[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is depression so prevalent in the Western world?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51
File: Depression.jpg (30 KB, 336x438) Image search: [Google]
Depression.jpg
30 KB, 336x438
Why is depression so prevalent in the Western world?
>>
Capitalism
>>
>>75737913
Because we're apparently all secretly niggers wearing the skin of our fresh kills.
>>
>>75737913
Auzzie shit posters
>>
We measure our success based on monetary value. We think owning the most useless shit means being successful, but having a family and living a simple life is a waste and frowned upon.

We've lost our Western values to Marxism.
>>
>>75738186
Communist countries are always happy!
>>
File: vodka costs less.jpg (27 KB, 550x302) Image search: [Google]
vodka costs less.jpg
27 KB, 550x302
>>
World is brutal

Every time you leave your house it's a battlefield. It wears you down
>>
File: Joseph-goebbels.jpg (80 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
Joseph-goebbels.jpg
80 KB, 850x400
>>75737913
There's no point to anything.
>>
>>75737913
Because we don't have anything to fight for. Historically humans had had survival, freedom, religion, culture, etc to fight for, but now we basically have everything we want and we feel pointless. If we have no adversity, why are we even here?
>>
>>75737913
lack of purpose.
>>
>>75737913
The Jews.

They have both men and women working full time for the sake of shekels, so there's no time to enjoy life with other people or start a family.
>>
Lack of testosterone

and this is for many reasons including

*men are content being wage slaves and not entrepreneurs

*men don't exercise in a manly fashion (they do long distance running which increases estrogen and makes you look like an Auschwitz jew)

*Society without virtues

*Less community

*No good modern philosophers
>>
>>75738376
>>75738391
The Boomers chased money. Goddamn didn't they make that obvious.
>>
>>75737913
Diversity
>>
>>75737913
Having to ignore the death looming over you in the form of mudshits. Alternatively, being arrested and locked up with nothing but mudshits for not ignoring the death looming over you in the form of mudshits.
>>
Materialism
>>
Lack of purpose.
Every state has either nationalism or religion. These give greater purpose than individualism. The west simply needs either.

>inb4 but muh japs are nationalists

Yeah, but they can't get laid.
>>
File: 9flOJ4v.jpg (287 KB, 1223x1570) Image search: [Google]
9flOJ4v.jpg
287 KB, 1223x1570
Depression is a disease of industrial modernity

no sunlight, no exercise, no socializing, shite sleep, poor diet, overstimulation, etc.
>>
>>75738440
But now the money is either gone, firmly gripped in the tight fist of a Jew, or dropping in value so fast we wonder why we held it in such a high regard to begin with.
>>
>>75737913
I am a nigger inside
>>
>>75737913
niggers
>>
File: Baby-Boomers2.jpg (468 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Baby-Boomers2.jpg
468 KB, 2000x1000
>>75738538
That's why they're The Eternal Boomer.
>>
Domination by the Judeo-American Empire, no culture or faith, Christinaty was transformed in a Pharisee Talmudic worshipping cult in the last 50 years instead of Jesus worship.
>>
>>75738223
underrated post
>>
>>75738296
Marxist frown upon "capitalistic worship of mammonism". What we have is the unholy union of leftwing nannystate and liberal capitalism.
>>
>>75738538

>the money is gone

LMAOOO fucking retard

start your own business, take risks like a real man does - be like a baby boomer.

>>75738596
The eternal excuse.
>>
money
>>
>>75737913
Because redpills tend to be laced with cyanide. Once you see the truth it beats you down.
>>
>>75737913
Cause you can afford it in first world countries.

Deoressed in third world and don't feel like working today? Sorry, senpai. Hope you like to starve more than usual
>>
>>75738654
yeah take out a loan and prepare for Walmart or local government to shut you down goyim
>>
Work everyday waking up at 6:00 and come home at 20:00
Eat
"Entertain"
Sleep
Repeat
No family
No true friendships
No connection with the world
No tangible results from working your life away except for some abstract concept that allows you to live
Everything that you had left is given away by your rulers
No future as we're all fucked
No past because they insist on erasing that
The only thing left in my life is shitposting and hoping it just all ends soon
>>
File: 666x666.png (11 KB, 666x666) Image search: [Google]
666x666.png
11 KB, 666x666
>>75738812

>lives in the first world
>depressed

kek nobody wins on this wild ride
>>
>>75738654
The only "risk" the boomers took was giving their country away for NOTHING in return and apparently it was worth it.
>>
Atheism
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67sAbVWYKl0
>>
>>75738879
The first world is a meme
It just means you can live in a very luxurious prison
>>
>>75737913

Modern work sucks. It's fucking boring. Nobody likes waking up in the morning, going to a shitty job for 8 hours, coming home tired as fuck, and dreading have to do it all over again.

It's boring, it's tiring, it's dreadful. Nobody likes doing tedious tasks, all day every day. Perhaps we're still just evolved to do cavemen work like hunting, gathering, marking territory, etc.
>>
File: 1463742790685.gif (708 KB, 330x185) Image search: [Google]
1463742790685.gif
708 KB, 330x185
>>75737913
R type individuals are prone to depression due to a lack of dopamine and testosterone drawn from competitive actions with other Humans. Since R types lack a competitive nature, they grow up learning to avoid this form of behavior, probably because repeatedly failing at sports or other activities in school has instilled within them a fear of this kind of activity.

So what ends up happening is that these kinds of people, instead of gaining dopamine hits from sports, competition or social achievement, they strive for other kind of "novel" hits like eating too much, being sexually promiscuous, gambling, or worse case scenario, drugs. It's just a survival mechanism to ensure that R types don't do things they'll probably fail at, which is why 4chan is full of autists who eat too much, lack any friends and fap to increasingly more sexually perverted things like cp, and complain about having a shitty life and always feel depressed.

