[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Being a real man
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8
File: 1375251821923045.jpg (63 KB, 500x721) Image search: [Google]
1375251821923045.jpg
63 KB, 500x721
How do we stop the emasculation of men and bring back true men?
What in your opinion, makes a true man/gentleman?
>>
Physical strength
Mental fortitude
Purpose
Persistence
>>
for starters:

Stop watching anime

stop playing video games

read books

seek to create instead of consume

I also really like this book.

The guy highlights what masculinity is, and why it is important.

He says that being masculine is shown by having 4 virtues

-strength
-courage
-mastery of skill
-honor

he also says a nation of feminine men will collapse and women have no place in all male groups.
>>
not listening to >muh no true man fags
>>
>>75837741
/thread
Russia has it.
>>
>mfw not obsessed with masculinity, pulling a model girlfriend and starting a $165,000 job after the summer
Also kek my name is literally chad
>>
File: 1434909926642.png (121 KB, 264x396) Image search: [Google]
1434909926642.png
121 KB, 264x396
>>75837831
Forgot my face
>>
Good thread idea OP. Ill be watching this one develop. I'm developing an interest in what makes a man a man, and now that i am one how I can achieve my full potential.

I believe it is someone who takes control. Who takes full charge of his life and accepts all responsibility for his actions. Is considered, weighs up all options, doesnt fly off the handle or aporoach life in a scattergun manner. Someone who has the confidence to back himself in any situation.
>>
>>75837865
Oh shit, I'm sorry.

>>75837565
What's wrong with anime as long as it isn't moeshit and you watch something like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Also, what's wrong with video games if it's in moderation?
>>
It's always weird how guys have these arbitrary measurements of what makes a man and are obsessed with obtaining them. I feel like there's got to be correlation with these neck beards obsessed with reading Art of Manliness articles and a lack of legitimate role models and father figures.
>>
>>75837975
life is short

why not just dedicate yourself to the pursuit of perfect and be a god amongst men?

That time playing video games is like a black hole of productive time with the only exceptions really being sandbox games and RTS/grand strat.

Why not learn an instrument and instead of playing video games, play that instrument? Why not write poetry, or short stories, or paint/draw?

tl;dr why not just find more productive recreational hobbies than video games?
>>
>>75838072
What are some of the most productive hobbies?
>>
Also it's really obvious

a true man:
>Recognizes the struggle
>Dedicates himself to the struggle wholly
>Dedicates himself fanatically to the cause of remaking society
>Once in a position to transform society, he applies revolutionary discipline among the victorious masses of workers, of peasants, of intelligentsia, and youth.
>He seeks out and combats counter-revolutionary thought, bourgeois saboteurs, kulak grain hoarders, and the tentacles of global capital
>He squats and dead lifts, avoids machines etc.
>>
File: 1454744337198.jpg (1 MB, 4256x2832) Image search: [Google]
1454744337198.jpg
1 MB, 4256x2832
>>75838230
My current plans and things I'm currently doing:

>learning viola
>learning to cook
>lifting weights
>learning to draw in hopes to paint and sculpt
>having a masculine fashion sense
>trading stocks via Robinhood
>reading
>watching films from a list of classics
>learning how to be good with a gun

I'll post my film watching list that I'm trying to get through. It's probably the easiest way to get yourself into being cultured
>>
>what makes a man a man?

A y chromosome.
>>
>>75838783
>trading stocks via Robinhood
How do I get into investing and financing and all that stuff if I've never taken classes on it?
>>
>>75838866
books. read beginner books.
>>
File: 1451908040885.jpg (44 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1451908040885.jpg
44 KB, 640x640
>>75837261
>Being a whiny faggot
How do we stop whiny faggots who live in their parents' basement from obsessing over how "masculine" others perceive them to be? Muh mascuwinity is still dentity politics.
>>
>>75837261
Ww3
>>
>>75837565
>Following a book written by a literal faggot degenerate

Jesus Christ, the """"alt"""" right is a disgusting, degenerate joke. Faggots, kikes and pedophiles everywhere.
>>
>>75838230
Three groups

>sustenance - feed yourself
Hunting
Fishing
Gardening

>production - make new stuff
Woodwork
Metalwork
Electronics

>maintenance - learn how to maintain the things you buy
Cars
Computers
>>
>>75837261
>what makes a man be a man

The answer my friend is blowin in the wind
>>
>>75837261
Not being obsessed towards it is a good start.
>>
>>75838866
Investing is actually pretty fun.

