[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on Orthodox Christianity Catholicism is basically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: cr-08022109.jpg (33 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
cr-08022109.jpg
33 KB, 720x480
Redpill me on Orthodox Christianity

Catholicism is basically "do as the Pope says", and Protestantism is "nah, fuck that, Christianity is our religion, we'll do what we want, also fuck off with your spiritual fairytale bullshit you stupid taig cunts" but what's the defining difference between Orthodoxy and Western Christian sects?

Any Greeks, Serbs and Russians on here care to help me out?
>>
>>75647832
Bump
I dont want to be a catholic anymore because after seeing the horrible excuse of a popr that is Pope Francis i need something new
What exactly is Orthodox Christainity?
>>
God isn't real.
That's it.
>>
Orthodox church took part in establishing serfdom in Russia, here is your answer. It was and it is now just like big business.
>>
>>75647987
My family are Catholic but Catholicism is the most stupid of the three main sects. It's basically a personality cult.

Protestants have the right ideas. Why should Christians have to be told how to practise their religion? They should speak to God directly, not through some old man in Italy. They should be given a chance to repent their sins in life, not in purgatory.

Catholicism is for people who can't think for themselves and need to be told what to do.
>>
>>75647987
Atheists have a rich history in Catholicism, embrace your minor heresy.
>>
File: _trataimagem (1).jpg (12 KB, 500x338) Image search: [Google]
_trataimagem (1).jpg
12 KB, 500x338
>>75647832
>Catholicism is basically "do as the Pope says"
How can people be so stupid?

Search your information in a more trustfull source than a meme board
>>
>>75648257
ok.

spirituality is real.

i believe there is a purpose behind the things we do.

atheists are most likely to commit suicide.
>>
File: timeline.jpg (72 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
timeline.jpg
72 KB, 768x576
>>75647987

>What exactly is Orthodox Christianity?

The original , unaltered Christianity , taught from father to son since 33 AD.
>>
>>75647987
Muh apostolic sucession
Muh Christ's Church
Muh crusades

Wait, /pol/ is saying that the Pope is a cuck? Better leave this religion lol

Poltards roleplaying as christians are the worse
>>
>>75648495
How about Martin Luther's 95 Theses? Pretty trustful source.
>>
>>75647832
Catholics follow the Teachings of the Catholic Church not those of the Pope, and he is merely the Ambassador of Christ on the Earth not some god-like figure we must absolutly follow.
>>
>>75648599
Oriental orthodox is the "unchanged" religion, not the catholic orthodox that we have in east europe.

Though even them had their councils
>>
>>75648585
Not to shit on your parade but if Atheists kill themselves because they don't believe in a God, that doesn't correlate in any way to God existing.

It just means if you aren't a spiritualist or a materialist then you're making living fucking hard for yourself.
>>
>>75648650
Yeah, 100% trustfull I'm pretty sure that the guy that founded one of the greatest protestant branch is a good source about catholicism.

It's not like Luther was a drunk fornicator priest that hated the Catholic Church
>>
>>75648728

>Centuries later, Chalcedonian Christianity itself would split in two (formally accomplished in 1054), giving rise to the bodies that are today known as the Catholic Church and the Eastern Orthodox Church. The Eastern Orthodox maintain numerous theological and ecclesiological similarities with the Oriental Orthodox, but continue to disagree over
the -->Chalcedonian<-- definition.
>>
>>75648847

>Post Council of Chalcedon (451 AD)[edit]
The schism between the Oriental Orthodox and the rest of Christendom occurred in the 5th century. The separation resulted in part from the refusal of Pope Dioscorus I of Alexandria and the other thirteen Egyptian Bishops to accept the Christological dogmas promulgated by the Council of Chalcedon, which held that Jesus is in two natures: one divine and one human. They would accept only "of or from two natures" but not "in two natures".

Basically , Oriental vs Eastern ortodoxy is just semantics between what kinda deity Jesus was....

Both consider Jesus as Messia so therefore there's literally no difference between them.
>>
>>75648327

I was raised Catholic and I agree. Catholicism completely turned me off religion. It's too subservient. The whole idea of the pope is weird, as if a human could be "God's representative on Earth"- does the pope literally think he's Jesus?
>>
File: idol of cuckoldry.jpg (102 KB, 578x720) Image search: [Google]
idol of cuckoldry.jpg
102 KB, 578x720
>worshipping Joseph's wife's son and his nowhere-to-be-seen father
>>
Orthodox Christianity is staying true to ecumenical councils and it doesn't have single person as a ruler of the Church.
In Russia Church is having issues typical for post-sovok establishments. It is partly controlled by kgbfsb, it gets lots of donations and it doesn't pay any taxes so some people become priests just to get rich. Also there were several occurrences when bishops were exposed to be paedophiles and homos. But these were individuals, the Church itself is saint.
>>
>>75647832
It's the oldest type of Christianity, as it was before it was Westernized and adapted for European culture
>>
>>75649114
It's not mwrely semantics. No one split for something so irrelevant.