Sexual perversion, drug abuse, addiction and over consumption is simply R types abusing their over abundance of resources with overly extended life spans and a lack of predators to kill them.
>>
>>75737913
With great knowledge comes great sorrow (for this world is not a heavenly one but one of evil and deception)

If you're Christian it's something like "lucifer has the keys to earth until Jesus returns"

All of it aligns to say the same thing. This planet sucks; and the smart humans know it.
>>
>>75737913
Jews.
>>
>>75737913
materialism
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Vekf_2952U
>>
>>75738417
It's nice to be able to trace my loss of virtue to my declining testosterone levels
>>
>>75738963

>just lift bro
>>
industrialization and working for the sake of working
>>
>>75738904
This
>>
>>75738223
Ha!
>>
>>75738417
How does long distance running increase estrogen?
>>
>>75738497

Yeah but I'm underemployed and I'm depressed as fuck.
>>
>>75738417

>running turns you into a jew

Whatever makes you feel more content with sitting there never doing anything, kek
>>
>>75738417

Please tell me that you do not believe that pile of shit yourself.
>>
>>75739102

work is just starting to feel increasingly pointless as technology grows

it's fucked up that whenever we come out with an awesome new technology, the first question people have is "what we will do for jobs, if this replaces them"

Isnt the whole POINT of technology to make life easier, to reduce work? And yet our first instinct is to come up with more jobs
>>
File: sheeple.png (46 KB, 376x401) Image search: [Google]
sheeple.png
46 KB, 376x401
>>75738967

Possibly the most unprofound pseudo-intellectual garbage I've read today. This planet is the only one we have, it's neither good nor bad, it just is. Enjoy denouncing the joys of life in favor of some metaphysical bullshit.
tl:dr Get out of your parent's basement and go experience the world, faggot.

Pic related it's you.
>>
No hard work.

We're not designed to sit all day in front of a computer, shuffling papers to and fro.
I've been depressed almost all of my adult life and the one thing which always helped is hard, solid work.

Go start being a mover or work in construction.
It cures depression 100% after just the first day.
>>
>>75739429

Absolutely correct. More need to be aware of this, I feel
>>
File: Nazi-Germany.jpg (88 KB, 736x551) Image search: [Google]
Nazi-Germany.jpg
88 KB, 736x551
>>75739429
Here's your reply.
>>
>>75738417
Britbong education everyone
>>
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 600x311) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 600x311
Same reason women are more
depressed yet men but men commit suicide than women
Think of the west as a woman and the rest of the world as the man

A woman sits around and does nothing or little compared to a man yet they are pampered cunts that are encouraged to bitch and moan about their emotions while the man works his ass off for his shit and is told to be not be a bitch

Do you think anybody in Africa or China gives a fuck about depression
No why would they they can't afford to worry about their feelings
>>
>>75739266
>>75739192

long distance running does.
Sprints, hill sprints and High intensity intervals increase testosterone.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1724199/
>>
>>75738654
at some point one realizes that no matter how much money gets thrown into the void, they'll never fill it up.

money is just a tool, but a very useful one in this society, and you can really do great things with it. boomers often sacrificed everything else (integrity, stability, spirituality, traditions, culture) for money's sake.

some people never realize this and that's when greed becomes demoniac.
>>
>>75738342
You can get a decent meal for a whole family for the price of vodka here.
>>
>>75737913
-no say in politics
-anti-western narrative prevalent in media
-erasure of Western culture
-war of the sexes

It all comes down to leftist elitism, really. They have always tried to shape people counter to their nature. And surprise surprise, living contrary to their nature makes people unhappy.
>>
>>75739537
> volumes less than 80 km a week had a positive effect on BMD of the proximal femur. With running volumes greater than 64 km a week, training was inversely related to testosterone levels, but levels remained within the normal range.

Your average male doesn't run more than 64km a week you inbred mongoloid.
>>
>>75739537
The study was carried out in 2000.
>>
>>75737913
Because it's fashionable to be depressed, just like it's fashionable to have ADHD, or OCD, or whatever. Everyone is a self diagnosed something nowadays, don't you know? Because now they can blame their faults and failures on "muh chemical imbalances."
>>
>>75739516
>this is coming from an American
>>
>>75739322

Which part do you disagree with?

id also like to add that we sit down too much, which fucks up our T. Problem, hans?
>>
>>75739816
The only things from that list that affect testosterone are long distance running and lack of exercise.
>>
Humans didn't evolve to be happy. We evolved to survive, which for most of human history meant being in a state of constant struggle, with small victories in the form of having enough food to not die today. That's the kind of stuff we were meant to derive enough satisfaction from to keep going.
Now we have enough of all the basic necessities to not have to worry about survival, which means we're not directly engaging in the struggle to survive that we are hardwired for. That's why everything feels pointless, and why we are so prone to depression.
Industrialisation, the feminisation of society, the lack of social cohesion, the shallowness of consumerism, and the social isolation of the information age only serve to worsen the problem.
>>
>>75739883
I think you've got it.
>>
>>75739772
Fucking normies are even taking away my depression. Why can't they just fucking stay away from us.
>>
>>75739736
Oh shit. You got me...

