[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Student Barred From Receiving Diploma Because Of Beard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
This is a public school, how can they demand a student shave his beard, especially when he and several other students had beards for the entire school year?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/05/20/graduating-student-year-barred-from-receiving-diploma-because-beard.html
May 20, 2016

Graduating 'Student of the Year' barred from receiving diploma because of beard

The “Student of the Year” at a Louisiana High School was not allowed to get his diploma at the graduation this week after running afoul of the district’s policy against student facial hair.

Senior Andrew Jones wore a beard all year at Amite High School and it never stopped him from earning As in all his classes, excelling in sports, or being awarded a college scholarship, Fox 8 New Orleans reports.

The commencement was Wednesday night and when Jones arrived beforehand he was stunned to learn that he wouldn’t be allowed to go up on the stage with the beard, according to the station.

The Tangipahoa Parish School System has a policy ban on facial hair on students, according to the station.

Jones and other graduating seniors with facial hair were given an ultimatum: if they didn't shave, they couldn't receive their diplomas up on the stage, the station reported.

cont.
>>
>>75292191

Jones shaved the hair covering his cheeks but refused to shave his goatee. He had to turn in his cap and gown, Fox 8 reported.

“I feel they should have let me march,” Jones told the station. “The hair on my face has nothing to do with school. I wasn’t distracting anybody.”

WWL-TV reported that 13 in Jones' class agreed to shave. He was the only one who refused.

“What was the real issue that he couldn’t walk with his class?” his aunt Sabrine Davis wanted to know. “He was top of his class, you know. That moment was the most important of his life.”

Tangipahoa Superintendent Mark Kolwe told WWL that Amite's principal had gone up to Jones to ask him to shave.
He defended the policy but said he would make sure administrators know that it has to be enforced starting on the first day of school.

FIN
>>
>>75292302
>“He was top of his class, you know. That moment was the most important of his life.”

HE WAS A GOOD BOY DINDU NUFFIN WENT TO CHURCH

every fucking time
>>
Fucking stupid his facial hair isn't even obnoxious just let him walk and move on.
>>
>>75293457
Its not like he wont graduate, schools are about class you nitwit look presentable and decent or fuck off.
>>
>>75293188
Are you implying he DIDU SUMFFIN because he has a beard?
>>
>>75293538
>Makes straight A'S
>He is classless fuck off
Nigger are you kidding me?
>>
>>75293188

I ain't no fan of niggers but the Dindu Nuffin doesn't seem to apply to this guy;

"earning As in all his classes, excelling in sports, or being awarded a college scholarship"
>>
>>75293538
>schools are about class you nitwit look presentable and decent or fuck off.

"Andrew Jones wore a beard all year at Amite High School"

Are we back in the 1950s? Are they going to ban bluejeans next?
>>
Fuck not getting a diploma on stage, having an article that makes your school superintendent and your principal look like a pair of petty cunts and talks about how great you are lasts longer then any boring ass ceremony.
>>
>>75293457
Schools start stupid slapfights with kids all the time bro. My HS was constantly out to get this one friend of mine, he was the same kind of kid (great student but sort of a pain in the ass) it happens.
>>
>>75293538
>beard
>unpresentable
You fuckin ladyboy
>>
>>75292191
It is more polite than saying that they barred him from receiving his diploma because nigger.
>>
File: 1464192355365.png (34 KB, 675x694) Image search: [Google]
1464192355365.png
34 KB, 675x694
>>75292191
>>75293457
>>75293538
>>75293638
>>75293880

Any one of you wanna bet he was banging the School-Super's daughter the whole year and the Cuckatoo got his last laugh the last official day of School?
>>
Pretty sure if you become aware of certain circumstances of legal importance the clock starts ticking. If the school chose to ignore their facial hair ban rules on over a dozen students for the whole fucking year they can't just start enforcing the rule on graduation day.
>>
>>75294213
Every school in OKC has banned blue jeans. Every school here wears uniforms
>>
>>75297042
>Every school in OKC has banned blue jeans. Every school here wears uniforms

That's a different situation and I'm fine with clear rules being followed from the start but he and several other students had beards all year long and the school didn't have a problem with it, then literally on graduation day, they out-of-the-blue demand he shave it off.

It's stupid shit like this that ends up costing the tax payers money, while the principle / school board suffer no consequences for their stupid and needless actions.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.