[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we fix education?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24
How do we fix education?
>>
File: sat[1].png (57 KB, 640x554) Image search: [Google]
sat[1].png
57 KB, 640x554
>>75652857
Make teaching a male-dominated profession.
>>
File: 1452265283078.webm (2 MB, 408x720) Image search: [Google]
1452265283078.webm
2 MB, 408x720
Not using Tumblr images
>>
>>75652857
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>75652857
Is this from movie? Cuz i wanna see it now
>>
No cell phone usage by students in school. It's never gonna happen but it would help.
>>
>>75652857
The same answer we always bring.

Natsoc, might need slight modernisation but not much.
>>
>>75652857
If you're in a class dealing with imaginary numbers you should be able to do simple addition and subtraction already.
>>
>>75652857
Is that a remedial math class?
>>
>>75652857
This is how you spot braindeads.
They always ask questions like this.
>>
>MUH CHECK BOOKS
Guess how I can tell this was written by a liberal arts major?

It's rather sad, you know. Schools put a lot of effort into trying to get kids the information they need to discover potential career paths. But instead of learning how to advance themselves, liberals demand to maintain.

You don't know how to make money in the first place. What good does balancing a check book do you?
>>
>>75652857
This is an interesting meme.

Why do so much people hold the opinion that math as taught in school is useless? What does this faggot want to do in life? All janitor and burger flipper positions are already taken.
>>
>>75652857
Kill every cunt that bitches about it
>>
The same way people love Literature and ask why they're learning about imaginary numbers, people that love Math normally ask, why do I have to read this fucking retarded book?
Different strokes for different folks. Just because one side bitches about it more, doesn't always mean that there is something wrong with it.
>>
>>75653467
You literally don't need more than 9th/10th grade math for anything below specialized math based jobs
>Inb4 you claim the only job below mathematical engineer is burger flipper
>>
>teach me how to balance a check book

yeah, you start by not spending more money than you have, you stupid faggot
>>
>>75652857
>How do I balance check book

Step one, calculate monthly income
Step two, put like 20% of that shit in a roth or some kind of savings account or buy stocks as you see fit, make sure you've got like 6 months of living expensiveness in the bank ready to go
step three pay all your fucking bills
step four, do whatever the fuck you want with the rest or save it, invest or some shit, buy a rental property and become a land-jew

step 5 it's 2016 and the only time you write checks anymore is for weird random shit here and there

Step 5: Learn imaginary numbers so you can comprehend greater abstract reasoning and not be a fucking moron you little shit, that christian guy behind you looks like he gets a thousand more sluts than you and directly behind you, is the bull you are prepped for.

I really don't know how people are bad with money.
>>
>>75653467

I'm of the opinion that schooling should have more skills & career oriented methods. Like start with the foundational and day-to-day knowledge that most people will use regularly (your reading, writing, arithmetic). Then as the child develops specific interests you nudge them towards that with lesson plans catering to the specific interests relevant to the kid.
>>
>>75653418
>>75652857
If you can't balance a checkbook, you do not understand the simple concept of addition/subtraction and therefore should be gassed
>>
>>75652857
Make elite students literally elite. Elite students eat catered food. Elite students have a lounge. Threatening an elite results in getting your ass beat. Elite students get a stipend. Etc.
>>
>>75652857
>can't understand basic math when taught
>thinks he'll understand balancing a checkbook when taught
Shiggy
>>
Any other dyslexia / dyscalculia people in here?
>>
>>75652857
Things like this are why they shouldn't wait to teach critical thinking until high school.
>>
>>75652857
German kids become dumb as shit at the moment.
This whole special snowflake bullshit leads to a generation with no fucking spine.

We don't even have basic shit like accounting in our schools, something everyone needs when he's working in a company or even as politician.

What our kids learn? Who was Emmett "the first dindu" Till and why the potatoniggers have no potatoes (joke, I love you Irish fucks).
>>
File: 1424684463274.png (80 KB, 1264x471) Image search: [Google]
1424684463274.png
80 KB, 1264x471
>>75652857
>muh usefulness
top goy
>>
>>75653809
I think it's supposed to be more about the "process" of solving the problem, not about actually being able to.

Higher level math teaches how to logically solve a problem by applying what you know to a new situation

>or something like that
>>
>>75655092
>>75652857
Balancing a checkbook is basically spend less than you take in. You don't even really need algebra to do it, its that easy.
But I will say unless you go into engineering knowing what an imaginary number is won't do much.
What we really need is jobs.
All of that personal finance jargon doesn't amount to shit if I've got no income coming in.
>>
>>75655148
no such thing
>>
>>75652857

Offer personal finance courses. That's what these kids want. We shouldn't teach how to balance a checkbook in mathematics courses.
>>
>>75652857
Technically all numbers are imaginary, they're complete abstractions. They can represent real things though.
>>
>>75652955

>BUT ITS SO HARD
>SEXISM PREVALENT IN SCHOOLS
>TEACHERS ARE SO MEAN

The solution is much simpler.

Segregate the sexes in schools.

Male students, male teachers.
>>
>>75652857
>you want to do what ever physics allowed us to do for the last century, you have to use imaginary numbers
>not useful
Does he wants someone to teach him how to serve coffee at starbucks too?
>>
>>75652955
So is this the math and verbal sections averaged together?

Why not combine the two and average that?
>>
people still use checks?
>>
>>75652857
>muh checkbook meme

also:
>[CURRENT YEAR]
>checks and checkbooks
get your shit together, america
>>
File: MAGA.png (881 KB, 776x874) Image search: [Google]
MAGA.png
881 KB, 776x874
>>75656499
Imaginary number are used for so many things.
>Electronics and electrical currents
>Physics
>Pure or Applied mathematics
>Chemistry
>Finding vector directions
It is essential for any stem job. Even computer science requires them.
>>
Heres how you fix schooling:
>Male and female segregation has proven to increase performance
> Teach useful life skills since modern parents usually fail to
>Teach reason, philosophy, evidence based decision making, critical thinking, etc.
>Teach politics, geography, show students how the world actually works so we don't have so many idiot conspiratards
>Have actually good teachers
>Increase funding and make use of school funds more efficient
>Increase technology on schools and at the very least make sure everyone is technologically literate, coding would be good as well
>Instill students with a sense of national pride
>Change the atmosphere of school: make it more competitive, don't hand out As Willy nilly, have severe consequences for cheating and make it much harder to teach
>Make rigorous physical activity mandatory
>Smart children should be able to excel, and slower ones should be left behind
>>
>>75657025
my father pays all his bills by receiving a statement via snail mail, writing a paper check, and mailing it back. He also refuses to use ATMs, when he needs cash he goes to a bank branch and fills out a little form and takes it to a teller.

