[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>ask dad whether hes voting stay or leave >he's not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: redditinnutshell.png (1 MB, 991x951) Image search: [Google]
redditinnutshell.png
1 MB, 991x951
>ask dad whether hes voting stay or leave
>he's not sure
>i say theres no benefit to staying
>he says why
>i say because you're run by the people in brussels who you don't elect
>he says they make some good laws
>i couldnt refute

How do I become proficient debater. I stutter btw. How do I BTFO liberals
>>
>>75773233
show him the brexit movie
>>
>>75773233
You need to educate yourself so that you can counter his arguments, obviously.
>>
>>75773233
>they make some good laws
Wew lad
>>
>>75773233
You're already thinking like an American, now start acting like one.

Call your dad a cuck and berate him for sacrificing his people's self-determination to the EU jews.
>>
Get a piece of paper and draw a line in the middle
On one side write Pros on the other Cons

For every good law that comes from Belgium that he knows about, write on the cons column either a reason why that law isn't good, a reason why it doesn't matter, or a benefit of leaving.

Then he will see the benefits of leaving. The good thing about him being your dad is that you can argue like adults. You can't do something like this with a liberal cunt
>>
File: dontbeglum.png (3 MB, 2174x1632) Image search: [Google]
dontbeglum.png
3 MB, 2174x1632
>>75773233

The UK has consistently made superior laws, for the last 300 years or so anyway. The EU as it stands is a terrible idea.

The EU decision is simple, either you believe Britain is finished as a country or not. If you think we are finished, unable to stand on our own 2 feet and manage our own affairs, then vote to remain.
>>
File: no no no thanks.gif (823 KB, 245x281) Image search: [Google]
no no no thanks.gif
823 KB, 245x281
>>75773233
LIKE WHAT.......
Just continue the discussion you tea drinking fucker
>>
>undemocratic meme

actually you vote in something called the European elections.

if you then have problems with unelected beaurocrats you should be also complaining about them here in the uk
>>
>>75773849
This. Then tell him the bad laws. If he's a believer in hate speech, he's already too cucked.
>>
When will UK and Norway team up to chokeslam the EU?
If we leave, others will follow
>>
>>75773233
>>he says they make some good laws
>>i couldnt refute
That is the point where you should have declared independence from your father. Then wait for him to send a bunch of hired Germans to your room, half of whom will promptly quit and move to New Hampshire.
>>
>>75773233
Your father will always have the higher ground in a debate with you because he wiped your shitty arse when you couldn't, financed you for at least 18 years and has probably caught you tugging your lad a few times too.
This being said, arm yourself with facts and statistics. Learn them, learn how people attempt to counter them and learn how to discredit those arguments too.
>>
>>75773233
The only sane thing that bunch of idiots ever did right was to unify phone chargers.
>>
>>75773233
You need to solidify the position you are arguing and keep the debate there. You let your dad meander to a peripheral subject and gave it merit.

>They make some good laws
>No one has the right to make laws, good or bad, for the british people without being chsen by the british people. Full stop.

Also, how is it a benefit that they make SOME good laws. Britons have made SOME good laws for themselves for hundreds of years. So leaving won't change that there are some good laws.
>>
>>75773753

> superior laws
> 16-year-olds cannot buy spoons

Yeah, I prefer politicians that legislate about cucumbers and cheese names to that
>>
>>75773233
Just call him a cuck. Best debating tactic 5/5
>>
File: forbidden by law.jpg (31 KB, 618x349) Image search: [Google]
forbidden by law.jpg
31 KB, 618x349
>>75773233
>i couldnt refute
Damn it must be easy discussing with you.

Make a reddit account and go discuss with them. Or better yet.. facebook. Do something! Write, learn, read goddamnit /pol/ teache this kid!
>>
>>75773233
i've heard similar actually, my dad said EU created lots of laws to protect workers, hes a pro labour so thats always his concern (even though hes anything but working class)
>>
>>75773233
>>i say because you're run by the people in brussels who you don't elect

Hilarious that you think this is a real argument. Democracy is a joke.
>>
>>75773504

/thread
>>
>>75773336
Neoliberal documentary about European union criticizing mostly about EU regulations. Regulations that are mostly there to protect our privacy, health, environment and make sure the food that the things we buy are safe.

The question here should be whether you trust your politicians more than meps of all the member states.
based on how favorable your politicians are towards TTIP they're clearly not on your side.
>>
>>75773504
This would be a good idea
>>
>>75773233
This is because you don't retain the data. You probably understand something, you see the point, agree with it and move on. Then when you try to convince someone else you can't really recall why did you agree with it in the first place.

Maybe I'm wrong but that's what it looks like. It takes little to understand why something is good or bad to you but it's way harder to try to explain it to someone else because then you really need to have a lot of background on the matter.
>>
File: TheGreatEscape.png (2 MB, 1142x1468) Image search: [Google]
TheGreatEscape.png
2 MB, 1142x1468
>>75773233
Show him this
>>
>>75773233
"they make good laws" isn't an argument

it's about the principle of the matter. For example, the labour reform EU pushed on my country is actually a pretty good law IMO but I am 100% against it because it's been written and imposed by paper pushers my people did not elect
>>
mate you need to educate yourself further than regurgitating the information you read on /pol/.
>>
>>75773233
Oh dude that's an easy one. You could have asked him what he will do if they happen to make a law he doesn't like.
>>
>>75773647

I smiled wryly at this post.
>>
>>75773233
Google Magna Carta, then read about it's greatness, then see that the EU is going to destroy its value

Or just see how democratic the EU really is- see Irish vote for the Lisbon Treaty, or the Irish Ireland and the Nice Treaty, or Denmark with the Maastricht treaty, then you'll realise, and can effectively argue against anyone who says the EU is 'Democratic'...
>>
>>75773233
>Europe has laws not on the books in the UK that are good
>UK can't just make laws like those itself.

W E W L A D
E
W
L
A
D
>>
>>75773336

a lot of the EU regulations are good though. it's the same reason why we are protesting TTIP/CETA
>>
>>75781344

yes thats because a lot of the EU regs are to the left of the English political centre- things like Health and Safety at work laws and environmental protections would be tossed on the bonfire by the Etonian scumbags who run this country.

That's not to say that I do not recognise the hugely authoritarian nature of the project, or it's deplorable loyalty to the Troika.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.