>>75649642
Pure cesaropapism. The bizantine used the Orthodoxy to rule "absolute" over their subjetcs. The russian tzars used it to their own benefit too.
>>
>worshiping a dead kike on a stick
>>
>believe jesus is the antichrist
>believe I just don't know the Christ or God's laws
>have faith in God
>meet atheist on youtube
>he starts shit talking me
>he dares me to curse him
>I do curse him
>he starts claiming how he is awright
>demand that he proves it
>he refuses and I apparently have to swallow his words that he's ok
>claims there's no way to prove his claim that nothing is happening to him were we are
>look at the website address bar
>youtube.com
>no way to prove his claim that he's ok
>some fedora is claiming that he cannot prove he's allright on fucking youtube
>he also started behaving erratically, comitting very strange grammar mistakes and so on
>he is now claiming not to be proving his words in the name of freedom
>>
>>75650175

Protip: few minutes after being cursed he started claiming that life had ups and downs.

so when are you rejecting the antichrist?
>>
File: orthodox BTFO.png (2 MB, 1212x1564) Image search: [Google]
orthodox BTFO.png
2 MB, 1212x1564
>>75647987
>>75648275
>>
>>75648847
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd66KXIbAjc
>>
>>75648847
>Fornication and drinking are immoral

This is why Catholics are idiots.
>>
>>75650303
>>75650175
what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>75650665

It's self explanatory really, I explained my belief, and what happened to me.

It is amusing how people that are able to understand everything you say, become fools the moment you say somehting they don't like at all.
>>
>>75650737
No, your post doesn't make sense
learn2spoken
>>
>>75648327
>Why should Christians have to be told how to practise their religion? They should speak to God directly, not through some old man in Italy.

You've never read the bible. Peter founded the Catholic Church. Catholicism and Orthodoxy are the only legitimate forms of Christianity, anything else is heresy.
>>
>>75647987
Family are orthodox christians, was baptized as one, am an atheist now. It's basically less degenerate, but a bit more kebab-like but certainly not cucked as compared to western european christianity.
>>
>>75647832

Orthodox and Catholic are virtually the same mystical, pseudo-Christian cults. If you want to know the truth, read your new testament. If you're too lazy to do that, follow whichever man in a dress you prefer who will gladly lie to you.
>>
>>75647832
I'm thinking that if I ever have kids, they should be born into Christianity. I was born without a religion and it's not like my degenerate teenage years ever got me into trouble, but I'd still want my kids to grow up without trying out too much dumb stuff. Orthodox Christianity so far looks like the best option. How easy is it to become an Orthodox Christian?
>>
>>75648327
Are you retarded? The moment someone calls himself Christian, he is accepting what someone has defined as Christian.

This is why people should not be given a Bible, protestants ruin everything, they are unable to think, they take something and corrupt it so that it turns into their personal tool. They are the niggers of Christianity.

At least I'm happy knowing all protestant churches fall deeper and deeper into heresy. You can say everything you want about the pope, but at least the catholic dogma doesn't change so that there are lesbian bishops.

> not through some old man in Italy
Yet everything you know about Christianity comes from old men.

>They should be given a chance to repent their sins in life, not in purgatory.
They are, but nothing impure will enter Heaven, retard, which is why we are told to pray for teh dead.
>>
>>75652335

Except Catholic dogma changes all the time. Papal infallibility and the Marian dogmas were just added in the past 2 centuries. Hell, before Vatican 2, all Catholic masses were in Latin and there was a guard rail separating the laity from the clergy. Now, not so.. The fact of the matter is that the RCC adds teachings all the time. This idea that the Catholic church doesn't change is pure fiction.
>>
>>75648327
>It's basically a personality cult
You're overplaying the power of the pope. Pope Francis has no where near the power and influence of the popes from before, like Julius II of Innocent III.
Joe Biden is a Catholic and we aren't living a papal state are we?
>>
>>75650665
He is a delusional degenerate who believes that >Jeremiah 8:8 means the Bible as a whole instead of rabbinic teachings.
>Prophecies warning of the antichrist written by apostles in the New testament are about Jesus Christ.
>That he can defend himself before God by "hurrdurr I dont know your law (Jer 8:8) so you have no right to judge me.

He keeps posting this shit to pretty much every christian thread on /pol/.
>>
>>75652335
>Muh purgatory
>Believes that blood of Christ is not enough to purify person for entering heaven.
Read the Bible heretic.

Hebrews 9: "How much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from dead works so that we may serve the living God!" "In fact, under the law almost everything is cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of the blood there is no forgiveness." "But now, at the end of the ages, he has appeared once for all to remove sin by his sacrifice."

1. John 1: "But if we keep living in the light as he himself is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin. "
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.