Checks won't die until all the boomers do.
>>
>>75657589
I refuse to use ATM or debit cards

it like you want niggers to rob you
>>
>>75657678
>having cash on you
>it's like you want niggers to rob you
fixed it for you
>>
>>75657678
have you considered not living around niggers
>>
>>75657755
I don't carry cash either
>>
>>75652857
By stop wasting time on little faggots like in your picture and instead focus on the smart kids or kids who see the value of learning.

>How to balance a check book
5 minutes on google, people are fucking stupid.
>>
>>75657839
>no cash
>no cards
what do you pay with? blowjobs?
>>
>>75652857
Why doesn't this guy take a personal finances class? Why is he wasting everyone's time trying to act above it all when he clearly is too stubborn to make an attempt to understand the material?
>>
>>75658007
credit

I never got le ebil credit card meme you see on /pol/
>>
>>75655839
Physics is empirical too though.
I wish you could make a decent living by studying mathematics
>>
>>75652857
>How do we fix education?

The simple answer is to have the separation of education and state. The state should have zero involvement in running schools, and homeschoolers should get tax reductions.
>>
>>75657521
>Teach reason, philosophy, evidence based decision making, critical thinking, etc.
>Teach politics, geography,

That's nice but where's the real sciences and maths? Chemistry, biology, physics, calculus and etc? Also some basic behavioral science should be a requirement.
>>
How is budgeting so complicated to understand for people? You obtain so much money per month, you spend however much on bills and the remainder is however much you have to work with to do what you like with.
>>
>>75652955
Means nothing, my last male math professor graded our tests as 1/3 correct answer, 1/3 how pretty and 1/3 every step detailed including how to get 1+1 to equal 2
>>
File: 1464663903373.jpg (612 KB, 1223x1630) Image search: [Google]
1464663903373.jpg
612 KB, 1223x1630
Was the "Leave No Child Behind" testament detrimental to education?
>>
>>75658467
people want to keep up with the Joneses. I've seen households with two six-figure incomes living paycheck to paycheck because they needed to have a McMansion in a trendy neighborhood, new BMWs, new iThings every year, etc, because they wanted to project the image of success and affluence to everyone they know.
>>
Abolish state run schools. Have corporations operate education facilities which supply fulltime career jobs for their child employees when they finish their education. Also, children should be paid to learn.

I call them McSchools.
>>
>>75653467
Maths just isn't for some people. But yeah it's a dumb meme, there's nothing wrong with teaching the fundamentals of everything in school, I mean I didn't like biology but I dealt with it.
>>
>>75657766
>Amerikkka
>being able to avoid the groid
Simply not possible
>>
File: 1464120891653.jpg (246 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1464120891653.jpg
246 KB, 1280x720
>>75653270

Underrated

>pic related, modern education
>>
>>75659105
That's fake, famalamadingdong
>>
>>75654256
great post. here's a (You)
>>
>>75657472
>Electronics and electrical currents
As someone working on an electrical degree I'm gonna call shenanigans on that.
At the very least they're not used for anything practical or useful.
>>
>>75657521
>slower ones should be left behind

Fucks sake I can never tell when people are being serious or not on this site, but that made me laugh either way
>>
privatize it. Let the 'walmart' of education rise and teach us how to do it.
>>
File: markets 416.png (596 KB, 1608x4104) Image search: [Google]
markets 416.png
596 KB, 1608x4104
>>75652857
We need another culling, like the black death

It's really the only way, to many idiots have been allowed to survive and multiply

Luckily we won't have to wait long
>>
>>75654256
Paying bills is third? There people living nearly paycheck to paycheck out there, some people have to pay bills first then save then spend money on frivolities.
>>
>>75659404
Ebolachan save us all!
>>
>>75659382
How is it funny.
Thats the way it works (should work) in Germany.
After 4-6 years of school you have 2-3 different types of schools you can go to depended on how good you were.
>>
>>75657472
I said that in my post, Imaginary numbers are used in engineering

>>75659326
EE undergrad here
You will use it in the higher levels of circuit analysis, specifically AC current and phases
>>
File: 1412968276636.jpg (50 KB, 580x329) Image search: [Google]
1412968276636.jpg
50 KB, 580x329
>>75657521
>>Teach reason, philosophy, evidence based decision making, critical thinking, etc.
I thought this idea was perfect until I had a mandatory class at a university a few years back where this was, in theory, the purpose.
What it ended up being was a liberal propaganda class where they basically said
>if you don't reach THIS conclusion then you're not thinking critically.
Where the conclusion was always some shit that was easily proven wrong by ACTUAL critical thinking.
>mfw I got a low grade on my first paper after disassembling their argument and using fact based reasoning to prove mine
>>
>>75659326
Bitch don't even try and say EEs don't use imaginary numbers
We use that shit so much we call it j because i stands for current and we need both a lot.
>>
To be fair, it would be nice if they did teach "Personal Finance" or something in high school.
>>
>>75659502
Then you need to get a better job.

>>75659212
Thanks, it's good to have confirmation.
>>
>>75658163
>doesn't use debit cards
>Will use a credit card

Small town American education folks
>>
>>75659742
Does it actually apply in the field though or it it just high level theorheticals for the sake of itself?
>>
>>75657472
>It is essential for any stem job. Even computer science requires them.
Explain this?
Maybe some field, like for signal processing, but that's not that big.
>>
>>75659676
Society needs different skill sets believe it or not, just because someone isn't academically smart doesn't mean they don't deserve an education. There are always other options.

idk about Germany but TAFE works well for us here in Australia.
>>
Classes specifically for people like him who have no ambition of higher learning, or indeed any inclination to google "how to balance a checkbook". Crapouts 101, or whatever you want to call it.
>>
>>75659885
Credit cards give you greater protection against loss (by law you can't be liable for unauthorized use above $50, in practice no credit-card issuer makes you liable for anything. With a debit card anything that happens is on you) and carry cash-back and rewards programs that debit cards don't.