I really recommend using Investopedia.com as your source. They have very short animated videos for concepts to help explain it.

here's an example (videos start muted when the page is loaded, so unmute and watch)
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/r/rsi.asp?layout=infini&v=5C&orig=1&adtest=5C

Whenever I see a term on stocktwits, /biz/, or elsewhere I don't understand, I look it up there and it really helps me out.

Some basics though:
1) learn about chart indicators (RSI, MACD, Moving Average)
2) learn about when to buy and sell
3) learn how to read financial statements (Income statement, balance sheet, cash flow)
4) follow business news and know what sectors are doing well and why and which are not doing well and why

also this really helped me at least begin to know what I was doing/where to start
https://toughnickel.com/personal-finance/10-Factors-to-Consider-When-Selecting-a-Stock

Another thing, all brockers (minus Robinhood) have commission fees, meaning they charge you X amount to buy stocks, and sell stocks.

I used to use tradeking, so if I bought 1000 shares of XYZ, it'd cost me 4.95, and if I sold them, it'd cost me 4.95.
>>
>>75837261
Decriminalize assault if no weapons are involved
>>
File: film.png (45 KB, 791x989) Image search: [Google]
film.png
45 KB, 791x989
>>75838783
Film list if anyone is interested. X just means I watched it.

Top picks are:
Birdman, Raging Bull, Brazil, Lawrence of Arabia, Paths of Glory, and There Will Be Blood. Start with those if you want amazing movies. Waltz with Bashir was shit, don't watch that, or The Act of Killing.
>>
>>75839278
Also, Yahoo Finance is a great resource

Don't worry about calculating chart indicators, because their interactive stock charts already have those options.
>>
>>75839192
I like how you listed those in order of least to most advanced technologies wise
>>
>>75839663
Add In Bruges.
>>
>>75839663
>memories of murder on there twice
>>
>>75838783
I would say don't waste your time with movies. 95% of hollywood are sodomite freak perverts who subtley push their faggot agenda into their movies. Movies are nearly always void of any meaning, don't listen to anyone who says otherwise.

I'd say replace movies with /out/ stuff. Just hiking (or long distance hiking), and also learn a bit about the geography of places you like to hike. Almost every state in America is pretty interesting once you get out into the wilderness.
>>
>>75839920
I should probably look over the list because there's also a couple I didn't mark an x next to plus what you said

regardless, it's a good list (in my opinion) to get started.
>>
>>75839278
How long did it take for you to understand everything and how long does it take to be efficient at it?
>>
2 words.

1 name

ELIOT
L
I
O
T

ROGERS
O
G
E
R
S
>>
>>75837261
my father is a man.
>moved to idaho from urban nebraska start a farm
>built his first house by hand. did all the carpentry, dry walling, roofing, flooring, electrixity, and plumbing by hand
>when his marriage fell apart he demanded to raise me.
>worked as a forester. started his own plumbing company.
>taught me to hunt, camp, study hard, put me in boy scouts, came to all the meetings and camp outs
>taught me how to play cards, pushed me to take up plumbing as a trade when i was 13, bought me a gun when i was 11, gave me a beat up pickup when i turned 15, a bow when i was 16, a credit card application and a draft register application when i turned 18.
>forced me to take responsibility and pay for my mistakes with hard work.
>bought more land, built more houses, started more companies, worked harder, went from nothing to comfortable.
>told me to happiness was a choice.
>told me to wake up earlier than everyone and accomplish more before sunrise than theyll do in the entire day
>He told me, "I never wanted ti be a good example, just an example."
>he told me "Son, the you dont have to be great, just do better than the generation before."

My dad is truly a great man. I hate myself for not being half the man he is.
>>
>>75840143
>when his marriage fell apart he demanded to raise me.
Stopped reading there. I don't care if he was present in your life as a father, no man pussies out of marriage.
>>
>>75838072
Why completely cut videogames out of your life? It isn't "productive?" Neither is learning to play the tuba, when are you ever going to need that shit?
>>
>>75840143

sounds like a good role model anon, you are lucky.
>>
>>75840020
That's only most modern movies designed to get a quick buck.