>>75739695
You do if you're training for a marathon you fag. These people sit down all day at their desks with low T, then the only exercise they do has either no effect on T or lowers it. Waste of time.
>>
>>75740014
Because they want to be special snowflakes who receive people's pity AND respect/admiration for being "brave enough to fight depression" or some shit. I'm no longer a muslim but even I can acknowledge that religions typically placed a high value on honour and dignity, which modern society lack. Many of modern society's social/moral/philosophical ills come from a loss of religion and an extreme belief in moral relativism.
>>
>>75738306
I'd say consumerism and unadulterated materialism makes unhappy. That's not the fault of the capitalist system though but a symptom of excess.
>>
>>75738368
Bullshit, he did not say that.
>>
>>75737913
Because Bolshevistic Jews undermine the west yet again, but the normies are completely ignorant of the fact.
>>75738186
The opposite of this.
>>
Life is inherently worthless and once you've gotten all the material wealth you could ask for you realize there's no point to anything.

We literally exist to further this tiny molecule we've named DNA. All our urges, wants and desires spring from this molecule and for billions of years, we, sentient creatures have done our best to continue its existence.
>>
>Alienation from nature
>being unmindful
>illusion of ego
>>
>>75738963
10/10

I almost threw my computer out the window.

>lack of competitiveness
That's the opposite actually, we feel trapped when usually we feel ready to go.
And that's caused by the Jewish subversion of western society. We're trained to think we're powerless
>when in reality they're very timid, weak individuals. Scared of backlash.
>>
File: 1447035603073.jpg (55 KB, 552x378) Image search: [Google]
1447035603073.jpg
55 KB, 552x378
>>75740477
almost had me
>>
>>75740477
basically this
we got thousands of deluded people like this guy >>75740352
>>
Why do you think western countries have the lowest birth rates in the world? Why they have to import third world populations to prevent their society from collapsing? There is something wrong with western civilization, no one dares speak about it, everyone is just too exhausted trying to survive in the rat race to do anything while western societies slowly off themselves.
>>
>>75737913
After WW2, fighting was seen as an evil thing, but the process of engaging into conflicts is vital for one to feel alive. By demonizing fighting, people haven't been nourishing a part of their humanity. The part that makes people brave and confident.

Is it really a surprise so many people are falling into depression? They haven't been exercising their will to live.
>>
>>75740043
It's not like a lot of people do that and I would argue that they still are happier thanks to the runners high they certainly have, I can't really argue with the results of that study concerning testosterone, I still think it's better than doing absolutely nothing, like most people do tough, but I also think training your strength is every important, I do both, but I don't run that much.
>>
>>75737913
Atheism breeds Nihilism.
>>
File: 1443465924001.jpg (276 KB, 1920x1159) Image search: [Google]
1443465924001.jpg
276 KB, 1920x1159
>>75740785
>If I think real hard life isn't that bad even though billions of beings are torn to pieces every year for a hamburger
>>
File: jemwallbang.gif (1 MB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
jemwallbang.gif
1 MB, 500x374
>>75737913
people are never satisfied

they always want more
>>
>>75737913
If that comic would be the other way round: about a white man putting on a nigger suit, it would be considered racist.
>>
>>75740944
literally read the power of now
>>
>>75738947
boohoo, do something you want with your life

people keep acting like they were forced into wagecuckery, but actually you chose that, because that's the default path, you just failed to choose any of the many alternatives. You were complacent and unwilling to be bold, now you pay price.
>>
>>75739736
>human biology is so different than it was 16 years ago that 16 year old studies are worthless
whew
>>
File: jofdfjxv.png (377 KB, 720x437) Image search: [Google]
jofdfjxv.png
377 KB, 720x437
>>75738947
Somebody gets it.
>>
File: 456.jpg (17 KB, 247x204) Image search: [Google]
456.jpg
17 KB, 247x204
>>75741019
The key to happiness is having urges you can satisfy, thus guaranteeing dopamine production ensuring your happiness.
But you wanna know something? people without enough dopamine can't experience pleasure, they can't even orgasm, drugs have no effect on them. they don't eat enough to survive, they become malnourished. Thats all we are, are a brain and sometimes we have no control over what it does. Think your way out of that. Mindfulness is normie wishful thinking practiced by people with no real problems.
>>
>>75739323
How do you expect to earn a living if robots take all the jobs? Do you think business will just start handing out money?
>>
>2016
>not curing depression
>>
>>75737913
When you stop worrying about physiological survival and get closer to self-actualization as your culture's standard for true success, you are focusing on a standard that is much more complex to meet than food and water.
>>
>>75737913
in our hearts we know we aren't truly free. we are free range chickens if you will. kept stupid and ignorant with hundreds of distractions.

Worst of all to those that see the bigger picture watch with frightened eyes to the inevitability that our reality is utter bullshit, fabrications of a higher power that is a global governance.
>>
>>75737913
WWI and WWII broke the heart and soul of Western Society.
>>
>>75737913

Because a lot of shit is being forced on us. We're being forced to live around niggers, spics and other undesirables, we're forced to work shit jobs that will never get us anywhere, we're forced to take out loans so we can go to school and maybe get a better job but it's a gamble and we might be in dept for the rest of our lives.

You know, small things like that. Who the fuck would be happy in a world like this except mentally ill liberals?
>>
>>75741243
that is not happiness, that's called excitement
it's merely short term pleasure
a happiness is feeling of fufillment that is completly independant on external circumstances
>>
TV and movies.
Reality is dull and grey compared to tv and movies.
>>
>>75741243
>>75741708
also see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxyJiN4Z2Ds&index=1&list=PLFfM65xLnO-F5Owjbj5lp8vAhuU7UeLFn
>>
>>75737913
Everything sucks and has no purpose
>>
File: 1457299040338.png (440 KB, 920x720) Image search: [Google]
1457299040338.png
440 KB, 920x720
ITT: entitled millenials complaining about how bad their lives are

Depression is a myth. Everyone gets bellows sometimes. Get over it. I used to take lexapro for years. I was never happy until I stopped taking it and realized it was keeping me sad.

