[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unpopular opinion on hate speech
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
File: 1-2-hate-speech-free-speech.jpg (146 KB, 1207x907) Image search: [Google]
1-2-hate-speech-free-speech.jpg
146 KB, 1207x907
I am a Canadian that supports our hate speech legislation. Unless you are yelling "nigger nigger" at people on the street or saying "gas the jews, gas the jews" in public, these laws will have no effect on your life.

Out of the millions and millions of people in Canada that have lived and died, only a small handful of people have ever been affected by these laws. They are only reserved for hateful speech that leads to violence and only in severe cases. Inciting hate towards others was never your right Canada and never will be and unless you are a hater you do not need to worry about these laws.
>>
>>75796820
In that case, yelling "FUCK WHITE PEOPLE" at people on the street should also be considered hate speech.
>>
Define hate speech.
>>
>>75796908
it is.
>>
Do the idiots who pass these laws ever think about what will happen when a right wing government gets elected and has access to these laws?
>>
File: image.jpg (171 KB, 742x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
171 KB, 742x960
>>75796820
You know what's more destructive to society than hate speech? Multiculturalism.
>>
>>75796954
it's not that easy, and it's why it's treated on a case by case basis. there is no one clear uniform policy of what hate speech is other then INTENT.

This is why HATE SPEECH is treated as more severe then other crimes. It's about implications, 100% of the time.
>>
>>75796820

>I am a Canadian that supports our hate speech legislation. Unless you are yelling "nigger nigger" at people on the street or saying "gas the jews, gas the jews" in public

Slipperly slope, much?

First thing you ban hate speech on public grounds, ok whats next? intervention at a groups private meeting because you or someone interpret it as hate speech? Whats next banning free speech havens like /pol/

You dont need to ban hate speech to maintain order in public.
>>
>Every time hate speech is permitted it costs someone a part of his or her self

intangible bullshit

Why can't people understand that free speech is all or nothing? Free speech doesn't mean "this is the speech that you are free to speak and that is the speech you are not free to speak"
>>
>>75796954
googled WHAT IS HATE SPEECH:

Hate speech is speech that offends, threatens, or insults groups, based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or other traits.
>>
>>75796820
Syrup niggers like you should be gassed.
>>
>>75797238
FREE SPEECH ISN'T YELLING FIRE IN A PACKED THEATER.

It's as simple and complicated as that.
>>
File: LetMeGasYou.png (372 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
LetMeGasYou.png
372 KB, 576x432
Nice try Justin.

The problem with hate speech laws is that they aren't used to stop hate speech, they're only used to suppress people who disagree with those in power.

Tell me, when was the last time that Islamic extremists in my shit hole were ever arrested due to hate-speech laws?

It's extremely fucking rare, if at all.

Hate-speech is just used as a gag to prevent people from voicing dissenting opinions.

Talk about reducing immigration online?
Straight to the tower of London to have you castrated.

Censoring hate-speech would be great, believe me it would. But the fact of the matter is, the law doesn't 'magically only stop hate-speech', you have to remember who enforces it.
Why bother enforcing hate-speech laws on people who aren't causing you a problem? That's a waste of time.
Use hate-speech laws to silence those who question your authority.

Hate-speech laws are functional in theory, but in practice, only work to chastise you
>>
>>75796820
Yes, because it truly is words that cause the most damage. This is why most crimes are carried out with harsh opinions rather than weapons.

Literally the only fucking speech that needs to be protected is speech that other people don't like. This includes hate speech. Why the fuck should any government have the right to regulate how I think or what I say? I'm not allowed to voice my fucking opinions now?

What's the metric for hate speech? Is it just speech that any particular group doesn't like? Because if that's the case, then it should be illegal in all countries with hate speech laws to draw Muhammed, because that incites violence-- usually against the person drawing it.

This shit is so backward, and so are you for agreeing with it.
>>
I guarantee there are probably only under ten Canadians that have gone to jail for hate speech. People are really acting like it's a big deal but the odds of you going to jail for violating hate speech laws is less likely than being struck by lightning.
>>
>>75797304
The dissenting judge on that case was correct. We should reverse that decision.
>>
>I am a Canadian

Stopped reading
>>
>>75797352
So that makes it okay? There are already laws that cover the implications of hate speech without outright banning it; inciting riots or disturbing the peace, for example.
>>
>>75797318
Give me an example, instead of the anecdotal opinion. It generally defends the minorities, and is done on a case by case basis so how can it be as systematic as you are implying? At that juncture you have to admit that every single representative of the entire legal system is corrupt and mind controlled by a single entity.

Can't stand up for the underdog or else you're suppressing people in power???
>>
>>75797022
Really. Go to downtown multicultural London's Trafalgar Square and do that. Then do it with "niggers".
>>
>>75797327
I didn't know the first amendment existed to only protect "nice speech"
>>
Anyone shouting GAS THE JEWS randomly in public is going to do it anyway

Only a worthless, retarded Leaf poster would see it as anything more than stripping you of your right to express yourself.

A literal piece of human garbage aka the leaf poster FULLY SUPPORTS trannies walking around in thongs and going into children's bathrooms but surprise the surprise they draw the line at someone potencially saying "gas the jews"

How did leftists/leaf posters become so cucked by the jews? Just low IQs ?
>>
>>75797385
but we CAN yell fire in a packed theater. doesn't mean we should. free speech in it's essence is about acting like an adult, with empathy.
>>
>>75796820
Until they change the law so it fits their worldview, or change some definitions and fuck over free speech. Why the fuck would you legislate something so easily abused, and something so threatening that it destroys free speech due to certain terms being no longer allowed
How can you discuss something like races if you can go to jail for saying a wrong word. It might not happen in the very beginning but such a rule can easily slip.

>>75797152
>not that easy
that just makes it completely retarded, yes the intent to insult a person directly is bad, but to not allow for a solid definition of a crime is idiotic and is way too easily abused. Universities indoctrinate judges, and they will judge the ones whom they are told are bad and suppress their free opinion, effectively destroying free speech and free discussion

your reasoning is that others will be reasonable, you're simply naive
>>
>>75797152
>it's not that easy
That's the point, you stupid fucking cuck
>>
File: ohwha.png (17 KB, 462x545) Image search: [Google]
ohwha.png
17 KB, 462x545
I love hate speech. I'm not going to dance around and pretend hate speech is an unfortunate side effect of free expression. The ability to call someone a Cum-slurping nigger faggot is a human right.

And I love it.
>>
>>75796820
hate speech censore ship is the new book burning prove me wring
pro tip: [spoiler]you can't[/spoiler]
>>
>>75797575
>with empathy
>in the context of words

NO
IT'S CALLED FREE SPEECH
YOU COMMUNIST FAGGOT
>>
File: 1413101313911.gif (729 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
1413101313911.gif
729 KB, 267x200
>>75797251

>offends

>other traits

Gee that's not ambiguous at all
>>
Unless you are inciting hate and really are going downtown to yell "gas the jews" you really should have no issue with these laws. You would have to be retarded to do that. Listen, I support free speech just like all of you (within reason of course) so let's not act like hate speech is something good for a society.
>>
>>75797575
No it's not moron. Free speech is about expressing one's thoughts without ridicule. It has nothing to do with your feel good BULLSHIT that you tie onto everything because you're a canuck faggot.
>>
>>75797251
>offends
>other traits
I'm Dutch, based on that trait I feel offended by 4Chinz, this site is literally per definition hate speech
>>
"C" is for Canada
"C" is also for Cuck

Coincidence? I think not, Cuck.
>>
>making any kind of speech illegal

What a fucking shame.