They literally pay you to use credit cards. All you have to do is have the discipline to not spend money you don't have, and pay it off in full every month.
>>
>>75659935
>just because someone isn't academically

Academically smart doesnt mean anything anymore either when i see even high level stem beta cucks bend over to liberal art majors who use the gender/race card to dictate them around
>>
>>75659326
what?
If you have AC currents everything is calculated through complex numbers.
Thats second semester stuff.
>>
>>75659326
>Amps
>Volts
>Resistance

In alternating currents, the voltage and ampage aren't scalar. They alternate in amplitude and direction which means they can't be defined by linear, single dimension numbers. That's where I and J comes in. For instance, you can say that the ampage of an ac current is 2+4i.
>>
>>75654256
>no real job with retirement investment benefits
>random stocks
>dumping cash into a roth
>cuck ad infinitum
the alt right is confirmed to be subhuman
>>
>>75659856
there's 'home economics'
I'm not sure what it is since I never took it
>>
>>75660095
you invented digital electronics that work on alternating current? impressive, anon.
>>
>>75660136
>/pol/
>alt right
pick one faggot
>>
>>75659885
>I have no idea what my credit limit is
>I make minimal payments on credit card debt

there is literally no downside to CC's when you aren't functionally retarded
>>
>>75660112
I've just always used Vp-p or Vrms
Are those just more precise or am I completely off base?
>>
>>75652857
The math to balance your checkbook was already taught like 5 years before imaginaries get introduced.
>>
>>75659897
For programming that deals more closely to the hardware is when it's used. For controllers too, mostly. It goes back to electronic usage and control the fluctuation, ampage, and voltage of systems and frequencies.

You could take it a step further a d say that quantum computing deals with it very closely when detecting the spin states of electrons.
>>
>>75660078
nice memeing but this isn't a real argument

In school you learn maths, science, and hopefully critical thinking, this has nothing to do with liberal arts
>>
>>75660182
We had it at my school and it was half sewing and half baking sugar cookies.
I did end up in a class like personal finances, where we learned how to write a check and balance a checkbook. Also basic shit like how to address a letter. When I'm in a post office for some reason, I usually see one person ask how to address a letter.
>>
>I have a thirst for knowledge... about mundane shit like balancing checkbooks and writing a resume
>I think checkbooks are important in the age of online banking and credit/debit cards
>I also live in the digital age where I could learn this on my own in less than a half hour on Google
>but I still insist that public schools integrate it with their curriculum
>Imaginary numbers aren't as easily self-taught via Internet and it can help to have a human teacher there to answer your questions and guide you through it
>but fuck that I want to interrupt him with my defeatists little shit attitude and make it clear that I haven't been paying attention this whole time
So many things wrong with the checkbook meme
>>
>>75652857
Kid is right, cumpulsory education teaches way too many (for most) useless things. The last 2 years if HS should be dedicated only to practical knowledge such as how loans work and how you take them non-retardedly.
>>
>>75660464
>I usually see one person ask how to address a letter.
probably because letters are rarely used nowadays
>>
>>75659935
TAFE has turned to shit mate
>>
>>75655839
>someone felt that the creation of this image was necessary

wew lad
>>
Stop making it mandatory. And destroy free public schools. I am completely serious.

Forcing everyone to attend school until 17-18 is a waste and only hurts those who are really trying to learn. Public schools have to cater to their stupidest students, most of whom still leave the system unable to perform basic tasks. Thousands are wasted each year per student for no results.

If you want people to take things seriously, you make them pay for it. Parents being forced to directly pay for schooling will make them care more about their child's education. The dumb kids with no potential can just start working retail/fast food earlier.
>>
I have never understood people who live paycheck to paycheck. Simple budgeting and smart spending has gotten me far in life. I used to think math was worthless but when I began to live on my own it proved so useful. I guess that's why some people climb out of poverty and others don't.
>>
>>75652857
The same we fix literally all of the problems in the world, remove the Jew. Find me any problem from anywhere on the planet and if there isn't a Jew behind it somewhere, I'll eat my own head on tc.
>>
>>75660341
E = I • Z

>E = voltage
>I = current/ampage
>Z= impedance

Impedance, current, and voltage are expressed using complex numbers.
>>
>>75652857
Fuck this kid and your shitty tumblr image. Math doesn't need to be "fixed".
>>
>>75660232
You have no idea what you are talking about right?
Just because your Pc doesnt uses DC does not mean that it comes out of your wall.

AC is used very often and you use complex numbers as an easy mathematical description.
>>
>>75660710
How so? I've always been under the impression that Australia relies heavily on self produced labor and a lot of the skills required for a trade are taught in TAFE
>>
>>75660568
But if we taught the kids how loans work then the poor little holocaust survivors will starve!
>>
>>75659893
A little bit of both
Phases really comes into play if your running multiple generators or sources. If one is out of phase one generator will feed into another and your going to have a bad time. So if you end up at a power station or sub station its pretty important(how much I don't know, I am still an undergrad)

At other times for extremely basic practical use it doesn't come into play.
>>
>>75652857
I don't really know what you mean
But in the picture the problem is poor parental support.
Taxes insurances checkbooks.
It's your parents duty to help you if there's anything you need about those things
>>
>>75652857
Speaking for my country, maybe pipe down on the intensity. Our kids study science subjects taught in 9th grade USA in 5th grade here. There are hundreds of kids killing themselves over education pressure, something that's a so called right that everyone should get.
>>
>>75660759
>stupidest
This anon has a point, public school failed
>>
Hi xD
>>
>>75652857
>How do we fix education?
End the age-based cohort system. Allow students to advance at their own pace for each individual subject so you don't have kids reading two or three years ahead of grade level in the same class as Tyrone who sounds.out.ev.er.y.word.
>>
>>75661114
>intensity. Our kids study science subjects taught in 9th grade USA in 5th grade here
See this is what I'm talking about. All that science, which of course most of you will forget or have no use for, instead of teaching them practical knowledge such as how to poo in a loo.
>>
>>75660568
>Sweden cucking the smart and ambitious students to teach basic shit that no one needs a teacher for

Jeez who would have thought.
>>
>>75661003
I learned all of those in AC transistor circuits with no imaginary numbers.
>>75661093
I'm definitely going to ask about this stuff when i get back in school in fall. It seems pretty niche.
>>
>>75661035
Government cutting pretty much all funding to it, nobody willing to teach at TAFE, a lot of problems with apprentices being dropped at the last stage so the company doesn't have to take them on as an employee.
>>
>>75661114

>implying Indians can do math
>implying the most qualified indians are not just brainless codemonkeys
>>
>>75661306
Jesus, I need to keep up with Australian politics.
>>
Short but good read on this topic by honorary white Thomas Sowell:
https://books.google.de/books?id=hxmQ2W-yGiwC&pg=PA354&lpg=PA354&dq=thomas+sowell+idiocy+of+relevance&source=bl&ots=TOcqpwKJbG&sig=Mg5A7XeUWK5uDZugtDvRkFZW4_Q&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwimp42C4oTNAhVJ2hoKHbfuCuoQ6AEIHzAB#v=onepage&q=thomas%20sowell%20idiocy%20of%20relevance&f=false
>>
>>75660568
No.
School is about teaching a person how to think and reason.
It has little to do with facts, outside of how to use your brain to learn needed facts.

This "math is useless" meme is whats killing the west.

