truth

Man, I swear that all religious fags are retarded.
>>
File: 1388274177401.jpg (350 KB, 1164x1164) Image search: [Google]
1388274177401.jpg
350 KB, 1164x1164
Sucks we don't live in the Neptunia simulation.
>>
>>75856158
so did the creator only tell people about what is really going on in the universe 2000 years ago just to fuck with us?
>>
>>75857029
WE WUZ PROGRAMMERZ
>>
>>75857523
Same...

>>75857611
Jerbs was a hack, good for nothing.
>>
>mfw dishonest title

"there is a probablility that we live in a created peudoverse"
is not the same as
"we probably live in one"
>>
>the video game becomes self aware that it's a video game

Woah
>>
>>75857483
Just because you fucked my mom doesn't mean you can tell me what to do, coach.
>>
File: karma_twitter-800x430.jpg (80 KB, 800x430) Image search: [Google]
karma_twitter-800x430.jpg
80 KB, 800x430
>>75856832
>>
>>75857895
>All video games have been self-aware.
>You've slaughtered entire civilizations turning off the game.

This shit used to keep me up at night.
>>
So killing self is the way to come back to reality
>>
I've always tried to convince my friends that we may actually live in a simulation.

If you assume computers will constantly get faster (Moore's law), than eventually we can do Universe simulation. Now, one of these three things can happen:
> 1) We will eventually do a simulation
> 2) We can do a simulation, but we won't because of ethics (think cloning). Which means it will be done, but in secret.
> 3) We get destroyed by a comet before we can create a simulation.

If in fact, we reach the state of being able to simulate, we will keep creating new ones until one simulation/algorithm is perfect, and in which it's simulated civilisation will also be able to simulate. Keep in mind that 100 millions years in our universe, may be 10 seconds in a simulation.

Now, since that will be the only logical path, the change that we are at the top of the chain, is extremely unlikely.

It explains everything:
> If we do not encounter aliens before creating the simulation, we cannot simulate alien life because we do not know what it looks like, and therefore nobody in the simulation can find alien life, etc.
> We're created equal to God.
> Multiverse theory
> Black matter is just a parameter to fill in the blanks (and/or maybe an experimental one to prevent universe implosion)
> Deja vu's are just a bug.
> Quantum mechanics, which says an object only has a position when it's being observed. Why waste database space on a location object when it's not observed?
> The universe is endless, just think of your graphic calculator (X, Y, Z). The axes are endless, until you reach the end, then they'll expand.
> Every law of nature can be turned into a mathematical equation.

MFW Google and Facebook do everything they can to study human patterns, are full out investing in AI and Facebook buying Oculus Rift. Hello Matrix.
>>
when will they patch it? if this is some video game then this """"""""advanced"""""""" civilization made the shittiest game possible.
>>
>>75856158
So we're all just in some ayy lmao's game of Incest Simulator II?
>>
Once your little boiclitty gets balls deep in esoteric pussy you realize it's the only answer.
>>
>>75856436
They're probably the last surviving intelligent civilization in the universe with a fleet of 10,000 spaceships inhabiting the space around what may be the last dying star in an otherwise empty, dark and cold universe.

They have probably achieved immortality and with their great arrogance cannot bear the indignity and affront to their great ego's of their current predicament of inhabiting a dead and ugly universe.

They are probably siphoning energy from this last star to power their advanced VR computers in a desperate bid to once again inhabit and enjoy a world as rich in natural beauty as our's so as to seek refuge from the terrible realization that their great lives of millions of years is about to come to an end.
>>
>mfw when this is true the majority of the video game characters (aka humans) are female

kek feminism BTFO
>>
>>75857724
Humans like to see pattern, just because you think something looks like something else doesn't mean there is some innate connection between the two
Although it is true that things look alike if they adhere to the same principles, i.e. veins look like branches of a tree because both try to maximise occupied volume or something like that
>>
>>75857106
>someone is watching and laughing at you when you say "I want to get off this ride".
>they're the one who made the ride in the first place.
>>
File: impossible autism.jpg (51 KB, 514x536) Image search: [Google]
impossible autism.jpg
51 KB, 514x536
>>75856158
>yfw the creator playing the game is an edgy autistic teenager and he really if going to send people to hell to be tortured forever for his amusment
>>
It's not falsifiable. Take that as you will.
>>
>>75857279
underrated post
>>
So it's a cross between the sims and real life. I wish I could have been someone cooler.

