[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In your heart, you know the sign is right.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 14
In your heart, you know the sign is right.
>>
>>75231481
gee wiz. Feed some lazy nigger or protect our long term international interests..... Hmmmm
>>
>>75231538

Invading Iraq was worth it, was it?
>>
>>75231481
I used to. Then I realized handing things out isn't good for anyone.

However I am rather upset that we can fund wars and not space programs.
>>
>>75231481
The US hasn't paid for a war since Vietnam.

When your great grandkids are born be sure to remind them how much you hate them
>>
>>75231481

MAKES
>>
>>75231582

>all those dead sandpeople

Kind of worth it senpai
>>
>>75231686

YOU
>>
>>75231709

THINK
>>
Not our job to feed the poor. They should have paid attention in school. Serves the dumb fucks right
>>
File: 1457577024039.jpg (31 KB, 505x431) Image search: [Google]
1457577024039.jpg
31 KB, 505x431
No one, and I would like to emphasize this, no one in The United States is starving. You have to be a massive retard no to be able to get food. We have food stamps, social security for the crazy people, if you are super hard up and cannot figure out food stamps or social security, you can go to a church or dumpster dive outside supermarkets and restaurants. I have never seen a starving homeless person, but I've seen lots that are fat.
>>
>>75231921
>christian nation
>not our job to feed the poor
ok buddy.
>>
>>75231481
LOL GIB ME DATS CAN STARVE TO DEATH
>>
>>75231481
In Australia we feed the poor already so...
>>
>>75232370
they just don't know how to budget and prioritise their needs
>>
>>75231481

Join the fucking military you scrub, then you wouldn't be poor cause you'd get a wage, and free food and housing.
>>
The sign is 100% correct, we CAN'T feed the poor.

Like other anons have said, if you're so stupid that you starve to death in America you are hopeless.

It's like how we keep throwing food at Africa. All it's doing is artificially inflating their population. They can't support it without more gibs being pumped in, and it inevitably ends in a ton of them killing each other.
>>
>>75231742
DOESN'T
>>
>>75232374
> he thinks everyone in America is Christian
>>
>>75232582

It's almost impossible to starve to death in america, the absolute WORST case scenario a hospital HAS to take you in whether you have health care or not and can't pay the bill.
>>
The military is there to protect the productive members of society from foreign aggression.
The poor can go fuck themselves.
The poor are poor because they choose to be poor.
No amount of financial help can keep them up.
They'll just piss them off to fuel their addiction.
I might protect them from getting hurt by others but I can't keep them from hurting themselves.
>>
>>75232635
>he thinks non christians in america matter.
>>
File: Iraq war jews redpill.png (499 KB, 865x8453) Image search: [Google]
Iraq war jews redpill.png
499 KB, 865x8453
>>75231481
>>75231582

In your heart, you know /pol/ is right.
>>
>>75231481
you try and give a sandwhich and not money to a homeless person.
>>
>>75231481
And what of it?
>>
>we're borrowing money from China to go to war
>we can afford to feed the poor
Pick one
>>
>>75231481
It is correct, but what is that strange symbol in the bottom-right corner? It appears to be a question mark, but that makes no sense in-context.
>>
>>75231481
you can do both desu
poor people can join the military = no longer poor
wow its almost like people have an easy way out of poverty but are too lazy to take it
>>
File: 1438224093961.png (386 KB, 402x617) Image search: [Google]
1438224093961.png
386 KB, 402x617
>>75231481
niggers will complain regardless of what you spend money on, as long as that money isn't being spent on gibs me dats
>>
>>75231684
The US people have indeed paid. We paid partly through inflation, as the central bank jews print more money to finance their war.
>>
>>75232836
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gwKKT3XFJ0
>>
>>75231481
really makes you think
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-26-23-13-43.png (437 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-26-23-13-43.png
437 KB, 720x1280
Well memed faggetti
>>
>>75232635
Christians will feed you regardless, just like the Sikhs
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goh2x_G0ct4

>yo cracka y u finna go up in space when i cant even feed mah keedz
>>
>>75232918
kek. Saved.
>>
>>75231582

it was worth it to show a dozen islamist dictators what can happen when they misbehave and talk shit

yes, it was worth it and it saved millions of lives
>>
>>75232918
Don't black women have both the highest welfare consumption and obesity rate in the United States?
>>
>>75231481
we cant feed the poor and yet we have money to feed 3rd wirld countries and money to feed and shelter "refugees"?