The reason math is taught is not because you need it specifically. But you need to learn how to learn something abstract. And math is pretty useful to learn because its abstract, but also concrete.
>>
>>75661267
I noticed my mistake after the post. The last 2 years of HS should be dedicated entirely to practical knowledge AND chosen subjects such as natural or social sciences.

Like if a student chooses a natural science path then all social sciences would be replaced with practical knowledge classes, etc.
>>
>>75660072
>>75660254
>yfw my bank offers the same protection on a credit card as they do on debit cards
Not my fault your bank is screwing you over
>>
Damn... Really makes you think
>>
>>75652857
If they ever aspired to be something in stem they would know imaginary number are useful. But they keep spreading this meme because they will never have a high paying job and just want to be a garbage collector or auto mechanic all their life.
>>
>>75660759
But then you'll destroy the opportunity for those who are intelligent but just happened to grow up poor like Ben Carson. Just have a dual system of public and private schools like we do now.
>>
>>75661462
Genetics determines intelligence, not hours spent studying math. Do you seriously think idiots will ever have any use for HS math?
>>
>>75660476
Yep, it's also not a coincidence that the people who complain about how school does not prepare them for later life ("why do I need to know Pythagoras?") were the very same people who were bad at school and left with a poor education (like not knowing Pythagoras).
>>
File: catboulangerie.webm (470 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
catboulangerie.webm
470 KB, 720x404
>>75659751
This shit make me rage, thank you, have a cat.
>>
>>75661620
At least a mechanic is a skilled job.
>>
File: 123421.png (2 KB, 180x34) Image search: [Google]
123421.png
2 KB, 180x34
>>75652857
Why are children not taught the proper definition of complex numbers? Are most Americans really too retarded to understand this?
>>
>>75652857
i is extremely important for any higher physics/mathematics
>>
>>75661495
That's better but I still think that's too early for asking students to start specializing in something. Even Bachelor's degrees are still meant to be mostly establishing a broad base of knowledge in the form of core classes so high school should be as well. Which is why you can go into medical school with a degree in music here in America.

A few electives and maybe a semester of practical living skills is fine but it shouldn't take away 2 years worth of basic knowledge.
>>
>>75652857

Imaginary numbers are very important if you wan to be an electrical engineer :^)
>>
>>75652857
I believe you learned how to balance a checkbook in early elementary school with the introduction of such concepts as "addition" and "subtraction.

In any case the image is great because it highlights everything that is wrong with those who complain about education, and whenever someone shares it on Facebook I know without a doubt that person is functionally retarded.
>>
>>75661620
>just want to be a garbage collector or auto mechanic all their life
No they don't. They think they will be an actor or other dream job.
For all the jobs you could have picked, you picked you picked pretty decent ones.

Try retail or warehouse laborer.
>>
>>75659885
Regularly using credit cards when you know you can pay the credit improves your credit score you fuck.
>>
>>75652857
Easy, just don't spend more than you make. Do people really need to be taught this?
>>
>>75652857
>takes class about complex numbers
>uhh how do i balance a checkbook
>>
>teach me how to pay taxes!!! xd
it takes literally 30 minutes to learn, and that """"""not useful"""""" math is why you can fly to other countries you fucking lazy piece of shit
>>
>>75661890
Yeah but have u ever talked to one? These are the people who were basically retarded in high school but liked cars.
>>
>>75662217
>muh credit score

Yeah, uh, nah. I'm not buying into that cult.
>>
>>75659751

>had a shit biology class in college
>due to "university requirements", all classes now have to have at least one writing assignment
>professor picks the topic
>suppose to argue evolution vs creation
>write essay showing theories/evidence for both sides
>have paper completely thrown out
>"it's clear creation was the correct answer!"
>over half the class fails due to this bullshit
>professor still has a job
>>
>>75662151
You're probably right but I picked those two because you get dirty as fuck and it's hard, manual labor for the most part.
>>
File: c71QEaXl.jpg (72 KB, 568x640) Image search: [Google]
c71QEaXl.jpg
72 KB, 568x640
>>75659169

I want to believe that's true, Leaf Wellington, but I've seen too much shit...
>>
>>75653102

If I became a teacher, I'd probably just build a jammer out of sheer aggravation.

Then I'd likely be caught, fined into financial ruin, and sent to jail.

It'd still be worth it.
>>
>>75661620
What's wrong with auto mechanic? It's at least a step or two above grocery bagger.
>>
Thinking about it I have more of a problem with the glorification of being uneducated like the idea of bragging about not understanding or caring about something that's complex. It's like when you see people bragging about the fact they can't cook. It isn't something to be proud of it just shows your a lazy useless fuck that refuses to even put in the slightest effort because it's too hard.
>>
>>75662096
Recent EE grad reporting in
>>
>>75657472
Yeah throwing out imaginary numbers is essentially equivalent to throwing out all of science and engineering and everything that allows modern civilization to exist.

But who needs stupid shit like that? Muh checkbook.
>>
>>75652857
But that picture is fucking wrong, you retard. Imaginary number are incredibly useful in physics and engineering where you complexify a current with Euler's Identity.
>>
What does it mean to "balance a checkbook"?
Like, add everything in the left and right column and then subtract? Do you really need to teach that?
>>
>>75662335
They still at least picked a career that involves a skill instead of just cruising through pointless jobs where you can be easily replaced.
>>
>>75661328
Kek
Mate if Indians are passable at anything, it's mathematics. Even our so called IT geniuses couldn't tell the difference between a Linux shell and windows command prompt.
I accept it, we suck at everything.

>>75661462
This
Quality education means giving the person the ability to solve problems, facts just aid there process.
Rote memorization kills all the creativity in a person and gives them an lazy ass way to proceed in life without thinking for himself. I had the chance to interview some fresh CS college grads for developers positions my company a few months ago. I asked one of them half as a joke to explain what is the difference between voltage and current, and this guy started blabbering the Wikipedia definition word to word, I stopped him and asked him to explain in layman's terms and he was dumbstruck.
We didn't hire him, thankfully

>>75661651
You're missing the point, maths had infinite uses in daily life. Integration can tell you a million things about your income graph and help you plan accordingly, linear programming will help you find the optimum combination between various real life situations, simple coordinate geometry will help you immensely in interpreting graphs.
Maths had infinite uses, you can pretty much apply it anywhere
>>
>>75662017
Most Americans don't learn about sets until college, yes.
Frankly, I'd rather have people who aren't going into stem fields take things like probability and discrete math in college, not fucking CALCULUS. Those people are NEVER going to use fucking vector calculus or infinite series. They "can" use conditional probability and counting.
>>
>>75662473
Those who don't give a shit about imaginary numbers are the ones working on the cars of the people who make them.

