[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Obama
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
Serious thread.
I have recently been red pilled, but there is one thing I still don't understand: Why the contempt for Obama? Stronger economy than entered and created a way to sift off illegal immigration. Sure, he has a weak foreign policy, but that's understandable considering his legacy — the best strategic move in his position is to play it safe.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Marshall_Davis
>>
>>75564216
Let's add some substance to go along with that link.
>>
You need to figure these things out for yourself we aren't your baby sitter
>>
>>75563970

This is a SATIRICAL board dummy, Obongo wuz kings of /pol/ the whole time.
>>
>>75564471
This isn't a question of finding information, it's a question about understanding someone else's point of view.
I can use Google like the rest of you; what I can't do it put myself in your shoes.
>>
>>75564760
Remember Poe's Law.
To say all of /pol/ is completely satirical is... Well, even if that is the case I'm sure some here do oppose him for well-thought out reasons. I'd like to talk to them.
>>
>>75564795
Wrong. It is a question of information. You sound like a "moral relativist" leftie. Do you have a basic understanding of the important issues facing America? How did Obama do?

>Attempted overthrow of the Egyptian government despite them being a long standing ally of the United States (the rebels got BTFO by Egyptian military who ended up taking over)
>successful overthrow of Libyan government, country now controlled by ISIS and other extremist groups
>Attempting to overthrow the secular government of Syria, Obama is funding and training "rebels" in Syria fight Assad and Syrian military, if they win then ISIS would end up taking over the country
>he pulled troops out of Iraq and let ISIS take over their oil fields
There are just a few examples of him empowering ISIS and destroying stability in the middle east, if you interested I might be inclined to discuss domestic policy
>>
>>75565309

I am not a "Moral relativist". I'm a new recruit who was recently introduced to a new world view, one that I don't fully understand.

The pattern of Middle East intervention gone array is nothing new to this administration; at least three presidential generations before him were far more at fault.

Putting that side let's discuss the latter of your points:
>I do believe he was at fault for actions in Syria. However, don't you think in a global stage — as well as domestic he was morally obligated to do what he did in a democratic fashion?

>Pulling a large amount of US man power from the Middle East was a vast part of his initial political campaign, one that he staved off once a shadow regional instability grew. Again, was he not obligated to keep his word after a second term?
>>
>>75565929
Okay, you're clearly extremely new and shouldn't be posting. This is nothing personal against you, but the rule is wait at least 3 months before you start posting. I will reply to this out of courtesy but I wouldn't have replied to the thread in the first place if had ended up reading the entire post. Also you don't understand how to use greentext, lurk moar. Now then,
>I have recently been red pilled
no you haven't
>stronger economy than entered
The economy natural grows every year, even if a dog were president the economy would grow. Unemployment has gone up under Obama and the only reason the number seems low is because they have drastically changed the criteria of "unemployed"
>created a way to sift off illegal immigration
he has allowed millions of people to come here illegally and has given orders to border patrol to disobey federal law and to let illegals in. Also, they proudly say that Obama has deported more illegals than Bush, yet the Obama administration CHANGED the definition of "deportation" to include people turned away at the border, which was previously not included in the umbrella of deportation
>the pattern of Middle East intervention gone array is nothing new to this administration; at least three presidential generations before him were far more at fault
Not an argument
>DA OTHER PRESIDENTS WER JUST AS BAD AND EVEN WORSE
that doesn't relieve Obama of his crimes in the middle east
>don't you think globally and domestically he was morally obligated to overthrow the Syrian government in a Democratic fashion
His actions have resulted in widespread terrorism in Syria, there are millions of refugees in Europe because of it, and his actually are illegal under international law as described in the UN charter. So in what way was he globally obligated to break international law, destroy an entire country, and spread terrorism to dozens of others?
>domestically morally obligated
this makes no sense
>democratic fashion
nothing hedid was democratic
>>
>>75565929
You've used the word "staved" twice, you should try a new word that you understand.
>pulling a large amount of US man power from the middle east was a vast point of his initial political campaign
the fact that he campaigned on something doesn't make it correct. half of what you've posted aren't even fucking arguments
>>
>>75567492
I used "staved" once — the use was correct: he "avert[ed] or delay[ed] something bad or dangerous." which in this case was his action of withdrawing troops.

Yes, you're right: a lot of what I said aren't arguments. They weren't meant to be. I'm here to understand someone's point of view, which you have done — thank you.
>>
File: reaction57.jpg (7 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
reaction57.jpg
7 KB, 320x240
>>75563970
>Be Obama
>Do all of the exact same identical things bush did only even worse
>durrrr why is there contempt for obama you guys im redpilled btw
>>
>>75564335

Sure.

If you want to understand Obama's politics there they are.

Frank Marshall Davis was his mentor.
>>
>>75568925
Ending got me good. Had a laugh. Cheers.
What I said wasn't a reference to Bush, though it does fit him.
I had two things in mind with that comment: outline the almost expected factor of Middle Eastern intervention and its repeated failure, something I never seem to be attributed to anyone outside of Bush. Yes, Obama included, but also both of their predecessors.
>>
>>75568665
This wasn't my perspective, I gave facts and you gave opinions. Big difference.
>>
>>75569303
And the way you replied gave me plenty of insight. I was never here to argue Obama was good, or to counter anyone's points.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.