[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think happens after you die /pol/? Are you ever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 14
File: grave.jpg (5 KB, 190x177) Image search: [Google]
grave.jpg
5 KB, 190x177
What do you think happens after you die /pol/?
Are you ever afraid of death?
>>
>>75757239
Your life stops and the others go on and no one cares, fag!
>>
File: 1464588612118.jpg (56 KB, 645x716) Image search: [Google]
1464588612118.jpg
56 KB, 645x716
>>75757239
I believe that your brain shuts down and can no longer use any of your senses, however it's not like you're going to sleep as people sometimes suggest but more like an off switch that can be flipped at any moment and won't be turned back on... sort of like a lamp, you only care when it's turned on and nobody else cares when the light goes out... nobody ever thinks about the lamp in your room that's what it must feel like to be cared about for an instant then forgotten
Afraid?
No.
I accept that I'am mortal and shall one day die and be forgotten just as those who have existed before us
>>
File: FORHONORUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.png (529 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
FORHONORUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.png
529 KB, 500x500
We come from nothing and we return to nothing, the only way to explain it is an abyss, void of anything but blackness. In a way its comforting because if things ever get that bad you can just resort to being eternally unconscious.
>>
>>75757239
a poem for you, anon

That I will one day die,
I long already knew.
Something that, for anyone,
Is scary, sad and true.
Why should I fear that all
My troubles shall soon end?
May the grim reaper greet me
Like a long lost friend.

t. -anon
>>
>>75757239
either resurrection or nothing at all, a complete void of nothingness, and no I'm not afraid of death, and actually I want to kill myself every single day, I just haven't done it yet
>>
>>75757239
As the oxygen level decreases passed a trigger point, all your neurons release their energy in a cascade. What happens then depends on whether your pattern has been saved. If so it may be possible to down load that pattern to another upgraded container. If not it will probably dissipate like Hal as the circuits are removed. Prior to that, while still coherent or saved. You will have no input, your conscious will create its own reality, from your memory. Depending on the experiences you have gained, it will be pleasant or hell.
>>
File: cicero.jpg (29 KB, 281x314) Image search: [Google]
cicero.jpg
29 KB, 281x314
>>75757239
“The life given us, by nature is short; but the memory of a well-spent life is eternal.”
― Marcus Tullius Cicero
>>
When your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home.
Tecumseh
>>
File: walker pepe ranger.png (319 KB, 545x439) Image search: [Google]
walker pepe ranger.png
319 KB, 545x439
There's no point in worrying about it, but that doesn't stop me from believing I belong in hell after doing literally nothing wrong but nothing right either.
>>
>>75757239
I think it's like fainting. You feel nothing and are aware of nothing until you come to your senses... which, in the case with death, is never. If it's true, it's not so scary and actually sounds kinda comfy.
>>
>>75757239
>What do you think happens after you die /pol/?
Nothing
>Are you ever afraid of death?
Like everyone I guess.
>>
File: 1443454529165.png (423 KB, 645x645) Image search: [Google]
1443454529165.png
423 KB, 645x645
>>75757239

Just like before you were born.
>>
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. We are all part of the cycle that will repeat until the end of time.
>>
So many fedoras in this thread.When you die whatever you believe in happens end of story,now mods please delete this thread.
>>
>>75760351
I've done lot's of bad shit. I'll probably go to hell if it exists.
>>
File: 368651.png (492 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
368651.png
492 KB, 960x540
>are you afraid of death
Not mine.
im not married, dont have kids and both of my parents are working so i don't have responsibilities
>>
File: this is fine.jpg (16 KB, 322x156) Image search: [Google]
this is fine.jpg
16 KB, 322x156
>>75757239
yes of course I am
leave behind a name anons, don't remain like this, make change and live forever
>>
>>75757459
>>75757898
>>75759053
>>75759740
>>75759889
>>75760088
>>75760351
>>75760374
I thought people on /pol/ were more religious though
>>
>>75760495
Some cunt playing classical music, but you can have a good kick about.
>>
>>75757239
Absolute soul-crushing nothingness.