But this does tie into the bible. There is a passage when mosses went to free the slaves and got was punishing Egypt and God said to mosses. I'm going to harden his heart so he won't release them yet.
Some take it to mean there is no free will, it's all predestination from birth.
>>
>berenstein/berenstain is real
>the creators just changed the hard-coded history buy not our memories
>>
>>75858131
Id believe you if the world wasn't shit.
>>
>>75858228
explain this for idiots
>>
If this really is a videogame, can someone please tell me the inifinite-money cheat?
>>
>>75857724

This is why i don't think we'll be able to survive outside of our galaxy, if we ever found our way out the other galaxy might contain different laws that our pattern recognition system can't even operate in. You won't sense anything that is there, your body clock will break as you lose sense of time, your mind will eventually break because the brain that processes everything in the background thinks you are dead in some new dimension with different laws.
>>
>>75856158
>there IS a creator
>we come from intelligent design
>we were made in his image (notice how most ayy lmaos in movies are pretty much humanoids? it's likely that if aliens created us, they made us look similar to them)
>God (i.e. the guy who created the simulation) is watching
Never go full retard.
>>
>ctrl+21
>gold
>check back account

wait, nothing happend, fuck you game.
>>
>>75858356

Yeah just type rosebud !;!;!;!;!; into the console and hold enter.
>>
>>75858341
can you proof that we're not living in a video game?
if not, the claim that we aren't is just as valid as the claim that we are
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 522x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 522x400
>>75857724
>Don't know who the fuck Joe Rogan is or why you're getting your daily science facts from him
>doesn't know the guy who really makes you think

BUCKLE UP BITCHES!

THIS IS YOUR DAILY REMINDER TO PLUG IN YOUR BLENDERS, HEAT UP YOUR FLOTATION TANKS TO SKIN TEMP (35.5*C)

THE WEED HAS BEEN LIT AND IT'S TIME TO SLAM YOUR KALE SHAKES, TAKE A TOKE & MARK OFF YOUR CHECKLIST

TO POP YOUR:

- ALPHA BRAIN
- SHROOMTECH
- KRILL & MCT OIL
- PRIMATE CARE PILLS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KgCml_30Cs <---- HIT PLAY NIGGA

>YOUR FEAR FACTOR THEME SONG ALARM BLASTS THROUGH YOUR HOUSE
>YOU INSTINCTIVELY JUMP INTO YOUR HOMEMADE OCTAGON, FITTED WITH BATTLE-ROPES AND A "WRECKING BALL" STYLE CHIMP KETTLEBELL ACTION COURSE

>AFTER YOUR INTENSE WORKOUT YOU CALL OVER BRIAN REDBAN USING TING BEFORE GETTING INTO YOUR ISOLATION SENSORY DEPRIVATION FLOTATION TANK AND PACKING YOUR MOUTH TO THE BRIM WITH POT BROWNIES
FOLLOWED SHORTLY AFTERWARDS BY COCONUT WATER ENEMAS JUST AS THE DMT KICKS IN AS YOU LISTEN TO DUNCAN TRUSSEL AND GRAHAM HANCOCK HYPOTHESIZE THAT THE PYRAMIDS = ALIENS AND THE ARK OF THE COVENANT IS HIDDEN IN UGANDA

DUDE BOOOOM LMAO

DUDE KETTLEBELLS LITERALLY ENCRUSTED WITH WEED AND DUNKED IN MCT OIL AND THROWN OFF BUILDINGS FEAR FACTOR STYLE
>"BRENDAN SCHAUB JUST END IT ALL, I THINK YOU ARE A WORTHLESS FIGHTER AND I HATE YOU, BUT COME BACK ON THE PODCAST SO I CAN BLOW YOU THE FUCK OUT OF THE WATER AGAIN AND REDUCE YOU TO TEARS"
>"BRENDAN "FRASER" "FUCK MY SHIT UP" SCHAUB, JUST TAKE THE EASY WAY OUT. YOUR CAREER IS OVER. IT'S TIME FOR THE SMITH AND WESSON RETIREMENT PLAN"

- Joe Rogan, 2015

>YOU ARE NOW PICTURING JOE ROGAN NAKED IN A FLOTATION TANK WITH A MOUTH FULL OF POT BROWNIES TRIPPING

- Brought to you by SquareSpace©

cue the hempforce mustard
>>
File: keepmeposted.jpg (41 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
keepmeposted.jpg
41 KB, 360x360
>>75856158
>mfw ayy lmao creators are shitposting on 4chan trough me

yea i would like some more proof than "muh statistics" because that what this fad is based on

