[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I researched a bit on fair use because of this h2h2 case and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: POLPOLPOL.jpg (16 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
POLPOLPOL.jpg
16 KB, 320x180
So I researched a bit on fair use because of this h2h2 case and I think they are fucked. In some ways I am kind of happy because I want to see some of those fuckers on youtube gtfo because the content is garbage. Will post incoming with what I see.
>>
>>75319745
what case
>>
So to be fair use the content has to be as follows:

1. the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;
[Being the H2H2 content is for profit it is a strike against them].
>>
>>75319865
noice
>>
they're jewish lol
>>
>>75319865
lol no the content doesn't HAVE to be, that's just a factor that's considered, also you probably just copied that from wikipedia or something
>>
2. the nature of the copyrighted work;
[It is a commentary video, so h2h2 gets 1 good thing on there side]

3. Amount and substantiality
[The original video that I have seen was 4 minutes long, h2h2 has used 3 minutes of the video in their video, so 75% of it was stolen]
>>
4. Effect upon work's value
[The effect of the content used has made h2h2 money and the original workers lose money.]

So h2h2 has 3 strike against them, 1, 3, 4.
>>
>>75320321
>>75320092
You literally just copy pasted stuff from the wiki article without even reading it huh? Guess what, as an actual law student, there's no way they can lose this with a decent lawyer
>>
Haven't the faintest who they are but they look ultra-kikey.
>>
>>75320054
Yes but 3 of the 4 factors are against h2h2. The other youtubers know this as well so they are fighting this because they are going to get sued as well. For example look at the content of the people that donated and they wouldn't be able to pass the fair use test of.

1. the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;
2. the nature of the copyrighted work
3. the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and
4.the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.

-Youtubers Comment on FULL GAME CONTENT for PROFIT and most of the time it causes game makers to lose money because the story is all given away and the kids don't buy the games.
>>
i hated ethan ever since he went full libcuck on a video on womens beauty pagents and how theyre degrading
>>
>>75320578
I remember the guy said something about hating Israel a long while back before he blew up, he probably has censored it by now or I remember it incorrectly. The girl is straight hebrew however.
>>
>>75319745
Holy shit if they lose this every reaction video will be up for suit. We could make a lot of money suing niggers on youtube.
>>
>>75320022
So is the guy suing them.
>>
File: Mr._Waternoose.jpg (200 KB, 1920x1036) Image search: [Google]
Mr._Waternoose.jpg
200 KB, 1920x1036
>>75320762
OY VEY
>>
>>75320735
He visited the wailing wall and trolled hardcore
>>
>>75320474
Your going to make a shit lawyer if you keep going like that.

Here is more info:
1. What are you doing with the copyrighted content? If you are doing something highly transformative with the content then you will have more room under the fair use doctrine. You are more likely to be covered if you are saying something quite different from what the original creator was trying to say.

2. What is the nature of the copyrighted content you are using? Use of creative or fictional content (for example, a film or cartoon) is less frequently allowed under fair use than less creative, non-fictional material.

3. How much of the original content are you using? You should be careful to use a reasonable amount. Just use enough of the copyrighted content as you need to in order to get your point across.

4. Will your work serve as a substitute for the original? If your video will take away views or sales from the original then it is less likely to be covered under fair use. Additionally, you shouldn’t create work that occupies markets that copyright owners are entitled to exploit.

Source: http://www.adweek.com/socialtimes/fair-use-youtube/62896
>>
You can easily figure out their exact address in NYC from their videos.

If anyone was so inclined...
>>
>>75319825
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEGVOysbC8w
>>
>>75320092
Pretty sure the original video was like 14 minutes long. Pretty much everything is on their channels is over 10 minutes long.
>>
Good they stole shit from MDE as well. Fuck these two fucking KIKES

>>75321071
Is he on fucking coke?
>>
His vids have gotten really old to me and I'm annoyed that he unleashed normies onto Matty B, but the lawsuit sounds weak

>>75320735
He lived in Israel and his wife is from there but he moved because he apparently hated it.
>>
>>75321457
>h2h2
Still even if so, the case can go either way. There hasn't been any major youtube cases that has 100% the crap on there. Even LP are in a grey area and the people are scared shitless if this is not considered fair use.

Surprised that pewdiepie hasn't donated more. He has even used roms and isos in his videos, conker and silent hill come to mind.
>>
Kike detected. Fair use is clear, the matthoss dude has no case.
>>
File: 1343964523973.png (55 KB, 343x400) Image search: [Google]
1343964523973.png
55 KB, 343x400
>>75319745

(((Ethan Klein)))
>>
>politics
>>
>>75322074

>Ethan met his future wife at a holocaust museum in Israel.
>>
>>75320649
I know when faggy pewdiepie types do shit on Nintendo type games, Nintendo gets a cut of their money
>>
File: image.png (244 KB, 986x810) Image search: [Google]
image.png
244 KB, 986x810
>>75321069
You remind me of those folks who copy and paste the anti privacy thing on facebook
>>
>>75322121
Copyright law on Youtube is more relevant than 50% of pol's usual threads
>>
>>75322040
How would you defend fair use in court? Thought I see you are from Canada as well, so our fair use is a bit different then the one in USA. I don't think we can even do Parody in Canada.
>>
>>75320649
Dude only the first one fails the test. Which is meaningless because for profit news is indeed protected.
>>
>>75320649
Isn't it h3h3?
>>
File: gears.png (286 KB, 611x464) Image search: [Google]
gears.png
286 KB, 611x464
>>75320761

Good. Tired of "reaction videos" monopolizing the front page of YouTube and half of my fucking Facebook feed.
>>
>>75323013
Not all the time, the Hulk Hogan case is an example. Besides this wasn't even news reporting it was commentary garbage.

>>75323204
Yes you are correct. I don't watch a lot of youtube.
>>
>>75323354
You do realize that the front page youtube shows you when you're logged in is according to your interests. That means that you just watch a lot of reaction videos.
>>
>>75323457

On the contrary, I've never watched a single one. It shows me "what's hot" and a bunch of other weird recommendations that are absolute shit. I need to figure out how to reset all of that.
>>
>>75323457
A lot of garbage comes up even when cleared cookies and not logged in. I don't even have youtube account.
>>
>>75323457
It could happen with even one, or anyone related to it

Like if you were to watch a lot of an animator, shit like racist Mario will continue to come into your feed
If you watched a video by one guy, could have been clickbait or whatever the reason, that guy's content is all you'll see from then on until you either watch a different type of video or just remove them from your suggestions altogether
>>
>>75323740

Yep. It's why half of my time on YouTube is incognito viewing.
>>
File: 1463791900083.jpg (9 KB, 298x326) Image search: [Google]
1463791900083.jpg
9 KB, 298x326
THE LAWS THE LAW SORRY YOU CAN'T MAKE MONEY OFF MAKING FUN OF RANDOM YOUTUBE VIDEOS SO SAD. LETS START A FAIR USE COPYRIGHT REVOLUTION WOOOOO LOL THAT LAWS SO STUPID HAHAH. companies only let people make videos using footage from their games because it benefits those companies and there really is not anything wrong with that,
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.