[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Existential Crises
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
Pol, what is the reason for existence?

I really am bothered by this. What is the point in life at all? I feel so small in the universe without a purpose. I suffer and dream but for what? Death comes to every man.

Now I so all to all of you, but none of your voices will proceed you.

Help me...
>>
>>75634404
this bothers me to

I'm actually going to kill myself.
>>
>>75634404
it doesn't matter you stupid fuck
see this as an unburdening, no matter what you do, good or bad, a lot or a little, it doesn't fucking matter
do whatever you want. you're free.
>>
Abandon Nihilism, it is a trash philosophy.
>>
>>75634404

Fuck and pass your genes on. Survive. Keep going until the end. Never stop.
>>
>>75634404
New Testament

You can't answer your question without answering who is God
>>
>>75634404
>Death comes to every man.
But what if it didn't, in theory it is possible to live forever or at least until everything else ends.

You just have to live long enough and get lucky, with the modern medicine we have now it's not much of a stretch to say I'll live for another 80-90 years. My main life goal is to not die, I mean I'll probably give having kids a go just incase I don't make it but my dream is to be immortal so that exploring space isn't as impossible as it sounds because a 100 year journey is doable.

Just gotta have goals OP, the more unrealistic the better
>>
There isn't one, it is up to you to make one up. If you're too weak minded, ignorant and lazy you can do what the majority of people do and just believe in religion, which is someone's idea of what your purpose is. The reality is that you are even more insignificant and smaller than you could ever fathom since your brain is incapable of comprehending how vast and big the universe truly is.
>>
>>75634404
It's spelt crisis idiot
>>
Look around you, figure out what the world needs to be that perfect place you need, then realise the potential and maybe leave a flavour to savour.
>>
>>75634404
Your purpose is to secure the existence and future of humanity, like every animal.
It means to leave more behind than you used.

Create wealth for you, your family and all other humans around you. Or do you want to be a parasite?

Just think of a better future and how great it would be for your descendants to live in a better world not going through your sufferings.
>>
File: 1457554298065.jpg (8 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1457554298065.jpg
8 KB, 250x250
>>75635710
>>
>>75634404
i don't know i guess you make your own reason to exist, but just remember that if conciousness is synonymous with existence that every time you fall to sleep you die.
>>
>>75634404

its all pointless

welcome to reality my friend
>>
You feel small because you are. Nothing you gain in life will matter once you die, and anything you've created will eventually crumble to dust or be lost in obscurity. Unless you become the next Einstein or Mother Theresa, you will be forgotten within a generation or two.

This is freeing in a way, as the blade cuts in both directions; none of your failures will matter either.

Humans are so individually powerless that our decisions and actions are like throwing pebbles into a vast lake. The surface shifts momentarily and the stone is gone, with the lake itself being undisturbed as a whole and altered in only the tiniest, most insignificant way. But those stones create ripples, which can in turn affect and change the ripples being created by others.

Let's say I save an abandoned puppy I see on the side of the road. I take that pup to a shelter, and when it gets older it has a litter of its own, which gets adopted by a handful of eager new families. That small single action has enabled me to touch and bring joy to the lives of people I've never met. Who can say how that will continue to affect the world? Maybe a child who connects strongly with one of those pups develops a passion for animals and grows up to be a veterinarian, who saves thousands of other animals throughout their life, which will bring joy to other families. It's impossible to know - but through that chain of events set into motion, I, the impetus, will continue to touch this world long after I'm gone.

I think the point of life is to toss as many pebbles as possible and try to make as many ripples trending towards goodness and positivity as possible. There's a lot of shit in the world that needs to be balanced out.
>>
>>75634404
Start back at the start. What is existence?
Actually think about it instead of just taking what you've been told for granted. Not that I'm saying that the earth is really flat or something like that, just that the process of starting from "I think therefore I am" will allow you to appreciate existence and find meaning and your place in it and all that crap.
>>
>>75634548
This.
There is no reason, you are just an extremely unlikely evolutionary accident. Enjoy it while you have the time
>>
>>75634404
Eh i dunno dude ... maybe to have fun?!

I just want to survive until the Telomer repair stuff is available and working. Then when i'm practically immortal i just wait a couple hundred years or so until traveling around the universe is as easy as a normal trip via plane or train nowadays.
>>
>>75634404
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtBz1roiQR8

This guy seems to have the right idea, however silly and autistic he looks.
>>
To play the Witcher 3 and its expansions, then move on with your life and start a career and family after having played the magnum opus of RPG gaming.
>>
>>75634404
Nope to have reason means their would be a creator of this purpose we just think we're special snowflakes "but our beauty and intellect could not be random" but don't make your life hard either way so pretty much dont be a cuck or a dickhead
>>
>>75634404
I feel like the meaning of life is simple, survive and reproduce.

The meaning of consciousness is what pisses me off. Think of all the things that constitute existence, now realize that your consciousness doesn't have any of those qualities. I don't exist, but I do.

My biggest fear is that if consciousness doesn't abide by the laws of existence, it won't go away. I hope death is absolute and that I won't continue to be aware when I have lost my connection to the physical universe.
>>
>>75634404
>>75634708
you'll only find your answer when you accept that there is a God and that he loves you. until that day you will feel exactly like you do right now.
>>
>>75634404
Just work, you stupid shit. Find an industry you care about and give it all you've got. Then you will leave your mark on the world.
>>
>>75634816
But Anon, there is already a way to cheat death: making clones by duplicating yourself, a.k.a. having children.
>>
>>75634404
The point is to stop Jews. Don't blow up a synagogue though, that would be going too far.
>>
>>75634404
Bitches
You love them, you hate them.
But you exist to make children with them
':¬l
>>
>>75634404
go read some existentialist material then you fucking idiot
>>
>>75638628
>gook recommending to behave like a dog

this gives such a shallow existence, degeneracy will only bring sorrow.
>>
Go eat some nachos and jerk off, if that doesn't make you feel better then kill yourself.
>>
File: WetJap.jpg (36 KB, 602x836) Image search: [Google]
WetJap.jpg
36 KB, 602x836
>>75638909
The alternative being the spiral of depression and
never-ending frustration.

It's degenerate not to procreate, Americuck
>>
>>75634404
To praise kek and wreak havoc among the normies.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1464496636541.jpg (61 KB, 638x825) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1464496636541.jpg
61 KB, 638x825
>>75634404
you were always nothing. You will always be nothing. After you're dead nothing will continue forever. It's not that there was a meaning to existence at one time and you just started to question it. There never was any reason.
>>
>>75639014
Sound advice.
>>
>>75639095
>recommends fornication
recommending a mortal sin is your solution to degeneracy?

also, please dont post any more subhuman dog eating gooks.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1464339947952.jpg (46 KB, 760x631) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1464339947952.jpg
46 KB, 760x631
>>75639014
this actually is a pretty good strategy. Since all actions are meaningless and all Pursuit Of Life is meaningless you just ask yourself "should I eat some nachos and jerk off or should I kill myself?" because either action has the same meaningless value so pick one. If you pick nachos then right after nachos you pick something else that may or may not be suicide.
>>
>>75634404

to reproduce
>>
>>75639341
Enjoy your Virginity, Amerilard
>>
>>75634404
Just think of all the "witches" that burned; all the kids who died too soon; the grunts in the first wave and the last man to die in a war; the hordes of people who starved to death; and all the murdered with no justice… maybe then we will stop feeling sorry for ourselves.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.