"all civilizations will eventually create a computer and start a simulation of a civilization, therefore the chances of you actually being a realworld-level life is 0"

it has no basis in anything.
if they start detecting "the blur" at sub-planck scales, you can call me back
until then, this is scientology tier
>>
>>75858420
ty
>>
>>75858008
>If you assume computers will constantly get faster (Moore's law), than eventually we can do Universe simulation.
There are physical limits to what's possible, Moore's law will inevitably come to an end
>Now, since that will be the only logical path, the change that we are at the top of the chain, is extremely unlikely.
each simulation will have reduced computing power
> Quantum mechanics, which says an object only has a position when it's being observed. Why waste database space on a location object when it's not observed?
it's possibly harder to keep track of a wave function than it is to make everything deterministic
> Deja vu's are just a bug.
stop smoking weed
>>
>>75858356

Try 'Usury'. Some classes are really good at it I heard.
>>
So our god could be a 30y/o virgin playing videogames in his parents basement?
>>
>>75858305
Exodus 9-12
>>
>>75858468
>tfw not picked the "jew" class
>>
>>75856954
For a good reason, he's also doing pretty good job by trolling the non-renewable energy industry and conventional car industry.
>>
We can prove if we are in a simulation or not.

If we can make a simulation, we're in a simulation. If we can't, we aren't.
>>
>>75858425

Love this pasta - i read it through every time
>>
>>75856158
"The first gulp from the glass of natural sciences will turn you into an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you" -- Werner Heisenberg
>>
>>75856158
why would a simulation need to have a conscious?
>>
File: Matrix-Morpheus.jpg (27 KB, 500x303) Image search: [Google]
Matrix-Morpheus.jpg
27 KB, 500x303
yfw this is all a simulation, right now everything you have ever done or will do could simply be the product of a highly-advanced computer code.

Every relationship, every sentiment, every memory could have been generated by banks of supercomputers. Right now we are the product of a computer code and our real bodies are hooked up to wires and life support systems.
>>
>>75858621
but that would mean that the entity that created 'our' simulation is in one itself

who was the first creator of a simulation and how did they do it if they are not in one?
>>
>>75858463

> There are physical limits to what's possible, Moore's law will inevitably come to an end
Just wait until mankind can create quantum computers the size of a deathstar

each simulation will have reduced computing power
> Obsolete by what I just said

> it's possibly harder to keep track of a wave function than it is to make everything deterministic
I don't know. You may have a point.

stop smoking weed
> I don't smoke weed.
>>
>>75858131
It's probably just ran on an old, sweaty guy's desktop while he's out getting McDonald's, his technology so far superior that a second for him is many years for us.
>>
>>75857873
>"there is a probablility that we live in a created peudoverse"
>is not the same as
>"we probably live in one"
No the nature of the theory means that if one even concedes the possibility, then odds are basically 100% you are living in a simulated Universe. See: Omega Point
>>
>>75856158
So the best way to strike back at our overlords is by not playing the game and being antisocial neets, right?
>>
>>75858688
It doesn't matter anyway
You entire life is just a second in the scope of the universe
At some point it will all be wiped and so will all other life
It never mattered
>>
File: happening_1.jpg (17 KB, 326x315) Image search: [Google]
happening_1.jpg
17 KB, 326x315
>>75856158
ITS HAPPENING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1LCVknKUJ4
>>
>>75858688
this is why praying works people

pray for that qt3.14 wife

and the sys admins will make it happen

based programmers, hear my prayer

amen
>>
File: 1447356003608.gif (1011 KB, 495x359) Image search: [Google]
1447356003608.gif
1011 KB, 495x359
elon musk are u trying to say that we wuznt kangs?>??????????
>>
>>75856158
i personally like to think we are a car battery.
>>
>>75858696
but that's not how quantumcomputing works

quantumcomputing is the litteral version of Schrödingers cat, everything is already calculated by a quantumcomputer, untill we read the output
>>
File: tiers.png (339 KB, 2000x2368) Image search: [Google]
tiers.png
339 KB, 2000x2368
>>75856158
That's some Level 6 tier shit.
>>
>>75857424
I was a teenager in the 90s and I had the internet (56 kbbs modem, nigga)

I also remember dialing up and going online, but for the life of me I can't really remember what I did on the internet.

I looked at low-res pics of Jenny McCarthy and went on some chat boards. That's about it. What the fuck did people do on the internet in the 90s?
>>
File: adam3.png (884 KB, 938x693) Image search: [Google]
adam3.png
884 KB, 938x693
>>75857424
>>
>>75856158
Maybe it's only been running for a few seconds?????
>>
Only one person left in the world who was alive in the 1800s, prepare to consign that century as possible simulation material
>>
>>75858692
>mfw the thing that simulates this universe is a silicate life form that grew on some planet
>>
>>75858444
>i would like some more proof than "muh statistics"
>Give me something other that statistics, the baseline of which everything is measured on
>I refute one of the smartest and industrious men alive on a Burmese car sales forum
>call me when something I've heard about happens. i.e. moving the goalposts

waste of trips, waste of fucking space.
>>
>>75858692
If we can make a simulation then that means that they can make a simulation which means there is only a infinitesimally small chance that we aren't in a simulation.

