[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are black people democrats?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: keep-voting-democrat.jpg (29 KB, 600x183) Image search: [Google]
keep-voting-democrat.jpg
29 KB, 600x183
Why are black people democrats?
>>
Because voting Republicans is literally the embodiment of old white men.
>>
Same reason why black people here are Labour. Welfare checks.
>>
File: ,.,,,,..jpg (312 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
,.,,,,..jpg
312 KB, 1920x1080
>>75794313
>>
why do u care? did u know that ur a fucking leaf?
>>
>>75794313
Because republicans propose and pass policies that directly or indirectly harm them and their community.
>>
>>75794313
Anon, here are your choices

A. Lose free benefits and have to get a job
B. Get more free stuff
C. Bix nood mufugga dis gucci
>>
>>75794494
>Because republicans propose and pass policies that directly or indirectly harm their gibmedats.
FTFY
>>
Because they give them welfare
>>
>>75794494
>taking away the gibs
>harm the community
Found the nigger. Sorry Jamal, but 'dem programs are not going to make you any more capable of getting into the middle class.
>>
>>75794313
They don't mind being poor because they get free shit for being poor.
>>
File: 1464559767653.png (174 KB, 812x531) Image search: [Google]
1464559767653.png
174 KB, 812x531
>>75794313
Please read pic related
>>
>>75794494
"community"
>>
>>75794313

They've been thoroughly trained to be dependent on gibs me dats.

They're back on the plantation baby!
>>
>>75794494
>community
"Community" implies there is any semblance of social cohesion and care for your neighbors.
>>
>>75794313

Because Johnson passed the Civil Rights Act. No really, that's it.

Black people have always had a very community-oriented mindset, which made sense in a time where they could only really trust other black people. It has always been important within that community that they continue to be seen as following whatever the current trends are. Not just socially, but politically as well. To stray outside of that is to endanger your identity as a black person. As an example, a political discussion came up in my circle of friends, most of whom are white. One of my friends, a black MIT graduate, said with a resigned shrug "I talked to my friends and I guess I'm voting for Clinton.", like it had been decided for him. Basically, it had been.

Johnson set the precedent that black people were going to be Democrats (that famous quote from him is fake, but he probably believed something similar). As welfare and bad drug policy set the stage for a cycle of government dependence, black leaders who profited from the system continued to entrench the idea that being black meant voting Democrat. Failing to do so isn't merely betraying an ideology or the gibsmedat mentality, it's literally treated as betraying your people. That way, they can keep even the most honest black people from realizing how screwed they are by the whole exchange.

The opportunity for that to change exists though. As bad as things look now with BLM and the ever worsening race relations, you have to keep in mind that BLM is targeted primarily at white liberals. They take over Bernie Sanders, they don't take over Ted Cruz. Whether they realize what they're fighting against or not, they're ultimately struggling against the leash that the Democrats have had them on for decades. The Dems don't listen to them anymore because they don't need to. A smart Republican leader can find a way to turn that to their advantage. Won't happen at once, but can happen.
>>
>>75794313
>Why are black people
Spoiler alert: They're not
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.