[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /pol/, not shilling for democrats or minimum wage, but what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: 1463448812019.png (180 KB, 636x426) Image search: [Google]
1463448812019.png
180 KB, 636x426
So /pol/, not shilling for democrats or minimum wage, but what is the actual conservative answer to families that can't afford to support themselves despite working full time?

Trump wants to reshape the Republican party as more of a labor party, which I respect, but I don't really see how you could make a pro-workers party without making enormous changes to the Republican platform.
>>
I would think that if they can't support themselves working full time they would reconsider starting a family they can't finance without government assistance.
>>
>>75809636
Tax exceptions to low-wage earners.
>>
>>75809636
It's called a negative income tax.
>>
>>75809793
Yeah, that's not really an answer to the problem though. That's just blaming poor people for being poor. Again, this is the kind of shit that needs to be sorted out if the Republican party is going to be a workers party. You can't just say "well don't be poor."
>>
All of the "poor" people drive cars, have cable tv, cell phones, and the list goes on.
>>
I am willing to subsidize work. Not ideal but better than subsidizing unemployment.
>>
>>75809983
Its not about being poor. It's about living within your means. It's not a problem how much money is being made, there's a cultural problem where people think they deserve more than they're worth or they can live a lifestyle that they can't afford. Anyone can go to college and try to get a better job. If you want to make more money you need to work more, build some skills, or become qualified to do something that makes companies want you. Just raising minimum wage or something isn't the answer. Inspire people to be something greater than just minimum wage.
>>
>>75809983
>That's just blaming poor people for being poor.
Poor isn't a terminal condition. You can beat it!
>>
>>75809636

Stop having kids you can't afford.

Simple.
>>
>>75809636
A negative income tax would stream line the bureaucracy involved in administering all the programs that fight poverty, and eliminate the need for social security.

More efficient
>>
>>75809983
Also you can't just reduce the argument to absurd statements like "victim blaming." You sound like you are shilling and not actually thinking about the issue.
>>
>>75810564
Negative income taxes are basically universal basic income. Removing the incentive to work one lazy idiot at a time.
>>
>>75809636
in a diverse nation you can only help by forcefully taking it from the population. the population does not like each other. the force of the government is the only reason there is any stability at all.

a community that actually likes each other won't have any problem caring for each other.
>>
>>75810275
>Anyone can go to college and try to get a better job
But that's not true. Going to college is extremely expensive and as we all know, it doesn't guarantee a high paying job (or any kind of job).

And keep in mind that I'd say most poor people aren't "living beyond their means." I think most are just born into poverty and have low economic mobility. Think Appalachians. They're certainly not living beyond their means. They live in squalor and are still poor as fuck.

>>75810141
>Poor people are a myth
Tell that to the millions of starving children in america, douchebag.
>>
File: REGULATIONS.jpg (51 KB, 555x427) Image search: [Google]
REGULATIONS.jpg
51 KB, 555x427
>>75809636
>can't support themselves

>pay 100$ a month for cell phones
>pay 100$ a month for tv and internet
>buy ipads and shit
> $25,000 dollar cars $10,000 minimum for something decent if used (Thanks Obama! cash for clunkers, what a great idea)
> $250,000 dollar house
> $100,000 dollars of college debt

Yeah no I don't believe poverty exists in the usa , all they have to do is make better decisions, and even if they are an endless cycle of debt they have more than anyone else in the world.

Besides no one has ever seen what unrestricted all out Capitalism can do in the modern world, and I think that is what Trump wants. (1000 years of coal energy we are doing nothing with for starters)
>>
>>75810737
You have to work to "earn" negative income tax. Minimum living wage is not labor dependent.

I believe negative income tax should depend on hours worked (ie part time and full time rates)
>>
>>75809636
Right now we have an out of control banking industry, a strong tendency towards third world style cartelism (the same clique controls everything, straddling public and private sectors), and inflation.
Controlling immigration by itself will weaken the bad guys and empower the good guys, before we even get to policy.
In policy we hurt the banks and break the cartel people.
Then we bring back manufacturing, the exodus of which was always a highly artificial scheme and not a natural fact or economic reality.
Then we alter divorce law.
>>
>>75810603
How is that helpful, though? All I can picture is you driving up to some fucked to death building in Appalachia and sticking your head out the window and going "Hey, I have the solution to poverty! Just don't have kids! I bet you feel silly now."

I understand the desire to put the burden of responsibility exclusively on the poor person, but in reality it's just not that simple

>>75810737
I don't think letting children starve just to be sure no one abuses the system is a measured response.
>>
>>75810737
it is a basic income, that's the idea, a basic income that doesn't require it's own specific administrator.

We already have SNAP, Social security, Sction 8, Welfare, and Various other govt. programs.

We already have basic income that eliminates the incentive to work, why not at least eliminate the incentive of our own Govt. to use the welfare state for political entrepreneurship?
>>
>>75811134
>I don't believe poverty exists in the usa
>Being this elitist
Fuck you. If you want to ignore suffering in your society because fox news told you they're all secretly rich, that's on you.
>>
>>75809636
Gotta get a better job.
>>
>>75811503
I have never seen anyone suffering in the USA

pic related, real suffering

Imagine if this kid had access to our luxury tier dumpsters, he would be living large.
>>
File: 1388896496598.gif (992 KB, 389x259) Image search: [Google]
1388896496598.gif
992 KB, 389x259
>>75811669
This has to be bait, there's no way
>>
People should be punished for trying to raise a family on such a meager salary.
>>
>>75811669
>pic related, real suffering
I know, it was born black.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.