Also they always do a shitty job and up charge everything. Stop stripping every fucking bolt you cunts. That's why u should do ur own mechanic work unless it's a yuuuuuuge job.
>>
With online banking you don't really need to balance a chequebook anymore.
>>
There'd be a big change in schools if teachers actually had to compete to keep their positions. But teacher's unions, big and small, always campaign against it.

Instead we'll let teachers get away with teaching their personal bias and sometimes abuse because they can do no wrong.
>>
>>75659105
>>75659169
In my AP Gov class we had to write news stories in tweets
>>
>>75652857
By bitchslapping faggots that think they're smarter than they are.
>>
>>75662355
You may not, but any time you're trying to get a loan, people will. If you're going out to get a mortgage for a home, who is the bank going to give a better deal? The guy who is shit at paying debts or the guy with a proven history of paying back borrowed money?
>>
>Can someone please teach me something useful like how to balance a checkbook?

Sure thing! Here's your lesson, right now!

First, go to Google. Then, search "how to balance a checkbook". After completing your search, select one of the millions of pages in the results and read it. Now you're a master of checkbook balancing!
>>
If he hates being taught superfluous math concepts so much why the fuck is he taking a higher placement math course? I know that they don't teach imaginary numbers in mid and low courses that you're supposed to take if you have no ambition to be a doctor or engineer.
>>
>>75662725
It'd probably make them more redpilled too if they can understand statistics.

Every statistics course ever should have to look at and interpret FBI crime tables. If I was a statistics teacher I'd make my students calculate all the rates for each crime and determine why certain ones were higher than others. Would be interesting to see their answers.
>>
>>75662884
Never had to do that in my Gov class. Sorry you had a shit teacher breh.
>>
>>75663015
>If he hates being taught superfluous math concepts so much why the fuck is he taking a higher placement math course?
Most HSs make you take Algebra and Precalc at a bare minimum, anyone on a college track will probably take Calc as well irrespective of their intended major.
>>
>>75662884
Sounds like a teacher trying to be trendy.

Had some of those in junior high and they were the worst teachers I have ever had.
>>
>>75662335
how does it feel knowing you take your car to a "retard" to get it fixed because youre too autistic to fix it yourself?
>>
>>75662983

the person you're talking to is clearly a child who still suckles his parents teats.
>>
>>75654256
>lives in a basement confirmed
>amiami credit line is 'bills'
>>
>>75663140
This is true but if you want to be retarded too you can always choose to take the remedial courses when building your schedule. It's usually just a X years of math and science credits requirement, not achieving a certain level. Otherwise literal retards would never graduate.
>>
>>75662871
Given how low the compensation and working conditions are for most teachers I can't imagine competition doing much

They don't have hiring freezes because there are so many applicants and too many employed teachers. They have hiring freezes because they have no money
>>
>>75663200
Butthurt much? The only reason I would take it to a mechanic would be if I didn't have the tools to do the job safely, or it's a huge job that's not worth my time like transmission repair or some shit. Get gud guy. Go on /o/ and learn how to change ur fuckin oil.
>>
>>75663333
>Otherwise literal retards would never graduate.
My freshman class was over a 1K and a little less than 300 of us got our diplomas, so I think that's not always an option.
>>
>>75653467
I believe strongly that before University level - a focus on problem-solving, statistics, applied mathematics and even music theory are far more important / effective for the general student than just teaching more and more esoteric maths (calculus, advanced trig)

For science-track University-level, the science introduction courses not require advanced math - and they can be taken alongside the Calculus required for more advanced physics, statistics, chemistry, etc.
>>
>>75659169
Nope, We had to do the same for the holocaust in my literature class.
>Ashes to ashes.
>>
>>75662725
>probability
Fuck yes, prob and stats is something this society really needs right now.
The amount of people that don't understand how basic statistics work is an abomination.
>I read the title of that news article, but not the source, so now I'll say something that sounds similar to their weasel words but is actually patently false
>>
>>75662983
>borrowing money
>ever

I'm not even getting a mortgage. I will not spend money I do not have. Ever. If I must buy a house it will be payed in full upfront. Normalization of debt slavery is killing the west.

There are times when it makes sense to get a loan, but never for poor people. If you're rich, then by all means get a loan, especially to start that company or venture you want.
>>
>>75655079
That's called prep school.

We get mansions, campus grounds, top tier food, PhD minimums for teachers. During my time, we had Nobel laureates, Cabinet officials, Pulitzer Prize winning authors.
>>
You balance a checkbook with the addition and subtraction skills you learned in fourth grade you dolt.
Learn the fucking inaginary numbers so you can get a useful fucking job.
>>
>>75663317
Hot damn is that some fine projecting. Any adult worth his salt can make all of what he said happen. First month of my job two years ago I picked up everyone's shifts who wanted to drop them. I had 1 grand saved like that which covered 3 months of expenses easy. Stop being a lazy degenerate and expecting to coast through life. If you want to succeed you have to save and work hard.
>>
>>75663218

>Being under the thumb of banks make me adult
>:^)

You're a fucking fool, and a modern day serf.
>>
>>75659404
source on pic? it's interesting and i'd like to read more, although it does sound a bit like last years Schemitar(sp) non-happening
>>
File: feel_chuckle.jpg (82 KB, 1366x1156) Image search: [Google]
feel_chuckle.jpg
82 KB, 1366x1156
>>75660757

>some physics nerd found a way to get bullied by biology nerds

Fixed it.
>>
>>75662884
>>75663076
It's not like this assignment is completely worthless in value though. Often, because of the influence of social media, people interact with news stories in the form of Facebook and Twitter posts before they even read an article. Analyzing the ways that stories get presented on social media can actually help one understand citizens' relationship with current events and thus can actually be helpful in an AP Gov class.
>>
>>75656824
This is actually a very underrated solution. Young boys want to learn from men, young girls are better taught by women. It's natural to want to learn things from people who you idolize. And why would a young boy idolize an emotional woman?

In fact I believe the feminization of today's boys is due to women being overrepresented in public roles such as education.
>>
>>75657204
>Learn how to find the circumference of a circle
>Hurrr this is normal!
Education shouldn't be common core shit.
It should be based on what you want to do as a career.
>>
>>75663500
But have you taken any classes that focus on "problem solving"? They rarely require as much problem solving skills as calculus or the science disciplines such as chemistry or biology.