If we can't make a simulation, that means they aren't possible and we aren't in one
>>
>>75858744
well I concede the possibility that you are gay, therefor the odds are basically 100% that you are one.
>>
Why are atheists so stupid? Like how can they justify believing in little green men yet openly ridicule and mock theists? There are literally equal amounts of evidence for a deity as there are for alien life.
>>
>>75858824
Porn and tech blogs
>>
>>75856158
Elon Musk is also an idiot.
So, I don't put a lot of weight into what he says.
>>
>>75857214
Yes, theres afterlife for your dead WoW characters bro, keep dreaming.
>>
File: 1436856313533.png (85 KB, 361x333) Image search: [Google]
1436856313533.png
85 KB, 361x333
>>75858946
>Elon Musk is also an idiot
wew lad now this is shitposting, have a well deserved (You)
>>
File: 1459854888919.jpg (346 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1459854888919.jpg
346 KB, 960x960
>I'm a character in a game

Hey, dickhead who made me.

Next time, put more points in CHA so I can get laid.

Cunt.
>>
>>75856158
It's certainly explain the Jews, niggers, Muslims, south Americans and Indians. Every good game needs easily dehumanized enemies.
>>
>>75858894
but what if this simulation was made by a drunken student who forgot to fine-tune the variables making it possible for us to create a simulation ourself? then we are still in a simulation with no possibility to create one
>>
I've thought about this for a while.

But then I realized that the guy who played me must have just put it on auto-pilot and forgotten about the game because he couldn't be assed putting any effort into me.
>>
>>75856788

I watched that video of the dog jacking off once.

Maybe they find it funny
>>
>>75858008
>If you assume computers will constantly get faster (Moore's law),
Stopped right there friendo, Moore's law is limited by the size of components. Once you're working on an atomic scale. There's the small chance of particles phasing through shit and otherwise doing weird quantum shit which makes any calculations or code derived from it completely useless. Quantum computers are about as good as we'll ever get and they're basically already functional. Universe sim won't happen.
>>
>>75856424
>I've been telling this for ages, look at the force of atomic nuclei for a true redpill.

Explain, burrito
>>
>>75858906
Can you mathematically prove that God exists? You can't.

If you took a statistics and probability course, you would believe in little green men as well.
>>
>>75858696
You don't know what quantum computing is, do you? Quantum computing can make certain calculations faster, but we can't use it to store more information.

Say we want to simulate our universe, how much matter do we need to store all the information necessary? Obviously the entire universe. One atom can store exactly the amount of information required to simulate an atom.
Now using the universe to simulate a universe isn't exactly practical, so we need to make some approximations. As a consequence our simulation will have less computing capability than the our universe. Each successive simulation will have a reduction in capability until it is impossible to make another simulation.
>>
>>75858949
what if this simulation goes forever on a loop?
>>
>>75856158
>Must be coding man.
>Weapons, property and heirlooms passed down for centuries.
>Archaeological sites discovering 60 million year old bones
Nah man, it just happened. It's got like a bar code maaaan
Fucking retards
>>
>>75856158
Here's the truth.

I know it's hard to believe. I know it's hard to understand.

It's called everything is real and we know nothing of the universe. None of its a simulation and yes the universe is just is that unique. Deal with it.
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 310x255) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 310x255
When you lag IRL
http://youtu.be/MyW9e5QdWxk
>>
Death is literally the one proof he's full of shit.

Think about it.

If we were to program a civilization, why would we hardcode 'death' as a mechanic into it? Nobody wants to lose their character permanently.

Get fucked you retard, Musk
>>
fun reading
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Last_Thursdayism
>>
>>75858891
statistics works when you have actual data
this is just assumptions

statistically, since the universe in infinitely big, there must be a version out there of you that is not a faggot.
>>
>>75859064
but we don't need to store all information at the same time, just like video games don't store all information, it just becomes available when you interact with it
>>
>>75859163
>yfw God puts us in a save state anf forgets about us
>>
>>75859060
You can't falsify the existence of a God thus it does not fall within the scientific realm.

