[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why women do not use dresses as much as they did 50 years ago?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: images (7).jpg (26 KB, 342x430) Image search: [Google]
images (7).jpg
26 KB, 342x430
Why women do not use dresses as much as they did 50 years ago?

Look, I'm not a muslim, I believe in the "her body, her rules" and that they could wear anything they like, but why choose thight pants and shorts over dresses? Dresses are supposed to be more comfortable.
>>
Because it's not the 1950s anymore and fashion style changes
>>
>>75718477
Because at least in America they're too fat to look stylish in them
>>
Wearing a dress requires you to move with dignity and grace, not lounge around with your legs spread. This is too difficult for women intent on acting like drunken whores in pursuit of effort free attention..
>>
Dresses are more comfortable, but they're not in style so ya
>>
I like women who dress like Mormons or who wear jeans and t-shirts. I don't even mind if their hair is a little messy and they don't have makeup
>>
bc they want to "look good/sexy"
>>
File: 1457652128912.jpg (4 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
1457652128912.jpg
4 MB, 2448x3264
If more women wore dresses, than more women would wear dresses.

Women, more so than men, are almost slaves to trends. Whatever the hot thing is that all the other girls are wearing, is what girls will wear.

Go out in public and look around at how women dress. They';re almost all carbon copies of each other.
>>
It would be the same level of comfort and autism as a man wearing a business suit and fedora full time.
>>
This is why I love living in an orthodox Jewish area I never see women wearing pants unless I decide to leave my area and all the men are in fedoras and suits
>>
>>75719839
I don't wear a suit everyday but I'm in at least a pair of slacks and a jacket everyday and it's more comfortable than jeans and a t shirt, I haven't worn jeans in over 6 years and I never will again
>>
File: 1443461785832.jpg (144 KB, 409x800) Image search: [Google]
1443461785832.jpg
144 KB, 409x800
I wear dresses/skirts a lot and they're pretty comfy, but as previously stated, they aren't in style. I constantly get comments about being too "dressed up". Last Christmas I even got flak from my mother for dressing too fancy for church. Also been called a hipster. So yeah, sometimes I get discouraged from wearing dresses.
>>
>>75722551
Just do what you think is right or feels comfortable for you, I get the same comments all the time when I put on a jacket but I just don't feel comfortable dressed casually.
>>
>>75719482
/thread
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.