>"Oh yeah of course we have free speech! Well except for this tiny exception. But other than that free speech all the way! And then maybe just one other exception. Or was it two? You know.. just a few things but in general we enjoy free speech laws. Mostly."

The moment there is even a single exception free spech is no longer there. What if there are a dozen tiny exceptions? What if there are a hundred? Who says what's illegal to say and on what basis?

Hate speech isn't a problem either because it regulates itself via society. A person who walks around spewing the most horrible shit will become an outcast real fucking fast. Except for the circles where they already talk like that among each other.
>>
>>75797489
>Give me an example, instead of the anecdotal opinion

Are you fucking stupid or have you never read about government histories.
>>
>>75797251
And you're okay with that.

>W E W
>E
>W
>>
>>75797552
nigger is a slur, fuck white people isn't.

HATE SPEECH isn't about content either, it's about intent. You're confusing constitutional crimes the same as normal crimes. It's about implications, I can say nigger till i am red in teh face anywhere i fucking want, it's only if people think I mean it. It's not like Demolishion man that if you swear you get a violation. This is why you usually see works of art like Eminem and Leonard Cohen come up with incitement of hate speech, and it's then asked "WHAT WAS THEIR INTENT" not "WHAT DID THE MUTHA FUCKA SAYZ?"
>>
>>75797251
>>75797152
>>75797741
How, literally how can you stand for something so. retardedly defined
>>
>>75796820
A FUCKING LEAF!
>>
>>75797757
>his president is black
>>
>>75796820

A

FUCKING

LEAF
>>
>>75796820
That pic also applies to anyone that disagrees with me so it should be illegal for anyone and everyone to disagree with me.
>>
>>75797489
>Can't stand up for the underdog or else you're suppressing people in power???

Standing up for the underdog doesn't equal putting them in jail for hurting their feels.
>>
>>75797489

College marxists all over constantly spouting shit online about 'white people' and 'decolonisation.'

Despite racial scapegoating, nothing is ever done about these people.

What exactly are minorities protected from?
Why shouldn't EVERYONE be protected, why just minorities?

The only time the 'underdog' is protected is when it can be used a leverage to silence the unwanted opinions of others.

It's not about all the legal system being corrupt. Even if a small portion of it is corrupt, hate speech laws can be abused.
>>
>>75797575
The US does actually have some unfortunate limitations on speech although they are rarely used.

According to Schenck v. United States,

>A unanimous Supreme Court, in an opinion by Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr., concluded that defendants who distributed leaflets to draft-age men, urging resistance to induction, could be convicted of an attempt to obstruct the draft, a criminal offense.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schenck_v._United_States

Here's another case,

> Justice John Hessin Clarke in an opinion for the majority held that the defendants' intent to hinder war production could be inferred from their words, and that Congress had determined such expressions posed an imminent danger. Their conviction was accordingly warranted under the "clear-and-present-danger" standard, derived from the common law and announced in Schenck v. United States and companion cases earlier in 1919. Opinions for a unanimous Court in those cases were written by Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abrams_v._United_States
>>
>>75796820
being atheist is offensive against religious, so that should be considered hate speech when atheists tell religious there's no God. It should also be hate speech to teach we evolved, and hate speech to say women are equal to men because that's offensive to men.

Seriously

people just need to grow the fuck up and quit crying about everything.
>>
When will Canada finally be blocked from using /pol/
>>
>>75797835
Yes, and he hasn't passed any hate speech legislation.
>>
>>75796820

There is no such thing as 'Hate Speech'. There are only those that hate speech.
>>
>>75797251

Hate speech is harmless. It's just words, you gigantic faggot.
>>
>>75797022
Yeah, right.

>/s
>>
>>75797489
>ignoring the social implications of judges sentencing people to jail for certain opinions
>>
>>75796820
>saying "gas the jews, gas the jews" in public
If I yell "suck my dick" in public, how many would be sucking it? Just some food for thought.
>>
File: bait-patrick.png (81 KB, 312x302) Image search: [Google]
bait-patrick.png
81 KB, 312x302
>>75797810

Are you retarded?

nigger is CONTENT

fuck white people is INTENT

It's clear what the fucking intent is in the latter, the first is also clearly just content.

Is this bait?
>>
Governments are not supposed to be making arbitrary normative social policies without democratic input. Hate speech laws are so loosely defined they allow a government to control ideas and punish dissent. For example "I don't want my country flooded with islamic refugees" is not intended to incite hate, it is a preference on the political direction of a nation. Suppressing these statements is actual 1984 shit.
>>
Again, maybe your hate speech laws are more strict in Europe, but ours are pretty fair. I literally know nobody that has ever had any issues with hate speech violations. There seriously are probably ten cases at most in Canada since these laws have been enacted. They are only reserved for serious cases that do not produce anything productive in a free society. Inciting hatred is not to be tolerated in a free society.
>>
love speech is not free speech
>>
>>75796820
>mage I can yell "nigger nigger" at people on the street out of my car window and not get in trouble

Sucks to be you, leaf
>>
>>75796820
that pic is hate speech, what if it's a Xe, Hir, or Thon
>>
>>75797251
So, you could say that protesting for/against free healthcare could be hate speech because it discriminates against class and finances.

Or saying that you wish something would stop existing, such as welfare, it discriminates against the poor. By your logic, this is hate speech and thus a crime.
>>
>>75796820
>these laws will have no effect on your life.
They absolutely do, the law is so fucking lose that its political censorship

Have a dissenting opinions on transexual rights and shit and bathrooms? oops sorry someone got offended and thats hate speech

Have an opinion about crime statistics and demographics? you better walk on eggshells that shit is fucking potent
>>
>>75796820
Hate speech is one of the more interesting topics to probe, non-Americans especially.

How is separating hate speech from free speech any different from separating anti-government speech from free speech
All speech is free, or all of it's debatable. I prefer free across the board speech, otherwise it's just a loosely defined slippery slope.
>>
>>75797251
>Hate speech is speech that offends

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceS_jkKjIgo
>>
>>75796820
Then shut up and delete your comments, because they are hate speech.
>>
>>75796820
Also

Are you an atheist against islam? you're a fucking racist against a religion and you're promoting hate speech
>>
My Little Fuccboi Can't be this Cucked.
>>
>>75797152
>it's not that easy, and it's why it's treated on a case by case basis. there is no one clear uniform policy of what hate speech is other then INTENT.
>This is why HATE SPEECH is treated as more severe then other crimes. It's about implications, 100% of the time.

Let me ask you something. Lets say I call a gay man a faggot. He gets offended and calls it hate speech.

Now lets say the color blue offends me. You know I find it offensive, and yet you wear blue jeans around me anyway, telling me "too bad".