>If you took a statistics and probability course, you would believe in little green men as well.
Ugh, no. We have a single sample. You are just wildly and reckless extrapolating to a ridiculous degree to assume that life exists elsewhere.
>>
>>75859163
>not playing on hardcore survival mode
Git gud scrub
>>
>>75856158
>Niggers get hyped over No Release Sky
>Create faggot fiction theory based off a video game
WE WUZ CODES N SHIIIEEET
>>
>>75859163
>mfw "death" is the garbage-collector script in this simulation and it works flawlessly
>>
>>75859163
>nobody wants to lose their character permanently
There are games like that famalam.

Life is just a hardcore game
>>
>>75856301
It means DUDE DMT LMAO
>>
>All these weebs booty bothered that a great man who has pushed and is pushing the boundaries of industry and human potential both physical and digital for years is exploring the notion we aren't real and what that means,
wew lads, this cunt co-created PayPal and is just chatting shit. Get banged plebs.
>>
>>75859163
We're NPCs.
>>
>>75859274
With over 6 billion players?

Kek urself before you rek yourself m8
>>
>>75859177
Then there's a version of you that's right and you aren't a faggot as well.
>>
>>75859245
There is no evidence for God so you're a fucking idiot for believing in it
>>
Elon Musk is an incoherent retard.

We are probably in a simulation, but consciousness is just a result of the parameters of the sim.

Likely the "creator" of the simulation is unaware / disinterested in the fact that life bloomed in the sim

Simulation is the wrong word. Our universe could be a single thought, a single idea, inside of an entity we cannot fathom, in a universe where our physical laws do not exist

Consider this: The closer we examine the smallest particles we can find, the more hazy and incoherent their behavior appears. Like a computer monitor, we have gone down to the level of resolution where things are not rendered in detail
>>
>>75859178
Everything interacts with everything constantly
>>
>>75856158
So are jews just npc's that have way too op stats?
>>
>>75859314
Nah man I'm the only player and you are all NPCs
>>
>>75859292
The man hasn't created anything groundbreaking yet. He's full of promises.

Literally the new steve jobs
>>
>>75857972
The better question is- if we do live in a video game, how do we break it?
>>
>>75859163
What if life is just the tutorial mate and death means you go the next level? What if it means you are so pleb you have to start over again ala Buddhist Nirvana? Git Gud.
>>
>>75856158
I would not mind if this is true.
>>
>>75857424
you made my panites wet
>>
>>75857029
Well considering the fact that string theory isn't even a well established theory, its probably some coincidence.
>>
>>75859178
>but we don't need to store all information at the same time, just like video games don't store all information, it just becomes available when you interact with it

Naive view that the simulation would be running in a universe with the same physical laws as our own
>>
File: 1464536031515.jpg (883 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1464536031515.jpg
883 KB, 1600x900
>>75856158
Yup, but it's pointless to contemplate regardless. We are here and that's that.
>>
>>75856158
If triangles had a God he would have three sides.
>>
>>75859356
>Likely the "creator" of the simulation is unaware / disinterested in the fact that life bloomed in the sim

That literally makes no sense. Why would someone create a universe and be uncaring that it has created life? Sounds like a shitty attempt to maintain your nihilism m8ie.

The simulation concept is pretty fucking dumb. There's so much wasted space.
>>
>>75859378
Go collect me 10 boar heads and I'll give you pants you don't want and 50¢
>>
>>75859124
Of all the stupid things about that theory, you choose to make an equally stupid point? If the universe was simulated, it wouldn't matter how fucking old you think something is. Like in a video game, there's structures that, in the context of the game world, have existed before the player character was alive, to everyone in that world (if they were self aware simulations) everything is as old as they appear to be, because they only way to test the age of something is within the simulation itself. How many hits to the head did you take as a child to think that something would have to actually be really old in a simulation for it to be perceived as really old to everyone who is a part of the simulation?
>>
>>75859163
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/soulboundstudios/chronicles-of-elyria-epic-story-mmorpg-with-aging

This game begs to differ
>>
>>75859043
>Quantum computers are about as good as we'll ever get and they're basically already functional. Universe sim won't happen.

I honestly hate when people act like we've already figured it all out. I'm sure no one ever thought we'd get past the book for storing information. Or I am sure back then they thought the horse and the cart was the best way to get around, and there was no other.

Who knows what we will do in the next 10,000 years?
>>
>>75856158
LOL POL IS SO PLEB TIER.
THIS IS SOMEWHAT TRUE AND THERE ARE TOP PEOPLE WHO KNOW THIS THING.
GLAD I AM ONE OF THOSE RARE BEINGS.

