[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on Colleges in America
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4
File: Exchange universities.png (18 KB, 341x428) Image search: [Google]
Exchange universities.png
18 KB, 341x428
I just got accepted into my exchange program to study in the states for a year and they've given me these colleges I can choose from. Whats the best one /pol/?

I'm leaning towards Stony Brook but thats only because I've had a boner for NYC ever since I learned about it.
>>
>>75630058
Best one there is northwestern
Stony brook is probably the most obscure school there
>>
>>75630058
Stony brook is like 40 mi east of nyc it's not within walking distance by any means but it's just a train ride away
>>
>>75630058
NJ here.

If you choose Rutgers, be prepared for Indians. They're everywhere, and they smell.

It's a decent college but it's a very liberal campus. The area is nice though because you're close to literally everywhere. If you want to go to NYC, DC, or Philadelphia you're right in the vicinity.
>>
>>75630172
Never mind
Just saw it said northeastern
>>
>>75630058
If you are a hippy you will be right at home at University of California (Berkley).

University of Arizona is top tier party school.

Hawaii is full of meth heads and degens.

UCONN is probably the whitest school on that list, choose Connecticut.
>>
>>75630058
If you go to the University of California be prepared for the most liberal in the worst way area in the entire US
>>
>>75630058
Which University of California?

UCLA and UC Berkeley are the top 2 public universities in the world. Berkeley is lefty as fuck. UCSB is the whitest one, with the best party life. UCSD and UCI filled with chinks.
>>
I'd say UCONN is the whitest, in the middle of nowhere though
>>
>>75630172
That's northeastern senpai

>>75630058
Pretty sure Rutgers is on the jersey side of NYC. Stoney Brooke is not in NYC. Only school I've been to on the is UH Manoa right by down town Honolulu it's okay campus then your just a couple minutes away from the beach and some great shopping as well as the party scene in Waikiki. It's beautiful in hawaii but it's expensive and judging off your flag I assume it probly wouldn't be as much a thrill for you there as it was as someone like me from the Midwest
>>
>>75630058
Hawaii, obviously. College is a meme, so do it in a tropical locale.
>>
>>75630058
Northeastern or Uconn are the best options.
>>
>>75630205
Fuck, I thought long island was like right next to manhattan
>>
>>75630404
Berkley is University of California. Everything else is known as UC-(insert name)
>>
>>75630243
how many poo in loos are we talking about here? Are they just a really visible minority or are there actually that many?
>>
>>75630343
still, I reckon its easier to pick up sloots in cali than anywhere else. especially since theyre eating up that dating diversity shit
>>
>>75630624
Berkley is in the Bay Area though. It is modern day Sodom and Gomorrah.

If you want to pick up sluts, go to Arizona or Hawaii.
>>
>>75630624
If that's your main goal Monoa isent a bad option, getting laid there was the easiest of anywhere I've been. It's mostly tourist around just looking for fun for the week or so they spend there.

But as someone else mentioned it is full of alot of degenerates as well as heroine users, the amount of prostitutes out at night in Waikiki is ridiculous
>>
>>75630058

Northeastern. Boston is a great city, and the location is absolutely fantastic. Tons of colleges in Boston, so you'll see loads of young people and cute girls walking around.

If you want to go to New York City you can take a Chinatown bus for like $20 that'll take you there in four hours.
>>
>>75630058
best schools on the list at university of california and arizona.
I'm assuming it isn't for berkeley or ucla because those are much better than anything else on the list.
I'd recommend UCSB; it's on the beach and it has some of the best party culture in the states. U of A is awesome tho. I'd recommend that because party is great, good school, and the sports scene is awesome. don't discount experiencing college sports they are fucking awesome to get into.
>>
Depends what you're studying, I know a few hedge funds that hire graduates from Stony Brook and pay them hundreds of thousands fresh out of college.

If you want to party in the states go to Arizona or Texas.
>>
>>75630058
this isn't politics fuck off
>>
>>75630571
I couldn't give you any solid numbers, but expect to see them (and smell them) everywhere you go on campus.
>>
>>75631052
>>75631114
thank you based anons, I'm essentially choosing between UCSB or Northeastern now. which one would you say gives me the most american experience?
>>
>>75631307
lol and your "how can white bois even compete" threads are? this place hasnt been purely political since the day it was made.
>>
>>75630058
> paying someone for a piece of paper that tells people you read books, but you still have no real world working knowledge.

It was a total fucking waste.
>>
>>75630058

Your choice should be one of the following:

Northeastern - good school in a great city (Boston)

Rutgers - not a fan personally but it's in NJ and is the closest one to NYC/Philadelphia

University of Arizona - hottest girls, great weather, pretty sure the frays have pools. Definitely the most fun option.

University of California - I'm assuming it's Berkeley (you should confirm). If so, it's the most prestigious on the list by a long shot but is extremely liberal. If it's not Berkeley then disregard.
>>
>>75631310
One gives you the California experience
One gives you the Boston experience
>>
>>75631458
*frats not frays

And U of Arizona may actually be the most "American" college experience.

Boston is a great college city though. Just make sure you have a good fake ID if you're not 21.
>>
File: stop_resisting.jpg (118 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
stop_resisting.jpg
118 KB, 900x600
>>75630058

Depends on which University of California.

Berkeley? Yes.
Irvine? Yes.
Davis? No.
Santa Barbara? Yes.
Santa Cruz? Yes.
San Diego? Yes.

University of Hawaii, Manoa? Hell Yes.