Now, both people here are offended to the same degree. Do you believe they should both face the same punishment as you would under hate speech laws.
>>
How about, you fucking pussy, let people settle their own shit? If I call a black guy a nigger, I expect he will try to hurt or kill me (because that's what niggers do). Why do you want the government that far up your fucking ass? Must be a faggot.
>>
>>75797770
no speech may be limited, except for certain contexts in which the lives of others may be at risk, such as calling fire in a public place, agree?
>>
>>75796820

Here's the definition of FREE for you

free
frē/Submit
adjective
not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes.
"I have no ambitions other than to have a happy life and be free"
not physically restrained, obstructed, or fixed; unimpeded.
"she lifted the cat free"
synonyms: unimpeded, unobstructed, unrestricted, unhampered, clear, open, unblocked
"the free flow of water"
adverb
without cost or payment.
"ladies were admitted free"
synonyms: without charge, free of charge, for nothing; More
SAILING
with the sheets eased.
verb
release from captivity, confinement, or slavery.
"they were freed from jail"
synonyms: release, set free, let go, liberate, discharge, deliver; More
>>
File: Islam-AnjemChoudaryDeclaration.jpg (84 KB, 800x767) Image search: [Google]
Islam-AnjemChoudaryDeclaration.jpg
84 KB, 800x767
Would OP consider this as hate speech?
>>
>>75797609
HATE SPEECH supersedes all other laws in north america. it is completely retarded if you think of it like normal crimes. it's technically worse.

It's not treated in court by judges but in tribunals separate then court systems since it doesn't follow traditional laws, since there is technically nothing illegal about hate speech and it's usually along the same lines of free speech, most cases look at works of art only because someone did the paper work to have the case made up.

it doesn't destroy free speech and as OP said, it rarely is shown as hate speech.

Basically HATE SPEECH tribunals come down to, are you expressing your opinion like a mature rational adult, if not then you punished. Most of the time it only has to do with permanent statements, like works of art. If it's temporary or unknown or can't be proven it can't be a hate crime. It's not like violation of normal laws. It's more like threats.

Free speech usually wins out.

Want proof.

Nigger.
>>
Here is a good question? Have any people on 4chan here ever been charged with hate speech? You guys hate all the time. See, this is all being blown out of proportion. Hate speech charges are really only reserved for the severe cases.
>>
>>75797710
You do not understand what free speech is. Free speech takes no criterion. It is outside government definition.
>>
>>75797810
when do you prove fucking intent faggot, I'll just say nah man didn't mean it like that and there you go, gone's your "intent"
>>
Also, opinions that offend other people (Black people have lower IQ's) don't necessarily have to be untrue, so "hate speech" can pretty much ban truthful statements, you fucking Syrupnigger.
>>
>>75796820
>They are only reserved for hateful speech that leads to violence and only in severe cases
So why not just try people for inciting violence, which is already a thing btw.
>>
>>75798352

>severe cases of delivering sentiments that other people don't appreciate

Go live on the moon.
>>
>>75796820
Your post is offensive to me. The Canadian FBI are on their way to your house. Enjoy prison.
>>
>>75797810
Fine then anon, yell that but instead of white people insert a slur from here
http://www.rsdb.org/race/whites
>>
>>75798305
You have an opinion about some gay rights or feminism or islam or what ever minority that isn't "I agree" you're promoting hate speech

thats how bad canada laws are
>>
>>75797304
Yelling "nigger" is not yelling fire in a packed theater

Saying "I greatly dislike mexicans and I don't want to live around them" is not conspiracy to commit genocide

hurting feelings =/= incinerating someone by malicious deception

Humans have the right to hate whatever or whoever they want. To disagree is too close to advocating legislation against thoughtcrime.

it is not as simple as that, as much as you want it to be you filthy leaf.
>>
>>75796820
No, fuck you.
>>
>Canadian lecturing on free speech

kek
>>
Every time someone says "nigger" somewhere a kitten dies.
>>
>>75798101
>it's
>it
>IT
OH NOW I'M FUCKING TRIGGERED YOU FUCKING GOY SHITLORD
>>
>>75798308
Agreed. Or like calling in a bomb threat and then claiming that you can say what you want because free speech. Of course things you say that have direct negative consequences have nothing to do with actual free spech.
>>
>>75797810
>nigger is a slur, fuck white people isn't.

I find the term white people offensive.

What now?
>>
A fucking leaf
>>
>>75796820
who do you put in charge of deciding what is 'hateful' OP? i sure would be skeptical of anyone who claimed that they had that sort of moral high ground. it's a bad system to have in place that is bound to be abused sooner or later. it's a shame when people already have free speech but are too gullible to keep it.
>>
>>75796820
Fair enough, you're Canadian. This subject of free speech is exclusive to US in this context.

However there are maniacal people also in Canada that think it's perfectly fine to insult a Caucasian person or exclude the, from a job opening I,e. Shitstorm with Buzzfeed shrill feminist a few months back. You aren't really making a point for free speech because you live in a country over run with the feels pods that have taken over any rational or logical person.
>>
>>75797810
So if it's all about intent, then you concede theres no difference between saying "fuck white people" and "fuck niggers"? The intent is exactly the same.
>>
>>75796820
And when they start making reporting the race/ethnicity/religion in the media "hate speech" what then?
>>
>>75796820
We don't enjoy the protection that Americans do. You might feel cozy as a drone who meekly goes with the status quo, but you have absolutely no protection to defend an unpopular view EVEN if it is true, as long as the bleeding hearts decide it's "hate speech" or "offensive."

Social justice warriors and the feminist manginas have given the government a perfect opportunity to further restrict dissent or discussion by making the public willingly accept censorship. While they piss and moan about trivial dogshit like "manspreading," the TPP agreement coasts into law and no one bats an eye. If someone could ever get away with it, they should cut one of those SJW's eyes out and leave them dead in their campus safe space for what they've done to our freedom.
>>
>>75797810
>fuck white people isn't.
SAYING CRACKER IS DEFINITELY A RACIAL HATE SLUR YOU FUCKING COGNITIVE DISSONANT RETARD
>>
File: now.jpg (2 MB, 3888x2592) Image search: [Google]
now.jpg
2 MB, 3888x2592
>>75796820
OK here mine

In the almost complete majority of cases guilt is not warranted as an emotional reaction

Almost certainly everyone you've ever harmed lacked integrity, even children whom accept what passes for parenting as love when it is not to any degree more than that of a dog

You can stop feeling guilty the second you accept that You too have had no integrity most your life and thus any fate nature tosses at you can not be whined about as if you were a victim.

Only those who are willing to put aside everything for Truth can have integrity and thus be victims.

Everything you loved falsely condemns you and everyone else to the Law of the Jungle, where ethics dare not tread.
>>
File: oh so NOW pride isn't okay.jpg (23 KB, 620x388) Image search: [Google]
oh so NOW pride isn't okay.jpg
23 KB, 620x388
>>75798002
this
>>75798020
>>75796820
sticks and stones may break your bones but being called nigger will never hurt you

an ACTUAL nigger on the other hand probably will at some point hurt you

BTW canada is the new france of the world
apparently froggy surrenderpants fled to cuckada during wwII
>>
>>75797022
Except the state does not care about saying "fuck white people" because it goes with the narrative.
>>
>>75798275
>>75798124
>>75798020
>>75797818
>>75797794
>>75797741

It has to offended for it to be hate speech because it's not like a speeding ticket that is issued out by police, but has to be by an offended party.

Like libel.

How is that hard to understand?

The bigger issues not talked about is the first thing they look at is duration. Is this temporary or permanent. So on a place like 4chan, it's all meaningless. It's a law that actually defends Free Speech, because it's only a hate crime if you can't articulate your opinion correctly like a mature adult.

If you have a controversial opinion, and you're spouting off like a fool, no one should support you, and worse yet if you threaten someone that misinterpreted your opinion because you don't have the senses to be an adult.

If you're a retarded down syndrome 5 year old that is shouting niggers, no Gestapo is going to take you away fro HATE SPEECH or charge your parents for crimes, unless it's shown the parent couldn't be an adult and raise the child with the ability to respect other people, in a sort of neglectful absentee parent way.

