[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you Trumpfags justify your support of his statements
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7
File: maxresdefault.jpg (209 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
209 KB, 1920x1080
How do you Trumpfags justify your support of his statements about torture?
>This warning about the unreliability of information extracted through the use of
torture has echoed across the centuries. As one CIA operative who participated
in torture during the Vietnam War put it, “We had people who were willing to
confess to anything if we would just stop torturing them” (Andersen, 2004, p. 3).
Indeed, the Army Field Manual explains that strategically useful information is
best obtained from prisoners who are treated humanely, and that information
obtained through torture has produced faulty intelligence (Leahy, 2005)
>many survivors of torture report that the
truthful information they revealed was intentionally incomplete or mixed with
false information (Harbury, 2005). The goal was to appease the torturer, not to
reveal the truth. And, because the interrogators were not omniscient, they could
not discern which bits of information were true and which were false. Misreading
their victims, torturers often failed to recognize the truth and continued to inflict
pain. Victims continued to disclose, often fabricating information to in an effort
to stop the pain (Conroy, 2000; Haritos-Fatouros, 2003). Many survivors of torture
report that they would have said anything to “make the torture stop” (Mayer,
2005; McCoy, 2006). And, even in cases where torture may have preceded the
disclosure of useful information, it is impossible to know whether less coercive
forms of interrogation might have yielded the same or even better results.
This all comes from this study
https://www.cgu.edu/pdffiles/sbos/costanzo_effects_of_interrogation.pdf
>>
>trump spouts rightwing memes about torture
>clinton directly supported torture while secretary of state
I'll go with the memes.
>>
File: 1452450325271.gif (6 KB, 329x302) Image search: [Google]
1452450325271.gif
6 KB, 329x302
K
>>
>>75605349
this got me fired
>>
>>75605349
thanks doc
>>
Why do some elements of the right have such a fucking boner for torture?
>>
>>75605116
>This warning about the unreliability of information extracted through the use of
>torture has echoed across the centuries

na, it is actually quite effective, thats just a myth that is promoted since it is considered a violation of "human rights"

its the reason they do it in secret and it was such a big deal when exposed
>>
>>75605349
thanks doc
>>
>caring about the well-being of terrorists
fag
>>
>>75606025
Effective at what? coercing misleading information and abusing the rights of innocent civilians?
In 2002, Maher Arar, a Canadian
citizen of Syrian birth, was seized by U.S. officials at Kennedy International
Airport. He was subjected to intense interrogation over the course of several days,
and then flown to Syria for in-depth interrogation. He was held in a small, dimly
lit prison cell and repeatedly beaten over the course of 10 months. To stop the
torture, Arar falsely confessed to having received terrorist training in Afghanistan,
a country he had never even visited. What precipitated Arar’s harrowing ordeal
was his apparent friendship with a man believed to be associated with Al Qaeda.
In 2006, after reviewing of all the relevant documents and evidence, the head of
a Canadian government commission summarized their findings: “I am able to say
categorically that there is no evidence to indicate that Mr. Arar has committed
any offence or that his activities constitute a threat to the security of Canada”
(O’Connor, 2006, p. 2). Of the more than 700 men held at Guantanamo Bay since
2002, many are now acknowledged as “merely guilty of being in the wrong place
at the wrong time.” Originally described as “the worst of the worst,” many were
subjected to torture. Now, more than 400 of these men have been released or
cleared for release (Center for Constitutional Rights, 2009)
>>
>>75605349
thanks doc
>>
>>75605116
Because torture ALWAYS works!
You always get an answer - even if the subject is innocent, you will get names & dates, places, etc. All made up.
>>
>>75606255
>Effective at what? coercing misleading information and abusing the rights of innocent civilians?
effective at coercing accurate information

theres a reason the CIA claims its ineffective yet does it at the same time
>>
Kek, you ancient frog-god. I am contacting you through the fourth channel. Hear the choices, and let your truthful decision roar like a rough thunderstorm never seen before.

If doubles, Trump wins and Hillary gets tortured and raped for years to come, then dies.

If singles, Hillary wins, Trump will get beaten, raped and burned to death in the most painful way possible.