80 years ago no one took pills. Today 71% of Americans take pills. Stop falling for the Jewish lie of "mental illness." They say that "50% of people will experience mental illness at some point" which means they want you to pay them for their VERY expensive anti-psychotics and anti-depressants.
>>
>>75741243
>and sometimes we have no control over what it does Think your way out of that
mindfulness is not thinking your way out of things, it's the opposite
observing your thoughts without judging, condemning or trying to change them
there is no additional layer of thinking, by observing them they lose their impact since you no longer identify with them
In other words you have no idea what you are talking about, read that book and you will be blown away by your stupidity
>>
>>75741958

80 years ago the world was objectively in way better shape than it is now, so there goes your argument.
>>
Because we've turned our backs to the Lord and started unscrupously engaging in degeneracy and vice

We are now the whore of Babylon
>>
>>75742049
except the great depression and 2 world wars and actual physical illnesses up the ass right?
>>
>>75741958
>80 years ago no one took pills.
No
they got lobotomies and electric shocks
>>
>>75741958
>80 years ago
no one bothered to take statistics on suicide rates or even make the attempt to understand for why, from what, and by who could cause an individual to take their own life. Likely after or during a long period of self-medicating with LEGAL opium and its derivitives or get "piss drunk" with unregulated alcohol and bars.
>>
>>75742212
which were also Jewish inventions. They switched to pills when people got upset at the methods they were using.

They still do shock treatments btw
>>
>>75738296
All I want is a simple life, and I'm fine with earning it.
>>
>>75742243
I said depression, not suicide.
>>
>>75742162

Those wars were funded by Jews, from both sides.
>>
>>75738417
NOT

AN

ARGUMENT!!
>>
File: Stefan.png (669 KB, 1443x853) Image search: [Google]
Stefan.png
669 KB, 1443x853
>>75738417
>*No good modern philosophers
Not an argument
>>
>>75737913
not getting enough sunlight
shitty job
culture defined by degeneracy
zero optimism
atomization
no sense of belonging
Lifestyle defined by consumption and convenience
>>
File: 1464420732101.jpg (61 KB, 832x690) Image search: [Google]
1464420732101.jpg
61 KB, 832x690
>>75741243
>>75740944
>>75740631
>>75740352
Wow, a swede thinks there is no inherent value to life..

Picture me surprised......
>>
File: 1460257731860.jpg (72 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1460257731860.jpg
72 KB, 960x960
>>75742301
Whats that have to do with the pills we all take today being made by jews to fix problems that dont actually exist except in our minds?

How do you guys not know about this shit? Isn't it obvious?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgCpa1RlSdQ

Good documentary on it. To each their own, I just wanna help you guys. I used to be depressed, tried to kill myself back then and was hospitalized. I have never been as happy as I am now that I stopped taking those pills and realized that life is a state of mind. It's what you make it.

You don't have to believe what I am telling you, like I said, I just want to give yall a different perspective.
>>
Because you guys are fucking losers
Miserable worthless losers
>>
>>75742493
DESIGNATED
>>
>>75739629
Why? I though Poland produced Vodka. In Spain the wine is cheap precisely because we produce it.
>>
File: 1455217872713s.jpg (4 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1455217872713s.jpg
4 KB, 125x125
>>75738559
>>
File: 1460762306077.gif (494 KB, 500x226) Image search: [Google]
1460762306077.gif
494 KB, 500x226
>>75742529
LOSER
>>
>>75737913
vitamin d deficiency
>>
>>75742493
I guess shitting in designated streets gives you a freedom we never will experience.
>>
>>75742480

What you're saying is true, but the world today still sucks major ass and is the reason why so many people are depressed. That's all I'm saying.
>>
You know the expression "Die of a broken heart"?
Literal "Broken heart Syndrome" is when the muscle in the heart is weakened because of stress and emotion, like loss of a loved one, depression, anxiety.
For whatever reason, there exists a mechanism in us that kills the depressed. But what causes depression, you ask?

I used to think it was the idea of being trapped, which would explain why transsexuals kill themselves more on average than any other person, and they are very "trapped" relative to how they feel on the inside. A lot of happy people are trapped though, in their own lives, having nice peaceful lives; a woman can live happy in servitude to her husband. Depression encompasses the socially weak, the anti-social people who have no meaning in their lives. Anyone who ever has depression and friends will avoid contact with their friends because of their depression; but the cure for it, they often say, is communication; because while friends may not understand what someone's going through, the very fact that one life gives another life more meaning, eases their depression. It's quite eerie how depression can lead to suicide AND heart failure; biological initiatives, I assume, to rid the population of social dissidents, non-conformers, etc.
Doctors make billions of dollars telling patients that heart attacks cause depression, when I think it's safe to say that Cancer would probably be much worse, because it's the depression that causes the heart attacks. In many Asian countries, and what used to be most European countries, honor was important to live for, and dishonor was fatal and life threatening, that people would kill themselves. Mao Zedong, for example, killed more people than Hitler and Stalin, and eventually had a heart attack. Up until the French revolution, honor was a big part of every day life in Europe; if you were born a fisherman's son, you were a fisherman in honor, and if you were born royal you had royal honor.
>>
>>75742661
Cont'd
I know it sounds far fetched. But how is it far fetched to believe that the reason people kill themselves, that they dishonor their family, is just another form of depression? We treat depression with millions of dollars, and we've yet to find out why the west is even more depressed and popping even more pills. It's simple; we don't have a meaning to eachother in life anymore. When you were born with an identity and a role, and are expected to play that role all your life, of course you will get depressed when someone dishonors you; you might even kill yourself, and why? Because your purpose in life has just been taken; you are no longer fit to be in society, so you are cast out to die from heart failure or suicide, for the good of society. Now these days, we have no such honor, so we have no idea who the next victim will be, maybe a famous comedian like Robin Williams who suffered a heart attack and killed himself?
Anyway, I think depression is a way of weeding out dishonorable people; and as per the fact that we don't have a system of honor anymore, it's just random now, people who are lonely or fluid and don't have a meaning in life.
>>
>>75742464
>mfw i used to do this as a kid
>right in the feels
>>
>>75742569
Half a liter of vodka costs about 30 zlotych, or 7.5 USD. I don't know if that's cheap, but you can certainly make a dinner for 4 with this money (or buy in a restaurant).
>>
>>75742612
Exactly
Happiness too which you wont feel until you end yourself
>>
>>75739429
Not sure if you're serious or not but you actually have a point.
I remember I've helped my father move some things a few months ago and it was one of the most enjoyable days I've had in a while, and I have almost unlimited free time.
I don't know if basing your lifestyle around physical labor is worth it but you probably have a point
>>
>>75737913
Because we're in a society where we can succeed but we can also fail. Third worlders are stuck in a state of failure, they don't know what it's like to succeed so failure doesn't feel as bad to them.
>>
>>75737913

