[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 0492 - XzCalxd.png (77 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
0492 - XzCalxd.png
77 KB, 225x225
what is the obsession with the number 12 about
>12 Gods of olympus
>12 challenges of hercules
>12 disciples
>hindu pajeet believes 12 years in forest
>hindu pajeet 12 names of surya
>12 tribes of israel
>12 days of christmas
>12 Imams / successors of muhammed
>orthodox 12 feastdays
>12 months
>jewish girl becomes woman at age 12
>12 hours in half day
>12 angry men
>12 cranial nerves
>12 zodiac signs
>even morons have something with 12 in it

so i ask again, what is the obession with the number 12?
and why is 13 "unlucky"
>>
>>75726662
>mormans* not morons
>>
Humanity's original reptilian overlords have six digits on each hand.
>>
I'm more partial to the number 11
>>
>>75726711
What's the difference
>>
>>75726662

don't forget the 12 commandments.
>>
File: image.gif (133 KB, 350x499) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
133 KB, 350x499
>>75726662

Occult/Ancient religious association. Similar case with the number 3 and the number 7 (which once represent the sun, moon, and the five planets the ancients knew of). It's sort of tough to explain, and I have neither the time nor the word limit to even scratch the surface. So I'll recommend a book instead - The Hermetic Tradition, by Julius Evola.
>>
>>75726971
>10?
>>75726963
yeah yeah, i knew that was coming
>>75727044
will look up
>>
File: HappyMerchant.gif (35 KB, 445x445) Image search: [Google]
HappyMerchant.gif
35 KB, 445x445
>>75726662
It's because the 12 tribes of Israel
>>
Double 6, which has so many parallels in math and science, such as hexagonal grids and metatrons cube shit.

13 is a lucky number for Sicilians, that being said Sicilians understood modernism (self accountability, life is suffering, the necessity of evil) long, long before even Siddhartha started ranting about his enlightenment. What do you expect from a people surrounded by retards that think Sicily is anything except Sicilian clay? Sicilians aren't Italian, they're not north African, they're not even Semitic or Greek, they're fucking Sicilian.
>>
>>75726662
Well starting from the 12 months part, 12 revolutions of the moon about earth is approximately 1 revolution of the earth about the sun (with significant error).
This seems to be the most logical starting point for the other things.
>>
>>75727378
>sicilians
>no greek descent

mmmmeeehhhhhh
>>
>>75727572
5D pali get
>>
File: Pythagoras.jpg (91 KB, 700x400) Image search: [Google]
Pythagoras.jpg
91 KB, 700x400
>>75726662
Because 12 is a convient number with many factors, making it very useful in early mathematics, which were often tied to religious beliefs
>>
>>75727843
holy fuck.
>your pic
3+4+5 = 12.........
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.