TL;DR HATE SPEECH usually only affects art, and is there to censor the fools that cannot be adults. We can call people niggers, if we do it correctly. But out of pure malice, what employer would hire you, let alone government not think of you as the next potential criminal. People that say nigger aren't running charities as much as lynching people.
>>
If you legislate HATE SPEECH "LAWS" it's a slippery slope after that.
You will see yourself commiting a crime for having "bad opinions" on the current government policy and saying them in public or any media.

So this is how we going to legislate it, if someone feels ofended by words to such extent that their person has suffered "damage" because it's a insult that goes against his/her honor, dignity,etc, then he or she could start a legal claim against the one who said "bad words repeadtly against him or her person".
>>
>>75797648
free speech is part of the communist ideals. empathy is a higher level of intelligence. Free speech only applies to adults, and is a right for adults. The only exception is when you hate people, that's stupid.
>>
File: imblygin.png (55 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
imblygin.png
55 KB, 500x500
>>75798968
all you've done is point out that government is corrupt and will do whatever they feel will keep them in office instead of what is right

the solution is less government not more
>>
>>75799098
No it doesn't

Have you even read the Canadian Hate speech laws? Its so fucking erroneous some can just yell "I'M OFFENDED" and suddenly you're under arrest for hate speech
>>
>>75799098
>It has to offended for it to be hate speech because it's not like a speeding ticket that is issued out by police, but has to be by an offended party.

Why are my fellow leafs so stupid?

You called me a goofball. I FIND THAT OFFENSIVE.

Uh oh, off to jail with you because you made an offensive slur towards me that I was very offended by.
>>
>>75797719
Free speech isn't about not being ridiculed. Ridicule is something that happens to anyone. Or else there would be no meta critic or rotten tomato.

Free speech is about intelligence. It's about being an adult. "without ridicule" is the "feel good bullshit" that you tied on.
Sorry when you grow up and learn the laws you'll know what I mean, till then keep trying.
>>
>>75799098
Government jailing people for words is bad practice, there's no bones about it. First its hate speech, then its inflammatory opinions, then its opposing views. It won't stop. It won't come all at once but it won't stop.
>>
A mentally ill tranny is allowed to walk around in assless chaps and talk/scream about getting his pp chopped off to/around a 3 year old boy because of free expression. But you are not allowed to say the jews caused the world wars to acquire Israel.

So sayeth the leaf
>>
>>75797757
nigger president... but yeah, enjoy your female president.
>>
>>75799098
I'm offended by your words, please jail this man Trudeau.
>>
>>75799239
>free speech is part of the communist ideals

Yes, clearly communism didn't kill any vocal dissenters, because they all were so protective of free speech.

Are you trolling or just retarded?
>>
File: CxAmMo4.jpg (76 KB, 554x494) Image search: [Google]
CxAmMo4.jpg
76 KB, 554x494
>>75797152
>the implication
>>
>>75796820
Just keep the fuck away from the US, faggot.
>>
>>75799109
pol LITERALLY has a list of fallacies at the top of the board you ignorant fucking spic

also there won't be any progression, people will start using it in that way immediately

we live in a litigious society where bitches will even abuse restraining orders to silence people
>>
>>75799239
>free speech is part of the communist ideals
that doesn't make any sense, communists hate descent

and what's wrong with hatred?

I don't understand how you can feel that less expression is better than more.

Even in the worst most biased cases, like shouting nigger, what is the actual result of someone yelling nigger aside from them just looking stupid? Someone might get offended? So what?
>>
>>75799597
just because something is a slippery slope doesn't mean its not true

You don't just shout "SLIPPERY SLOPE" and suddenly what ever your opponent said isn't true
>>
>>75796820
No. You're preventing progress from occurring by banning civil liberties. There are no exceptions to the rule. Sometimes black people are niggers, and white people are stingy bastards. The right to hate and criticize, two of the most important aspects of society are shut down by these laws.
>>
>>75798347
>words are literally worse than murders, terrorism, and rape
your first paragraph in a single sentence, and it sounds ridiculous.

>Tribunals end up filled with SJW's
>All is hate speech now
what you're going to do then faggot? As soon as the people are influenced enough to call something bad, your whole little paradise where your tribunal is filled with mature rational adults :^) falls apart, as they too will act based on their feelings and not on their rationality.

>Free speech usually...
>usually is acceptable
Free speech MUST ALWAYS WIN for the people to be free.

When does constitute a "mature rational adult (©2016)"? How do you prove maturity? Society dictates who are acceptable people, and we have quite a history about suppressing unwanted individuals, supressing thoughts, just like you're doing right now. "It'll be fine guys, we'll only take out the "immature and illogical ™©2016) adults :^^^)", how naive can you be? How arbitrary are those definitions? How easily can this turn from getting rid of nigger screamers (who are effectively already supressed by society), to getting rid of the dissenting opinion?
>>
>>75799369
you're telling people to grow up while simultaneously wanting the government to take action against people for saying mean things

maybe you should grow up? if you don't like what someone is saying, you could always, I don't know, ignore them and walk away?
>>
That's cool and all but you niggers know this is a b8 thread, right? It's not even convincing b8 desu
>>
>>75798072
Nigger is a slur. a slur is intent. intent is formed by context. When Dr.Dre says nigger it's not hate speech. When KKK say Nigger it's hate speech.

Because Dr.Dre isn't saying it as a slur, but artistic expression.

Fuck white people isn't intent either. or else the intent is to have sex with white people which... doesn't really imply hatred, like the hatred against black people that were forced into slavery...

"white people" isn't inciting hatred. "nigger" in it's purest form is out dated expesson that incites hatred into black people.

this is why it's not just a copy paste law that can be dissected in court by lawyers or juries. it's something that someone has to look into the actual context.

unlike most laws that is more important about WHAT hate crimes is about WHY.

you go over the speed limit it doesn't matter why.

you incite hate speech it only matters why.

that's the difference of content and intent.

if you don't understand the context of the word nigger then you really are to ignorant to understand the difference of constitutional crimes and regular crimes
>>
>>75799834
Like I dunno like um maybe you should not totally talk like a teenage girl? Um hello?
>>
>>75796820
>every time hate speech is permitted it costs someone part of his or her self
That's unquantifiable and meaningless
>part of their self-respect
Your self-respect can not be affected by the words of others, and if it can than you ought to let the speech thicken your skin you ninnie
>or part of their sanity
Yeah because of how many people have gone insane from being called a faggot
>>
File: canada-free-speech.png (797 KB, 1403x1022) Image search: [Google]
canada-free-speech.png
797 KB, 1403x1022
>>75799098
It's all about political silencing and killing the Bill of Rights you fuck-face.
>>
File: 1439109358108.jpg (24 KB, 400x401) Image search: [Google]
1439109358108.jpg
24 KB, 400x401
>>75797022
>>
>>75799740
it doesn't mean it won't happen but you can't directly assume cause and effect based on a slippery slope

you can hypothesize inb4 potential results but that's all it is

I'm just saying if you take slippery slope out of it and state that it will be a direct effect (which evidence DOES support) then you remove the chance for some dumb libcunt to yell slippery slope out
>>
>>75798399
this is why hate speech is usually focused on tangible examples, and not hear say. this is why hate speech is usually about artistic expressions.

It usually looks at the actual expression of the artists themselves. their live and they meaning of the art. it's more deep then just "hurr durr you saids a bad word"
>>
>>75800025
not an argument
>>
File: AsterickrubshandAsterick1.jpg (126 KB, 702x525) Image search: [Google]
AsterickrubshandAsterick1.jpg
126 KB, 702x525
>>75800070
>>
>>75798524
show me an example of someone being charged for a hate crime for yelling any slur, ever.
>>
>>75796820
Take every hateful thing ever said and put it on the list.