I learned nothing in my introduction to logic class, I learn nothing in my critical thinking class and this wasn't due to me being a poor student. I got easy As and talked to the professors after every class. However, I almost always felt like I had become an overall better critical thinker after taking science and math classes with the added benefit these classes also expose you to the sciences and how the problem solving is used in real life.
>>
As a teacher I'm honestly dreading being asked this question. It's like IRL bait there's no way to respond to it that wouldn't take more than 20 minutes.
>>
>>75663549
Getting a loan is not "slavery" lmao

If you know you will be able to afford it, then there is no good reason not to get a mortgage for a nice house. Why wait decades when you can just as easily have it now and pay it off in a responsible way over a given timeframe?
>>
>>75663899
And you expect that high schoolers have any idea what career path they will want to take? I thought I wanted to be a layer in high school and now I'm going to medical school.
>>
Balancing a check book isn't even a thing. Its just not spending more than you earn
>>
>>75652857
>that fucking meme again

is this reddit or 9gag? ask your fucking parents how to balance a checkbook niggers
>>
File: school spending.jpg (88 KB, 400x729) Image search: [Google]
school spending.jpg
88 KB, 400x729
>>75663863
>This is actually a very underrated solution
Most actual solutions are underrated. This would improve education by a huge amount.
For boys at least, schools already mostly pander to girls so the effects would be limited.

Leftists will just scream "throw more money at the problem".
>>75663899
>It should be based on what you want to do as a career.
This is another thing. People don't plan for this shit, it's just "follow your dreams".
They need a concrete path that they have the option to deviate from, not just sending people in with no ideas.
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 640x480
>>75653418
This, if you can't figure out how to balance a check book you must have some seriously stunted intellectual capacities.

Classes like algebra and the humanities are supposed to give you the basic foundations of a future fulfilling career. But no, whiny little brats complain that they cant figure out how to add and subtract some numbers. This little brats don't want to be the future scientists that will take us to new stars, they want to be mindless drones who can play on their iPhone all day.

Wanna know how we fix education, expel any dipshit who says "wah, why don't they teach me basic addition even though I'm a senior in high school?"
>>
>>75652857
>can someone teach me how too balance a checkbook
Didn't they teach you addition and subtraction in the 2nd grade?
>>
>>75653467
I was in super advanced classes, hated math, knew I never wanted to do anything with it in my future, and had already learned absolutely everything I would ever need to know about math by the time I started high school.
I'm amazing at language arts related stuff, and have a near photographic memory when it comes to history.
Math isn't for everyone.
>>
>>75652978
>What did he mean by this?
i is the square root of -1. I promise you it's actual useful for the real world (e.g. electronics and computer graphics), you use it for solving equations like x^2 + 1 =0
>>
>>75664111
>If you know you will be able to afford it,

Big if. Shit happens, especially to the lower classes.

>Why wait decades

Differed gratification. It's safer, and ultimately cheaper.

The only problem is people have been told they "deserve" that house, or that nice car, because they're hardworking and honest, and their current socioeconomic status just doesn't due them justice. So the nice banker will get it for them, for a price. :^)

Of course this system of mass loans only works given certain conditions, one being the ridiculous pace of non stop growth and mortgaging of your children's futures, and the importation of ever more people to make those returns grow grow grow.

Nah, fuck that. I will not feed internationalist finance.
>>
>>75655148

I'm dyslexic but I'm in my 3rd year of nuclear engineering. No excuses faggot
>>
File: carthago.jpg (86 KB, 500x534) Image search: [Google]
carthago.jpg
86 KB, 500x534
>>75652857
Kick liberals out of academia and reinstate the Classics.
Next problem.
>>
File: 1461282781669.jpg (42 KB, 560x432) Image search: [Google]
1461282781669.jpg
42 KB, 560x432
>>75658272
>Implying you can't
>>
>>75655148
A friend of mine is dyslexic. His father sat down every. fucking. day. with him for at least 1 hour and he taught him spelling.

He can write most words perfectly today, and the dyslexia only ever shows when he has to write complicated words that he hasn't used before.

Just keep going. Your brain will get it one day, or at least remember it through repetition.
>>
>>75664137
You know why people change their paths?
Because a good chunk of their youth is sitting at a desk being brainwashed to think that homosexuality, immigration, and feminism is a good thing. No one can decide what they want to do with their life because Mr. Shekleberg decided to give students 200 pages of homework.
>>
File: white_image26.jpg (109 KB, 463x600) Image search: [Google]
white_image26.jpg
109 KB, 463x600
>>75660757
>>
>>75662884
In my AP gov class the teacher was based. He was always open to debate. He is a lolbertarian though.
>>
>>75664029
Whoever drops that question is the "enlightened one". He has won the moment he asked it. No matter what you say he is the smart one and you are the "bad guy" trying to explain yourself. There is no winning against those people.
>>
File: job.png (89 KB, 1891x983) Image search: [Google]
job.png
89 KB, 1891x983
What does your job say about you?
http://verdantlabs.com/politics_of_professions/index.html

>Hint: the more red the job is, the better off you are.
>>
File: 1370040645088.gif (2 MB, 386x289) Image search: [Google]
1370040645088.gif
2 MB, 386x289
>>75659326

Nigga doesnt know about phasors
>>
GIVE EDUCATION BACK TO THE STATES
>>
>>75663028
"Alright jamarx, please read to the class your answer."
>"Aight yall, dah white people low cuz the be gettin 'way wit shiet. But dem blacks always tha victims of raysitsim and po-lace brutalitay."
>All the blacks applaud.
>>
>>75664653
With your safer and cheaper comment, is the interest on loans really more than paying rent? Assuming ur not living with ur parents until you have 100k saved up.
>>
slap stupid people and put them to work on meaningless jobs

ban non stem fields

create a glorious high tech society
>>
File: Untitled.png (70 KB, 557x702) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
70 KB, 557x702
>>75665129
Makes sense, most people I work with are leftist fucks. There are one or two people who I suspect come to this place though.
>>
>>75652857
I don't think America's education system is broken. We have people like Obama and Bernie Sanders who say "A high-school diploma is not enough!" We've gotten so used to bad-mouthing our high-schools and calling them useless that even our presidents and candidates are doing it.

I think companies just need to go back to training people straight out of high-school again. This idea that every high-school graduate is stupid and needs college to make us smart is ridiculous.
>>
>>75664918
Or maybe it's because people are still developing and changing a great deal in these stages of life you fucking nut. Making kids decide on a set career path when they don't even know the basics of the basics is incredible retarded.

I've went to college for six years, including two while I was still in High School, and I never had a single teacher push a political agenda like that. Either way, if somehow me being brainwashed to think that homosexuality, immigration, and feminism are good made me decide to become a doctor instead of a lawyer then thank fucking god for liberal brainwashing.
>>
>>75665129
Surprised funeral director leans any one direction. Being one and most I know are too apathetic to give a shit about politics.
>>
>>75652857
Execute the teachers union.