op btfo

completely btfo!!' i bet you faggot are a hateful liberal berniefag
>>
>>75231481
These poor people can join the military if they don't have any food.
>>
>>75232583

IT
>>
>>75231481
entitlement spending has driven poor people in other countries to try to come to places with a welfare state

discussion over. unless you also dont support mexican illegals/refugees/african migrants we have nothing further to discuss. the money will re-allocated to other things until you learn that its 1 or the other
>>
File: 1452642756531.jpg (288 KB, 534x700) Image search: [Google]
1452642756531.jpg
288 KB, 534x700
>>75231481
>cleaning the world of ragheads
>Australia complains

exactly what I'd expect, but it's a thankless job
>>
>>75231481
>feeding the poor
>funding a war

Only one of these powers is given to the government by the constitution.
>>
>>75231481
If the poor went to war they could at least have something to fight for and food.
>>
>>75231481
>implying wars arent meant to keep the poor and the hungry people s numbers in check
If they didnt breed so much maiby they wouldnt be so hungry
>>
>>75232884
>says shes hungry
>fat as fuck
Yeah,neah
>>
>>75231481
No I don't. Honestly, I just don't feel as though feeding the poor is the government's responsibility and I certainly don't want to pay higher taxes to feed them. That said, I'm also not a fan of war (particularly Iraq and Afghanistan, we should just drone terrorists into the ground). I'm also not a fan of authoritarian measures the government has taken like the war on drugs, restrictions on free speech/privacy, restrictions on things like prostitution, gay marriage (finally gone, now), etc.
>>
>>75233387
A healthy people make a healthy nation. Your lolberg ideals do not work in a nation full of shitty people.
>>
>>75233298
Haha. Though, to be honest, poor people are likely to be overweight because the only food they can afford is low quality, unhealthy food like McDonalds.
>>
>>75233074
>it was worth it to show a dozen islamist dictators what can happen when they misbehave and talk shit

so what happens is that after 10 years of fighting, the war highlighted to islamic dictators that the populations of western democracies are inherently antiwar and will do everything they can to stop a war hence rendering any future war effort or war threat to be teethless?

okay.

>yes, it was worth it and saved millions of lives
source

keep in mind we lost only lost well under 10,000 troops and it is clear that 10,000 troops was a far greater price than western populations were willing to pay.

If you are going to shit post, at least be clever about it you absolute mong. Anyone who uniroincally think that the Iraq-Afghanistan war had any positives is absolutely retarded.
>>
>>75233468
The vast majority of the people will be healthy even if the government doesn't feed them.
>>
>>75233074
>put in puppet dictators in a grab for regional control
>kill said dictators because their dick got too big
>massive power vacuum and general instability over several countries
>back to square fucking one

I wish we weren't so fucking dependent on their oil, I want those filthy sandniggers to wipe each other out
>>
>>75233533
I'm talking about legalizing drugs (unless you're just talking about dudeweedlmao) and prostitution, which just leads to more degenerate and useless underclass instead of a semi-productive underclass.
>>
>>75231481
A war has an eventual end, no matter how distant and how futile it may seem. Hungry people do not stop.
>>
>>75231481
Conscript the poor.

They'll get fed and the war will be cheaper.
>>
>>75232374
> christian nation

There's your problem, we're a secular nation. The largest religion may be christianity, but there is no government religion per the 1st amendment.

>>75233615
> I'm talking about legalizing drugs

Oh, then you're really uninformed. Drugs are dangerous because of prohibition. Even hard drugs like heroin would not be dangerous with prohibition. You'd get known purity heroin (so you won't OD), clean needles and (in the cases of heroin clinics) a sterile environment with a professional administering the drug, and cheaper heroin so people won't need to turn to crime to feed their addiction (even though the vast majority of heroin users are not poor, they work white collar jobs and just keep their addiction hidden). Not to mention, without prohibition, we wouldn't be subsidizing organized crime. Without prohibition, almost every drug would be less dangerous than alcohol. The government needs to recognize that intoxication is a basic human drive and no amount of legislature will stop drug use. Because of this, we need to eliminate policies that make drug use more dangerous and feed organized crime.

