[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Red pill me on the Great Leap Forward
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 400x276) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 400x276
What went wrong?
>>
Forcing all of the doctors and engineers to work on farms while forcing the farmers to become doctors and engineers certainly didn't help. There was a degradation of quality after that, as you may expect.
>>
honestly dont know what im talking about here but i wanna say niggers anyway
>>
>>75804832
It forced farmers to throw down their hoes and begin making pig iron in a attempt to best the output of Western nations. That, and a bad crop harvest, resulted in millions of deaths. Mao refused to accept that fact and went on with it until the excess Chinese were dead.
>>
>>75804832
Destruction of culture and heritage, complete imbalance of the market, forced labor, throwing people with different professions into jobs they weren't qualified for, brainwashing of an entire generation, etc.
>>
Probably the part where the central government asked villagers to turn in their farming equipment to be melted down and used at military factories. And not supplying said farmers with anything else to use. If they were lucky, towards the end of the period a single village might have gotten a tractor to share. Oh, and they were expected to increase crop production during this time, too.
>>
>>75804832
they started with an impossible goal and then did everything they could to make it even more impossible
>>
>>75804920
That was the Cultural Revolution, but yes indeed.
>>
>>75805026
There was also this
>The four pests to be eliminated were rats, flies, mosquitoes, and sparrows.[1] The extermination of the last upset the ecological balance, and enabled crop-eating insects to proliferate.
>>
File: SC.jpg (18 KB, 316x421) Image search: [Google]
SC.jpg
18 KB, 316x421
>>75804832
>Crazy Mao decides middle class and Chinese culture hold back the proletariat from true gommunism
>Perseecute/kill those not classed as peasants
>Demand industrial advances at same time
>Millions of Chinese die
>???
>Macau and Hong Kong profit
>>
A complete disregard for the laws of economics
>>
File: 1463846173007.jpg (24 KB, 303x566) Image search: [Google]
1463846173007.jpg
24 KB, 303x566
>>75804832
literally everything went wrong
>Get entire agricultural population to hand in their farming equipment. Produce low grade alloy which was brittle and unusable. Peasants starve en masse
>Have 11 year old doctors and government officials because le equality
>Try to eradicate sparrows, rats and grasshoppers and destabilise the entire ecosystem and cause 2nd famine
>run your regime with such an iron fist that nobody tells you the truth, fail to report under-production of food out of fear - starve again

Mao was a fucking dumbcunt. he actually tried to make everyone in china jump up and down at the same time to cause an earthquake in America. mfw
>>
>>75805794
What caused China to develop like it did? Chinese people are actually really retarded it's amazing they're as advanced as they are
>>
>>75805988
>Chinese people are actually really retarded
Yep. I think we're biased in the West because we see the doctors, engineers, professors, etc. (basically the brightest) and form our opinion of the whole country on those who got out. I'm constantly amazed at the sheer number of literal mouthbreathing retards in China.
>>
>>75806245
This, we probably only get the decent ones here
>>
>>75804832
I've read a little about this.

Approximately 37 million people starved to death during the great leap forward.

The communists began in the late 50's by collectivizing all of the farms. They brought people together on to large plots of land, had them live in dormitories together, and had them all eat in a common building. All of their personal belongings were confiscated.

The communists believed or claimed to believe that this would cause production to skyrocket. Crop yields were projected to be 5-10 times higher than in the past, as a result of collectivization. For propaganda value, and to attract the praise of party overlords, local party officials started to pull crazy stunts, like making huge bushels of rice densely packed so that people could stand on top of them, and pretending that the densely packed rice had grown in place just like that. Collectivization was purported to have positively magical benefits.

When the communist party came to collect taxes, they collected something like 10 or 15% of the expected crop yield. In most places, this left absolutely nothing behind. Entire communities were accused of hoarding rice because the total harvest was in some places only half of what the communists thought there ought to be available for taxes.

They started shaking down the people for grain. People were beaten and killed in struggle sessions. Communist cadres in the countryside hoarded grain for themselves, often trading sex for food with the farmer's starving wives and daughters. There was cannibalism. Millions died.

The stolen grain was used to buy Soviet machinery, which was seen as a necessity for Chinese development by the communist leadership. People in the cities never had a shortage of grain.

In my opinion, it was the cynical enslavement and liquidation of a huge segment of the rural population to fuel industrialization in the cities. Stories about falsified production numbers only serve to cover for the communist leadership's evil.
>>
>>75805988
Chinese people are retarded because Mao executed al the smart ones and burned all the books to prevent anyone else from getting smart.
China would be on the level of Japan if not for that fuckwit; the Han Chinese are not a fundamentally stupid race.
>>
>>75806592
good post
i hope OP sees it
>>
>>75804832
Destroying a country's history and culture.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.