[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whale hunting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Exclusive_Seasheperd_footage.jpg (835 KB, 2060x1236) Image search: [Google]
Exclusive_Seasheperd_footage.jpg
835 KB, 2060x1236
Do you have anything against whale-hunting, /pol/?

Minke whale meat tastes really good, you should try it.
>>
>>75633453
does it taste like fish ?
>>
As long as it's sustainable I don't give a fuck.
>>
>>75633453

As long as it's done in a sustainable way, then no,

They're just giant sea cows.
>>
>>75633453
Why does it have fur? Inatural
>>
>>75633594
I'm assuming you're joking. That's the baleen.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VLsRbDU37w

Whale is pretty good. To bad it`s so expensive now
>>
S'aight.

Hunting in general is fine as long as the threat lf extinction from hunting remains a distant one.
>>
>>75633552
>>75633564
>>75633657
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minke_whale

When you hear whale hunting they usually mean minke whale hunting, and they're not going away any time soon, at least not due to hunting. There are so many quotas in place that limit the hunting of minke-whales that hunting it to extinction is impossible. Yet I see foreign hippies in the capital handing out brochures to natives informing them how bad whaling is.
>>
>>75633635
Oh my good. That's disgusting

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baleen
>>
>>75633453
Wise use, not no use. We know better now than to deplete our natural resources. Proper management is a must.
>>
>>75633453
Nothing against the eating of whale meat, I do not agree with they way it is hunted. Speared for hours on end to achieve a single kill.
>>
>>75633505
Taste like a kind of beef
>>
not cost effective to catch

a vanity item

on top of murdering a high mammal with feelings
>>
>>75634030

>Speared for hours on end to achieve a single kill.

Not really, we shot them with an explosive harpoon. If they are still alive, we use a second harpoon or a high powered rifle.
>>
>>75633453
Isn't whale meat very unhealthy due to heavy metals and toxins?
>>
>>75634030
Damn son did you come from the time we were colonised or something? We use explosive harpoons that kill almost immediately these days. Less work for whalers, less pain and terror for whales.
>>
>>75634318

Depends, the larger whalesa accumulate more toxins, the whales we tend to eat in Norway does not contain as much mercury.

But there is something to be said for it, the rate of parkinsons is two times larger on the faroe islands than it is in the rest of the north.
>>
>>75634318
yup
>>
>>75633453
Cant you just breed them like a farm livestock?
>>
>>75633453

Couple reasons to be against it:

>multiple species of whale are endangered and the question shouldn't be of sustainability but increasing their population to otherwise normal numbers
>The methods used to kill whales are barbaric as hell; an explosive harpoon - the trauma caused by which can take over an hour to kill a whale - will never be as humane as a captive bolt to the head
>The 'scientific research' justification is just a thinly disguised commercial whaling operation and has resulted in little to no useful information about whales

I'm not intrinsically against whaling, in the same way I'm not intrinsically against eating meat. But then again I probably would be against eating cows if the primary method killing them was to skewer them with explosive tipped spears and have them drown.

Hell, if whale hunting organisations were actually honest about the fact they don't give a shit about 'scientific research' then I'd forgive them a lot quicker, too. I understand they're a source of food a protein, but don't lie to me about it.
>>
>>75634609
Interesting factoid you may not know is that there was never a need to sign the moratorium on whaling, but Japan, ever the two-faced social creature just HAD to sign it, and then proceeded to continue whaling anyway.
>>
>>75634231
/thread

Whale communicate even more than we do and have an stable social structure that practices monogamy.

Just because they cant do tools doesnt mean they arent selfaware as we do.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.