> which just leads to more degenerate and useless underclass instead of a semi-productive underclass.

False. Legalizing prostitution would not cause more people to do it, it will just make it safer for those that do (plus save a lot of money we are spending to enforce these stupid laws). It's the same way that abortion works.

You may think, things are degenerate, but honestly, what other people do in private is none of your business.
>>
>>75233471
living off of mcdonalds is more expensive than buying bags of rice and beans

t. poorfag
>>
>>75231613
This
Fuck the poor, and fuck the sandniggers too. I want a space elevator.
>>
>>75231481
the poor should feed themselves, stop relying on other people to help you and all you do is make more ugly brown degenerate shitstain children.
>>
>>75234072
I never said they make smart decisions, I'm just telling you how many poor (particularly urban poor) do it.
>>
>>75231481
move to Mexico and get a fucking job...
>>
>>75234225
>the only food they can afford is low quality unhealthy food like mcdonalds

I just corrected you there and I think you agree. It is not that their options are limited, it is that they are stupid. It's better not to pretend that it's for any other reason.
>>
>>75231481
our poor aren't missing any meals.

hobos are obese even.
>>
>>75234069
That was a whole lot of bullshit that I guarantee you have nothing to back up with.

1. You're absolutely insane if you think the legalization of drugs will eliminate a black market from existing, in some cases the black market is made worse because of increased demand due to new people trying the drug and getting hooked on it.

2. Intoxication is not a basic human drive, you are a drug addict and you need to own up to that as a problem. Yes, it does limit your productivity.

3. Legalizing prostitution absolutely WOULD cause more people to do it, and declaring otherwise is insane.

4. What people do in private is none of my business, but that does not mean I don't want a healthy, functional, and productive nation, something that is dependent on the quality of the people in that nation.
>>
>>75233076
Yes
>>
>>75234308
Fair enough.
>>
>>75234479
>. You're absolutely insane if you think the legalization of drugs will eliminate a black market from existing, in some cases the black market is made worse because of increased demand due to new people trying the drug and getting hooked on it.
you mean like that rampant alcohol black market we have?
>>
>>75234534
cheers fellow burger
>>
File: 440socksvideogame.png (167 KB, 440x280) Image search: [Google]
440socksvideogame.png
167 KB, 440x280
War costs a lot of money. How are we supposed to help the poor if war is expensive? Should war be cheaper?

What exactly are you asking, OP?
>>
>>75234544
Alcohol is mass produced in factories and sold at the cheapest possible price by international corporations. That may happen with things like heroin, crack, meth, but it will take a long time and result in a lot of useless drugged out retards along the way.

And that guy was massively exaggerating when he said that pure heroine isn't bad. It's still incredibly addictive and completely pacifies its users. Producers of the drug would also have an incentive to make it even more addictive.
>>
>>75234479
> You're absolutely insane if you think the legalization of drugs will eliminate a black market from existing

It didn't exist before prohibition. Not to mention that the illegal sale of these drugs has legal risk meaning they will be more expensive, plus lower quality. Why would anyone buy illegally? Unless the government taxes drugs so high that the black market becomes feasible, this will not happen.

> in some cases the black market is made worse because of increased demand due to new people trying the drug and getting hooked on it.

People who use drugs are self medicating. The kind of person who gets addicted to heroin is the exact kind of person who would seek out, try, and then become addicted to heroin regardless of it's legal status. The meme of someone with no other issues trying heroin and becoming hooked is flat out not true. Not to mention, as I stated before there would be no black market.

> Intoxication is not a basic human drive, you are a drug addict and you need to own up to that as a problem. Yes, it does limit your productivity.

Yes it is. Why would almost every culture (perhaps every culture) use some form of drug socially. Whether alcohol or opium, most everyone does it sometimes. Also, I'm not a drug addict. I'm going to need to get a security clearance at some point, so having not used drugs is a must.

> Legalizing prostitution absolutely WOULD cause more people to do it, and declaring otherwise is insane.

Source?

