[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did a tiny island in the middle of nowhere becoming the greatest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 32
File: British Empire.png (32 KB, 1425x625) Image search: [Google]
British Empire.png
32 KB, 1425x625
>>
>>75310663
Coal.
>>
>>75310663
1.Being an island gave Bongistan protection from the continental european kingdoms that would have wrecked them if they were connected to Europe.

2.Easy access to the Atlantic Ocean made colonizing the New World easier.

3.Lots of innovative inventors.
>>
>>75310747
I mean before third world immigration.
>>
>>75310663
We're not a tiny island
>>
>>75310663
Because they're white, duh.
>>
File: 1326028853509.gif (1 MB, 150x113) Image search: [Google]
1326028853509.gif
1 MB, 150x113
>>75310831
>>
>>75310876
How are you greater than Britain? I hate this meme, because it only looks into the current year.

Britain has built a massive Empire, that has formed modern civilisation. Without this Empire, half the world would still be tribal and petty. Britain has made the greatest innovations and scientific achievements, along with Germany. America is a close second, of course.

Honestly, America isn't the greatest nation in history (and if we include nations like Rome and their Empire, then you guys are really wrong).
>>
>>75310663
New Zeland isn't that great
>>
>>75310663

Didn't have to spend a fortune having a standing army like the continental powers, (which they could invest in muh empire,) an abundance of the resources required for industrialization, and of course muh wooden wall and merchant marine giving them the ability to edge give my maintain large overseas holdings.

Also probably Jews with red shields
>>
We were chosen by God

But he's currently been smiting us and the eternal Kraut helped cripple us and the White European dominion over the earth
>>
>>75311036
But it is the current year
>>
>>75310663
The greatest nation? You mean the one that produced liberalism that is toppling Europe now? Britain was ok until it started to fight the catholic church. Now it's a dying country serving the interests of hedge funds
>>
>>75311036
We more or less run the entire globe, all without using brute force (except as a last resort.) The British empire was just a collection of random countries that were weak enough to let themselves get conquered. The American empire exists because there is no one that is strong enough to openly defy us.
>>
>>75311141

>edge give my

Fucking autocorrecting Jews
>>
>>75310663

More Canadians polishing their teeth to suck English Royal dick.

Their cancer never ends. I officially unironically hate Canadians now.

>Unless you mean Australia which in that case is the worlds greatest Island and in many ways is equal to America in meme power.
>>
File: 3725846_bgtbugeye.jpg (44 KB, 585x400) Image search: [Google]
3725846_bgtbugeye.jpg
44 KB, 585x400
>>75310747
They stole ship building technologies from King Wewuz
>>
>>75311208
this is the fate of every successful nation you retard, once you attain victory you stagnate because theres no one else left to fight so humans do what we've always done and we turn on ourselves, humanity is ALWAYS looking for the next battle because fighting is one of the most basic instincts in any creature Alive, you fight to survive and when theres nothing left to fight you grow fat and complacent until something younger comes along to finally destroy you
>>
>>75311312
Be nice to daddy
>>
>>75310663
Step one: realize you are weak, tiny and isolated. At this point in your history you just got done paying taxes to semi-occupying Scandinavians you could not oppose.
Step two: given step one, your only defense option is UNIVERSAL ARMAMENT. Every man is a soldier. Maybe he's not mobilized at the moment but every man Jack is part of a huge ultimate reserve. This is the yeomanry, called in America the militia.
Step three: from the widest possible candidate pool (see step two), encourage competition and the maintaining of high skill.
Step four: be so good with a bow and arrow that the French give up being what had been the best heavy cavalry in Western Europe and opt for just building really, really good castles.
Step five: Portugal's Prince Henry develops a "skunk works" to concentrate and accelerate research into making the best possible sailboat. Befriend Portugal so you can steal their tech.
Step six: limes.
Step seven: Keep carpenters and raw materials on every warship so that even as other navies try to knock you down, stuff is getting fixed.
>>
>>75310663
overwhelming naval power due to being an island separated from continental europe, we could afford to pour money into our naval and merchant fleets. we benefited from the same isolation the USA benefited from during the world wars.
>>
File: HillaryRothschild.jpg (60 KB, 437x339) Image search: [Google]
HillaryRothschild.jpg
60 KB, 437x339
>>75311498

Look at me

>I'm the Daddy Now
>>
>>75310663
Tuvalu??
>>
>>75311165

>eternal teuton*
>>
>>75311244
Except you don't. You don't run the world. I really don't understand this meme and when I ask people to explain they normally respond with basic facts like, 'America has the biggest GDP in the world' or 'America has the largest military force in the world', without actually explaining why that makes them control the world.

As for America using 'soft power' - that's silly. In the Rankings, America is THIRD for Soft Power, whilst Britain is first: http://softpower30.portland-communications.com/ranking

Now, that doesn't necessarily, mean Britain is the most powerful - we certainly can't do as much in wars as America can, but we don't need to since wars are differently now - but we are still equal in power to America.