Seriously, you can't solve problems without violence.
>>
>>75652857

>that picture

Imaginary numbers is what, 9th grade? It's an essential topic in math and you really ought to fuck off. Balancing a check book is basic arithmetic. It's intuitive. It shouldn't need to be taught.

By posting that image you seem like you're in favor of dumbing down mathematic instruction; and believe me, that is the last thing we need in the US.

Our public education system has the following problems which may be solved more easily and to greater effect:

1) Blacks drag down test scores in virtually every school in the country. Segregate blacks from everyone else. This will be better for both groups. Segregation worked very well; and in the segregation era there were fewer incidents of blacks attacking whites in school (which is now almost ubiquitous).

2) Do not encourage every student to go to college. Divide children up between those who will go to trade school and college before high school.

3) Encourage literacy by removing all SJW-tier books from reading curricula. Only read great works of literature from the Western canon.

4) Latin will be taught from first grade onwards. In high school Greek may be studied instead of Latin.

5) Physics will be taught in 9th grade rather than 11th or 12th.

6) Pay teachers significantly more. Now a lot of the clever college graduates, who would otherwise have become doctors or lawyers or engineers, will become teachers.

You're welcome. I should be Secretary of Education.
>>
>>75656824
This is the only practical solution.

Males relate easier to males, females relate easier to females. Men get the male lead education that they thrive on (related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CpoIalkTJI ) and the females get the female lead education they thrive on.
>>
>>75665594
Just because pajeet or haundi wants to be a rocket scientist, doesn't mean I should have to learn calculus and all this other bullshit.
I Joined the army straight out of highschool and served for 4 years. After that, I became a electrician for a construction company. Maybe instead of math, (ya know, the subject that 80% of highschoolers are failing?) kids could go out into the world and discover jobs/careers they are interested in and train from there.
>>
>>75661284

At it's core most steady state AC circuits can be represented by linear ordinary differential equations with a complex forcing function (ie: inductance or capacitance). As such solutions to these ODEs make use of euler's identity through the different sinusoidals involved in describing the alternating current and can be represented through phasors on the complex plane.
>>
>>75665835
>Latin
I like speaking it, but ultimately a useful language should be learned if it can be tied to the potential profession the student picks up.

Also you won't ever find a school promote trades or other non-college paths. Back in 2007 when I was a senior in high school some of my friends weren't too sure of what to do after graduation and I promoted picking a trade if they didn't feel capable for college.

Was later pulled aside by the guidance councilors and told "I'm setting up those kids for disappointment" by not encouraging them to go to college.
>>
>>75653418
>Current Year. Still using paper checks
>>
>>75665424

In this economy, yes in fact.

I should explain myself a bit. I would never have thought this stuff a few years ago. But since then, I have nearly finished a dual major in math and econ. I have worked with finance types, bankers, actuarials, etc. The workings of investment and loans are a little to great to explain here, but the short of it is: finance types and bankers are the scum of the earth and almost mustache twirllingly evil, and the system which made money cheap and growth very high in the past is fucking over and done, and is on life support and will crash hard in some decades. They (the rich) of course want poor people holding the debt when that happens.

You know the 2008 financial crisis? We never actually solved it, or got out of it. We only sort of found a patchwork solution. The problems are now structural, and cannot be reconciled.
>>
>>75665129
What the hell is the difference between a homemaker and a stay at home mom/dad?
>>
>>75665835
>4) Latin will be taught from first grade onwards. In high school Greek may be studied instead of Latin.
Instead of those fedora meme languages I'd rather learn one that will allow me to competently appreciate high class anime arts instead.
>>
>>75666140

Yeah I know, my post was sort of tongue-in-cheek. Ideal reforms to the education system would never happen in the current social climate.

About Latin - it's more than just a dead language. Countless studies have shown the benefit of learning Latin vis-a-vis a better understanding of English grammar, better writing, and increased verbal intelligence. Not to mention, if you know Latin very well, you will have no trouble picking up French, Spanish, etc. When you know an inflected language, every uninflected language seems easy by comparison, to say nothing of the shared vocabulary in Romance languages.

Personally I think the greatest benefit is that Latin reconnects modern Westerners to their past. It would be so much better if kids were reading Cicero in the original language rather than, say, Maya Angelou.
>>
>>75666140
I'm surprised to see an advocate for spoken Latin here. Where did you learn to speak instead of the normal grammar/translation approach?
>>
>>75666089
No one is stopping you from failing out and going off to join the army and no one is stopping kids from going out and exploring the world while looking for what they want to do in life.

Schools are set up so that we can get as many Pajetts and Haundis as we can for the betterment of society while also hoping we can at least slightly educated idiots like you who can't learn even basic calculus so that when it comes time for democratic elections, influencing actions via popular speech or for when you're interacting with developing Pajetts and Haundis your ignorance will hopefully not rub off on them.

The better question is, why should we risk halting or lowering the development of Pajeet and Haundi for you? You are objectively not worth as much as them.
>>
>>75657472
>>75665835
>STEM
Here's your problem.
>>
>>75666625
Some questions about your advocacy of Latin: Do you think we should teach it only to be read or to be spoken and written as well? What method of teaching do you advocate? Do you think we should focus on classical Latin only or also on other eras (Medieval, Renaissance, etc.)?
>>
>>75652857
>preventive education
Why not educate people at work exactly what they need? Everybody at IT works for big corporations anyway, like Microsoft, Apple or Linux. Why learn one of them if you never going to work at that one?
>>
>>75666625
I can understand that. Though guess I'm just being a bit of a realist about the future prospects with Asia being something to still talk with.

>>75666724
I was taught by my dad who was taught by his and so on and so forth. Started out because of old Catholic roots, but turned into just keeping a family tradition.

Also people seem to like a funeral director that can speak Latin, so I get asked to lead a prayer or simply say something poignant from time to time.
>>
File: 1433955442870.webm (3 MB, 568x320) Image search: [Google]
1433955442870.webm
3 MB, 568x320
>>75665956
>>75663863
>>75664375
>>75656824
Very practical but there absolutely needs to be some comingling socially at least. Societies with complete gender segregation are very damaging.
>>
>>75666793
>No one is stopping you from failing out and going off to join the army.
I passed high school as a B average student.
Society isn't going to get any better. It's ironic that you think that.
Are you blind and deaf to whats going on around you?
Get off your high horse. Just because you're good at math, doesn't mean you'll contribute shit to society.
>>
>boo hoo why do I need theory
because all your life will be practice, school is one of the few places where you have the opportunity to advance your understanding on how things work on the most abstract of levels
knowing the abstract concepts that lead to the practice you will take part in your job will allow you to grow much better long term as a professional
>>
>>75652857
That guy is gay right?
>>
>>75667038
>like Microsoft, Apple or Linux
>or Linux
haha /pol/ never disapoints
>>
>>75652857
Stop financing retard shows with retarded unfunny scenes misleading the general population might be a start
>>
>>75667382
>Society isn't going to get any better

Yeah we're exactly the same as we were hundreds of years ago, average lifespan on 40 years old, no new great discoveries of science, still having to go around on horses, no system that protect us from the weather, no devices that allow literally anyone in the world to learn anything they could ever want to know in just a few clicks, no way to increase your social or economic status via hard work or skill.