Because providing is a biological instinct for most men (not necessarily beta)

Since the 20% of Chads fuck all the women for free, since women dont need a provider, you got a lot of pressure on young men to not only provide, but also look like Chad.

Lastly, dont forget that men are also shamed for wanting to "take cate of her", which is a biological instinct.
>>
>>75742493 >>75742529
> An indian, clothed in gold
> On his brow and belly, the ripe glisten of success in life
> From his sachet, he draws his Device
> He digital presence graces the globe with thich he connects
> Seeing an errant gathering of lower castes, he justly upbraids their churlish complaints
> His task done, and virtue simultaneously defended, he wipes himself with the community rag, pulls up his shorts and leaves the designated street. An afternoon break well spent.
>>
>>75738879
RARE
>>
>>75738958
>tfw cook and enjoying my job
best career decision ever
fuck sitting in an office all day
>>
>>75737913
Because the main reason to live is not to disappoint your parents.
>>
>>75743005
Do you earn well?

I want a job where I actually DO something but at least get paid decent enough
>>
>>75737913
Because the Western man has enough leisure time to realize his natural state has been distorted.
>>
>>75743005
Are you 6ft tall?
>>
>>75738879
But that makes sense
having your primary necessities (eat, poo in loo, housing, leisure) covered, you start to be filled with existential boredom because you re not occupied trying to fucking survive in the first place
>>
>>75737913
Because it's socially acceptable in the Western world.
>>
>>75743161
1.87m
>>75743107
Yeah well enough. Studying to become head chef now to earn even more, can be combined with my work.

I always wanted to do outdoors or at least "busy" work after doing IT. Sitting in an office doing virtual tasks killed me on the inside
>>
>>75737913
>Tell myself I have a chemical imbalance after listening to doctors
>Take the red pill

Its prevent because it doesn't exist It's a meme condition even if you are clinically depressed, it's just a behavioral problem like an extremely bad habit that makes you chronically sad. Don't take any of the meds they try to give you either, you get better in spite of their existence not because of it.
>>
>>75737913
Fucking kikes destroying the family unit, that's what's wrong with the world
>>
>>75741958
Depression is scientifically proven to exist.
You should atleast take 1 minute to google the matter you spew shit about.

http://www.nature.com/mp/journal/v21/n6/full/mp201569a.html
>>
>>75737913
materialism. leftism. death of spirituality. jews and their tricks.
>>
People know that the white race is going to die out so people have a subconscious mindset of failure even if they don't realise it.
>>
>>75741043
SPOT ON.

Any other career is either difficult or dangerous or not a glamorous as they desire. Fuck the wageslave tripe.
>>
>>75738967
aka satan is the god of this world, and the kali yuga era.

and unintelligent apes who fully embraced the mark of the beast will go >>75739329
>>
>>75739883
all it means we have to evolve again though, not devolve back into apes. evolution isn't final.

we adapted to hostile environment in what you described. we conquered that environment and now rule over it. it's time to evolve again to adapt to the new situation, or die out.

only niggers will go back and return to struggle after reaching the point where their evolutionary goal was fulfilled.
>>
>>75739329
If you have enough information on human psychology it's literally impossible for you to be depressed
>>
File: 1461479983125.png (253 KB, 462x394) Image search: [Google]
1461479983125.png
253 KB, 462x394
>>75737913

Men aren't allowed to be men.

Women aren't allowed to be women.

Children aren't allowed to be children but adults, strangely adults behave as though they were children.

In their quest to ''find themselves'' westerners have lost themselves.
>>
>>75738186
There hasn't been capitalism since before I was born.

Removing it slowly is why no one is happy. Everything has stagnated, no one is free.

And you are brainwashed beyond help
>>
>>75737913
Modern luxury gives everyone the time to think about existential ideas, but people aren't intelligent and learned enough to see the bigger picture.
>>
>>75738417

These are all valid points.

I feel like a soldier who's war never came.
>>
File: absolutely_subversive.jpg (91 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
absolutely_subversive.jpg
91 KB, 400x400
You already know
>>
>>75742777
holy repeating digits confirm suicide and release from material flesh is the ultimate happiness.

which coincidentally happens to be what all religions preach.
>>
>>75737913
Its not the Western world. Its the whole world, but the rest of the world is so full of shit they barely notice. But westerns collectively live good and have time to actually think
>>
>>75738417

This is why every man, woman, and child should be talking super beta prostate today!
>>
>>75739883
fuck that might actually be it
>>
>>75737913
Lack of purpose.