But seriously, explain to me why America runs the entire globe, all with using soft power. I'd like to know.

Oh, and also - Britain had a large soft power index at the height of its empire, since it literally controlled the sea, thus it controlled the trade routes of the world. America can't do that, and I can't think of a time when it could.
>>
>>75310663
This is more of a /his/ question but why did it take so long to discover Australia?

It's basically right next to the ancient Indian ocean trade routes and none of those huge trading boats ever discovered it.
>>
>Britain
>Greatest nation in History
Barely cracks the top 3
Roman > Mongol > British
>>
>>75311547
>step six
I admit, although you're a yank that was pretty funny.
>>
here's the problem if you grow up in the US the television will make you believe that the US invented all the great technologies. The fact is some of these technologies came from Japan and China.

Same with the UK. As a child watching the BBC you would grow up thinking Britain invented all the best technologies. Fact is many came from the Germans and some from the Arabs.

let me ask a question who invented the internet?
>>
>>75311312
>America
>Strong in meme power

4chan is much stronger in meme power than America. And a lot of the Trump memes - like Can't Stump the Trump or using the God Emperor from Warhammer - are rehashes of brit memes of Farage - Can't Barrage the Farage and God Emperor.
>>
>>75311494
I agree that nations rise and fall but nevertheless their contribution must be judged. And english liberal thinkers like Locke are just worthless pieces of crap. Look what is left of Britain now

Britain was able to seize any wealth that peasantry had. It successfully employed children to work in coal mines. Britain created a new powerful force, the proletariat. Finally it was able steal and divide the wealth of the catholic orders. Modernity is pretty much one social force dominating the whole country for a while, exploiting others. This was the case with british peasants. They were robbed and exploited mercilessly by the british elite that was able to finance colonialism thanks to that. But when the poor stood up against the rich, liberal elites the country had to become what it's now - torn apart, wasting the reserves it has left, where fucking communism is still popular
>>
>>75312087
Mostly Britain with packet-switching and the WWW, but America did make the ARPANET, which was essentially applying the idea of packet-switching to form the internet.
>>
Here come all the Americans saying their country is the greatest to ever exist kill yourselves please.
>>
>>75312087
actually the BBC has been blatantly pro-multikulti for a good decade or more, documentaries that show pre-war britain in a good light are pretty rare
>>
>>75312060
Explain ranking system.
>>
>>75312060
Mongol, although big, didn't leave a massive impact. It's only something to be marvelled at.

The British Empire is the spiritual successor to the Roman Empire, as in they had the same impact but for different time periods. And, for all those who say the Roman Empire is better because it paved the way for the British Empire and for primitive European civilisation, then that's not really an argument. Yes, it did pave the way for the future, but so has the British Empire - and that logic can be applied to arguments like 'the HRE is better than Kaiser Germany, because the HRE paved the way for the Kaiser Germany' - NO! That's boring and really stupid.
Do you understand my argument?
>>
>>75312060
>mongols

Literally conquering a lot of grass and being a horse nigger
>>
>>75311960
The US uses its military to take down governments that it doesn't like, then either leaves the nation in ruins or places a greatly corrupt leader that will not work for the benefit of the nation.
>>
File: america-872379_960_720[1].jpg (150 KB, 960x697) Image search: [Google]
america-872379_960_720[1].jpg
150 KB, 960x697
>>75311036
>Has the most powerful military by far, including military bases in just about every country
>Our culture permeates the globe (Americanization)
>Highest GDP despite having 200M less people than Europe and far less than China
>We have the de facto capital of the world, New York
>We hold by far the most weight in the UN (headquartered in NYC btw)

There is really no metric you can use to argue that the USA isn't essentially the ruler of the world. We are what Rome aspired to be but couldn't accomplish for obvious reasons.

God bless this totally awesome and invincible nation.
>>
>>75310663
they didnt care about the feeling of shitskins
>>
>>75312060
Romans only had the 17th largest empire in history, mongols just let people do their own thing still and occasionally give the khan money, not really much of an empire. Brits controlled 25% of the known world and in colonized those areas, not just controlled them.
>>
>>75312712
Working out really well for you isn't it.
You know, all those Middle Eastern leaders sure love you.
Honestly, I hate to sound like most of the fags on here - but don't you think that your government is being paid by rich Jews who you to continue war in the Middle East to give you an incentive to donate to Israel. Do you think that really your government, and country, is being run by Jewish money?
>>
File: 1463464166285.png (89 KB, 500x465) Image search: [Google]
1463464166285.png
89 KB, 500x465
>>75311042
>>
File: cecil-rhodes-12568024.jpg (80 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
cecil-rhodes-12568024.jpg
80 KB, 850x400
>>75310663
Because in the past hey had men like pic related
>>
>>75312981
Who gives a shit what a bunch of sand niggers think?
>>
>>75312822
>We hold by far the most weight
Really not something to be proud of
>>
File: 1459647105715.png (666 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1459647105715.png
666 KB, 1280x720
>>75310663
sleight-of-hand business arrangements.
>>
>>75312822
>>Our culture permeates the globe (Americanization)
The most American things in my life are my Nalgene bottle and the fact we use pumpkins instead of turnips at Halloween.