>SORRY YOU CAN NOT RESPAWN
>>
File: brit.jpg (3 KB, 120x90) Image search: [Google]
brit.jpg
3 KB, 120x90
>>75857725

It's hidden in the occult sciences. Don't lose your soul while exploring.. There's good reasons why intelligent men currently and throughout history have been theistic. It's because certain practices do yield results. They're just incredibly difficult and/or down right evil.
>>
>>75856158
Nah, they are clearly making enormous leaps of faith. It's one thing to be realistic. It's quite another to be realistic at astronomical scales with detail down to the subatomic level all simulated with consistent physics. They are making flawed assumptions and drawing overly aggressive conclusions on likelihood to come up with those probabilities that make it that overwhelmingly likely.
>>
>>75858824
>What the fuck did people do on the internet in the 90s?

Pretty much what we do on 4chan. Message boards and BBS's were the norm.
>>
Fact: one cannot create a simulation of a universe to the scale of one's own universe. There is literally NOT ENOUGH SPACE
>>
>>75859484
POO
>>
>>75859358
not true, the existence of a second earth is not yet rendered in this simulation and therefor we don't know of it, it may exist or not, but the data isn't available to us yet and therefor doesn't need to be stored. just like minecraft rendering
>>
>>75858595
Solarcity is not doing to good anon. It's summer and installs haven't picked up. One office in particular has had no work the last two days for any crew.

It's not looking good at all
>>
>>75859380
>PayPal not ground breaking
HEEM yourself fellow shitposter
>in b4 someone else would have invented it
>>
>>75859347
How do you know though? Can you falsify the existence of a God? No you cannot because we do not know what the evidence is nor can we prove or disprove that a God exists.

The only idiot here is you trying to apply science to the nonscientific. Unless you can design an experiment that disproves a hypothesis, it does not fall into the realm of science.

>God exists
Show evidence for this.

>God does not exist
Show evidence for this.

>n-n-n-no I can't
But please, continue to believe in your Hollywood-induced fantasies about little green men.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KcPNiworbo
>>
>>75856415
True, but even the slightest hint is enough to make the ilusion a possibility and thus real
>>
>Implying the simulation has been running for more than 20 years

Whole thing is a test being run to see how white people will react to being replaced because of traitors
Alien government is running tests before trying it on their own people
>>
>>75858131
fuck
>>
>>75859488
>>75859488
>It's hidden in the occult sciences
Care to tell more? I know what your pic means.
>>
>>75859479
No Im not saying we've figured it all out, there may well be particles to work with smaller than atoms, but its a fact of reality that on an atomic scale things become unpredictable, you can't compute things if youre unsure whether the calculation happened because an atom appeared somewhere it shouldn't have. Are you even aware of what quantum tunnelling is?

Science can advance as much as it likes, it won't overcome the laws of physics
>>
>>75859589
If you can not disprove or prove something, you are retarded for believing in it.

I can give you a huge list of shit i made up that you don't believe in because there is no evidence and you can not prove or disprove it's existence.

Yet when that list is written in an old book, you would believe in them.

Off yourself retard.
>>
>>75859546
>the existence of a second earth is not yet rendered in this simulation and therefor we don't know of it
We do if it's inside our light cone. Plus non locality in quantum mechanics can cause "interactions" outside the light cone.
>>
>>75857724
>atoms orbit

Neils Bohr pls
>>
Could ghosts be explained within this theory?
Why would people see our 'become' them?
Is there code similar to ghosts?
>>
>>75856533
>I mean the universe looks suspiciously like jiz in water.
-Plato
>>
File: Mememancer.png (118 KB, 410x410) Image search: [Google]
Mememancer.png
118 KB, 410x410
>>75856158
>>>75856158
You don't get it /pol/.

This is your chance.

Elon's been over-inflated to real life Tony Stark by the normies. No matter how retarded his explanation is
>build a career out of building off others' work
>not understand the simple concept of cumulative progression
facebook.gov will keep everyone focused on this WE WUZ SIMUHLATED meme. The meme magic is ripe to bring anything into the "Simulation" because everyone is questioning the reality simultaneously.
>>
>>75858824

There was "internet" before internet, in the late 80s. BBSs. You'd dial a phone number to an individual computer. Most were single line but some had multiple lines. You had accounts, could email, private message, chat, play online text games, post on "walls", upload / download files, etc. Proto-internet was fun times.
>>
>>75859739
but we don't have all the information inside our light-cone

I feel like there are some levels we haven't unlocked yet.
>>
>>75859787
People waiting for their character to respawn
>>
relevant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szzVlQ653as
>>
>>75857106
he can stop time at any time and likely is above time itself. we are to him what a kid's drawing is to us.
>>
>>75859589
There's billions of stars, each with billions of planets and their moons, in a universe that is billions of years old. Statistically, there will be life somewhere else in the known universe. It doesn't matter where it is, or how evolved it is, it is mathematically far less likely that of every rock in the universe, only one of them managed intelligent life.
>>
>>75856158
soooo
when is he leaking the source code?
>>
so uh, the fuck is the point of this theory?
didn't the matrix already cover this?

why are people so stupid
>>
>>75859729
>If you can not disprove or prove something, you are retarded for believing in it.
Not at all. There is a wonderful thing called faith. It doesn't need to rely on any kind of evidence whatsoever and only insecure worms take issue with this.