The existence of the list is far more dangerous and destructive than all those hateful things combined.
>>
>>75799975
So you're just naturally afraid of change and confronting controversial issues. So, instead of solving those issues, we're just not going to talk about them and hope they go away?

Inciting change is a fundamental part of democracy. The why can change at any point if you give the government too much power. Maybe if you lived under a regime which took away your right to criticize, you'd understand
>>
Hate speech laws are mostly to keep white from organizing against mass non white immigration.

Mass non white immigration equals cheap labor. Cheap labor equals big profits for the upper class. Thus, any criticism of non whites coming into the country in huge numbers is made illegal and harshly punished.

Can't upset the cheap labor apple cart now, can we?
>>
File: hate_speech.jpg (175 KB, 686x604) Image search: [Google]
hate_speech.jpg
175 KB, 686x604
Reminder that stating objective facts that the PC police deem offensive is a crime in Canada.

Thanks be to God I don't live in an Orwellian dystopia that literally embraces the concept of crimethink.
>>
>>75798647
find me a lawyer that will file it as a hate crime and he'll explain to you the fine art of HATE CRIMES in way that I can't.

He'll tell you, sorry you're offended, but there's nothing you can do.

He'd say the same thing if it was your "hear say" vs. his "Hear say" about saying the word NIGGER.

so sorry. even with witness, the most you could do would be get a restraining order. HATE SPEECH usually applies to artistic expression.
>>
>>75800201
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/10792895/Election-candidate-arrested-over-Churchill-speech.html
>>
>>75796820

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words are super evil and must be regulated.
>>
>>75799866
>posted by a leaf
>who might have actually voted for le weedman of multiculturalism, feminism, still burning fires and horrendously balanced budgets

To be fair, it's hard to tell with these leafs in 2016. Some of them actually think their Prime Minister is doing a good job and deserves high approval ratings.
>>
>>75796820
Freedom of expression trumps any offense taken and for actual damage there are already sound laws in place

Sticks and stones OP, you're the exact same kind of fool that believes gun control saves people from violent crime, homogenous and economically sufficient communities do that, there's no so-called hate speech among those
>>
>>75796954
Newspeak to censorship. It's a way to arrest your political enemies in the name of "the greater good"
>>
File: awfukman.jpg (73 KB, 631x600) Image search: [Google]
awfukman.jpg
73 KB, 631x600
>>75799975

Nigger is a word.

Nigger has to be used in context to be a slur, however even saying nigger when not in such context (E.G If I were to say "I heard Tom say Nigger" there was no 'victim' to that word, there was no target, but I would still be attacked for it).

>the intent is to have sex with white people
I see now I should have actually finished reading your post before starting to write my response.

This is so far beyond bait I can't believe I actually fell for it.

8/10 you got me.
>>
>>75797062
I can't imagine the shoah that would happen. It'd be happening teir.
>>
>>75799098
what the fuck constitues for a mature adult, such a meaningless fucking term.
why would duration matter, it has been said right, therefore for that moment, it is hate speech. Also your post offends me greatly. There you go, an offended party.
>threatening is considered a part of hate speech
are you absolutely retarded, there's already a fucking law for that

>no longer allowed to paint whatever you want, no longer allowed to share whatever emotion rises in you the moment you create that art, no longer allowed to actually create as you have to beg the gestapo to not consider your art hate speech
>>
>>75798738
Yeah, exact same intent. except niggers is a word spoken by domestic terrorist like the KKK and neo nazis on FBI most wanted list, and white people is just a generic phrase that links to no actual terrorist organization.

This is why if you post support for ISIS you can be charged with hate speech, and why the internet companies are moving to have this all removed.

do you get it, it's not about your guns or opinions, it's about terrorists.
>>
>>75796820
Except it's not like that. Say anything suggesting that Islam isn't a religion of peace, or that trannies aren't disgusting, and you get a ticket, or even thrown in jail.
>>
Internet is hate speech. Ban the internet, Trudeau.
>>
>>75798865
cracker might be.

but i didn't say cracker. you're the first person to bring it up you mentally incompetent idiot.
>>
>>75799975
Let me propose an alternitive. Hate Speech doesnt exist. The only kinds of speech that can be limited are libel/slander aka lying about people and damaging thier public perception and speech which incites violence.

Hate speech is a made up word to try and limit words and view points and supress freedom of thought. Have you ever considered that one of the reasons we dont execute people who disagree with us is because we have a tolerance for radical view points.

If you over limit free speech you are going to encourage violence because people will be oversenticized to anything that russles thier jimmies
>>
>>75796820
Yelling "Nigger nigger" does nothing but make some people butthurt.

The free speech ends the second it becomes a call to action.
Yelling nigger in a theater might get you kicked out for being a loudmouth, but thats about it.
Yelling FIRE FIRE doesn't fall under free speech because you're calling for the immediate panic of everyone in the room to run for their lives, ironically, putting everyone in a dangerous position.

If you FORCE people to not say mean things, its only going to fester and boil, manifesting in underground groups and people who feel completely trapped in an insane world they have no control over and completely snap and go full samson option.

Go fuck yourself, Syrupnigger.
>>
>>75797876
no, but people don't get into jail for hurting people's feelings.

they go to jail for being supporters of domestic terrorists.

HATE SPEECH right now is more about ISIS supporters.
>>
tldr: you are retarded and believe that your already enough fascist laws need to step up until freedom is banned word
>>
>>75799369
Ridicule IS hate speech
You can't ridicule or laugh at someone anymore, he'll call hate speech and say he's offended. You can't do anything about that
>>
>>75800146
Do you not see how trusting the government to interpret that might cause some abuses on the new found power?
>>
File: tacobelltarget.jpg (951 KB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
tacobelltarget.jpg
951 KB, 2000x1500
>>75796820
>making laws against hurty feelings
>defining what causes hurty feelings case by case
What could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>75797947
but the thing is it's not about shouting words as much as actual publications.

almost 99% of the time HATE SPEECH is about publications.
>>
>>75800554
It stops criticism of the cheap labor scheme that is mass non white immigration.

If those immigrants had to be paid fair wages they Elite Class would not bother importing them.

In your heart you will see this before you realize it.

There is no cheap labor without mass non white immigration.
>>
>>75800706
>hate speech is about isis supporters

Ah, the classic liberal tactic; make everyone who disagrees with you the "big bad guy".
>>
>>75800554
>except niggers is a word spoken by domestic terrorist like the KKK and neo nazis on FBI most wanted list

These organizations have been outed as government controlled opposition. They are a boogeyman set up to fool schmucks like you into thinking that the "moral causes" of the 60s are still alive and kicking. The cause is dead. Racism is dead. George Lincoln Rockwell is dead and so is old America.