Also your country is owned by China and Saudi Arabia with a $19 trillion debt. If any of these nation want their money back, America will go into a state of depression.
>>
>>75310663
The tiny island's inhabitants had to continually defend themselves from barbarian European invasion, they became good at war and experts at sea.
This continuous warfare led to scientific advancement like the blast furnace that enabled them to overcome far superior numbers in battle with standardized production of munitions, they then went on discovering and chasing wogs all over the Earth.
>>
>>75310663
Didn't they get funded by the Rothschild for a while?
>>
>>75312334
>Mostly Britain with packet-switching and the WWW, but America did make the ARPANET

Very nice. And there are blacks in America that say an African named Emeagwali invented the internet. Here's a video of Bill Clinton giving him credit for an algorithm that makes connecting 100 computers to each other seamless.

My point is as a Brit you're going to have a hard time, as I have, when most people grow up thinking their country is the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1-bnbeP8VA
>>
>>75311244
>We more or less run the entire globe
Ah huh, how's the Crimea situation going?
>>
>>75312822
>New York
London's the financial capital of the world, but - to your pleasure - it won't be for much longer with Khan at the reins.

>Highest GDP most powerful military
Read my post: >>75311960

>We hold the most weight at the UN
You don't really. Everyone in the security council has equal power. And, the UN HQ being in America doesn't prove that America's has the most power in the UN.

>Americanisation
Although I will agree that your culture is very powerful. I won't go as far to say it's the most powerful as of now, again - with the soft power index, which measures cultural relevancy - Britain is the top. Now, that's no real evidence, which is why I'll settle for the known fact of - 'Britain's culture is as powerful as America's culture, and both cultures are very similar due to their anglo roots'.
>>
>>75312822
What does british or american liberalism have to do with the classical tradition? USA which is a nation of modernity, which is a treason of Europe is supposed to be a roman successor? Do you have any idea about the intellectual history of Europe? Classical education in your countries must literally be limited to just XVIIth century
>>
This thread surprisingly has next to none shitposting right now, mostly reasonable arguments. I am proud of everyone here.
>>
>>75313304
When I say mostly, that mostly comes from patriotism and a certain view. As an American, I'm sure you can argue that America invented ARPANET, even if some British ideas came to use, thus America technically invented the internet.

As for the niggers - well, they're niggers, and they'll always think 'we wuz inventors n' shieet', when in reality, their inventors, and inventions, look more like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peLdO1t6TVQ
>>
>>75313332
London is the world capital for money laundering. That's literally it. It's rather hilarious how your elites wear that title with pride in spite of that. NYC is the actual beating heart of global capitalism.
>>
File: gdp.jpg (28 KB, 454x168) Image search: [Google]
gdp.jpg
28 KB, 454x168
>>75312822
Your military lost against the Vietnamese only a few decades ago despite massively outnumbering them and having vastly superior technology.
>>
File: gfci.jpg (27 KB, 567x101) Image search: [Google]
gfci.jpg
27 KB, 567x101
>>75312822
>>
>>75313202
>America will got into a state of depression
Everyone will, since America is closely connected to the global economy. And before any yanks claim this proves their superiority, I'll say that Britain and Germany can do the same thing, since they're just as connected.
That's why we should all be worried about the migrant crisis in Europe - not just for cultural and ancestral reasons, but also for economical reasons. The global economy is sretching from Africa to Germany: and we don't know whether it'll tear.
>>
>>75312087
It was mainly American. Berners-Lee and his WWW/HTML was developed off of American-centric SGML. Most of the underlying engineering and technical aspects used in computing and the Internet were developed by Americans. Microprocessors, information theory, von Neumann architecture, the shitloads of work Bell Labs did (Unix, transistors, the C programming language)
>>
>>75313641
It must feel good to win so much that your only major fuckup is such a meme
>>
>canada (a shithole frozen rock, eh)
>australia (a shithole jail desert)
>india (its fucking india)
>africa (wut?)

i know this is bait but its so confusing.
>>
File: 1448729617937.png (477 KB, 886x2414) Image search: [Google]
1448729617937.png
477 KB, 886x2414
>It's a Brits still think they're relevant episode
>>
>>75313626
Can you prove NY is the global capital of the world? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Financial_Centres_Index
>>
leader ship!
>>
>>75312587
>actually the BBC has been blatantly pro-multikulti for a good decade or more

