[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Nielsen says 5.3 million viewers watched the multi-netwo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8
File: 1464834299560.jpg (50 KB, 440x640) Image search: [Google]
1464834299560.jpg
50 KB, 440x640
>Nielsen says 5.3 million viewers watched the multi-network debut of "Roots" on Memorial Day, making it the most-watched scripted miniseries premiere on cable television since 2013 when "Bonnie & Clyde" aired on A+E.
>The premiere airing of "Roots" was carried on History, Lifetime, A+E and LMN.
>According to Nielsen Fast National numbers, the audience totaled 8.5 million over the course of Monday's three telecasts of the initial episode.
https://www.accesshollywood.com/articles/bc-us-tv-roots-ratings/

Is it easy to fudge the Nielsen numbers?
>>
>>75822588

They're probably accurate

>2016

>Watching broadcast TV
>>
>>75822588

I want to watch it in reverse so it has a happy ending.
>>
>>75822588
>Is it easy to fudge the Nielsen numbers?
not really.
>>
>>75822781
Kek
>>
it has been a pretty good show actually.
What I'm most surprised about is how nice slavery seems. Like the farms really don't appear to be all that bad, the slaves have plenty of time to walk around and socialize, throw parties, they dance and laugh and play music.
They seem to live better lives than a lot of people I know
>>
>>75822781
Really? Watch it forward or reverse they're free at either end. You must be some kinda stupid. Thanks for playing though
>>
>>75822921
Guess getting raped and threatened to be sold and separated for your family at every turn and beat and made to deny your own identity must be a pretty sweet deal to you....id hate to go to one of your parties.
>>
>>75822588
>Roots
>Bonnie & Clyde
Literally who? How can shows no one has ever heard of be popular
>>
File: 1431381733804.jpg (137 KB, 776x602) Image search: [Google]
1431381733804.jpg
137 KB, 776x602
>>75822588
>Since 2013 when "Bonnie & Clyde" aired on A+E

Oh, well god damn they must've really blown the doors down to get Bonnie & Clyde numbers.
>>
>>75823089
Well, maybe their fellow countrymen shouldn't have sold them off then?
>>
>>75823089

It's niggers. So it's no big deal.
>>
>>75822923
But anon, them being free in Africa where they belong IS the happy ending.
>>
>>75823325
Ironically, the ancestors of slaves have it way better than the ones who were "free" in Africa.

In the long run, slavery was the best thing to happen to blacks.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 400x400
>>75822588
I just watched 3/4 of it cause I like watch niggers get whipped and raped

Pretty solid show. Came 3 times

9/10 not enough gore though
>>
>>75823518
>>75823518
e d g y
>>
>>75823267
Or maybe white men should not have been lazy as fuck and actually worked. There wouldn't have been a market for black slaves huh.... And they fact that Africans "sold" other Africans just shows that being greedy treasonous pieces of shit is not JUST in a white man's nature. Although they are a lot better at it than those African countrymen you mention.
>>
>>75823811
True enough, but there are more slaves now in Africa than were in the US at any given time. Not to mention Irish slavery.

Nearly every race has had some form of slavery, but they're all glossed over for whatever reason.
>>
>>75823454
You both have your heads so far up your asses it's actually funny. You mean this country would have never gotten to were it is at today if it weren't for these slaves (Africans and other races)....they actually brought in a working class, which lazy white boys can no longer exploit.
>>
>>75822588
We watched this is school in yr9

After it we used to whip the kids with belts and yell

WHAT'S YA NAME BOY
>>
>>75823089
Guess Africans are really Shitty for selling Africans into slavery. I wonder when Africa is going to pay reparations.
>>
>>75823998
Well when all Americans live in Africa we can argue the causes and effects of slavery in Africa. Till then I would much rather focus on what's going on in my own country.
>>
File: 1460888222373.png (43 KB, 135x127) Image search: [Google]
1460888222373.png
43 KB, 135x127
>>75822588
>I AM KUNT
>>
>>75823811
American slavery was a mistake. We should have gotten white slaves.
>>
>>75823089

Even with all of that, they still lived better in the US then they would have in Africa.

why?

Because niggers are stupid
>>
>>75824046
>they actually brought in a working class

Let's be honest here, slavery was the only way those guys were going to work at all. You talk about lazy white boys, but no one is lazier than blacks.
>>
Did not watch but did they show Africans selling Africans and the first slave owner was black?
>>
>>75824201
I guarantee that the breeding and selling of generations of slaves far outweigh the ones sold. I know damn well not every single slave in America was bought and shipped directly from over seas. You seem to want a pass on the originals sold into slavery, well what about the greater amounts that were bred and enslaved for generations after?
>>
>>75824358
How are they stupid? Because some white boy on 4chan in him moms basement declared them stupid? You must be special....plus after all the work done in this country I don't blame them for staying and keeping what's rightfully theirs. That's actually pretty smart. You wouldn't know anything about that though
>>
File: tumblr_o0lfr8CeJV1u6olw8o1_500.gif (2 MB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0lfr8CeJV1u6olw8o1_500.gif
2 MB, 500x200
>>75822588
>5.3 million viewers watched the multi-network debut of "Roots" on Memorial Day
>5.3 million viewers watched that video the Blacked.com spammers were posting
>>
>>75824290
So we should go conquer?
>>
>>75824369
Let's be even more honest. You pulled that shit outta your ass and trying to present it like its gold. Sorry white boy, excuse me if I don't take your worthless word for anything.
>>
>>75824798
Go ahead, are you going to lead the charge? That's pretty hard to do from your mom's basement. Not too many people are afraid of a keyboard (your weapon of choice)
>>
>>75824500