Public shaming and name calling is losing its power and those who wish to control speech are going to increasingly find that people refuse to have a boot on their throat just for holding the wrong opinions.
>>
>>75796820
You will NEVER, EVER be Australia.
>>
>>75796820
I wounder if they will ever realize that "hate speech" exists only because people don't like them and mean it.
But I guess you don't have to like something if there is no choice.
>>
>>75800812
Charging people for publishing words is disgusting and anti-freedom of speech.
>>
>>75797251
>Speech that offends
How about stop sucking government dick and grow a fucking pair faggot

I'm not being ironic. I genuinely think you are a faggot, who enjoy government penis and balls in his mouth, and believe you should grow a fucking pair instead of crying every time somebody said something mean. What the fuck is the national mental age of Canada, 4?
>>
>>75800913
>>
>>75800554
So if I decided that the word "cabbage" was really offensive and got a petition of a million people to make it illegal to say the word cabbage should we?

by your policy things that are perceived as harmful or offensive can be targeted. Fuck the people who say thats ridiculous, people SAY theyre being terrorized
>>
>>75796820
I'll yell gas the Jews whenever I damn please. Please stop me.
>>
>>75800812
Fuckin open your eyes already leaf, have never studied history? The banning of ideas justified because muh white guilt? pretty soon the left will be burning books in the street
>>
>>75796820
>Unless you are yelling "nigger nigger" at people on the street or saying "gas the jews, gas the jews" in public, these laws will have no effect on your life.
If you are so quick to portray these examples as crazy people in the street, then why do you take them so seriously? Do you think random nigger-nigger guy will somehow start a cultural revolution?
No, it's just the hurt feelings police wanting to put people in jail for moving their lips a certain way or typing a bad word with their fingers.
Hate speech is free speech.
>>
File: 1450058371987.jpg (230 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1450058371987.jpg
230 KB, 720x540
>>75800703

You do know that yelling fire was equated with anti war protesting and was the justification used to throw anti WWI protesters in the USA in jail right?

Do you think if someone warns people about a potential action which the government declares to be the correct action should be thrown in jail for spreading false (because the government said so) information?

Is that actually your stance?
>>
>>75797959
Ironically the same laws that protect free speech and hate speech is also the same that protect freedom of religion and supercede every other law.

It's interesting that religion can be hate speech, and it actually crosses the line of hate speech and free speech. this why mein kampf isn't considered hate speech. only people can violate it.

To teach evolution ins't hate speech, but the teacher can be inciting hatred if he teaches evolution in a way that is offensive to religion.

but usually the teachers don't ever mention religion so it's not. It's the religious people that ask about religion like GOD IS NOT DEAD movie makes it seem like it is.

No teacher talks about religion ever, because then it's violation of hate speech.

Religion needs to no longer be protected by free speech, is the bigger problem.
>>
>>75800146
>>>75798399 (You)
>usually
>certain forms of expressing your emotions is no longer allowed now, you better not feel those emotions, your emotions are bad, other's emotions are good
>>
>>75798005
the people that hate speech, ironically are the ones CHARGED with hate speech. the others that don't get convicted, they know how to speak properly.
>>
>>75800812
Most of the time publishers self censor.

Also the more laws you make the more people are going to start asking themselves "will I get sued for saying/writing this?" Then they stop doing what might get them in trouble even if it wouldnt

This is literally the first rule of running an authoritarian country. Ambiguity so that people live in fear.
>>
>>75796820
>Inciting hate towards others
Ironically laws that stop people from saying what's on their mind incites hatred. Personally I'd much rather have everyone running around the streets yelling nigger jew faggot kike potatoes than actually taking action.
>>
>>75801278
>they know how to speak properly.

Who are you to define for others what speech is "proper"? The gall of you people astounds me. Are you really so morally justified that you think you can define what speech is criminal?
>>
>>75800582
>>75796820
You may have the best intentions, but they're as naive as communism and simply, as other LEAF stated, will not work the way you wanted them to work in real life.
>>
>>75800402
>"hear say" vs. his "Hear say"

"hear say?" lol, ok, you must be 12.
>>
Hate Speech is Free Speech.

Restricted speech is by definition not free speech.

Saying nigger should not be a legally punishable offence anymore than saying "I don't believe in God" or "I believe men should be able to have sex with each other" or "white people are the devil".

We have hate speech laws here. The most recent case it was used for was fining several university students hundreds of thousands of dollars after one of them criticized a teachers aide who asked him to leave a computer lab becauase he was white and black students did not want him in their presence. The other students who were slapped with charges were people who clicked "like" in response to his facebook post that stated he felt discriminated against.

Is that the sort of shit you want in your society?
>>
>>75801278
No one should be criminally charged for saying things. (unless it incites violence or is libel). Thats the problem with making rules. They dont get implemented correctly and people live in fear of being a victim for thinking the wrong things
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 300x168
>>75801278
>They know how to speak properly
>>
>>75801297
Not only that, but the random nigger-nigger guy who is a walking strawman is suddenly empowered enough to believe shouting nigger on the street is a revolutionary act.

If libshits had any sense, they'd devote their energy to rendering "hate speech" irrelevant and a joke. The same way I someday hope to render socialist narratives toothless and impotent.
>>
>>75801218
Thats not what I said at all.
I'm talking immediate call to action, not "hey we aught to something or other these sandies in iraq or iran or whatever at some point, amirite?"

I don't quite follow your thread of logic how you think I think that might be a good idea.
Its not like that stops the media by any stretch anyway.
>>
File: twitter.jpg (1 MB, 1180x4133) Image search: [Google]
twitter.jpg
1 MB, 1180x4133
>>75800388
>>
>>75797022

Nope.

Hate Speech Laws are designed to protect oppressed or marginalized people.

Like "reverse racism", hate speech cannot be directed at whites as they enjoy a privileged status.
>>
>>75801218
Most people don't actually know that. Also fuck those supreme court rulings.
>>
>>75800554
>This is why if you post support for ISIS you can be charged with hate speech, and why the internet companies are moving to have this all removed.

Irrelevant & not an argument.
>>
>>75801283
there isn't a bunch of laws about this. there's only one. only publish controversial opinions if it's done in a mature and adult way. else don't talk about things you're clearly ignorant of.

the only real problem is religion because you can talk about religion and still be seen as a mature adult.

HATE SPEECH is the only law that really says you have to be an adult to do this. You can be a white supremacist, abortionist, communist, as long as you are not approving of criminal activities. You can say FUCK NIGGERS, but you can't incite the murder of ANYONE. to publish the phrase "WE SHOULD KILL ALL THE NIGGERS" is as dumb as saying to someone "I AM GOING TO KILL YOU"

that's a crime, saying "YOU BETTER WATCH YOURSELF OR ELSE" isn't.

a threat is literally the context of a few words.

that is what hate speech is.

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A THREAT AND AN IMPLICATION. ADULTS CANNOT CONDONE CRIMINAL ACTIVITES.

ISIS DOES THAT. THAT'S WHAT THE BIG CONCERN OVER FREE SPEECH IS ABOUT!!!!!!

FOR FUCK SAKEs

DO YOU GET IT NOW?
>>
>>75796820
Fine I'll take the bait.

You do know that Canada ruled that truth can be hate speech, right?

In Belarus saying "Gypsies are equal to you and me" is hate speech.

You get what I am saying?

Hate speech is just speech some cuck somewhere is getting his fee fees hurtled by.
>>
>>75801512
Listen to your southern sister leaf. This aussie is right, the point of free speech is creating an open society. An open society doesnt lynch people for saying things that people disagree with. The most offensive voices are the ones most in need of protection
>>
>>75796820
canada flag sage
>>
>>75801297
This is an important issue. For every person who is silenced, a potential shooter is born. History has seen incredible cruelty dished out by europeans and the potential shoah incoming is going to be astronomical if they keep pushing. What will happen when white, working class dads are forced to defend their homes from crowds of dindus because they're being incited by institutions to "take back what's right"?