If BBC has been multiculti for a decade then that means only people under 10 weren't taught to believe they're # 1. The rest of us did.
>>
>>75313854
Well, to us Brits, you're all savages. So, regardless of who we conquer, in our eyes we'll always be conquering savages.
>>
File: 3243232321.jpg (545 KB, 1000x1405) Image search: [Google]
3243232321.jpg
545 KB, 1000x1405
>>75312822
>>
>>75310663
>tiny island
Ireland is actually the 20th largest island on Earth. It's one of the bigger ones.
>>
>>75313787
>C Programming Language
>Useful for networks

But yeah, your post implies a good point, which is we can't say for definite who invented the Internet, since it uses loads of technology, ideas and innovations made by different countries, people and multi-national corporations. We do know, however, that niggers played no part in building it.
>>
>>75310831
kek
>>
>>75313626
>London is the world capital for money laundering
>Literally a Jewish concept
>Jew York is the actual beating heart of global capitalism

You couldn't even make it up.
>>
>>75313854
>At the point in time everyone was fighting for resources outside Europe.
>Fighting France and Spain over these resources.
>Britain comes on top in this conflict eventually.
>"muh only niggers and natives!"
>>
London and New York are the dual capitals of the earth you fucking memelord autists; one isn't more relevant than the other

Also they're both shit
>>
>>75312981
Yes, I understand that the US is essentially run by elites like George Soros. I dislike the government, but there is nothing I can do about it. The best I can hope for right now is Donald Trump to be elected; he is much less likely to shill out to the elite than Hillary, who I am sure is already a corporate slave.
>>
>>75311960
>we are still equal in power to America
Ahahahaha. The UK is hardly even a great power anymore let alone a superpower.

>it literally controlled the sea
No navy, not even one that had such a huge lead over its rivals like the Royal Navy did, ever had full control over the world's waters.
>>
>>75314212
If we applied that logic to Americans this argument would go a bit like this:

>America's is the world capital for Jewry
>Britain's really the most powerful nation
>No, Britain's the world capital for multiculturalism
>America's really the most powerful nation.
>Fuck you
>Fuck you
>>
>>75314360
New York isn't the capital of anything.
>>
>>75312822
>Americanization
Such as rap music, Will Smith, Vietnam War, Iraq War, Bush and Obama?
I spent most of my life in Asia and that's all we know about you.
America = lots of cool black people
Europe = fairy tales, kangs and queenz
>>
>>75313787
>Microprocessors, information theory, von Neumann architecture, the shitloads of work Bell Labs did (Unix, transistors

Microprocessors yes but the transistor came from Japan even though we give ourselves credit for it.
>>
>>75312987
kek
>>
>other European powers spent lots of time conquering each other
>Britain decided to conquer elsewhere
>Anglos now rule the world

Which one worked out in the end eh Pierre?
>>
>>75310663
They let the jews work without being killed. Which was something they didnt had in shitholes like Russia Empire, HRE or Spain.

Remember, the development of a country is closely related to how the goverment treat the jews
>>
File: 55323432.jpg (61 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
55323432.jpg
61 KB, 400x225
>tfw your country will never control the greatest empire in history.
>>
>>75314316
some of the weakest bait i've seen this month. 1/10

you realize that france funded the american revolutionary war with brittain, and france (and usa) won, right?

france also successfully colonized 1/7th of canada with quebec lol.
>>
File: image.png (521 KB, 1056x4624) Image search: [Google]
image.png
521 KB, 1056x4624
>>75313949

You aren't conquering anything, beady.
>>
>>75314450
Not even the capital of the state it resides in.
>>
>>75314367
Trump would reduce your military forcing it focus more on national security, instead of foreign affairs. Furthermore, Trump would focus on America being number one in soft power, which I'm sure he can do.

Overall, Trump is a very smart man and I'm sure he'll return America to its superpower status. After all, America has always been much better in soft power than brute force.

>>75314571
Thanks Schlomo, but you're wrong with your last paragraph. Jews, if given too much power, can destroy the nation since their loyalty does not align with the nation, but it's better to have them working than dying (they're smart lads).
>>
>>75311244
You only rule weak countries like Oman
>>
>>75314673
Who ended up with the bigger economy and largest amount of land? The empire backed down to focus on better things like the conflict with France and Spain and Canada.
>>
Tiny? We're the biggest island nation ever.
>>
>>75310663
Australia isnt tiny mate
>>
>>75314794
They don't even 'rule' it. They have influence there, that's all.

