[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder that your opinion on politics really doesn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: James-Franco.jpg (54 KB, 600x403) Image search: [Google]
James-Franco.jpg
54 KB, 600x403
Daily reminder that your opinion on politics really doesn't matter until you've been out of high school and in the real world for a year.

Teenagers don't know shit about life.
>>
Sure smells like summer in here
>>
>>75609764

>a year
>>
>>75609839
Actually why I made the thread.
>>
>>75609898
Yeah, I'd say 19 or so is when political opinions really start being made into something that matters. I'm 24.
>>
>>75610011

>I'm 24.

LOL, I'm surprised anyone else even bothers to have opinions when we have 24-year-olds around with their seasoned life experiences.
>>
>>75609764
I'm 25 and am just starting to realize how wrong I was on a lot until I was about 21.
>>
>>75610393
I'm not saying it won't change at all, but high school and below is so sheltered from reality that their opinion doesn't matter.

>>75610508
I don't think I really got it until I was 23, but I accept that there are people who figured things out before me and am using being out of high school for a year as a bottom limit to having an opinion that matters in our society.
>>
>>75610508

You're still wrong. When you turn 30 you'll realize you were wrong on a lot of stuff, but you'll think you have it all figured out now. Five years later, same thing. Five, ten after that, same thing. It'll go on until the day you die unless you stop it.
>>
>>75610767

Age is irrelevant. What happens is that you'll wake up one day and say to yourself, wow, I'm dumb as shit, and no matter how much I think I have it all figured out I'll still be dumb as shit. That's when you're ready. It doesn't matter how old you are, there are 16-year-olds who understand this and 86-year-olds who don't.
>>
>>75611662
You know it's not unheard of or wrong to decide on an idea that would work for society and aligns with your values in your 20's right?
>>
>>75611815

Of course not, there are plenty of fucktards who think they're smarter than everyone else. Statistically some have to be in their twenties.
>>
>>75612019
>implying I said I was some special snowflake with unpopular views

Fiscally conservative and socially liberal is a common alignment.
>>
File: 1243fJU.png (305 KB, 610x400) Image search: [Google]
1243fJU.png
305 KB, 610x400
>>75609764
>a year
>a year
>a year
>a year
>>
>>75612122

Being libertarian doesn't help your case.
>>
But im 29
>>
>>75610879
>When you turn 30 you'll realize you were wrong on a lot of stuff

Oh my is this so true. I think about the stuff I thought and did and cringe somewhat. Yeah life changes once you are established, own a house, have a family, and are out of the hug box known as college/grad school. You could do a dissertation of the misguided early 20s college student
>>
>>75610393
Kek

This age bracket is the absolute worst. Old enough to think they know what they're talking while being to young to know what they're talking about
>>
>>75612270
Just because libertarians are also socially liberal and fiscally conservative does not make me a libertarian. I'm unaffiliated, somewhere between a neo con and a libertarian.
>>
True, you're a child till 25
>>
>>75609764
Reminder that you also have to be rich. Non-wealthy people dont know shit about politics
>>
>>75612270
Socically conservative is libertarian
>>
>>75612829
Meaningless qualifier.
>>
>>75609764
It's nice to see people calling 24 year olds young. I'm 19 but God, I feel like my life is already almost over.
>>
>>75613143
The feeling that you're old keeps going, you just realize that you're not old compared to most people.
>>
Citizens should be required to own property to vote.
>>
>>75609764
Even then your opinion doesn't matter. 18 year olds are years away from voting intelligently (if they ever do).
>>
>>75609764
>for a year.
DAILY REMINDER 18'S SYNDROME IS A THING

YOU KNOW SHIT, KIDDIES
>>
>university kids think their campus is the real world

Wake me up inside
>>
id say more than a year man
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.