[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The fourth amendment only applies to government agents. So what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: thefourthamendment.jpg (106 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
thefourthamendment.jpg
106 KB, 1280x720
The fourth amendment only applies to government agents.

So what stops me, a private citizen, from getting up in your business? If you're shopping for groceries what would stop me from coming up and pawing through your shopping bag? If you're a girl or have a woman in your life what would stop me from looking through your/her purse?

The next girl I see who sets her purse somewhere why can't I walk up and start looking through it? I don't work for the government. There is no fourth amendment protection involved.
>>
>>75234723

the second amendment
>>
>>75234815

I didn't say steal.

I meant searching.

Why can't I search people's shit as a private citizen? Obviously I can't trespass into their home or vehicle, as there are laws specifically covering that.

But why can't I randomly start looking through backpacks and purses if I feel like it? The fourth amendment doesn't count private citizens.
>>
>>75234909
Real life is not skyrim. Just because there are not laws does not mean there aren't social reprecussions.
>>
File: 1405561563149.jpg (22 KB, 218x265) Image search: [Google]
1405561563149.jpg
22 KB, 218x265
>>75235377
>Real life is not skyrim
>>
>>75234723
>What is states and state laws
>>
>>75234723
You are government property dummy.

It applies to you
>>
>>75234723
There's no amendment for it, but there are laws. There is nothing explicitly banning murder in the constitution, but it's still illegal.
>>
>>75235619
>>75235532

What law says that I can't go up and start looking through someone's backpack/purse?

As long as I don't touch the person or detain them against their will I don't think that it breaks any laws, besides maybe some catch-all law like "disturbing the peace".
>>
>>75235483
Came back from 6 months of jail, the bucket trick doesn't work
>>
>>75234909
The constitution does not grant rights, it only sets limits to what the government can do.

No one has a right to do anything with someone else's property. This is natural law. To do so would be a trespass.
>>
>>75235377
It's time for another game of Spot the Millennial

Wow, that was over fast
>>
>>75234815
fpbp
>>
>>75234723
Yeah, you could open a woman's purse and rummage through it. The only problem is that to literally anyone who's onlooking it will seem like attempted thievery.
>>
>>75234723
>>75234909

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battery_(tort)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trespass_to_chattels
But by all means, test your theory in the real world, let us know how it works out.
>>
>>75235613
"Government property" holy shit Australia
>>
>>75234909
Still the Second Amendment.

>Do you want to get shot? Because that's how you get shot.
>>
>>75234909
If you touch another person's belongings without their permission they may well think you are attempting to steal their belongings and, depending on the state, would be well within their rights to pull a gun on you.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.