>>75314751
Traitor!
>>
>>75314172
Not saying it in itself is useful for networks, but UNIX is C based which automatically makes it the basic underlying language of the Internet. Most browsers and server software is written in C and most of whatever Tim Berners Lee touched or created was done using C. Not sure what language you think is more "useful for networks"

>>75314360
There are no capitals of the earth. New Yorkers and Londoners hyping up their cities is pure delusion. Both could get disappear tomorrow and the world would move on very quickly.
>>
>>75314824
>France and Spain and the control Canada
Fuck this man it's too late.
>>
>>75314951
>control of
Fuck this man!
>>
File: United States of Space.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
United States of Space.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
That's not the USA
>>
>>75314824
wat?

do you know that once upon a time france and england were buds and the kings fucked each others wives on the weekends?
>>
>>75314946
Right, I see what you mean.

Networking languages would be SQL or PHP, languages used to manage and create tables, databases, file systems, etc. for networks.
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 620x565) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 620x565
>>75314908
>>
File: 1543534.png (83 KB, 1055x839) Image search: [Google]
1543534.png
83 KB, 1055x839
>>75314751
Man I actually keked out loud at this shit
>>
>>75314789
Name one country that do not have jews in power that isnt a shithole.

It's simple, normal people isn't smart enough to rule themselves
>>
File: zimbabwe.jpg (236 KB, 1716x1134) Image search: [Google]
zimbabwe.jpg
236 KB, 1716x1134
>wool
>importing tea and other goods from India and China, who did all the hard work, and reselling them to make a profit
>picking on niggers in Africa who couldn't defend themselves
>being sneaky cunts and pitting warring Indian kingdoms against each other so they could take over, then proceeding to suck value out of India

And the greatest nation in history is the US btw.
>>
>>75310663

Ireland is everyone's favorite tribe
>>
>>75315053
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Spanish_War_(1796%E2%80%931808)
Sadly it wasn't all that good.
>>
>>75315127
> normal people isn't smart enough to rule themselves
I guess you're right Thiago
>>
>>75315028
what si this video from? it looks fun.
>>
>>75312822

yeah but we exist under British rule
>>
>>75314751
Ottomans are a good people though

They were great and not oogs booga tier
>>
>>75313641
We 'lost' the Vietnam War because of fucking marxists and kikes. Nixon had a peace deal that would have ended the conflict with democracy preserved in the South, but kikes brought Watergate to light to keep us in Vietnam. Here's an article that mentions it while comparing Trump to Nixon.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/05/21/trumps-mission-make-america-great-2/
>>
File: 1418697415272.png (747 KB, 1020x746) Image search: [Google]
1418697415272.png
747 KB, 1020x746
>>75315148
Tell if you had colonies and such, you wouldn't fuck with them like toys?
>>
>>75315127
Whites had wonderful civilisations before the 70's, when Jews really started to cling onto civilisation like a vampire. I guess, in American terms, the President which really fucked up with the Jewish question was Ford or Carter. Nixon was a true /pol/ack, so we know it was after him.
>>
>>75315148
>Never conquered shit.
>Vultured both world wars and then claimed credit for it.
>Consistently had its ass handed to it by small commie nations.
>Pretty much every group it supports betrays it.
Lad even the Dutch were more impressive than you.
>>
>>75314489
>the transistor came from Japan
[citation needed]

We didn't just give ourselves credit, the Nobel Prize in Physics was awarded to the Bell Labs scientists who discovered it.
>>
File: boobs.jpg (47 KB, 522x700) Image search: [Google]
boobs.jpg
47 KB, 522x700
>>75310747
Nope. Gunpowder and a strong navy.
>>
>>75310663

They found out the rest of the world was full of savages that could get wiped out easily.
>lets go over here
>its full of bush monkies
>what about over this way
>more bush monkies
>i bet its all bloody savages

It was...and for the most part, still is.
>>
File: US Navy Carrier Strike Group.jpg (1 MB, 3008x2000) Image search: [Google]
US Navy Carrier Strike Group.jpg
1 MB, 3008x2000
>mfw "Britannia rules the waves!"
>>
>>75314489
>the transistor came from Japan

Fuck off Chang/Miyamoto, Shockley invented the transistor.

All of Japan's pointless shitty inventions combined don't even compare.
>>
>>75315389
70s from XX century?
Well, most jews had large influence in most euro or euro based countries for a very long time.

See the bankers, who financed most expeditions to India, Africa, etc.
>>
>>75311342
Kek xD
>>
>>75310663
E. M. Cipolla, an Italian historian, taught me:
>cannons become essential
>most of them are built in bronze
>bronze is too fucking heavy
>Italians produce a lot of cheap artillery made of iron
>artillery is sold throughout Europe because muh cheapness
>it is mostly effective but breaks down a lot
>all countries go for their own iron reserves
>fucking French mines have iron, but it is full of phosphorous
>nobody knew at the time
>an English priest discovers the biggest British iron ore
>fucking luck: all the iron ore is not tainted by phosphorous as the French one
>nobody knew that at the time
>English iron appeared to be just too fucking damn good
>Swedish iron as well (but that's more of a 1600s story)

>yfw your cannons are cheap and don't break down after X shots.
>>
File: tizard mission.jpg (158 KB, 620x804) Image search: [Google]
tizard mission.jpg
158 KB, 620x804
Actually invented things while the 60% in America stole it all.
>>
>>75315339
I would try to keep them.
Uncle Adolf did a marvellous job.
Bankrupted the biggest empire in the world
>>
>>75315532
The conquest wasn't the great part of it, mainting their large empire was.