>I can give you a huge list of shit i made up that you don't believe in because there is no evidence and you can not prove or disprove it's existence.
Go for it. It is irrelevant. It doesn't fall into the realm of science thus you can believe or disbelieve it to your heart's content.

>Yet when that list is written in an old book, you would believe in them.
Better than being shown in Jewish movies ;) Let's be real, watching Jewish films such as E.T., Star Wars, and Independence Day is why you believe in little green men.

>Off yourself retard.
Nah, I'm not a nihilistic atheist with no reason to exist lol.
>>
>>75856954
>american buying a new car
>>
>>75859911
>Statistically, there will be life somewhere else in the known universe.
proof?
>>
>>75859245
>You can't falsify the existence of a God thus it does not fall within the scientific realm.

Burden of proof lies with the claimant, man.

This whole "you can't disprove god therefore he exists" argument is backwards and illogical.

There's a magic neon-pink pony who lives in the sun.
YOU CAN'T DISPROVE IT SO HE MUST BE REAL.

A giant set of plastic dentures floats through the universe, eating black holes.
YOU CAN'T DISPROVE IT SO IT MUST BE REAL.

A talking banana slug named Harvey created the universe and fucked your mom.
YOU CAN'T DISPROVE IT SO IT MUST BE REAL.

It's retard-logic.
>>
>>75859787
'ghosts' are like deleted files on your harddrive
they aren't really there, but as long as the data isn't overwritten they aren't gone either
>>
>>75859982
it's simple maths you illiterate faggot
>>
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/are-we-living-in-a-computer-simulation/

Original paper:
http://www.simulation-argument.com/simulation.html
>>
>>75858420
1. Burden of proof
2. Because we don't know doesn't mean its just as likely or valid. We have evidence supporting one idea without knowing, why would you assume its just as valid as the one without?
>>
>>75859988
it's not "IT MUST BE REAL"
it's "you can't rule out the posibility that it is"
>>
>>75859860
that information has interacted with us, hasn't it?
We aren't the only things in this universe
>>
>>75859982
You already have the proof of the statistics dipshit. Again, billions of stars, billions of rocks, billions of years for things to evolve and you think it only happened once, and we're it? But please, do tell me more about how magic sky daddy poofed us into existence one day and told us not to stick dicks in butts.
>>
>>75859450
>That literally makes no sense. Why would someone create a universe and be uncaring that it has created life? Sounds like a shitty attempt to maintain your nihilism m8ie.

It's not that ridiculous.

The universe is huge, and life appears to be an anomaly.

Now imagine running a simulation where your only input is the laws of the universe + some amount of matter. Big Bang = simulation kicked off.

You want to see what happens? Well you did. Care about life forming? Maybe not. Maybe don't even bother looking.

But you're framing it wrong, whatever would be capable of running a simulation will not be some race of alien creates just like us, but an unfathomable place where we cannot exist much less conceive of it
>>
File: image.jpg (187 KB, 967x601) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
187 KB, 967x601
>>75859534
>tfw I ran several BBSs in the early 90s
>we had 3 landlines in my house for it
>stared with text based BBSs and then moved to Excalibur which had a GUI and was more in line with what you'd see on the early Internet kinda like this
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excalibur_BBS
>>
>>75859822
I wish we could have dinner some time.
>>
>tfw the person who controls you will never transfer you over to a 2D waifu simulator

This is some fucked up game desu.
>>
>>75859992
So can the human data be restored from a ghost file?
How would you completely scrub a ghost?
>>
>>75858383
thats not how things work you know?
you can't travel to Andromeda and expect choclate rain falling upside down

use a better proxy you australian shit
>>
>>75860006

yeah, show me that simple math or a source of it or something. otherwise you're just parroting false shit you read on the internet once
>>
>>75856446

Never underestimate boredom.
>>
>>75860098
>You already have the proof of the statistics dipshit.