Yep society is NEVER going to get any better.

>The soldier is telling the future doctor he will never contribute to society
>>
>>75665835
>Latin
Nigger please. You're American, go for Spanish. I had enough torture with that shit.
>>
>>75659326

this has got to be bait
>>
>>75667961

>future doctor who still believes in "Progress" shitting on soldier
>said Doctor believes the highest good is materialistic comfort for the highest number of people

Wew, lad. Kill yourself immediately.
>>
>>75668501

Already did Latin and French, Hans. The detritus of Central America should learn English when they come here.
>>
>>75667141
Desegregated PE, lunch waves, and recess? As well classes like home ec being coed?
>>
>>75652857
I don't know if this picture is supposed to make fun of that retard or support his "point".
>>
>>75652967
>h-humans are worth m-more than gorillas!
>>
>>75668629
I'd love to hear your explanation of how feminism completely negates the fact that compared to just a few centuries ago we're living in a practical utopia and I love how you take his side simply because he is a soldier and ignore any rational argument. Bravo you sure showed me.

>said Doctor believes the highest good is materialistic comfort for the highest number of people

The world we live in today not only gives teh greatest materialistic comfort, which is still highly important ask anyone with chronic pain, but allows people the opportunity to make a living while still having the freedom and time to practice what they love. You know, instead of working literally 24/7 on a farm and never having the time to enjoy hobbies or engage in higher level pleasures like mastery.
>>
>>75659893

It depends what you do. I'm a design engineer and most of what I work on involves reading data sheets and LT Spice simulations.

My colleague is currently developing a power supply for a new device and he has to do a lot of phase/stability criterion that uses imaginary numbers.
>>
How a liberal balances his/her checkbook:

1. Paycheck from Starbucks, $600
2. Bought a new dildo to shove up my ass, $45
3. Bought a tank of gas to drive my gf to her bull's house, $20
4. Bought a new pair of shoes to help run away from savage niggers downtown, $90
5. Gym membership due, I like to run on the treadmill for 20 minutes and pretend I workout, $50
6. Donated $500 to Bernie, #FEELTHEBERN!
7. Now I have $-105 leftover, FUCK WALLSTREET STUPID FUCKIGN WHITE MEN ARE MAKING ME POOR THIS IS WHY I NEED SOCIALISM!!!
>>
>>75659169
>>75659169
I can assure you that a couple years ago when I was finishing up my Senior year I transferred to a school that was heavy into Common Core and I had to do something eerily similar to that. I can even remember the "make sure to include #trenchfoot!" part. Class was European History if anyone is interested.
>>
>>75668629
I'm in Uni to become an engineer and we've been making insane fucking technological progress mate, to such a degree that it practically replaces biological evolution entirely. In like 50 years max, space travel will be so cheap and easy to do, you could colonize the moons of Mars as a private enterprise with maybe 1 million yearly revenue if everyone else wasn't doing it already.

And you cry because of niggers? Please. High tech, high life. The deeper we go into high tech engineering and science, the more we can divorce ourselves from, well, the human condition, in essence. Materialistic? Only in the sense that it gives raw material the ability to make machines for you that harvest more raw material. Look up "Lights-off factories" sometime.
>>
>>75669310

Lol you write and think like a doctor. That's not a compliment, by the way.

I didn't say anything about feminism. You introduced that red herring. I noticed from your previous comments that you believe in a linear conception of history, speaking roughly, with time on the x-axis, technological advancement on the y axis, and the line y = x representing progress. Most people who haven't really read much history or philosopher think this way, so I don't blame you.

As to your points about freedom and such, I agree that Americanism (as it was maybe three decades ago) was superior to Soviet communism, in the sense that there was indeed more free time available to workers. But this is changing rapidly. You'll see what I mean when you're in med school and residency, m8.

I'm not sure why you think everyone was working on a farm a few hundred years ago, but this point doesn't really require an answer.

Man to man, I strongly advise you not to be such a little shit in personal interactions. Doctors are supposed to pretend to be decent people, you know.
>>
I would say to focus more on humanities since the only mainstream classes they teach are Psychology and Sociology, but they would almost immediately be co-opted by some Common Core taught Libcuck that would tell you Socrates' teachings aren't valid because he was a privileged cis-white male. They would also tell you that ancient Greek and Rome were awful because of slavery yet their Hedonistic and pretty Liberal lifestyle is the closest thing in history to the social justice epidemic happening now.
>>
>>75652857
>Need to be taught how to balance a checkbook
Is he mentally challenged? Does he need to be taught how to fill out a W-4?
>>
>>75656824
This. Fucking this.
>Boys go to the boys half of school with male teachers
>Girls go to the girls half of the school with female teachers
>Share the same cafeteria, playground (elementary when they still have recess), and probably gym where they can see each other
>>
>>75652857
Learn that shit yourself. Ask your parents or use the internet, faggot.
>>
>>75669310
A utopia?
>Mudskins invading civilized countries.
>Women getting away with everything because of the hole between their legs.
>Whites being blamed for everything and now are being bred out of existence.
This 'utopia' has bred the most pussified generation in the history of human kind.
You know where pussification gets us?
No where, that's where.
>you take his side simply because he is a soldier and ignore any rational argument.
How does my time in the army have anything to do with that? Some of the smartest people I have met served with me.
>You know, instead of working literally 24/7 on a farm and never having the time to enjoy hobbies or engage in higher level pleasures like mastery.
Oh, because that doesn't happen now with schooling?
>>
>>75669853
So you simply restated what I claimed, insinuated that you know better but you didn't actually address any of the points I've stated nor make new ones of your own.

Please, go ahead and tell me what is correct then. And guess what, I freely choose medical school while knowing that the nature of the beast is that I won't have very much free time to myself. But this is better than before when literally all your time and energy was spent trying to make a living.

>I'm not sure why you think everyone was working on a farm a few hundred years ago, but this point doesn't really require an answer.

It's pretty obvious to anyone beyond a 4th grade reading level that I didn't state everyone was farming rather I grew up from a farming background so that is the kind of basic manual labor that people would have to devote all their time to do in order to just eat that I wanted to use as an example at the time.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.