Conquest by conquest is easy, a bunch of horse Raiders savages from steppes created the greatest empire of.their time, but they couldnt sustain it
>>
>>75315682
No wonder Uncle Adolf's Panzers did a marvellous job with Swedish iron.
But why Pommy tanks sucked, I don't know.
>>
>>75314653
Did britards start calling their semen rations from America "tears" to make themselves feel better?
How cute.
>>
>>75315820
Ah... The kraut, the main reason we are in such a mess. Literally chimping out 2 times.
"Muh former greatness!"
>>
>>75316079
I know nippons are good at bantz, but 2/10 for effort.
>>
>>75310663
Majority of white people.
>>
Imagine what the British Empire would've looked like if they gave the American Colonists representation in parliament
>>
>>75316195
Lad, it's obviously just some assblasted clapistani in animeland.
>>
>>75316195
He's an American English teacher. I don't think Japs actually care about us or America.
>>
>>75311036
Last year? America has been dominating since 1945
>>
>>75313854
>rome
>italian flag
>>
>>75315068
>SQL
Not really a networking language either. In the OSI layer, TCP is the closest thing to a networking language and that was the offshoot of work by AMERICAN engineers Vint Cert and Bob Kahn.

SQL was developed by AMERICANengineers Donald Chamberlin and Raymond Boyce by the way. PHP was created by a Canadian/Dane.

The technologies that power the Internet are the result of collaboration from around the world, but if you really had to assign a flag to it, it would be the American flag. Not that it should surprise anyone as Americans still have authority over the domain name system.
>>
>>75310663
Western civilization had its "revolutions" in the right order. As in, agricultural first before economic and industrial. Then, Britain dominated western imperialism through its powerful navy.
>>
>>75316297
It was at it's height during 1945-1975, it's started to decline.
>>
>>75316107
First war was just inevitable

Your empire would never allow Germany become the sole power on mainland Europe.

Second war was trully chimpout though. Treaty of Versailles wasn't bad at all
>>
File: image.jpg (110 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110 KB, 640x960
I honestly think it may be a divine blessing by the Lord himself. A speck on the world map conquered a third of the worlds landmass, and none of you did anything about it for 400 years. Despite having mediocre resources, despite being isolated from the continent, against all odds a bunch of islanders rose up and forged a world empire.

Australia has endless supplies of coal and oil
USA has endless resources
We have fields and sheep.

Yet none of you did anything about it. Are you even trying? We're still a permanent member of the security council, whilst Germany isn't. We're still the fifth largest economy in the world, beating Brazil and Russia, country's hundreds of times our size.
>>
>>75311208
>You mean the one that produced liberalism that is toppling Europe now?
That was Marx, Russia and Germany you retarded, butthurt Slav rape child.
>>
File: 1460444503351.jpg (79 KB, 712x720) Image search: [Google]
1460444503351.jpg
79 KB, 712x720
>>75316224
You mean like every other European country?

Jesus, does every single Canadian post have to be retarded and contribute nothing to the discussion?
>>
>>75316052
What I'm talking is Modern Age.
Namely, 1400 to late 1700.

The tanks you are talking about are a late development, and it happened at a time when the chemistry of iron and steel was well known.

So by the time WW1 began, metallurgy was different and lack of chemicals in ore could be compensated by different metallurgic processes.

What I was talking was a period in which metallurgy was widespread, but some chemical aspects of the different ores were not completely well-known.
>>
>>75316404
We didn't try because we like you.

No reason to go to war with someone you like.
>>
>>75316360
You use it for databases, which is used for servers, which are a central component to networking systems.

Anyway, I would argue that the meat and bones of the internet was formed by British scientists, and the resources used to build that internet were American.
>>
File: 1440189672770.jpg (65 KB, 509x361) Image search: [Google]
1440189672770.jpg
65 KB, 509x361
>>75315245
I believe it is actual footage of the USA being awesome
>>
>>75316520
Are you salty autist or something?
>>
>>75310663
The USA is not considered an island
>>
>>75316017
they were fucking savage tribes and whenever a leader died all his conquests were divided among his 100 children who would spend their lives fighting each other to rebuild their father's empire then the same thing would repeat after their death
>>
The British should send their mudslimes to their antarctic territory 2bh

Gotta use the remaining empire for something
>>
In short.
The British isles were/are a shitty place to live. England had a fresh supply of willing colonist that would do anything to get out of the god forsaken place.
>>
>>75313854
So France didn't conquer nigger nations and savages like Central African Republic, Mali, Algeria?

