[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How relevant is 4chan exactly in the big picture...? It may be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: PontiusPilatePassion.jpg (39 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
PontiusPilatePassion.jpg
39 KB, 720x540
How relevant is 4chan exactly in the big picture...?
It may be a dumb question, but i was wondering...
We are basically "the counter culture of our time:the site"

Are we the pioneers of the "alt-right" currently?
And yes i mean both memes and serious opinions.
Ive been watching videos of Milo recently(put aside your like or dislike for him, hes pretty much the face of the alt-right right now, like it or not), and he sounded like your average /pol/ poster.He had basically the same arguments and he repeated "cuck" all the time.

So basically, tl: dr, are we ANY relevant, does our shitpostinf matterin the long run, etc

Also, sorry for the rambling and the shitty gramma, im currently fighting with a 1liter bottle of whiskey
>>
let me say, 4chan isn't big anymore.

but go back in time and it's probably one of the bigger influences of the internet since the early 2000's

2ch not so much, but somethingawful might have been if not for 4chan.

we're more the pioneers of "manufacturing memes" mostly because of GETS and because of anonymity.

since the scientology raids, 4chan has resided into obscurity and I think is on it's down fall, and I was here since Cracky-Chan.

She might even be the first big internet celebrity. There might be less online bullying if not for 4chan.
>>
>>75812367
we use to post hitler just for shock value, but then actual supporters came around, and it unknowingly started a counter-culture as a parody, but you live long enough to see yourself become a villain.

why else do you think moot just left. He wasn't racist. He was a really nice guy with a great sense of humor. He was an internet cool guy. you know. i miss him, i really do. it makes me sad.
>>
>>75811903
its same as asking question
>how relevant are the people in the big picture?
the answer is, very
>>
>>75812919
the majority of "the people" =/= 4chan
>>
>>75811903
>How relevant is 4chan exactly in the big picture...?
it's not. we just have fun here.
>>
>>75812536
Its nice to know im not the only one who remembers.
>>75812367
>>
>>75811903
It's very influential.

Anyone who says different is lying to themselves.
>>
>>75812367
idk, i think it's about as big as 2006-2008 which is fine imo, any bigger and it turns to shit like it has in the past when we get on the news (lel).

I think it just feels bigger because normies have heard about 4chan now but still don't come here. Before it was only kids in middle school to college who knew about this place.
>>
>>75811903
a hugbox in an echo chamber
>>
Sort've.

What happened is that we raided Hal Turner, and the e-nazis learned about 4chan, saw that we tolerate racist-themed humor ect, and they began to spam their propaganda here.

And now that propaganda is megaphoned by the throngs of impressionable children that hang out here, and our penchant for raiding has been turned towards serving the white supremacists.

But, white supremecists are as always short sighted retards (these are people who have spent the entire information age trying to manipulate people into holding opinions that were held by a majority of westerners when things like the civil rights act happened anyways) and they don't realize that the short-term gains they get from weaponizing memes will eventually turn against their rhetoric when the memes get old. And eventually, the concept of white nationalism will be relegated to obese NEET weebs and actually end up worse off then before, and be even more marginalized.

And now we're currently jumping the shark by hitching our wagon to Trump, who objectively fucking lies all the time and constantly changes his mind, and as such, the alt right will never, ever be able to claim any kind of intellectual integrity again.

Once he loses, it's basically over.

Which kind of sucks since although all the joooo conspiracies are nonsense, industrialists really do like flooding the west with immigrants to bring down the cost of labour and destroy our ability to collectively negotiate, and our politicians love democracy being diluted, especially with blocs of foreigners who can easily be contained simply by offering up local candidates of the dominant ethnicity for any given enclave.

And it would be super if we had some adults opposing that with actual reason instead of propaganda.

And now we will probably never ever get to fucking stop it.

But at least you'll get to feel like a super special counter-culture snowflake for awhile.

Until the real world eats you alive, which it will.
>>
File: image.jpg (669 KB, 1024x1212) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
669 KB, 1024x1212
>>75811903
We have influenced the real world through the power of our meme magic. Praise kek
>>
>>75815134
The original Alt-right WAS originally adults using reason.Things like VDARE, Jared Taylor etc. but you'll probably write them off as being idiotic skinhead nazis
>>
>>75812536
this, he was a cool guy and we just called him a fag because it was fun. The internet was just a new toy where you called people names without getting offended. Now this became too serious, where people get triggered by everything they consider "cuck", like what happened with moot. Everything changed to stuff like "anti-racist is code for anti-white", "learn my pronouns", people getting offended because a kid behind a computer told them they are racist nigger faggots as if that was really a treat to their lifestyle, be left o right leaning.
>>
and bump...
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.