[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does real estate work in a place like Japan?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 1458189607580.jpg (434 KB, 599x638) Image search: [Google]
1458189607580.jpg
434 KB, 599x638
I mean, I assume there is literally no place on the island where new developments/houses can be built so like... how does that work? Do old apartment buildings or whatever get torn down and built from the ground up? Do families live inter-generationally?

Someone explain plox.

PS What do nips think about Trump as a whole?
>>
>>75310195
Buy house, fix house, sell house
>>
An enormous part of the country is empty forests and shit, plus a ton of rural farmland.
There's a lot of room to develop, it's just that their population is concentrated on a handful of cities which just build up instead of out.
>>
>>75310498
My understanding was that a lot of forestation and stuff was left alone because of how mountainous a large portion of the island is.
>>
>>75310610
There's a lot of mountains, but a good portion of it isn't so bad that it can't be worked with. There's just no need to develop places that are considered the boonies. They're usually far (by Japan standards) from major cities and ports, so even if you develop a village into a city, you'll just have a city in the middle of nowhere that no one wants to move to.
>>
It's because Asians are like ants and like to live in a hive (city) with the colony (all the chinaman)
>>
>>75310610
This.

>>75310498
They definitely build out. Tokyo has like 15 boroughs to New York's 5.
>>
>>75311514
Yeah Tokyo doesn't really have high rises, it's all mid rises spread out like crazy they get too many earthquakes to build too tall
>>
File: Tokyo_780x520px.jpg (647 KB, 780x520) Image search: [Google]
Tokyo_780x520px.jpg
647 KB, 780x520
>>75311668
tokyo is pretty comfy desu
>>
>>75312033
I absolutely despite modern architecture, I hate it so much that if I were ever dictator every single piece of modern architecture in Canada would be demolished, but for some reason it works in Tokyo.
>>
>>75312033
You mean a e s t h e t i c.
>>
>>75312156
This.
>>
>>75312156
probably because tokyo is fucking gigantic
I'm assuming to drive from one side to the other it'd take a good hour or two
most north american cities are relatively small
>>
>>75312371
Tokyo is 800 square miles
Sydney is 4000 square miles.
It's actually crazy how widely spread Australian cities are for some reason
>>
>>75312691
>country is literally 90% arid desert
why not build out sprawl?
>>
>>75310195

>be japanese gangster
>buy land
>sell land for more

Those are basically the rules there
>>
>>75312817
This is interesting,
Toronto has a density of 10 thousand people per square mile
Tokyo 16 thousand per square mile
Sydney just 1 thousand.
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 457x322) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 457x322
Japan had a huge land-price spike in the late-80s and early 90s, much like the US real-estate bubble only worse. People were using houses and land as collateral to borrow and buy land, etc. At the top, the land under the imperial palace in Tokyo was technically worth more than the entire nation of Canada.

People were taking out 100-year "multigenerational mortgages" (where their children would be on the hook to pay) for apartments the size of walk-in closets.

Then the bubble popped and there have been 25 years of stagnation.
>>
>>75311122
This is the correct answer. The good jobs are concentrated in major cities. I live in a rural city and nobody wants to build any chain retailers here because all the young people move to a major city once there of age and most of the people here are self-sustaining farmers. There are no grocery markets that have a consistent stock of quality items and every store is a mom and pop managed business.

If no one wants to live here then no one wants to build their businesses here.
>>
>>75313624
It's funny how whites love living away from cities but in Asia it's the opposite, do you have a country culture there like we do?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.