Spain didn't conquer shitskins with spears like the Aztecs?

lol you dumb retarded nigger French are all the same.
>>
>>75310663
England had the advantage of superior Anglo genes.

It was an advantage that they have been denying themselves steadily for the last 100 years. The island was cucked out to a foreign royal family, used and abused for the globalist agenda in the 20th century and finally sold out to third worlders.

Is it any wonder that as the native English population has been further and further suppresed, Mother Englands fortunes have dwindled further and further?

Fortunately, Anglos have left their mark in more prosperous countries. England has lost her mantle as the white mans homeland, and for all their impurities America, Australia and New Zealand stand ready to be the shining lights of human achievement long after England has collapsed into a caliphate.
>>
>>75310663
It didn
>>
File: 1443036036380.png (121 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
1443036036380.png
121 KB, 399x388
>>75316830
>England has lost her mantle as the white mans homeland, and for all their impurities America, Australia and New Zealand stand ready to be the shining lights of human achievement long after England has collapsed into a caliphate.
>>
>>75310663

They happened to be on an island, which led to them focusing on building a navy, which is coincidentally what you need most to have a colonial empire. The British are probably the most inferior race in Europe, coming in behind even the Germans and the Romanians
>>
>>75316425
>liberalism
>Marx

Are you joking right?
>>
File: GlobalEnglishDomination.png (605 KB, 914x417) Image search: [Google]
GlobalEnglishDomination.png
605 KB, 914x417
>>75313787
>>75310663
The UK's success as the original global super power was a function of language.

People who speak English natively are wired differently. English is succinct and clear. This makes it perfectly suited for empire building, rock and roll, and computer science.
>>
>>75316567
Servers can use databases, sure, but databases aren't *required* for the internet so it cannot be the "language" of networking. And as I pointed out SQL is American, transistors and microprocessors are American, the basis of HTML (SGML) is American, ARPANet is American, the whole organization of top level domains is American, the basic programming language used to create the Internet is American.

Nothing "meat and bones" is British.
>>
>>75316756
Even if they had better secession laws, their vast empire was impossible to be ruled.

Even the russian tzars had problem with that.
>>
>>75316388
It's true that was our peak but we are still the most powerful economy in the world. China maybe nipping at our heels but they're just one huge bubble waiting to burst. Once trump gets in office with a republican controlled house and senate there's a good chance we could return to our former glory. The real question is what are the future plans for the UK because you guys haven't been looking so good lately
>>
>>75317121
Trump is meme.

Do not take him seriously, he'll not do something that the establishment do not want
>>
>>75317259
I know other countries don't want to believe in trump because they know deep down he will restore the US to its glory days. Especially a country like yours which is broke and on the verge of civil war
>>
>>75317121
>Most powerful economy
Having a big GDP doesn't mean you're the most powerful. If we've seen anything this past decade is that America has an unreliable economy; one only needs to look at your debt and dependency on the Middle East.

As for the UK, we're doing fine - we can obviously do better, but I think we're doing better than America economy-wise. We have good links with the world, and many nations trade well with us.

>>75317039
Right, when I said the resources used to build the internet, I meant the innovations that helped build it, but didn't necessarily become it: these resources are the programming languages.
Yes, ARPANET is American, but the idea of packet-switching, which is central to ARPANET, and the WWW itself is British. Now, we can argue a long time about this and we can come to no conclusion, or we can agree that these views are both right since discussing who invented what is superficial and futile.
>>
>>75316388
>at it's height during 1945-1975

Wishful thinking. The US became the top power before 1945 and was one of the only superpowers, along with the USSR, until the fall of the USSR. And as the leader of the globe's most powerful military alliance, NATO, we're still in good shape.

>>75316945
Interesting thesis, I don't know if I agree. Germans could claim the same, especially considering the fact that English is primarily Germanic.
>>
>>75316945
I was thinking about this earlier on are the people naturaly smarter because the language is so complex. People have to be pretty switched on just to have a conversation.
>>
>>75316720
What does "autist" mean in this context?
I just made sure you knew what historical period I was referring to.

Your previous message sounded like you were arguing against me.

If it was sarcastic, I am afraid to inform you I didn't understand it not because I am autistic, but because it was just bad sarcasm.
>>
>>75317742
UK and France were big powers, but declining powers, before WWII. You've got to remember we still had our empire then.

WWII left us with the US and the USSR as the only powers.

NATO doesn't really do much other than act as a placebo effect that Putin laughs at whilst taking Crimea.
>>
>>75317620
Are you serious or just trolling? America is doing fine with its allies and have many trade partners too. We just also have the GDP to go with it. If you don't think America has not only the strongest economy but cultural influence in the world than who does?
>>
>>75317620
"Starting in the late 1950s, American computer scientist Paul Baran developed the concept Distributed Adaptive Message Block Switching with the goal to provide a fault-tolerant, efficient routing method for telecommunication messages as part of a research program at the RAND Corporation, funded by the US Department of Defense."

