[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>wins election over a literal statistical tie >european
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 1464012470808.jpg (92 KB, 1322x750) Image search: [Google]
1464012470808.jpg
92 KB, 1322x750
>wins election over a literal statistical tie
>european "democracy"
>>
>>75536290
Well, 50% + 1 is all it needs. I'm looking forward to the butthurt threads when the UK votes to remain in the EU.
>>
>>75536418
But still, doesnt that call for a re election since it is still 50-50 by statistical standards
>>
>>75536290
>>75536515
what would you do when there's a statistical tie, flip a coin?
>>
>>75536515
But it wasn't 50/50. It was 50.3% vs 49.7%, VdB got around 30k more than his opponent. 'By statistical standards' (whatever that means in this context), VdB > Hofer.
>>
>>75536616
>believing the Lügenpresse
>implying it wasn't rigged big time
>>
>>75536668
I would say I'm going to believe what the FPO spokesman will declare about challenging the result via a formal complaint. Protip: they won't.
>>
>2 round elections
>>
>>75536616
Yes that is still a valid reason to call for a re election or canvassing of ballots if the opposing party contested the results. But who am I kidding?
>european "democracy" is legit
>>
File: Hahnreich.png (16 KB, 762x572) Image search: [Google]
Hahnreich.png
16 KB, 762x572
kek
>>
>>75536892
Well, if the FPO have any doubt about the result, they can just call for an investigation, a recount, ..

However, you will see that they will not. Because they realised that they lost fair and square. Why else would they not demand a recount if they are so sure about false play? Or call in the OECD supervisors?
>>
>>75536290
This is so fucking bullshit. It's not even related to far right or whatever. But the guy that the media in my country introduced as "xenophobe" and "racist" lost to literally a coalition of every other political force in Austria. It's like they tell you, this is our game and you get to choose, but you only get to do so while there isn't someone we don't like playing this game. So, basically, what is the moral ground for democracy at this moment? If what the majority wanted to choose is worth ball?
>>
>>75537288
What the fuck are you talking about. The most influential media entity (Kronen Zeitung, a shitty tabloid, #1 most read newspaper in Austria by far) was backing Hofer fully. 'The media' was behind Hofer, at least in terms of number of readers.
>>
>>75537700
It's not about the media. It's about how everyone in the political system, even people with diametrically opposing ideas, gather together to support one ecologist guy, just not to elect the evil nazi - whom the majority preferred.
>>
>>75536616
/thread
Quilt bitching
>>
File: Hofer Shut it down.png (295 KB, 800x571) Image search: [Google]
Hofer Shut it down.png
295 KB, 800x571
>wins election
>>
>>75537288
democracy is a left wing form of organizing the government, and is typically against the conservative forces in any given country. So yes what happened there was very typical for democracies.
>>
>>75537870
>ecologist guy
First of all, VdB is hardly an ecologist. He's a capitalist, born and bred.

Political parties ganging up on each other is business as usual. The Greens supported Fischer during his first campaign back in 2004.

>It's about how everyone in the political system, even people with diametrically opposing ideas, gather together

Hm. Yeah, how dare they.
>>
>>75538086
yeah, how fucking dare they. Some ideas are mutually exclusive. You can't put yourself on the same side with someone with mutually exclusive ideas, and expect some people not to realize the actual lack thereof.
>Political parties ganging up on each other is business as usual.
that's exactly what I'm talking about my man. Being a normal and frequent thing doesn't make it acceptable.
>>
>>75538086
>mutually exclusive ideas
VdB was supported officially by the Greens, a few members of OVP and SPO (without the party itself giving a Wahlempfehlung) and Irmgard Griss.

The Greens, OVP and the SPO have more in common than you think. The first two are white-collar middle class parties, where as the last one is the traditional workers party.

I believe your stance is mainly built on ignorance regarding Austrian interior politics.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.