Kind of, tee bee aytch, but that won't stop me from drinking myself into an early grave.
>>
I have overdosed a few times...guess what hap pens fuckin nothing no tunnel no light no vagina. Have you ever blacked out....just like that. Ps fuck narcan
>>
>>75757239
DMT floods the brain and you enter a dream-state pretty much like the ones you have when you're asleep. Except the amounts are way higher and the dreams are gonna last longer. The brain stays up for a few minutes which translates to years in dreamscape, which by the way, fits all the classical notions of heaven. If you believe in Pearly Gates you'll certainly see Paul. If you believe in 12 virgins you'll get that too. It's all in your head.
>>
>>75760678
I believe in God. I don't believe religious texts. Does that count as anything?
>>
>>75760579
>So many fedoras in this thread.When you die whatever you believe in happens end of story,now mods please delete this thread.
It's not worse than the average /pol/ thread
>>
File: christ-chan needs to know.png (273 KB, 962x588) Image search: [Google]
christ-chan needs to know.png
273 KB, 962x588
>>75760678
I am very much religious, but we're still human.
In any upper echelon, it's recognized that faith is faith and absolute knowledge is just that, and when going towards the darkness we have but faith to guide us.
And despite all this faith, we are still fearful of the dark like everyone else, be it through evolution of lack of wisdom given by years.
>>
I used to be afraid of knowing I'll die one day, now it's the only thing that keeps me going.
>>
>>75760831
Bullshit spoken like someone has never been dead
>>
File: christ-chan rocks out.gif (178 KB, 200x355) Image search: [Google]
christ-chan rocks out.gif
178 KB, 200x355
>>75760875
or* lack of wisdom
Too tired to type
But basically, we all die, and no one knows for sure what happens when we get there, despite all the faith one may have.
>>
File: 623_09_2.jpg (202 KB, 650x624) Image search: [Google]
623_09_2.jpg
202 KB, 650x624
>>75760970
Have you been dead before, Anon?
>>
>>75761024
Yes clinically 3 times
>>
>>75760831
Is it true heaven if you get to poo in loo?
>>
>>75760495

Shieeeet that explains those de ja vu moments I am having that I have never experienced before in my life.
>>
>>75757239
Oh death, where is your sting?
>>
>>75761083
Do you remember all your dreams?

>>75761138
Cringe.
>>
>>75757239
after you die you just become nothing. whatever you were before you came into this world. you become nothing again.
>>
>>75761217

No that's your brain fucking up and storing short term memories where long term memories are stored.
>>
Hell no I don't remember any dreams ever!
>>
>>75757239
The same thing that happens whenever I go to sleep; conscious experience ends. I just don't wake up this time.
I understand it's inevitability, but I do not accept it.

To be fair, I'm not terrified by it, just filled with a sense of waste; we die every day, thousands of times a minute, over our entire lives. We are discrete beings, without a continuous state of being; the granularity between states is just so fine that it appears to be continuous, and that continuity has not been broken. Theseus' ship sinks.
>>
Nothing. Your brain stops functioning so you can't experience anything.

P.S. Just because your heart stopped doesn't mean you died.
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 300x272) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 300x272
On a literal level you won't feel anything on the actual moment of your death. It takes the brain a few seconds to process information, so you'll only feel up until two or three seconds before you die. Which is kind of weird to me. It's such an important moment yet the human brain is not equipped to experience it.

I believe in God so I think that when you die you go to purgatory. In purgatory you're given a chance to fully understand your life and how you affected others. After a time you are given the choice to join God in heaven, remain in purgatory, or reject God and go to hell.

Heaven is a place that is full of God's love and the people who love him. In heaven you experience love as long as you are there.