I've pursued education, I've succeeded.
I've chased a high paying job, I now have it.

Now I have more cash than I'd say 99% of people in my age bracket, but nowhere to go. Growing up my goals were simple, just get a nice job... but what does the climber do after he's scaled the mountain?

Start a family? Women of this generation are exceedingly annoying to have a conversation with. Even if you find one you can bear to be with, the thought of your children growing up with such propaganda thrown at them... they'll be turned into useless liberal sheep and there's nothing you can do about it.

Idk, maybe I should try traveling.
>>
File: holy_knight_hodrick.jpg (27 KB, 440x248) Image search: [Google]
holy_knight_hodrick.jpg
27 KB, 440x248
>>75737913
Oh, so you're a hollow pretending to be sane. Brilliant, i did that too once.
>>
>>75737913
acceptance of greed
i've got mine but i want yours
there's never enough
>>
File: 35519.jpg (73 KB, 304x475) Image search: [Google]
35519.jpg
73 KB, 304x475
Decaying mythos, tradition, culture
Rising consumerism, amorality, apathy
>>
People have exaggerated expections for life and quality of life is steadily going lower for middle class due to outsourcing and shitty immigration

There's also good reason mostly white countries, ie Scandinavian countries were most happiest for a time
>>
>>75737913

The void that lonleyness, consume, atheism and a money and career driven lifestyle caused.

We live in big anonymous cities pretending to be happy living the commercial life, but in reality we got selfish, egocentric and lonely.

There is no more oder or structure in our families nor in our societies, what leaves us behind without orientation withour rolemodell. Everything seems to be ok and legit even if you want to cut yourself your dick off pretending to be happy to live as mutilated beeing.

It is the chaos and progressivness that causes the depression. We need order and we need familiy and structure.
>>
>>75737913
Because many of you are spineless faggots that stay in front of the computer all day.
>>
>>75737913
Because cat girls only exist in 2D.
>>
>>75742673
I appreciate your thoughts, friend. I disagree that honor is a biological imperative, but frequently we give causes to things in a pseudoscientific manner only to later realize that we were kind of right.

There's an element there I think you've identified but it's far from complete.
>>
>>75739429
i like to do my work on computers and i have never thuaght of working in construction or something, i have a 60-70 hours week and iam ok with this. i think u are generalizing a little to much german bro.
>>
Our basic needs are easily fulfilled, and we feel powerless about self-actualization, like a gear has no means to tune the engine's work.
And yeah, capitalism that led towards this kind of society is a major factor in this.
>>75740334
>>75744508
You keks should probably investigate https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_alienation
And saying that communism is the only probable alternative is setting yourself in a loser position from the start
>>
>>75737913
Lack of psychedelic experiences desu
>>
>>75737913
Social standards and materialism and shit. So many teenagers here with self-esteem and other anxiety issues because of society pressures.
>>
>>75737913

This is a fucking racist cartoon btw.
>>
>>75744898
>they'll be turned into useless liberal sheep and there's nothing you can do about it.

Often said by childless /pol/ posters and then repeated as fact. You have tremendous influence as a parent, and schools do not pursue any subject to the depths that you can. Also, if you keep up with your kid's interests and media consumption, you're in an excellent position to explain and reject influences you consider negative.
>>
>>75738186
Not at all, everyone would probably kill themselves right now if nihilism was dominant and everyone believed that there is nothing worthy to do in life and it's all useless.
>>
The internet provides dopamine on tap, but is rarely induced by something positive.

Law is ineffectual and impotent, unless someone tries to actually uphold, then it becomes ruthlessly efficient and unforgiving.

Jobs are scarce, but even more workers are brought in rather than jobs created because it keeps wages down.

All politicians want the same thing, and have no difference between them, with the media being a willing capitulater to this.

A lack of connection between actions and their consequence leaves responsible people worse off than irresponsible folk. Note how a working couple can earn less and be worse off than a single mother with 7 kids from 8 fathers (not a typo).
>>
>>75745799
if you achieve those experiences using psychedelics they can fuck you up even more
meditation and mindfulness are the safest and best way since the effects are permanent and there are no hallucination involved and you are completely sober
>>
>>75737913
the lack of success , as the world population grows bigger , self success gets less important and little by little we lose our importance in society.
>>
>>75745922
that's why the governments actively destroy families.

the father who can have such impact on the kids is demonized, destroyed and alienated from his kids, so his liberal ex wife single mother can destroy them completely while they're still in the impressionable state.
>>
>>75739695
>64km a week
>9km a day
>literally an hour and 15 minutes per day.

Fat fucking slob detected.
>>
>>75745922
I want to believe...

Either way, the fact that I can't find a woman worth being with hasn't changed. Every relationship I've been in, I've just felt like I was much better off single.
>>
>>75737913
>Why is depression so prevalent in the Western world?
compared to?
>>
>>75744898
Keep moving up in the world m8. Climb the ladder, not for the higher income, but for the potential to affect the world in more drastic ways. The pursuit of power has been demonized by the left because they are the useful idiots who vacate those positions for their masters.
>>
>>75739695
The average maybe doesn't but most people who get into running do, since it's the easiest way to increase resistance. I used to run 80-100km per week when I was into it.
>>
>>75737913
'i dont have enough money to pay my iphone bill, how will i keep paying for my internet and television?' i cant make it through this alone.'

literally every person in america.
>>
Because when your friend Mbongo just died of malaria and you're starving to death and the only way out is to work 16 hour shifts at the local sweatshop you don't have time to be depressed.
>>
>>75746342
I've considered that. Considered just taking a portion of cash and attempting to create a company or 2 and increase wealth exponentially. .. but I'm left wondering why I would.

