[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did he mean by this ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (527 KB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
527 KB, 3000x2000
>>
>>75595231
Fpbp
>>
>>75595231
Pretending he has friends.
>>
File: jew_basic.jpg (19 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
jew_basic.jpg
19 KB, 220x220
>>75595231
translated version:

>corporations are my friends, sheeple.
>>
>>75595231

Let me just start off here: Mitt made the mistake of assuming normal people are versed in the law.

He IS correct, corporations are people.

For instance, notice that when you receive bills through the mail, they are in all caps "JOHN SMITH." This is the billing to your corporate person JOHN SMITH, to which John Smith is an agent.

In context, he was trying to tell people that money is speech because of the Citizens United ruling.

TL;DR, Unlimited $ = Unlimited political advertising.
>>
>>75596643

> conservashits defend corporations are people meme

So corporations can give birth and start families ? Do they goto corporate funerals when old corporations die ?

Dumbass
>>
>>75595231
In the legal sense, they are.

First you have to realise that a "person" is a legal term, regarding a "legal fiction".
>>
>>75596807

"Do they goto corporate funerals when old corporations die ?"

Yeah that's what a death certificate is to a person or a "Dissolution of articles" for a business, you fucking moron.

Maybe if you took a second to absorb what was being said you would learn something.
>>
>>75596936

Don't worry, anon knows everything, you are a "conservashit" for understanding Black's.
>>
>>75596643
That's nonsense from the sovereign citizen camp. They specialize in making legal arguments that are good enough to fool people that don't know much about the law. Also, the citizen united case was about a conservative non-profit organization "Citizens United" who wanted to air a film critical of Hillary Clinton and to advertise the film during television broadcasts, which was a violation of the 2002 Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act.
>>
He means a group of people is one person. Like 7 = 1.
>>
The Fed and its jews are immune
>>
>>75597489
Well I may understand the law, but that doesn't mean I agree with it completely.

For the operation of law, companies are people, but that's not to say that they should be "people" colloquially.

They are referring to different concepts after all.
>>
>>75596807
>dat amerifat education
>>
>>75596807
>So corporations can give birth and start families ?
Ummm .... ???? Are you seriously suggesting they can't????

Fucking corporatist bigot!
>>
>>75597532
>>75597532

At no point in time did I claim an affiliation with whackjob LOLbertarians, I have formal legal training as well.

I was under the impression that was what Romney was referring to, I stand corrected if that's not the case.
>>
So according to Conservashit logic , the government is technically a person too
>>
>>75597416
i didn't realize people could just make billions of dollars oversees, move their banking oversees, move manufacturing where the slaves are just right and break international law and then justify it with lobbies through manipulating legislation to suit their needs
>>
>>75598235

Conservashits are dumbasses who vote against their own economic interests , what did you expect ?
>>
>>75598093
Sovereign citizen people are a subset of libertarians. The especially misinformed subset. The statement I took issue with is
>For instance, notice that when you receive bills through the mail, they are in all caps "JOHN SMITH." This is the billing to your corporate person JOHN SMITH, to which John Smith is an agent.
It doesn't work that way. I don't see how they could make it work even if they wanted to, given that many people share the same name. But the sovereign citizen group make that argument all the time when they get dragged into court for a $50 traffic ticket.
>>
I don't really understand the argument against this.

Surely corporations are people in that they're a collection of persons? Just like my family are people, my town is people, etc.

If a corporation does something illegal, you don't throw the corporation in prison, but you throw the CEOs, etc. (or in an ideal world that would be the case)
>>
>>75598512
>Conservashits are dumbasses who vote against their own economic interests
and liberals dont understand economics, trump is the only politician in years who truly knows how to deal with these monsters
>>
>>75595231
He meant he'll say anything corporations want.

If corporations were people, as in individuals, they would be bound to be punished for the same transgressions as individuals for the same crimes, and they're not.

He was basically full of shit and displaying it publicly.
>>
>>75598200
Good thing every lawyer and congressmen that has ever written or argued corporate law is a conservative, or your post would be silly. I'm sure that Hillary will fix all that corporate personhood nonsense and make all the bad fee fees go away.
>>
>>75598647

Because corporations are soulless entities that only care about raising profits for their share holders
>>
>>75598935
Because corporations are treated as people under the law, you can sue the corporation. You can't put a corporation in prison but you can put the people who run the corporation in prison.
>>
>>75598999
That's from the documentary "The Corporation", so I guess you saw it too?
>>
>>75599846
Pretty based documentary desu
>>
>>75595231
he thinks by calling me his friend I will suspend all critical thought about his premise.
>>
>>75599336
>you can sue the corporation
lmao good luck trying
>>
>>75600181
Many people have tried and succeeded.

>>75599914
Watching a documentary makes you informed on one side of an argument only. That's why you come across as a bit dumb when you post here.
>>
>>75595231
Because reality is animistic in it's true nature, all things have a spirit and a consciousness of some degree, even ideas, and corporations are people too, thanks to animism.
>>
>>75600566
>Many people have tried and succeeded.
and what good has that done, are those corporations taken down? and corps literally have teams of ivy-leagues jew lawyers on hold just for anyone to test them in court, the ratio between their court wins and losses are heavily in their favor
>>
>>75600566
That's a hasty conclusion to say of him. The possibility that anon knows his opposition has not been ruled out.
>>
>>75600854
The result of a lawsuit could be that the corporation is dissolved, or has to pay money, or has to take action to fix a problem they caused.

>>75601005
He uses the term "conservashits" so I'm certain that he is getting his news from John Oliver and his college roommates.
>>
>>75598756
This, everyone else is puppets & Bernie is a commie fuck that would destroy everything
>>
>>75595231
He meant
"Just fuck up my elections, senpai"
>>
>>75601181
>or has to pay money, or has to take action to fix a problem they caused
they do the former mostly because money is expendable and do the latter after to save face, lawsuits are fucking nothing to these fucks
>>
>>75595231
He means that he's a cock-mongling faggot who worked hard to get a shitskin elected for a second round of fuckery. He's now working with Hillarys campaign.
>>
>>75601694
I get where you're coming from. I see stories like Foxconn employees committing suicide because the work conditions are so bad and it makes me angry that they're not being punished enough. But corporations absolutely do not want to get sued, much less lose lawsuits, even when they can afford to pay billions in settlements.
>>
>>75602260
>I see stories like Foxconn employees committing suicide because the work conditions are so bad
also suicide netting outside netting, and of course corporations dont want to be sued that's why they lobby, move everything overseas, and keep everything secret
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.