We are headed for massacres.
>>
>>75801496
inciting the act of crimes is not proper. anything else or the artistic expression of crimes is allowed.

it's seems simple but a lot of the time HATE SPEECH comes down to interpreting art, not really the content.
>>
FREE TERRANCE AND PHILLIP and suck my maple syrup canadian niggers
>>
>>75801510
oops, ya, well, I am not a lawyer, I am artist. That's why I know about HATE SPEECH. I am not a writer I am muscian, so obviously misspelled a single word, I must be over half my age.

lol, ok, you must be sherlock holmes.
>>
>>75796820

Moron.

Read about the Zundel trial. "The truth is no defense".

If you support this you are a fucking idiot.

Get out of /pol now, and don't come back.
>>
>>75801749
>inciting the act of crimes is not proper.

I was not asking for the explanation of the method for which speech is criminalized. I am asking how you, personally, can feel justified in silencing the voices of people. Is it moral superiority? Is it misinformation? What is your basis for your support of legislation designed to crush dissent?
>>
>>75796820
Sticks and stones may break my bones but words truly hurt me. Fuck off cuckadian faggot.
>>
>>75801517
no one is criminally charged for saying things. hate speech is about inciting people to criminal actions.

IE: ISIS
>>
>>75801535
no one is criminally charged for saying things. hate speech is about inciting people to criminal actions.

IE: ISIS
>>
>>75796820
>Unless you are yelling "nigger nigger" at people on the street or saying "gas the jews, gas the jews" in public, these laws will have no effect on your life.
Until they do. Just wait until the day "I think we should have lower annual immigration" is legally deemed hate speech and outlawed. A significant portion of the left already considers such a sentence hate speech.
>>
>>75797152
What a shame it is then that the prosecution also tries to define what your intent is.
>>
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 497x427) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 497x427
>>75796820
>I support free speech, but...

But you're a faggot. We get it.
>>
>>75801665
makes sense
>>
>>75797648
>ping!
>>
>>75801857
You forgot to mention you're also a faggot.
>>
>>75801930
>>75801956
What ISIS says should not be punishable. The actions they take to back up their words should be. Due to the fact that they've taken actions, their words are taken a tad more seriously than Cletus saying he wishes he could lynch niggers.
>>
>>75801667
but yelling fire could cause physical harm to people as they try to evacuate a building. not support a war could cause the collapse of an entire country.

I still think the WW were important.
>>
>>75797304
Imminent threat.

That is the biggest difference between a real crime and a hate crime.

Yelling fire in a theatre causes panic that can injure a person, that panic is well known and anyone who does yell fire (over the age of 8) is assumed to know this, and thus their words pose a clear and present threat to everyone in the theatre.

If I am holding a knife and yell "I'm going to fucking murder you" to a random stranger, that is not free speach as it poses a clear and present threat.

Yelling "nigger" on the side of the road or "go home pajeet" do not provide basis for the idea of bodily harm, and thus should not be prosecutable by a government body.

This is fucking law 101, I have no idea how you leafs managed to fuck it up so much. Your bill 59 or whatever the fuck it is that provides the framework to injuct people BEFORE they commit a hate crime is absolutely unbelievable.
>>
>>75796820
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzaB8MV8qDg
>>
>>75801674
Canuck you have lives in the coziest most war most nigger free environment on Earth. The only people in the west foolish enough to make into law "the don't say anything to disrupt the state" act are people who haven't been exposed to the reality of the world. There are times when violence is justified, and there are times when a government becomes too corrupt so that they will abuse this seemingly nonchalant and reasonable act. They'll tell you it's about stopping violence, but it's really about stopping you from questioning authority and your community.

I'm guessing you've never read much John Locke. The world isn't a safe space faggot.
>>
>make a joke in canada about killing the kid from the make a wish foundation who didn't die
>get dragged into $100k court battle
>may have to pay $80k to kids family

ahahahhahah fucking cnadad hahaha

http://www.therebel.media/comedian_mike_ward_180_000
>>
>>75801671
hate speech is inciting criminal activities. It's not the same as "internet bullying" by saying mean words to people. that's not hate speech, technically. I mean it should be.

obviously it isn't.
>>
>>75797203
The 'slippery slope' argument really is overused and has no evidence supporting it. Just hypothetical nonsense that people use when they can't find a fault in something they dislike.
>>
>>75801674
>A single law will make it all fine guys
>This ambiguous law which has been abused before in many different countries will definitely work here
>Religion is a problem in society
>You can totally be yourself senpai, you just need to always be able to absolutely be completely right or you're going down
>hur dur isis
??
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKZhtdZ5gp0
>>
>>75801674
Ive been blessed with a responce with the leaf...

well youre talking about inciting violence which is never been a protected part of free speech. Hate speech is about offensive speech, where it goes off track is when people "feel" endangered by a "hostile environment". Hate speech isnt real, its just speech (and the people) that people (liberals) dont want to hear.
Hate speech is a buzzword.
Inciting violence is what the FBI gets you for not disagreeing with feminists and negros like the law is implemented by the fruit cakes.
>>
>>75802179
>yelling fire could cause physical harm to people as they try to evacuate a building
This is just a metaphor and also it never really happens. Simply yelling fire isn't going to cause a stampede of people. That's just not how we work.

>not support a war could cause the collapse of an entire country
No fuck you. People should have the right to bitch about any war regardless of its perceived justness.
>>
>>75801956
Sometimes criminal actions are justified dumbass that's the entire issue at stake here. When the government violates the social contract against me, I get to commit crime. It's not a one way street.
>>
>>75801641
Russbro, can you guys annex Canada and straighten them out? I'm nervous about having a nascent Soviet Republic to the north.
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 699x637) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 699x637
>>75799975
*autistic expression
>fixed

Do you seriously buy into that cultural Marxist horseshit, or is this just some try-hard, Grade A, USDA approved, prime selection of bait?
>>
>>75796820
An I'm a westerner who supports independence

We no longer want you fucks controlling us.

Also how's the 50,000,000,000 in "equalization" payments you've stolen from us

I swear if Justin sets foot in my fucking town he's getting a .50 through his fucking skull
>>
>>75801734

I will add to this, that like my fellow Australian, I'm not even opposed to non-obscenity restrictions on speech to a certain extent like fraud, libel or even incitement - even if that is a slippery slope.

But we all know the truth of these laws.

>Be white Australian

>Say you don't want Shariah Law practiced in your country

>"HAAAAATE SPEEEEECH!"

>Be Muslim migrant in Australia

>Literally tell your followers to rape and slaughter the unbelievers

>Legally protected cultural exchange

We have a "Festival Of Dangerous Ideas" here. It's the sort of lefty circle jerk that wouldn't touch Milo's college tour speeches with a ten foot pole because that's "giving a platform to extremists".

Meanwhile they'll invite Muslim speakers who defend burning and stoning executions of women because honor killings are Muh Culture.
>>
>>75797770

>already talk like that among each other
>/pol/
>>
>>75802283
>oh but talking over the interwebs is just mean words guys :^) so that is cool
>>
>>75802293
>The 'slippery slope' argument really is overused
Nice b80 m80
>>
>>75797251
>wah wah im offended
Im a proud beaner, and if other people like me are offended, they are just pansees
grow the fuck up syrupnigger
>>
When in the flying fuck did /pol/ turn gay?

Turn around for one minute and this board is filled with cucks and fags.

