[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Τριῶν τούτων ἕνεkα χάριν ἔχειν τῇ
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Monk_Joseph_planes.jpg (50 KB, 600x327) Image search: [Google]
Monk_Joseph_planes.jpg
50 KB, 600x327
Τριῶν τούτων ἕνεkα χάριν ἔχειν τῇ Τύχῃ· πρῶτον μὲν ὅτι ἄνθρωπος ἐγενόμην kαὶ οὐ θηρίον, εἶτα ὅτι ἀνὴρ kαὶ οὐ γυνή, τρίτον ὅτι Ἕλλην kαὶ οὐ βάρβαρος

I feel ashamed for the fact that Greece has become the world's laughing stock, but my pride for this nation is a feeling of warmth I can't shake off my chest.

How do you feel about your country? What is your pride a consequence of? History? Politics? Economy? Would you ever leave it? Are you ever afraid your children are not going to feel the way you feel?
>>
You guys need to shake loose the chains of the EUSSR and reclaim the position of being historical badasses.
>>
>>75267702
Why would have pride for a place you have randomly born in it, did you make any contribution to your society to be proud? I for one take no responsibility for the good or the bad deeds my country has done, I have nothing to do with it.
>>
Only frustration at such a natural resources powerhouse being wasted like this

It's hard to be patriotic when your politicians and your fellow Brazilians only fuck with you
>>
>>75267702
We're really one in the same m8. One day we too will have to PAY DENBTS
>>
>>75268363
This is an extremely good point. I don't think you're necessarily wrong, and yet national pride is a consistent value throughout history that motivates people to do all sorts of things. It's a bit unfair, considering you don't "choose" what you're born as.

Incidentally, this is exactly what the quote I cited says.
>Τριῶν τούτων ἕνεkα χάριν ἔχειν τῇ Τύχῃ· πρῶτον μὲν ὅτι ἄνθρωπος ἐγενόμην kαὶ οὐ θηρίον, εἶτα ὅτι ἀνὴρ kαὶ οὐ γυνή, τρίτον ὅτι Ἕλλην kαὶ οὐ βάρβαρος
>I owe Luck a favour for three things; first, that I was born human and not a beast, then that I was born man and not woman, third that I was born Greek and not barbarian

Perhaps the lack of history's burden is a different benefit for a country. America's greatness is directly tied to its being a new nation under no obligation to history.

>>75268789
Also extremely interesting. Brazil is also a new nation that didn't quite succeed in the same way USA did. I really hope you guys can improve in the future.
>>
>>75269540
Yes in some occasions national pride is a good motivation, however it can also lead to destruction.
Japan and Germany had a strong national pride, but look what they got in the end.
>>
>>75267977
>implying Greece hasn't been irrelevant for the last 2000 years
>>
>>75270408
Well, we had our moments of relevance during ww2.

And we do now, the economy. It's a negative thing but relevance none the less.
>>
>>75267702
Greece is shit sorry m8
If I were Greek I'd an hero
>>
>dying country
>pride

At least you feel good about living in shit :)

Britain, you're up next.
>>
>>75270889
I'd probably feel good to be Austrian, because contemporary circumstances are nice. However, I do wonder what lacking that rich feeling of pride might be like.
>>
>>75267702
greece has al lot of potential but you must learn how to manage it.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.