The ones on the list are considered either classics or modern classics. For instance, Brazil is a very creative satire on totalitarianism, consumerism, and bloated bureaucracy

I mean just look at this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkUKAtzE0r0&ab_channel=Movieclips

>>75840088
It may sound like a lot, but it's really not. It took like a week of fucking around, and a week being serious about it.

Check out /biz/ and just lurk investing pages to take it in.

Investopedia actually has a stock trading simulator if you want to try that and refine while you learn.

Also Martin Shkreli (they guy that raised the aids drug price) has some investing lessons on his youtube if you want to check those out. I only watched the first one, though, so I can't vouch for their quality.
>>
>>75839278
And then take everything you know about stocks, and throw them out the window.

It's much different than it used to be. Much much different. Fundamentals don't even fucking mean anything anymore, there's massive insider tradings, just general corruption.

With all that said however, If you want quick money that's pretty much a guarantee, invest in oil. I expect oil is going to skyrocket soon as the saudi's slowly taper off oil production to raise the price again. US shale oil rigs won't be coming back online anytime soon until they know for a fact it will be worth it, as it costs a huge amount of money to bring a rig back online after it's been put offline. Meanwhile the Saudi's can control the price to what they want. And I'm talking a possibility of $200 oil here before we see another crash.
>>
>>75840356
Why does all the gunfire sound like lasers?
>>
>>75840395
>there's massive insider tradings, just general corruption.

so? Stocks still follow well defined trends.

>oil
Nope nope nope nope. Avoid that sector, oil is fucked right now. Oversupply and declining demand.

If you want some easy cash, invest in Kroger or Ollie's Bargain Outlet. All indicators show them growing for awhile, and Ollie's just beat analyst estimates on earnings per share today.
>>
>>75840214
lets be clear on this you fucking shit eating leaf, my mother left him.
>>
>>75840554
Yeah, for a reason. It's equally pussy if you aren't capable of keeping a wife around, that says something about his character.
>>
>>75840356
Yeah I mean, that's interesting and I appreciate it. But if I were on a mission to become a better man (which I sort of always am), I would never put any effort into movies. I only watch movies if I am sick or extremely tired.

I will say I saw two movies that i LOVED recently. First one was "Uncle John", which was an independent hitchcock-ish movie filmed in rural Wisconsin.

The second was "Nightcrawler", which was also an independent movie. Basically about a sociopath entrepreneur who starts a filming company.

I know /pol/ hypes movies like "there will be blood", and maybe "The discreet charm of the bourgeois, and there's nothing wrong with enjoying these movies, but I just think that they won't profit your life in any way.
>>
>>75837478
I would say this on slight variations.
>Physical strength
highly desirable but not necessary. This could be replaced by some other qualities such as cunning and genius in a practical sense.
>mental fortitude
absoultely agree on this one. If a man can't defend his ideals he is worth shit.
>purpose
If found, of course. Wise men do not take purpose lightly and will often spend their lives searching for it. that in itself, ironically, is a purpose.
>persistence
Yes. Agreed. Persistence, perseverance and resilience are the traits of great men.
>>
>>75840925
>there's massive insider tradings, just general corruption.

top kek. Why not both? Be both a genius and strong. Literally alpha.

Strong men are more capable in emergency situations.
>>
>>75840519
>Oversupply and declining demand.

That's just...factually wrong. demand has been increasing year over year steadily for years and years, and it's still the same story predicted going forward.

I remember when people were telling eachother to stay out of oil at $25 when it was obviously massively underpriced. Even the saudi's can't bullshit their way out of the truth that they needed to take on massive debt because they weren't making any money from oil being that price too. I made lots of money from the ride back to $50 when I got in at $30, and I'll sill make lots of money from $50 to the $65 ish its going to hit by the end of the years (possibly $70).