More power is great, but what's my end game goal? I have the potential, but what I need is the drive.
>>
>>75739688
>It all comes down to leftist elitism, really. They have always tried to shape people counter to their nature. And surprise surprise, living contrary to their nature makes people unhappy.
Very good post

>>75739537
IIRC you can run up to 40 minutes before you start burning your muscle. Also depends on the last time you ate and when you ate.
>>
File: 1449075513340.jpg (66 KB, 303x271) Image search: [Google]
1449075513340.jpg
66 KB, 303x271
>>75737913
Because the fuhrer lost.
>>
>>75737913
Generation after generation OF WORTHLESS FUCKING SHIT WEATHER FOR 80% OF THE YEAR.

It's literally impossible to become depressed in Africa or India.
>>
>>75746577
Top kek
>>
File: 1454495205499.png (1018 KB, 629x752) Image search: [Google]
1454495205499.png
1018 KB, 629x752
The human psyche hasn't fully adapted to the concept or implementation of western industrialization and probably won't for another few hundred years. People are less likely to grin and bear it when they know that 90% of their problems are either a consequence of the system or propped up by it in some way as a means of passive control.
>>
Self awareness
>>
>>75740312
That's from a letter he sent to his mother
>>
>>75737913
niggers, spics and mudshits are living on earth while whites are dreaming of space
>>
>>75740312
>>75747283
His diaries*
>>
File: 1454943806680.jpg (46 KB, 487x497) Image search: [Google]
1454943806680.jpg
46 KB, 487x497
>>75738417
a-are there any other ways of decreasing testosterone/increasing estrogen
>>
>>75737913
Not enough anime
>>
>>75746577
oh how terrible the conditions are in sweden. Those evil white people need to be punished.
>>
>>75747784
Eating semen>>75747835
>>
>>75739198
wake up at 4:30am and go for a run, no more late nights sat at your desk browsing /pol/. Tomorrow Is the day your life starts to change. Set your alarm now. within two weeks you will feel incredibly better.
>>
My personal opinion is that were just not built for this kind of uneventful life. The normal 8-5 drudgery leaves most people with no excitement. Locked inside ask day, never seeing the sun. Plus it starts in childhood with schooling and some people just can't handle it.

They will be bred out by suicide eventually. Then we can all be contented with our normal lives.
>>
File: 1457319124893.jpg (34 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1457319124893.jpg
34 KB, 640x640
>>75748090
as in my own semen or other people's?
either way i'm on the right track, but it would help to know
>>
>>75737913
Video games, movies, and TV shows give children an unrealistic view on things, they wish they could be there and not on the boring earth.
>>
>>75739429
Mate, I've been doing manual labour for 16 years. I'm only 34 and my body is fucked already. It wears thin after a while.
>>
File: test power.gif (5 KB, 347x480) Image search: [Google]
test power.gif
5 KB, 347x480
You do realize the moment you start taking test you feel like a fucking alpha every single day
>>
Lack of liberal president
>>
>>75742766
lmao. 7 bucks is dinner for one person my friend. that's pretty cheap actually.
>>
>>75738879

Nice flag
>>
>>75740816
This. I can't describe it but something feels off about people in 1st world countries. Everyone looks like they're always trying to get somewhere.
>>
>>75748322
How exactly do you take test?
>>
>>75748183
s-skype?
>>
Relax. We just need a world war.
>>
>>75744367
I agree.
If it won't happen fast enough naturally, we might eventually modify ourselves artificially through genetic engineering to be better suited to live in the modern world.
We right now are just unfortunate enough to live in a transitional phase where society has advanced sufficiently far from the environment we adapted to, but technology hasn't allowed us to modify ourselves accordingly yet.
>>
>>75739192
It doesn't. It increases cortisol.
>>
File: roids3.jpg (60 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
roids3.jpg
60 KB, 640x640
>>75748768
Unless you are a tranny, you simply buy roids from a trusted source.
And don't buy into the natty fucks saying you'll die, nowadays the sideeffects are very manageable and you can also go to a good doctor and have him oversee your cycles, the only thing he can't "legally" do is prescribe you roids but getting them is the easiest part.
>>
>>75748405
dinner is more like 12-25 here
>>
>>75748987
t.roid seller.
>>
>>75748987
I don't know man, didn't Zyzz die that way.
>>
>>75749243
Zyzz died from jizz.
>>
>>75749329
like ur mom lmao
>>
>>75748987

>Brazilian intellectuals
>>
File: 1441671662557.png (642 KB, 726x1040) Image search: [Google]
1441671662557.png
642 KB, 726x1040
>>75748183
>>75748796
did you just ask yourself for your own skype while using stutter-type?
>>
File: 1452773061603.jpg (41 KB, 469x611) Image search: [Google]
1452773061603.jpg
41 KB, 469x611
>had serious depression. Life was shit and going down hill fast
>psychiatrist gave me meds
>life now good. Happy with job, have friends and social activities.
>tfw I can't help but feel a clawing in the back of my mind that it's all fake and I've let them play Brave New World in my brain
>>
>>75749063
>>75749406
You are literally retarded if you think the side effects are not manageable if done right, such as under the aid of a doctor who knows their shit.
The people you see dieing from roid abuse on the media literally do it out of their asses with no PCT, retarded doses, etc
Then again, I'm guessing you also think fitness models, actors, celebrities, athletes are all """"""""""""natty""""""""""""
Roids are amazing, they make you look great, feel great, it's just the plain truth.
>>75749243
Zyzz had the lifestlyle of a crack whore, what were you expecting?
>>
>>75749243
Yes, he had an unknown heart condition and the roids caused to become exacerbated and then killed him. Roids are for morons.
>>
>>75749743
>Then again, I'm guessing you also think fitness models, actors, celebrities, athletes are all """"""""""""natty""""""""""""
But I precisely don't think they are natty.
>>75749743
>Zyzz had the lifestlyle of a crack whore, what were you expecting?
like most roider. Hey, maybe they are part of the problem too?
>>
>>75738186
pretty much
>>
>>75749679
>tfw depression is a vicious cycle which few ways out

If you think about it life itself is all about hormones and a lot of depression cases are hormonal imbalance, so you use meds just to balance those fucking hormones.