Seems a lot less shitty than just cutting the genitals off of slaves as soon as you buy them, which was the fate of the slaves that were sold to Arabs instead of Americans. It also doesn't change the fact that the slaves born into slavery enjoyed an objectively higher standard of living than they would have if they were born to a starving nigger tribe in nigger Africa.
>>
>>75822588
>the most-watched scripted miniseries premiere on cable television since 2013

Not really that impressive, 2013 being 3 years ago and all.
>>
>>75822588
some black kid no older than 8 was with his white grandma (my wife's son meme irl) at my complexes pool today. he was talking to everyone about roots, asking if they saw it or not. why the fuck would you let a kid watch that shit?
>>
>>75822588
Aye, that's a good nigger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CpJpGF8lS8
>>
>>75824937
You try living that life...unless you get your understanding of the world from Tv and Internet. It doesn't change the fact that whites of the time could not build something meaningful for themselves so they needed to exploit slaves to do it for them. (I say whites of the time because whites today have no where near the power they had back then no matter how superior they claim to be on 4chan)... With that, I must go. Good night to all
>>
>>75825120

>Not telling him that Roots was plagiarized and Alex Haley is a fraud

You don't deserve white skin
>>
>>75825217
>whites of the time
>2% of the people in the US owned slaves

Slaves weren't as ubiquitous as you think. Not every family had slaves like a fucking pet. They were reserved for the ultra-rich.
>>
>>75825217
>tips fedora
>>
>>75822781
I remember this joke from the first Roots
>>
Why are they Muslims? Were the original niggers in Roots Muslims too? I don't think Islam had moved to South Africa during that time, especially not to ooga-booga tribes.
The first movies were better.
>>
>>75822588
Meh, those numbers aren't that impressive. The Hatfield's and McCoy's got 2.5 times the ratings when that was on a few years ago.
>>
File: myshield.png (608 KB, 440x640) Image search: [Google]
myshield.png
608 KB, 440x640
>>75822588
Meh
>>
File: 1422462526841.jpg (15 KB, 204x252) Image search: [Google]
1422462526841.jpg
15 KB, 204x252
>>75824046
African slaves actually didn't work that much, white slaves and Asian workers did the majority of the pulling for this country. Blacks didn't do a lot especially considering black slaves were a minority of a minority.

On top of this, the majority of slave owners were Jewish, not white, and the first slave owner was a black man.
White indentured servants were around far longer than black slaves, and there was more of them even throughout all of black slavery.

Before America even existed blacks would get sold into slavery for Saudi Arabians, who had one of the largest slave-trades on the entire planet and none of whom were white.
This is why there were already black slave traders ready to sell off their nigger kin to Americans before America was even made.

Importing niggers from Africa was the worst mistake America ever made.
>>
>>75827100
And what's the deal with airing it on Memorial Day? During black history month would make sense, but on a day to remember our fallen soldiers, wtf?
>>
File: CE6IrTNUkAABnBq.jpg (83 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
CE6IrTNUkAABnBq.jpg
83 KB, 600x800
>>75822588
I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers were made up, but keep in mind the show is on 4 channels at the same time. Atleast.

Comparing shows on 1 channel at 1 time is not an even comparison, so even if the numbers are correct, its not that impressive.
>>
>>75824290
There's no slavery going on in your country right now though. So why are we still focusing on it?

Less than 1% of white people owned slaves back then. First slave owner was a black man who sued for the right to have a slave of his own race.

You said if whites weren't so lazy there wouldn't be a slave market? Top kek. There was a slave market in Africa and everywhere else long before whites arrived. We're the only race to publicly outlaw slavery.

If niggers hadn't been willing to enslave rival tribes, there wouldn't be a slave market, is the real crux of the issue.
>>
>>75827300
In order to defeat the current system we are to have more empathy for these people than for our own.

it's is a sort of irony that the globalists are getting us all ready for a plantation.

It's all out in the open and we still don't get it. They slap it in our faces and we beg for more.
>>
>>75822921
If you read the accounts of actual slaves, outside of the largest commercial plantations, they were generally treated pretty well. Many were allowed days off each week to learn trades, for which they were paid and ultimately allowed to purchase their freedom. That's the reason why there were so many black slave owners in the later years, most of them having bought their own freedom beforehand.

The first slave owner in the US was a black man who sued for that right, which previously was non-existent in North America.

But they don't teach any of that stuff in school.
>>
>>75824681
Yeah how are an entire race of people who never accomplished anything ever unless they were literally enslaved and forced to, stupid? Obviously they're geniuses who are somehow being oppressed by inferior people...
>>
>>75824438
They showed Africans kidnapping other Africans to sell to whitey, but they blamed it on whitey. Never bothered mentioning the other destination for slaves to the east in the Arab world.

And really, how many times do they have to make the slavery in the US movie or TV show? When are they going to make one about slavery in the Caribbean or Brazil, where most American slaves ended up? Or how about slavery in the Islamic world, and show white Slavs being abducted and their plight? It seems the only types of slavery depicted in the West is done by Romans or Anglos and no one else.
>>
>>75825370
Please elaborate someone, I love learning how the left are a bunch of frauds.
>>
>>75823622
>muh edgy

back to r e d d i t
>>
>>75822588
Remember: Only niggers can be proud of their roots. Those '''white''' people don't have any real roots at all, or anything to be proud of. Watch these proud honorable noble black people fighting their cultureless oppression.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.