[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
thoughts on smoking (tobacco) /pol/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7
File: dalegribble.png (137 KB, 368x279) Image search: [Google]
dalegribble.png
137 KB, 368x279
thoughts on smoking (tobacco) /pol/?
>>
>>75614314
You're pretty dumb if you do it.
>>
>>75614314
i you want to give yourself lung cancer go ahead but don't do it near me
>>
>>75614327
>>75614345
>falling for the smoking causes cancer meme
>>
it can taste and smell really good.

i'm exploring cigars and pipe tobacco right now.
>>
>>75614314
If you're not growing your own you are a degen
>>
The jews want you to smoke.
>>
>>75614314
America allows us to make our own choices
Everyone knows its "bad" but choose to do it
>>
>>75614314
I tried it, didn't really enjoy it. Stopped after 3 weeks and ~half a pack.
>>
File: RoyalTenn.jpg (67 KB, 600x335) Image search: [Google]
RoyalTenn.jpg
67 KB, 600x335
>>75614314
perpetually tryna quit
>>
I don't believe that smoking gives you cancer. I generally don't believe in medical knowledge and doctors either though. I feel like a lot of based people smoke, especially cigars.
>>
>>75614314

lots of kids and young adults on /pol/, don't smoke

I'm 33 and my biggest regret is starting to smoke cigarettes. They were 1.50 a pack when I started, developed the habit and addiction and the price has increased steadily the whole time

I have tried gum, patch, vaping, everything and it's nearly impossible to quit

I'm not so much concerned about my health as I am my wallet. I literally have spent thousands of dollars on a drug that doesn't even get you high

Currently on the vape pen again but I still dig through the ash tray to smoke butts frequently

Sucks when you've gone 9 or 10 days w/o one and you hang out with a friend who lights up

When you crack and smoke another cigarette it's like heaven and you're cucked once again
>>
>>75614619
I'm in the same boat, I made it 3 months... once
>>
>>75614386
Even if you could disprove that smoking gives cancer, it's still annoying and smells horribly.
>>
>>75614314
Smoke for pleasure, don't fall for the addiction meme.
>>
>>75614314

Its like paying for cancer, all because you're insecure and need to look busy or you get self-conscious anxiety.
>>
>>75614386
Did the vaccines give you autism?
>>
>>75614823
I also don't think addiction is real. I smoke a fair amount sometimes but I am by no means addicted. If you get addicted to anything and can't quit cold turkey you are a weakling.
>>
>>75614314

Degenerate.

Chewing, also.
>>
>>75615017

you're stupid as fuck
>>
You can only pull it off if you look like a movie star
>>
>>75614750
I went like 5 months, but I had just come down with a massive anxiety disorder, and the doctors were still trying to figure shit out. So, I wasn't smoking then because it made shit way worse. A couple years ago I quit for my ex-gf, but she's a right cunt, and I started up again. I'm trying to quit drinking right now, so cigs are my only available vice. It's gonna be a minute before I'm clean of nicotine too. Life is a shit sandwich, and cigs are primo sometimes.
>>
A pack of 25 in australia is around 30 dollaredoos and going up 20% every year. Glad i quit.
>>
>>75614620
Oh so you're a faggot? I bet you believe you can just eat healthy and get better if you get cancer
>>
File: feel.jpg (32 KB, 558x480) Image search: [Google]
feel.jpg
32 KB, 558x480
>tfw my father was just diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer
>tfw he was a lifetime smoker
>tfw never really tried to get him to quit

I had 19 years to try and I never said anything
>>
>>75615017
It's called nicotine. It affects chemicals in your brain that create those craves.
>>
>>75614314
they're not selling the product, they're selling you
>>
>>75615074
the jews made up doctors, chairs, marriage, causes of cancer, addiction, etc. be your own man.
>>
>>75614314
Never smoked. Never will. Not interested in chew, dip, or w/e else you call it either.

Fucking disgusting habit.
>>
>>75615253
I don't think smoking causes colon cancer. That might just be unrelated bad news.
>>
>>75615254
i'm immune to that shit because I'm not a fucking weakling. It's all made up.
>>
>>75615430
k
>>
>>75615380
I thought so too, but apparently it can and does, has something to do with the immune system.
>>
>>75615789
Wow damn. I'm sorry then buddy. Take what time he has left and spend as much of it with him as you can. Stay strong.
>>
>>75614327
F
P
B
P
>>
Smoke cigars or a pipe from time to time when I'm out drinking but it's not something I really care about
>>
Nicotine suppresses estrogen but you have to like paying taxes to get it through cigarettes.
>>
>>75615380
When you burn anything, you're causing a chemical reaction that involves radiation, which just so happens to cause cell damage. With smoking, lungs, mouth, and throat are the most affected but cell damage can still go beyond just the direct contact areas of the smoke.
>>
>>75614314
fucking degenerate for weaklings who can't handle the stresses of life
>>
>>75614386
And it's a great way to show how economically irresponsible you are.
>>
>>75614314
You'll enjoy it for many years, then regret it. Best not to start if you haven't. If you already smoke, try to switch to snus (if you want the tobacco goodness) or vaping (if you mainly want the nicotine).
>>
>>75615979
Nicotine also suppresses ADH from releasing in the kidneys which means you don't piss as often which leads to kidney and bladder cancer
>>
>>75615855
Thanks man. Hopefully he will kick cancer's ass, but I'm spending plenty of time with him regardless.
>>
>>75615017
>>
>>75616356
>Hopefully he will kick cancer's ass
>colon cancer