It's officially over.
>>
>>75796820
>I am a Canadian
Stopped reading right there senpai.
>>
>>75802283

Apparently simply disagreeing with feminists on twitter is enough to get you jailed in Canada (I'd tease you but it's also illegal here too).
>>
>>75796820
Fuck off Nazi.
>>
File: feminism.jpg (185 KB, 1099x566) Image search: [Google]
feminism.jpg
185 KB, 1099x566
>>75802387

Too late. Canada can't be straighten out anymore.
>>
>>75797152

It's called FREE SPEECH, you communist faggot.
>>
>>75797558
nearly missed your rarity there chap, well done. how's French Guiana?
>>
>>75802263
you have no idea who i am, or the questions that I have asked the authorities in this world. It's not about safe space. it's not about "internet bullying" but actual links to domestic terrorism in a world wide organization.

And nigger free? Bitch we have bigger caribbean parties then the states. We dont' have the crime you do because we didn't import niggers by the fucking millions like it was going out of style and then oppress them for fucking hundreds of years.

hell ya you would have a nigger problem.

if our government is corrupt, then why the fuck did we start peac keeping missions. you fuckers are living off our good grace, because we don't bomb the fuck out of half the world. we don't have a CIA division that's sole purpose is to undermine governments world wide.

Snowden even proves without a doubt the level your government goes to for power. ours only gets in trouble when we have links to your fuck ups, like guantanamo bay or weapons manufacturing sales to the states.

We're respected and coziest because we don't FUCK UP PEOPLES SHIT.

As Charlie Wilson said "These things happened. They were glorious and they changed the world... and then we fucked up the end game."

This can be said about the highest level of the USA government, as this was about covert ops, and frankly that's the level you work at. ZERO FORESIGHT.

We don't have a corrupt 2 party system like you do.
>>
>>75802582
Fucking Milo and the mainstream media keep mentioning us over TV. It'd bad enough Tumblr and JIDF are on our assess, now we have summerfags and a flood libfags to boot.
>>
>>75797558
stealth rare detected
>>
>>75796820
Does it matter really? I mean if some ameriburger yells fuck you spic I would probably keep walking, of course if he does that on my face spitting I would kick his white ass. Like anyone else.

It all comes down with trusting that people have common sense.
>>
>>75797489
" hate speech" and "hate crimea" are both left win machinations to push agendas.

A murder is a murder. The fact they slap on extra shit is to sensationalize and thought control.

There is literally no reason to have hate speech laws. If you incite a mob to act and do something violent, you'll get what's coming to you either way.

Hate speech laws encourage people to meet in secret and plot instead of openly talking and being proven wrong.

Hate speech and hate crime laws are retarded.
>>
The one good thing is that I can set up a social media account for any particular person I know, load it up with fluff at minimal expense (you can pay SEA monkeys to post on kikebook accounts), and start posting racist comments until they are arrested by the RCMP.
I just wish I knew someone I hated enough to martyr an example of. Gregory Elliott was a good cautionary tale, but he's still a liberal faggot not interested in keeping what happened to him from ever happening again.
>>
File: 1464722835194.png (893 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1464722835194.png
893 KB, 900x900
>>75801900
HATE SPEECH isn't used to silence people. If you think that you have no idea what it's about. People might use hate speech to silence other people using intimidation tactics, but that's not how the law is used.

The majority of free speech/hate speech is about art. and if the dissent is ISIS terrorist or domestic terrorists like Neo-NAzi then ya, moral superiority. Hatred has a way of destroying everything it touches and this is why we have laws above regular laws to defend against it.

If you find that offensive that incitement of violence and crimes is not protected the same was as lawful and peaceful activities, then.... maybe kill yourself, jihadist?
>>
>>75802016
A lot of the time they have to interpret WHAT IS ART, in all reality.
>>
>>75797719
Not expressing without ridicule, you're utterly wrong. Just being able to express them without the state putting a gun to your head or a cuff on your wrist.

I need to be able to ridicule whatever the fuck I want to, that's the point.
>>
>>75802801
/Thread
>>
>>75802096
I am also a faggot, and I hate myself.

Still smarter then you, if also less handsome.
>>
>>75797022
I kekked at the replies to your comment

>White people are the most oppressed waaaaaaaah

Fucking redneck babies. Never change, /pol/
t. Yankee
>>
>>75802940
You're implying that we aren't corrupt and that is beyond false. The only reason we arent doing those things is because America does it better and have done it longer. You really think if the USA magically didnt fuck other countries up that someone else wouldn't have stepped up to the plate? You're delusional if you think that. There will always be a superpower. It wasn't always America but that's what it is right now.
>>
>>75796820
That is fair, but the only problem I can see with it is possible twisting of it to suit sjw's anti-free speech agenda... note I say TWISTING of it and not use of it
>>
>>75802166
It's true, it's the intent of the words, not the words that is taken into consideration. When ISIS says we should kill those that disagree, it's not like Mel Gibson saying the same words.
>>
>>75803201
>HATE SPEECH isn't used to silence people
Ernest zundel
>>
>>75798082
Ezra Levant.

In b4 kike who should be gassed. Only guy in cuckistanida who reprinted the cartoons and had to go before the "hate speech tribune" because of it.
>>
>>75802368
It's easy to have that opinion about war now, but back then it was seen as a threat to society itself, and it might have been. There really is no way to know for sure now, but the world was not as stable as it is now. The last 50 years of humanity have probably been the most important that has ever happened, and ever will happen.

In 50 more years it's hard to conceive of another World War ever happening. Most of the corrupt dictators of teh world have fallen, the world is working together in scientific endeavours and the colonization of off world planets is just on the cusp of reality.

50 years ago it was hard for einstein to even prove the relativity of the universe.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 400x243) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 400x243
>>75799376
>>
>>75803662
>50 years ago it was hard for einstein to even prove the relativity of the universe.
Totally false. Get your timescale right.

Anyways, WWI was stupid and the US should have never gotten involved. Everyone has the right to protest war period. The first amendment of the united states guarantees this right. All authoritarian fascists like you should kill themselves.
>>
>>75796820
You don't even know what you have done to yourselves.
>>
>>75802230
no one has ever been charged for hate speech for yelling nigger on the side of the road, and fearing that is hate speech works is tinfoil hat thinking.

but making a permanent mark of incitement of hatred against a minority is implications of fear to them that most people will never experience in their life. It's undermining the community as a whole, and is offensive then to the community as a whole. Just because one person doesn't like them, doesn't reflect the opinion of the majority. You take the community as a whole lower, by targeting the minority within that community.
>>
>>75802940
>oppressing low IQ niggers made them dumber

Intelligence is primarily, genetic like 80% genetic. They've been free for a long time, hell they were black slave owners in the north. They have more than enough resources around them, it's just that they have the same IQ range as dirt poor farmers back in africa. You cannot be more of leaf right now.

>Le Canadian empire

Listen, it's for FUTURE generations, not your own. You have no clue where your country is going in this world where oligarchs are steamrolling globalism and the death of western society as a whole. If you trust your government under Trudeau then it's your consequence, but the rest of us would like you fuck off.

>The US bombing the fuck out of the world

You mean the EU and UN using as lapdogs to bomb different places around the world to make George Soros money?

>Only our country goes for power.

So I guess in the future those tar sands in the nortb won't attract globalist interest and corruption?

>We don't fuck up people's shit

You are about to dumbass, this is how corruption begins. Think my country hasn't been there?

>We don't have a corrupt two party system like you do

Because you dont need a corrupt two party system to control you Canucks, you're like a bunch of fucking children up there.
>>
>>75804027
>no one has ever been charged for hate speech for yelling nigger on the side of the road
Ernst zundel.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.