[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do millennials work as waiters earing $2 plus tip instead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 259x194
Why do millennials work as waiters earing $2 plus tip instead of working at a job like construction, picking crops or cleaning toilets which Mexicans do?
>>
It's easier to serve food and complain your pay isn't enough than to actually do work that deserves a higher pay
>>
Bc they have superiority complexes and are only working as a waiter or waitress until their band makes it big or they land that sick modeling contract
>>
Mexican here.

You earn about the same amount of money than doing construction, but you sweat less, don't get cuts, scars, or injuries. You don't have to be under the sun or use any strenght at all.

All you gotta do is talk nicely to people, groom, and be quick. You'll be swimming in money.

I do it because I can't afford a full time job, since I'm in college.
>>
because they're self-entitled cunts which is basically in the job description for waiters
>>
Made more as a waiter then I did in construction but I actually liked working in construction a little more because I did not have to speak with the public.
>>
>>75326464
First post best post

Also, this >>75327350 is completely inaccurate, unless you're a godly waiter or waitress your tips will not make anywhere near $14-$15 an hour, which are what some of the jobs I've had paid in my shitty day-labour days before I went to college.

>can't afford a full time job, since I'm in college

I work full time and do school full time. CNC machinist, job is laid back and comfy af with no mandatory overtime. All that experience I got before going to college paid off.
>>
File: paulsinking.gif (6 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
paulsinking.gif
6 KB, 100x100
>>75327162

But I'm doing construction until my band is making enough to pay bills and shit. Construction is alright though, don't have to deal with people. The Mexicans pies me off, though. They leave shit everywhere and steal buckets all if the time.
>>
>>75325775
I am good at being a server.
I don't work at a shit restaurant, like a Denny's.
On days when we are busy, I can make a decent amount of money. $80 for a lunch shift last Thursday.

Sometimes I get parties of the businessmen, who don't mind paying $15 for a margarita, and walk out with $250 in my pocket.

It is teaching me how to deal with people in real life, and provides a flexible schedule since I am still in school.

It's not so bad, but people who complain about muh 20% tip need to be imprisoned.
>>
File: 1434485038100.jpg (51 KB, 420x487) Image search: [Google]
1434485038100.jpg
51 KB, 420x487
>>75325775

I don't know. I'm a millenial & a machinist. If I'm working CNC it's push a button and fuck off for x amount of minutes.

>>75327632
this guy gets what I'm talking about

Not only pays the bills, pays for my mfg. operations management studies (company pays), pays into my 401K, and I still sock away $500 a month.

I don't get it either
>>
>>75327632
I make easily 20 an hour, but I sit myself, disregarding the hostess. I also always ask others if they'd like me to take their tables, since they're lazy assholes. Plus the kitchen hooks me up when I need it since I got them their jobs.

I'm a good server.
>>
>>75325775
I used to work as a janitor but then I got a better gig with the company after becoming friends with a few of the higher-ups who would work late. I'm in the millennial age group, but, at the risk of sounding like a 12 year old commenting on a pink floyd video, don't really identify much with what are stereotypical millennial traits.
>>
>>75325775
>construction, picking crops or cleaning toilets
Have any of you faggots actually worked doing any of these?

Construction is tough as fuck, and completely drains the living fuck out of you. The sun is pure hell. You'll get bruises, cuts everywhere, your hands will get "big" and "rugged" due to all the manual work, and on top of all that you'll have to be in contact with and breath in about every cancerous substance on earth. It pays well though, so there's always that.

Working in agriculture is similar to construction in that you have to work under the sun and it's also tough as all fuck. You also have the risk of your whole crops going to shit which happened to a friend of mine during a flood. It got so bad he quite ironically nearly didn't have enough for food.

I don't know jack shit about cleaning toilets, but I even gag sometimes at the smell of my own shit. I can't even fathom how hard it may be cleaning other people's shit.

Being a waters is just so damn easy and all you have to do is be nice to people. It's the perfect job for millennials. Just fringe your happiness, give them a big pretty smile, and expect a couple of bucks as a reward. Be a good and proud cuck to your masters.
>>
>>75325775
Because they don't hire whites to do those jobs.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.