But Cancer is already kicking your dad's ass. Sorry, i had to do it :^)
>>
>>75614701
I've quit smoking about 3 months ago. I smoked on and off, mostly on for about 30 years, started when I was about 7.

I was up to about 1 pack every 2 days before I quit. I started vaping. It's satisfying but I still don't get that feeling as I did with smoking. It's not easy driving by the gas stations where I used to buy them, especially after a shitty day.

Anyways, it takes a lot of willpower and a good reason to not want to smoke again.
>>
>>75618173
You must of had a shitty childhood if you started smoking at 7. That's not normal.
>>
>>75615380
I would think it does since all the chemicals in a cigarette are absorbed into the bloodstream. But I might be wrong, but that's what I think.
>>
>>75614314
>Take adderall for years
>Smoke cigarettes for years
>stop taking adderall
>Can't smoke cigarettes anymore
>They just make me feel like shit and not enjoyable
>Stop smoking

>now I just have no energy and am a depressed mess
>oh well
>>
>>75618505
In fact I did in some regards.
>>
File: 1464553181884.gif (3 MB, 300x252) Image search: [Google]
1464553181884.gif
3 MB, 300x252
>>75614386
>>
>>75619512
I'm not trying to be mean when I ask this, but why did you start at such a young age? I mean, I have a friend who started smoking at 11 with his dad, but his childhood was shit. He's a good friend/good guy too. A little messed up though because his parents are fucking crazy.
>>
>>75614314
Bad for your health. It used to be cool but now it's a faux-pas. No real reason to get into it. Very good reasons to get out of it.
>>
I'd really rather people smoke weed over tobacco, unless it's wilderness grown/home grown.
>>
>>75620064
I grew up in a loving but slightly dysfunctional household. I lived in a neighborhood that was a little rough. I started getting into fights with kids twice my age and size in order to defend myself. On top of that my grandfather smoked. I'd take the used cigs from him when he was done with them without him knowing. I'd then ride around on my bike smoking like the little shit that I was.
>>
why smoke when you can dip?

>smoking: for prissy libtards who want to "look cool" and "fit in"
>dipping: for hard working men and women who aren't afraid to get dirty
>>
>>75614314
Why?
>>
>>75614873
Smoking tobacco actually increases focus, intelligence and can prevent Alzheimer's.
>>
>>75621267
Because it rots your fucking mouth out
>>75620797
Eat shit hippie
>>
File: o-JIM-CARREY-facebook.jpg (240 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
o-JIM-CARREY-facebook.jpg
240 KB, 2000x1000
>>75614873
If you don't get this, then you have autism.
>>
>>75614314
The best time to quit is when you're coughing up shit, especially in the winter when half the people around you also have the flu.
>>
I really don't get the addiction meme. I smoked for an entire summer once. Turkish royals. Good shit. Quit cold turkey one day because I realized it was fucking stupid and a waste of money
>>
>>75617834
kekd pretty hard desu senpai
>>
File: perique.jpg (14 KB, 260x316) Image search: [Google]
perique.jpg
14 KB, 260x316
I smoke like 3-4 cigs a week and a cigar a week too sometimes, and I think its pretty great. I get time to relax and do bullshit that isnt on the computer.

Smoking more than 5 a day is degenerate because at that point you always smell like smoke, it starts really effecting your health, and its a drain on your cash. Less and its just a way to relax while keeping your mind focused, and decent enough for work, which is why theyre so popular with the low class and the military
Alcohol is the same way; putting away a 12 pack/bottle of whiskey in a weekend is no big deal, but put all that in a day repetitivly and its kinda fucked
>>
I dip. Copenhagen long cut.
>>
>>75614314
end up like me

oral cancer

ahh yeaa smoke those fuckers i still do
>>
>>75614619
I smoked for 7 years and was prescribed Bupropian SR 150mg and quit within the hiur, no bullshit. I was up to a pack and a half a day. Look into, I always advise this with people trying to quit. It worked for others I personalky know.

I didn't smoke for 4 years straight and only occasionally have a cigar now and have zero nic fits. Best of luck.
>>
>>75614314
Fag
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.