[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Americans of /pol/ Here are gun ownership laws in Romania:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: Wasr-10.jpg (8 KB, 220x165) Image search: [Google]
Wasr-10.jpg
8 KB, 220x165
Americans of /pol/

Here are gun ownership laws in Romania:

*Usage: I can use guns without permit, such as at shooting range
* Permit: to gain one, I need to give the following documents:
- medical proof
- psychological proof
- proof that I took a course for gun ownership
- proof I am not a criminal
* I need to register my gun
* Most guns are illegal other than fully automatic rifles

Are my rights being infringed? These things seem kind of common sense to me
>>
>Most guns are illegal other than fully automatic rifles

so you guys are only allowed to have Autos? that sounds like fun

other shit is gay af, and sounds like backwards ways for the government to deny you guns
>>
>>75573403
Shit, meant it the other way around lol.

Why is it backwards to require that you don't have insane people or criminals own guns though?

I understand the argument against registering I suppose, but the US already does that too.
>>
>>75573403
>you expressed fascist thoughts on the internet
>accused of spuousal abuse with no proof
>known anti semite?

INSANE
NO GUNS 4 U!

fuck that, I'm glad everybody and their insane drug dealer has a gun in my state
>>
>>75573193
>I need to register my gun

Essential for gun confiscation so yes, your rights are being infringed.

Btw I have that exact gun sitting 5 feet next to me. Love it.
>>
File: Statism.jpg (16 KB, 239x352) Image search: [Google]
Statism.jpg
16 KB, 239x352
>>75573193
Good slave.
>>
>>75573920
Alright, might've explained it wrong, the way it's described is as "mentally apt to own and handle guns". A fascist or spouse abuser is mentally apt, what would stop a spouse abuser would be criminal record...

>>75574007
Just curious, do you oppose this in the USA too? I know there's a federal gun registry..
>>
>>75574267
There is NOT a federal gun registry here.
>>
>>75574267
>I know there's a federal gun registry
Only for short barreled rifles, silencers, machine guns and a few other things. Some states have registries but the majority don't.
>>
>>75574395
Huh, I distinctly remember there being one, but now I see there's actually a law against databases.

That's pretty neat.
>>
>>75574592
That said, a de-facto one probably exists somewhere since every time you buy one you have to go through NICS.
>>
File: REEEEEEEEE.webm (1 MB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEE.webm
1 MB, 320x320
>>75573193
Typical European standards, it's the same here in Pooland. If you have a gun license and want to keep a gun in home you need to buy metal cabinet (which must fullfill strict requirements in the regulations) and you also have an obligatory police visit in your home, plus police interviews alll of your neighbors. If everything is okay and you can keep the gun in your home the the police has the right to check you out any time of day and night.
>>
sounds like Euros are just afraid of the power of freedom
>>
>>75573193

In Canada for most rifles/shotguns. one needs to pass a safety course, get references, and pass a criminal record check for anything scary.

Some people minor with criminal records can still get a firearms permit.

No registration of firearms unless they are restricted or prohibited class. Special license for these classes too.

Workable system for Canada.
>>
>>75573193
>* I need to register my gun
Registration always leads to confiscation of some form. Maybe they only outlaw a few specific guns, maybe they take most of them, either way registration is bad.

>I understand the argument against registering I suppose, but the US already does that too.
No we fucking do not. A select few commie states, less than 5, require registration. Most other states would rebel and secede if registration was seriously brought forward.
>>
>>75575659
I was genuinely asking, I found these things I said in the OP kind of OK (other than the gun registry).

What >>75575175 is pointing out is asinine, though.

>>75575844
Fair points. Why does it *always* lead to confiscation though? Our government isn't very interested in banning more guns, especially considering many politicians own guns...
>>
>>75575175
I forgot about one more thing, here you need to be also registered in a gun club (and therefore pay monthly/yearly fee).

If I would have just a Green Card I would have more rights in the US than I have in my own country or in the EU (despite the fact I woudn't be an official American citizenship!). This is just fucking insine. You guys should be really proud of your country.
>>
Why are you talking about romani laws.

Evryone knows you romani steals it anyway.
>>
>>75576318
Because we don't want to end up like you fags.
>>
>>75573193

>proof im not a criminal

>Romani

Hahaha
>>
File: chetnik.jpg (53 KB, 645x434) Image search: [Google]
chetnik.jpg
53 KB, 645x434
>>75573193

>mfw Serb
>mfw second in guns in world right after murica

here are our gun laws

>rifles, shotguns and handguns are allowed, but handguns have stricter licensing
>concealed carry is pretty much impossible, you must prove your life is in imminent danger and that doesn't guarantee a permission
>have to get permit for gun, if you're a degenerate or crazy you can't get one
>guns have to be kept at "safe place", if not the police can take it away
>fully automatic and nonlethal (wut) is not allowed for civilians
>can theoretically own infinite guns
>ammo is restricted though, 60 rounds per rifle max per year
>>
>>75576038
>Our government isn't very interested in banning more guns, especially considering many politicians own guns...
All laws need to be written with a full understanding of how they could be abused. The guys in power might be alright now, but what about ten years from now?
>>
>>75576552

>Romanis

>Not dreaming of living Svens life

>>
>>75577431
I agree, but I don't think it'll change much.

Here's hoping that we'll get rid of the gun registry before politicians get rid of more guns.

Thanks for the help figuring things out. Personally I want to get a gun even as it is, but I wanted to know what can be improved about the state of affairs. Personally I wish we had a constitutional provision for gun ownership, but we have a post-commie constitution so...
>>
>>75573193
>medical proof
a doctor could be bribed to prevent you from gaining access
>psychological proof
holding the 'wrong' ideology can be perceived as mental illness
>proof of course for gun ownership
as long as they're private courses nbd
>not a criminal
this I actually disagree with. Criminals still have rights, if what they did was so bad you wouldn't want them armed, you don't want them released, period.
>register
oh HEEELLLLLLLLLL no
>most are illegal other than full auto
I imagine you meant to say the opposite, this is still unacceptable.
>>
>>75577547
>Dreaming of Svens life
Sure fag we all want to work and suck muslims dicks like you do
>>
>>75577319
Almost the same as in Sweden except for
>ammo is restricted though, 60 rounds per rifle max per year
In Sweden i can own as much ammo as i want.
>fully automatic and nonlethal (wut) is not allowed for civilians
Non lethal/tazers etc need a licence, But fully autos are allowed if you have a reason why you need it for instance if you serve in the reservists and live far away from the regiment you can have your Ak4b battlerifle at home.
Also sportshooting is a valid reason for a permit if you got the money and time it takes to get the license.
>>can theoretically own infinite guns
After 6 rifles i have to state why i need more etc when i apply for a new license.
But i can own more if the Police think i need more.

Apart from that everything else is very simular.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.