But because God gave human's free will he can't force us to go to heaven or our love would not be sincere. So hell exists as an alternative. It's not a place of fire or eternal suffering, but it is void of all the influences of Gods love. Since God created nearly everything out of love I imagine that this is a very empty place where you can't feel the same kind of peace you feel with God.

I also think that heaven, hell, and purgatory are fluid states of existence. If you grow angry with God while in heaven you can choose to indulge in sin in hell. Once you've gotten that out of your system you can return to purgatory and eventually heaven again.

Of course this is all speculation. But it's what I believe based on what I have learned about the nature of God and free will.
>>
>>75761367
>getting philosophical advice from a jew
>>
>>75757239
Sweet release and nothingness.
>>
If you had another chance, where and when would you like a retry at life?

No memories retained however.
Like a candle, the flame is past on, but the previous one is extinguished
>>
>>75761367

I'll call you when I need my taxes done, Shineberg
>>
>>75761941
>no memories retained
Then what's the point? We are a product of our experiences, our memories; it'd be no different than another man being born.
>>
>>75757239
The electro-chemical impulses that compromise your consciousness cease and your body rots.

I'm afraid of the process of dying, but not of the concept of being dead.
>>
There's some r/atheism tier answers here.
>>
>>75762090
*tips fedora*
>>
You wake up from this dumbass VR experience. Why'd I sign up for this shit?
>>
>>75762068
With your experience of life now, based on your observations, which path of life will result in an optimal chance at having a successful life.

At any time, or any point in history.
>>
>>75761801
That does not apply to canadians after youd die you will become A FUCKING LEAF
>>
You reawaken instantly in the body of a newborn baby and quickly lose all past memories and abilities. This is why babies cry when they are born, they are trying to survive through the confusion and retain their past life's memories and knowledge.
>>
>>75762378
Do you have those memories while you're still in the womb? Why do you start losing them when you pop out?
>>
File: 1463996744526.jpg (16 KB, 402x405) Image search: [Google]
1463996744526.jpg
16 KB, 402x405
>>75757239

I'm more afraid of what they'll do when they find my belongings.
>>
>>75762464

The baby in the womb is just a vessel in a blank state.
>>
>>75757239
God judges you and you go to heaven or hell.
>>
>>75757239

No. I'm just afraid I will die for nothing.
>>
>>75762484
Gather them all in one place, put a bomb there and rig it to explode when your heart stops beating.
>>
>>75762280
Maybe it's an academic thing. A history class on the 21st century and the fall of the west.
>>
>>75763003
Meant to quote

>>75762271
>>
>>75763003
I wish I could still remember what life was like outside it. Be glad you weren't put in as a nigger.
>>
id trade places with you if i could my fellow polak , death is all i wish for wether quick or slow- you have death privilege - make something out of it - make a scene , go out with a "bang" but dont injure or kill innocent bystanders if you do anything cray.

if you want me to , i´ll take you to the pearly gates - all i ask of you is to shed blood on a piece of paper with your name written on it and then burn it.

while demonic in nature i will make sure of a safe passage for your soul to reach whatever belief or "exotic" afterlife you´ve in mind.

while we demons have a bad name given by the jews to discredit us , we do not break our vows.

your soul will be mine , but your wishes will come true.
>>
>>75757239
I'M AFRAID OF DYING ALONE
I HAVE NO FRIENDS
I HAVE NO FAMILY
WHO WILL TAKE CARE OF MY ROTTEN BODY WHEN I KILL MYSELF
>>
>>75757239
I'll finally be with my pony waifu
>>
I'm not afraid of death. But I am afraid of getting old.
>>
>>75760852
I feel kinda the same way. I think maybe there is a god, but not in any sense that we could grasp.
>>
>>75757239
I don't know what happens.
I hope it is a dreamless sleep though.
And yes I'm afraid, like any human being on this planet, I just try to don't think too much about it.
>>
>>75757239
Pointless to fear it. When you are alive, death is non-existent; when you are dead, life isn't.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.