Hear my word Kek, hear me.
>>
>>75607055

Witnessed
>>
Even President Obama’s new director of national intelligence, Dennis C. Blair, wrote in a memorandum to his staff last week that “high value information came from interrogations in which these methods were used,” an assertion left out when the memorandum was edited for public release.
>>
>>75605116
What Trump did was signal that we are not sorry, that we are not going to apologize every ten seconds like Obama does.
The government does this now. They're starting to use it on ordinary citizens in Chicago.
Opposing Trump meams supporting this.
>>
File: 1452867111810.png (160 KB, 450x433) Image search: [Google]
1452867111810.png
160 KB, 450x433
FOOLS! You think we want information?

We want them to suffer.
>>
Torturing for info is pants on head nigger tier retarded and all you edgy faggots who think its good should be tortured yourselves
>>
>>75607754
There's lots of evidence to the contrary.
>>
>>75607838
Where?

Inb4 because it gives answers
>>
File: 1464644146444.jpg (486 KB, 1060x1600) Image search: [Google]
1464644146444.jpg
486 KB, 1060x1600
>>75607055
cute shark witnessed this.
>>
>>75607540
Well Denis Blair also said this
> Admiral Blair said in a written statement issued last night. “The bottom line is these techniques have hurt our image around the world, the damage they have done to our interests far outweighed whatever benefit they gave us and they are not essential to our national security."
>>
>>75607754
Shut up nigger
>>
File: JEW.jpg (35 KB, 184x143) Image search: [Google]
JEW.jpg
35 KB, 184x143
HOL UP
>>
File: 1452475307709s.jpg (3 KB, 102x125) Image search: [Google]
1452475307709s.jpg
3 KB, 102x125
>>75605116
Torture is a good thing and both Trump and Clinton support it
>>
>>75605116
Your right I'm a #HamburgerHill now
>>
>>75607895
yes, its important to keep torture a secret these days.
>>
>>75607055
Holy shit - I am heretical when it comes to kek, but I'm starting to witness the power this false god gathers.
>>
>>75607892
>Some Russians were also kidnapped in Lebanon. After one of the four hostages was killed, the Russians stopped negotiations. They located a relative of a Hezbollah leader and sent his castrated testicle and dead body back. They said they located other close relatives and would send more packages of human remains if the hostages were not released. They were released.[11][12]
>>
>>75607931
keked
>>
>>75605349
This pick did make me seizing 8-/
>>
>>75605116
Leftists torture me all the time with their stupidity. Stop that torture first.
>>
>>75607892
>Inb4 because it gives answers
you realize there are situations when you know that person knows the information you want
>>
>>75605116
Wow, really makes you think
>>
>>75607055
I witnessed thee o lord Kek!
>>
File: 6ksorAs[2].jpg (157 KB, 1200x1156) Image search: [Google]
6ksorAs[2].jpg
157 KB, 1200x1156
>>75605116
>threatening people with harm doesn't work
>the leftist's favorite tactic is to threaten people with harm

Hmmn. Really makes you think...
>>
>>75605116
>>75606025
>>75606255

This doesn't mean that torture doesn't work. It just means that it's an extremely delicate art and you can't just drag someone into a room and hurt them until they tell you what you need to know. It requires a person with a lot of insight who knows how to tailor his approach to the unique needs of every situation and it needs to be done in a situation where you already know portions of the information you're trying to obtain.

"Enhanced interrogation" is an excellent term because properly done, it functions the same as and it done in basically the same fashion as a police interrogation and interrogation is absolutely a skill. Any policeman will tell you that the best interrogators are guys who have been doing it for years, know the tricks and know how to read people. Torture done properly is the same thing.

>He was held in a small, dimly
lit prison cell and repeatedly beaten over the course of 10 months.

This is not torture done properly, this is pointless shit done by amateurs. Don't confuse the two. Torturing someone repeatedly over the course of months has no purpose except to make them suffer and anyone doing so knows this.
>>
NOT
US
CITIZENS

Oh no, a couple of muds hits get a bucket of water poured on their faces, boo hoo.

You fight a war for life or death. If the situation isn't life or death, you don't fight a fucking war.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.