yeah, give me a source to those statistics. I'm sure you have some.
>>
>>75860039
has nothing to do with burden of proof, neither situations can be proven, and therefor both neither true nor false.
>>
>>75856158
> elon musk tries to get empathy from autists for his new and old scams
> autists come up with irrelevant ideas
>>
check my sikh ID
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4mb6gzu60U
>>
>>75856158
Bitch pls, by that logic I could be the only "real" person in the world and you're all just a bunch of NPCs
>>
>>75860135
>how would you completely scrub a ghost
destroy the harddrive or overwrite its data
>>
>>75856415
To be fair, he was probably misquoted by the media to make a more shocking headline and get more clicks
>>
>>75860130

You were around then too or just curious to hear stories?
>>
>>75860094
>it's not "IT MUST BE REAL"
>it's "you can't rule out the posibility that it is"

Yeah, and then they create an entire religion around it and believe this "possibility" with all their hearts.

Religious people look ridiculous when they try to use science to justify their superstions. They put up this psuedo-logical facade of "Oh, let's be rational," but it's all merely a justification for believing a bunch of primitive jewish sandnigger nonsense.
>>
>>75856158
This is part of the introduction of the meme of "nothing is real, goyim"
>>
>>75860100
>The universe is huge, and life appears to be an anomaly.
Yeah sure, til NASA gets off their asses and goes looking for it. There fucking moons in our own solar system with vast, heated oceans like our own that could be harbouring life. There's volcanic caves on mars where it's surface water likely receded after losing it's atmosphere, that could be holding life.
NASA intentionally does not go looking for life. This isn't even a conspiracy theory, on their newest probe (think it's being sent in 2020?) they genuinely refused to attatch a lab capable of detecting life while on the surface, they'd rather collect samples and analyse back on earth, after any microbial life has died and decayed on the journey back.

Personally, I think they're terrified of a religious backlash.
>>
>>75860285
but what if we are and this reply follows the choice-tree that is coded inside this game?
>>
>>75859973
>it's a wonderful thing called faith

Guess what faggot? I have faith that when I die, I get to fuck your mother for all of eternity while you watch. Can't disprove it? Oh looks like I'm right again.

Kill yourself
>>
File: is-this-real-life-240x180.jpg (17 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
is-this-real-life-240x180.jpg
17 KB, 240x180
Mfw finally a good argument for god existing.
>>
File: 1423817088686.jpg (23 KB, 490x480) Image search: [Google]
1423817088686.jpg
23 KB, 490x480
>there are people IDT who have not achieved chim
>>
>>75860369
I'll take it, still better than whatever Bethesda is putting out in terms of bantz
>>
>>75860342
so? you believe in the possibility of 'free choice', isn't that basically the same thing?
>>
>>75860112

I remember Excalibur!
>>
>>75860185
>source
The fuck are you even talking about? You want me to cite the facts that there are billions of stars with billions of planets, in a universe billions of years old? If you don't already think that, there is literally nothing I could cite that you won't dismiss.
>>
>>75856158

Can my creator give me some fucking upgrades?
>>
>>75860436
You must be posting in the wrong thread. There hasn't been any in this thread.

But i suppose there hasn't been any evidence anywhere else, either.
>>
>>75860473

Misrepresenting science to justify personal superstitions is not rational.
>>
>>75860514
You have to earn upgrades by acquiring EXP
>>
>>75856158
If it's a simulation, it's boring as shit and the developer has to kill himself, seriously.
>>
>>75856446
Time is about perception. It's basically a law or as close to a scientific law we have.

Remember how from the perspective of the person traveling light speed things seem to happen instantly. Those who spectate from the outside see it happening over years or centuries.

To us the simulation is as we see it. But imagine how if we make our own simulation and speed up the processing. To those observing this it could all be taking days or weeks to process the history of the universe until total atrophy.
>>
>>75860477
Yep, those were the days
>>
>yfw your life is litterally a game created by the government with paid monthly subscription and a 18year free trial
>>
>>75860669
>free servers are full of hackers
>>
>>75860204
The individual making the positive claim has the burden of proof, which he or she has failed on miserably and provided nothing. I agree with you up until the point where this turns into the rabbit holes of making shit up, instead of looking at the evidence and coming to a conclusion. Proving negatives and following that, as opposed to following the obvious, is what im promoting.
>>
>>75860157
it is not my job to educate and expand your thinking beyond the three dimensions you pleb
>>
>>75860487

So you just have faith that those numbers are correct with no proof?
>>
>>75860810

if you're not going to back up your claims then just go back into the cuckshed my man
>>
>>75860669
>tfw some autist chose the ugly face just for fun of it.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.