>tfw life itself it's all fake
>>
File: 1464557401507.jpg (31 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
1464557401507.jpg
31 KB, 480x320
>>75738186
Butthurt will flow like water over fpbp here, but it's 100% true. In the 90s capitalism started getting hypercynical and went apeshit on society, forcing hypersexuality, low product and service quality and crushing poverty on everyone in order to make the rich richer. Stupid conservakikes are still blaming the wrong thing for the lives they now hate.
>>
>like most roider. Hey, maybe they are part of the problem too?
I have already said it. If you do it wrong, of course you're going to get fucked.
If you roid the right way, the side effects are manageable. If you roid out of your ass with no PCT, retarded doses, AND also happen to live like an addict shooting all sorts of other drugs inside your system and partying all night long is it really a surprise that you'll get fucked?

Are roids 100%, completely, absolute safe? Nope. Just like almost anything in life.
Are they very manageable to the point the benefits vastly outnumber the risks? Fuck yeah.
>>
because northern hemisphere countries are more likely to be depressed. something to do with lack of sun.

also income inequality. so yes capitalism has a role to play in all of this though i wouldn't necessarily say it is the cause of it all. capitalism facilitates for certain parties to amass a lot of wealth which leads to higher rates of crime, depression etc.
>>
>>75749679
>>75750074
I would do the same but I heard that SSRIs decrease testosterone etc.

I read one guy's experience after 2 years of using SSRIs and he said how now he has 0 libido and pretty much nonfuction in bed.

This is a major NO for me.
>>
>>75738904
Not every athiest is a leftist anon
>>
File: Muh Technojesus.jpg (382 KB, 527x585) Image search: [Google]
Muh Technojesus.jpg
382 KB, 527x585
>>75745360
>>75746962
This.

>>75747195
>People just aren't evolved enough yet to live as soulless termites
This is more technojesus horseshit. It erroneously implies that the problem isn't that everything is shit but that everything is just so very wonderful that we can't experience it properly yet.
>>
>>75739429
I mow(push mower) grass while listening to Sabaton and it makes me so fucking happy
>>
It all comes down to hopelessness.

Hopeless about your future, hopeless about the economy, or hopeless about your relationships.

We've amplified the hopelessness people feel for the past decade or so.
>>
>>75750262
>Are they very manageable to the point the benefits vastly outnumber the risks? Fuck yeah.
for you.
I don't like the exagerated look you gain from it. It's just like a woman with fake tits: incredibly superfical without any merits.
>but you won't be as big
sure, but I want to be proud of myself from my own merits and efforts, not because of products.
It's harder, but it's like that for me.
>>
>>75750658
Well, it's fine if you don't want to use roids, Pierre.
It is a personal choice, after all.
Frankly it's only retarded when deluded, naive fucks who buy into the whole """""""natty""""" physique think they'll ever look like that without roids.
So long as you know there are limits as to what you can look like without them, which are actually very closely related to your genetics instead of hard work and effort, and this is what most people are afraid to admit, then it's fine.
Of course you can look good without them, assuming you don't want that big and ripped look at the same time, but like I said it can actually take years and years and years depending on your background and genetics.
>>
>>75750986
>Frankly it's only retarded when deluded, naive fucks who buy into the whole """""""natty""""" physique think they'll ever look like that without roids.
ho but I agree entirely.
>>
File: images.jpg (26 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
26 KB, 384x384
No God, no hope.
Know God, know hope.
>>
File: 1427927183742.jpg (335 KB, 1260x660) Image search: [Google]
1427927183742.jpg
335 KB, 1260x660
>>75737913
Most people give up their dreams over and over again for the sake of instant pleasure, and try to kill their own individuality instead of facing the loneliness of a true independent individual. It just gets you sooner or later
The Fear of Freedom describes the second Issue in a beautifully detailed way while treating other interesting themes related to both the capitalism society and the rise of Nazism, God-tier book if someone is interested in it
>>
>>75737913
Because of the women in it.
>>
>>75739883
Spot on, man
>>
>>75751164
Jesus Christ, C.S. Lewis becomes more annoying every time I see a quote from him.
>>
>>75741019
Bruhhhhhhhh I'm reading this right now. Have you read any of his other books?
>>
>>75751164
How will worshipping a dead kike on a stick make someone happy?
>>
because jews pilfer your shekels to give to themselves
>>
File: 1457053684454.jpg (26 KB, 498x412) Image search: [Google]
1457053684454.jpg
26 KB, 498x412
>>75749676
>implying it wasnt you
>>
>>75751509
The Way of Men is good too.
>>
>>75751529
False hope.
Take a look at India, due to their religion the poos in loos actually think it's alright to suffer like the poor bastards do living in their shitholes because it means they'll be rewarded in the afterlife.
>>
>>75751529
by not being an epic sarcastic fuck for starter.
>>
>>75737913
Degenerate emo """""""culture""""""". Being depressed is just another way to get special snowflake status.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.