It was developed by an American first. A British guy might have popularized it but the inventor was American. Just like how Brit Tim Berners Lee popularized markup language which was an offshoot of AMERICAN work.

But there's no real argument. If you look at the ingredients required for the Internet, most are American but there are also some important British ones.
>>
File: 1405564484494.png (61 KB, 212x218) Image search: [Google]
1405564484494.png
61 KB, 212x218
>>75315302
this post gave me cancer
>>
>>75310663
Being on an island essentially forced them to adopt nationalism. That's why they have only been declining since the advent of technology/transportation
>>
>>75317900
>WWII left us with the US and the USSR as the only powers.

The UK was a power after WWII, but NOT EVEN CLOSE to par with the US and USSR.
>>
>>75311036
if life was a game of civ, the us won every victory type (influential culture, world domination, spaceships, and influential domination) ten times over before anyone came close.
>>
>>75317900
Also, NATO is what stopped the USSR from curbstomping you ungrateful Western Europeans. Not that I would have wished that fate even on a wannabe player like the UK.

Putin is welcome to invade a NATO country though and get his shit pushed in. Maybe that's why he avoid it.
>>
File: inshallah 3.jpg (18 KB, 530x298) Image search: [Google]
inshallah 3.jpg
18 KB, 530x298
Not for very long
>>
>>75317742
The Germans can claim any throne involving complexity and rules that can't be violated. English is the opposite of that.

Can you imagine choosing between "der", "die", and "das" each time you need to use a variable in German Javascript?

On the other hand, German (along with English) is one of the classic languages of modern science.
>>
>>75317774
But speaking English isn't complex if it's your native language. I speak Danish and German, for example, but I struggle. I deconstruct sentences in English and then re-assemble them in Dansk oder Deutsch.
>>
>>75315302
>using brazil as a proxy
You at least get some points for originality, roach.
>>
>>75310822
And we are white, like every great nation.
>>
>>75318965
English is quite complex being a Germanic language with a lot of Norman influence on top of the indigenous languages.
>>
File: 1405178235863.jpg (21 KB, 198x223) Image search: [Google]
1405178235863.jpg
21 KB, 198x223
>>75320056
>english
pretty pleb tier language breh
>>
>>75311036
The United States empire is the entire planet. Everything Britain did the US is doing it but much better.

And if your argument is about taking credit for doing it first and creating something no other people had done before, then Greece and
Rome deserve much more credit for creating civilisation and empires without any proper examples before them

Britain was great but there were better before them and after
>>
>>75320056
English only has two verb tenses
>>
>>75320718

>1776 bottles of maple syrup has been sent to your home. So has a large share of a hockey team
>>
>>75313829
>forgetting his own country is a product of empire
>>
>>75310663
That's depends on what your definition of great and nation are.
>>
>>75320951
bait.jpg

>>75320302
maybe, but no one on this board gives a shit about yours
>>
>>75310663
Gibralter
>>
>>75310876
No but we are
>>
>>75310663
Rome is on a peninsula you retarded leaf, not an island.
>>
>>75310663
I appreciate that.
>>
>>75313225
Not entirely true.

Seafaring knowledge was really inherited from the Danes.
Warfare from war.
The Naval capacity at Spain's height was actually greater than that of UK's.

UK just played dirty with dreadnoughts and privateers. Kek.
>>
>>75312671
Kill yourself
Romans won against the cream of the civilizations and spread the roman right to every corner of the old known world
Britain conquered ooga booga nations ,inhabitated lands or deserts or subhumans
>>
>>75310663
>not relying on conscripts like the rest of Europe
>treating our colonies well

That's it really
>>
>>75323250
That's because we didn't retain control of all the European nations we defeated as our mission was to spread civilisation, you had already done that when Europe was full of "bar bar" tribes
>>
File: England Eternal.jpg (212 KB, 837x791) Image search: [Google]
England Eternal.jpg
212 KB, 837x791
>>75310663
Contribution to Humanity Top 3, in order
>Roman
>British
>French

America has done nothing but spread Consumerism, Neo Liberalism and Kikery
>>
>>75323428
Roamns won with swords and shields against people with swods and shields, you were forced to use cannons against ooga boogas.
>>
>>75311208
Poland...you are worthless. You had one good run in Vienna against the roaches but thats it.
>>
All these retards saying it's because an island are retarded. It's because we didn't stop expanding, we marched in all directions and we had the balls to go where people told us not to. The pay off was immense.

When day we will rule the seas again and shit all over everyone. Till that day, I hope you choke on a thousand nigger dicks, because either we are in charge or they are. Enjoy.
>>
>>75323916
Did Napoleon have ooga boogas?

Tell me the story of you flag Cuckanoli
>>
>>75310663

>in the middle of nowhere
Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.