Really depends what your program is ...
>>
>>75631453
You can't build aircraft without it.
>>
>>75631310
UCSB isn't one of your choices, the school is Cal-Berkeley. The idiot who responded to you (you know he's an idiot because he thinks University of Arizona is a good school. It's not. It's a party school and the second best party school in its own state) just made up a fucking college option (Santa Barbara) that is not on the list.

Here's the breakdown, with some context on sports (good reason to party) and otherwise the "scene" of the school:
Northeastern - Private school (smallish) in Boston, the biggest college city in America (so lots of party opportunities). Big (ice) hockey scene but that's about it for sports.
Rutgers - Big public school, in New Jersey, about 2 hours from NYC. Probably sucks. Bad in all relevant sports, but in the top tier of conferences.
SUNY-Stony Brook - Smallish public school on Long Island. No sports worth talking about. Still kinda far from NYC
University of Arizona - Party school with the hottest girls, in shitty Tucson AZ with nothing really around it. Good basketball and football teams.
Cal - Located in the Bay Area, incredibly left leaning. Good football team/culture, but SJWs a plenty
UConn - Public school in the woods of Connecticut. A few hours from NYC. Good basketball, not much else going on
Hawaii - Meme school on an island where the natives hate white people
UTA - Commuter school in Dallas area, not even worth discussion.

Cal, Arizona, and Northeastern seem to be the obvious choices here.
>>
File: 375.jpg (37 KB, 259x375) Image search: [Google]
375.jpg
37 KB, 259x375
Hey kiwi where are you going ?
Maybe i will go to the same uni and will spread my ways around
>>
>>75630517
>Fuck, I thought long island was like right next to manhattan

It is but it's called Long Island for a reason: it's 190km long.
>>
>>75630404
UCLA is filled with both chinks and lefties, but they don't overlap.
>>
>>75630058
which university of california?
>>
>>75630624
>its easier to pick up sloots in cali than anywhere else

Kiwi always clean up in the bars. Anyone with an accent will get fresh puss on the daily. I fucking envy you.
>>
>>75630058
Don't come to UH Manoa, I live down the street. You'll regret it.
>>
>>75630058
Northeastern is a great University. Lot's to do in Boston, but definitely quite liberal. I don't know what the SJW culture is there.
>>
>>75630058
>tfw when you go to the shitty school in Texas
>its mostly full of poo in the loo's
>>
File: 127512314.jpg (334 KB, 1024x479) Image search: [Google]
127512314.jpg
334 KB, 1024x479
>>75631310

Probably Northeastern.

California's great, and can be fun, but you're basically just in California all the time. Boston's really close to a lot of other places and a lot more historic. You can snag a bus to NYC, hop on a train and wander around Salem, Mass, check out colonial stuff. Boston also has great public transportation.

Basically if you go UCSB, you'll probably just see California unless you make a real serious effort to go anywhere else, and you'd have to sit on a plane for five or six hours to get to NYC.
>>
Arizona.

Hot women, Lake Havasu boat parties, good gun laws so you can shoot and have fun, really good air museum in Tucson (Pima Air), within striking distance of other Western US tourist stuff for weekends.
>>
>>75630058
avoid WWU at all costs. hippie shithole.
>>
>>75630404
Best bet is UCSB. Had a choice between that and Berkeley. Oh god I'm glad I didn't fucking pick Berkeley. UC Santa Cruz is pretty cool though.
>>
>>75631755
>UCSB isn't one of your choices, the school is Cal-Berkeley.

OP didn't specify school or program.
>>
>not having UT at Austin
>not having the option of attending the best damn university in America.
>>
>>75632477
Listen you fuck, there's only one University of California and that's Berkeley. All the others are literally always written as UC-___

It's clearly Berkeley and anyone thinking it's UCLA or UCSB or Davis or anything else like that is a fucking mongoloid
>>
>>75632289
>>75631755
>>75631573

Isn't arizona the college with a literally worthless degree though? I keep hearing that since its a for profit college, the education quality is garbage
>>
>>75631932

I'll take East Coast liberals over West Coast ones any day. Massachusetts is definitely solid blue, but Romney was governor, and they had a Republican Senator for a minute. I lived in Boston for years, and it wasn't so far left. More moderate Democrat, it seemed.

Now I live in Seattle, and this place is a liberal shithole.
>>
>>75632882
>its a for profit college

I think you're thinking of University of Phoenix, which is an online only school and basically worthless.

University of Arizona is a state school. It's not very good, but I don't think it's absolutely horrible. It's not going to impress anyone, but it's not a total joke.
>>
>>75631908
I'm actually asian famalam, but I'm pretty fit and confident with grills, how accepting are they in that state? because I know that the further south I go, the less the grills will want the asian peen
>>
>>75632937
Are you Frasier Crane?
>>
>>75633127
In that case you'll have the best odds in Cali or Hawaii
>>
>>75630058
Do yourself a favor and go to Texas or Arizona.
>>
>>75630058
Texas is the most American state, if you want to experience America go there.
>>
>>75630058
how much does your tuition cost wut
>>
>>75635000

Terrible advice. Do not go to fucking UT Arlington. It's shit tier.
>>
>>75635000
>Texas
The OP wants to get a good education out of it too, along with experiencing America. That's why the poos, the chinks, and all manner of foreigners go here. And there's also that chance they're just in it to get a green card. But I digress...

Going to a Texas university to get an education is like going to a dumpster for lunch. All he'll learn about there is American football and nothing else.

>>75630058
If you're getting a free ride, go for Ivy league schools. You may or may not learn anything, but at least you'll get a big name to put in your resume out of it.

Or if you're into tech, go to MIT.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.