Oil is actually a very safe play if you look at the actual industry, who controls the supply/demand, etc. The only people who think the oil sectors is scary and fucked are the people who cant read between the lines and look at the bigger picture, specifically with saudi oil.
>>
>>75840993
wrong copy+paste

meant to quote
>This could be replaced by some other qualities such as cunning and genius in a practical sense.
>>
>>75840674
i know this is bait, but i just hate canadians so goddamn much. everything about your country reeks of endless faggotry.
>>
>>75840125

Rogers was a little bitch who picked trying to beat the high score over self-improvement. A real man would look at what he's doing wrong and correct it.
>>
>>75840993
most truly "alpha" (you browse way too much 4chan anon) men, whom I would call the ones who shaped history, weren't really phyisically strong (I can think of some but they are not a majority.) Alpha is an adjective you would use to describe animals and while it is useful to attract women and climb some social ladders it is of no application on most important human matters.
>>
>>75841129
Tell me about it, my fucking faggot Prime Minister is pushing for a bill that rewrites our national anthem to "be more inclusive to all genders"
>>
>>75841405
being strong both prepares you for times of emergency as well as deters people from treating you like a pushover

being strong innately commands respect as well.
>>
>>75841460
Being strong is a noble act of vanity, if one could say that. It takes many positive traits like discipline but it can be replaced in the acquisition of "respect" and power when it comes to the display of it. I am actually a fit (not necesarily strong) person and I advocate it but it is not a true necessity in the making of a man. It is an act of narcissism these days.
>>
>>75838783
>>lifting weights
Take a boxing class. It takes only skill to lift a weight ,but it takes courage too keep going on a ring.
Also it's fun as hell and people are usually bros
>>
File: 1421954913829.jpg (15 KB, 211x237) Image search: [Google]
1421954913829.jpg
15 KB, 211x237
>>75841744
>Being strong is a noble act of vanity
k, paco
>>
>>75841460
The alpha male doesn't really mean too much in humam civilisation. Most cases you have them under the seats of power. Even in older times hunter gatherers were about community not pack mentality. Most "alpha" traits are just narcissistic tendencies.

The whole "I'm a big dick alpha" has run counter to many enlightened civilisations. Take the Athenians women would be required to offer themselves for free sex at the temples for a time. Also ever wonder why males in art have small penises? It's because being a "big dik nuga" was seen as uncultured and savage.

We glorify these base ideas from what I believe to be a behavioral sink.
>>
>>75841761
That was my point all the time; it's not the act itself that makes the man but the teachings that come from it. Courage is one of them. Lifting weights is the epitome of shallowness.
>>75841778
Paco does not need to resort to name calling, and has superior argumentative skills than you. Good night my sweet sweet friend.
>>
File: Hat-Fedora.jpg (22 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Hat-Fedora.jpg
22 KB, 500x500
Hey don't go OP, you forgot your hat.
>>
>>75841999
In the book The Way of Men, he explains pretty well why what you're saying is wrong.

That is why the west is collapsing. We think being "alpha" or being a man = showing 6 pack pics on instagram or flaunting your wealth, or having sex a lot.

It's nowhere close to that.

You have 8 minutes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxvrapNC15o&ab_channel=ArtofManliness

He gives a quick tl;dr of the book's concepts.
>>
>>75837565
Yeah and sucking cock is probably manly according to this author
>listening to a faggot ever
>>
>>75840993
well, nothing wrong with being strong, but I wouldn't declare an old man, not being a man anymore for not being strong in his old days
>>
>>75842234
Jack Donovan, again in that book, bashes multiculturalism and tolerance, and in the honor chapter, he trashes gay culture, calling it hedonistic and a perfect example of a community with 0 honor.

He even has a book where he addresses gay men and calls on them to give up gay culture, and calls it out in further detail.

He's VERY conservative.
>>
>>75842020
Maybe the epitome of shallowness is a bit strong tho. Lifting weight is really enjoyable for me ,but it has to be treated like going for a jog ,just exercise.
Then again there is a reason to why top boxers earn so much ,even tho it's much less practiced and popular than tennis or shit like that. People's gut just feel impressed by someone taking blows to the head and still pushing forwards. Also the reason why MMA is getting so popular is because it's much more violent than modern tap and hug boxing Mayweather style
>>
>>75842234
bashed
>>75842580
Yeah, I quite agree. Lifting weights can feel like a chore sometimes. Just excercise.
Take for example soccer: It's a team sport and can show a person valuable things about ethics and teamwork, camaraderie and the such. Albert Camus better explained it.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.