> but that does not mean I don't want a healthy, functional, and productive nation

You could have that with or without drug use. The fact of the matter is that the people who would regularly use drugs to impair themselves if the drugs were legal are also doing them now. We might as well eliminate policies that are 1) expensive, 2) make drug use dangerous, 3) encroach on civil liberties, and 4) create a less productive society (good luck getting a job after going to prison once for simple possession).
>>
>>75234814
not my problem. they shouldnt be wasting my money on this bullshit.
>>
>>75231481
I bet you that person doesn't go out and help the poor on their own.
>>
>>75232374
Tell that to Obama buddy.
>>
>>75235001
What people do in private is none of my business, but that does not mean I don't want a healthy, functional, and productive nation, something that is dependent on the quality of the people in that nation.

>>75234969
One sec, let me type something up.
>>
File: 1463246517603.jpg (1 MB, 1035x1035) Image search: [Google]
1463246517603.jpg
1 MB, 1035x1035
>>75231481
America being unable to feed its poor is only a meme
prove me wrong
>>
>>75234479
I forgot to mention, legalizing drugs will result in less people using them. There will be a slight bump in initial use rates, but a long term fall below where the rates are under prohibition. Just look at what happened with Portugal since decriminalizing drugs in 2001. Drug use, addiction, and drug related deaths have all decreased since decriminalization in Portugal. Face it, you're wrong. It may sound unintuitive, but that doesn't make it any less true.

https://mic.com/articles/110344/14-years-after-portugal-decriminalized-all-drugs-here-s-what-s-happening#.rhwoZUiMA
>>
File: 1464128244752.gif (4 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1464128244752.gif
4 MB, 500x281
>>75231481
We can and do feed the poor. We can and do provide anyone who wants one with an education. We can and do provide the needy with healthcare. These things are all mandated by law and the laws are airtight--and the funding far exceeds our military spending.

Anyone who starves in America does so of their own volition.
>>
>>75235141
making this shit illegal isnt helping your cause, it's fucking it up.
>>
>>75235188
When I didn't qualify for food stamps, I could still get food pantry boxes every week for free. Easily 25lbs of cans, pasta and bread. I was eating better than I am now that I buy my own groceries again.
>>
>>75234631
Right back at you bud.

>>75234814
> It's still incredibly addictive and completely pacifies its users.

Which hurts you how? Neither of those are health effects. Should things like SSRIs not be legal because they are also addictive? In heroin clinics the biggest health impact associated with heroin is constipation.

> Producers of the drug would also have an incentive to make it even more addictive.

As someone who studied drug chemistry in college, how exactly would a manufacturer make heroin more addictive? Also, why aren't organized crime groups doing that now?
>>
>>75235141
>What people do in private is none of my business, but that does not mean I don't want a healthy, functional, and productive nation, something that is dependent on the quality of the people in that nation.

Which would be accomplished by legalizing drugs. I've given you a case study in Portugal. By opposing an end of prohibition you are working against your goals and the interest of this country.
>>
>>75234969
>It didn't exist before prohibition
Of course literal black markets don't exist in a scenario where a good is legal to sell. But when for example, we legalize heroin but demand that it be made in the most expensive manner, we create a market for cheaply made heroin to be sold to those that can't afford the good stuff (read: everyone that does heroin).

>people who use drugs are self medicating
And I'd much rather them not have the option of self-medicating with something like heroin. The meme of someone trying an addictive substance and getting addicted is not true? Again, you can not support any of these things you're saying, nobody could possibly make that argument.

>Yes it is
Okay, well here we go delving into philosophical nonsense, because if you want to say that something should not be restricted due to it being a basic human drive, then should we legalize murder as well? People want to kill each other, it's a basic human drive, but we've created consequences make it undesirable because we know that if people are allowed to act on this basic human drive it will lower the productivity of the nation.

>Source?
This is a pretty simple logical concept.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2013/06/15/legal-prostitution-and-sex-trafficking-from-the-annals-of-bad-economic-research/#41c1c4055da5
>What will be the effect of legalizing prostitution on the demand, supply, and thus equilibrium quantity of prostitution? Starting with the demand effect, some clients will be deterred from consuming commercial sex services if prostitution is illegal and they expect that there is a reasonable probability of being prosecuted, as this raises the costs of engaging in such activities. Legalizing prostitution will therefore almost invariably increase demand for prostitution.

>The fact of the matter is
No, the fact of the matter is that if you significantly stem the amount of heroin in our country by annihilating dealers, there will be less to consume
>>
>>75235688
>we legalize heroin but demand that it be made in the most expensive manner
thats not what would happen faggot. just look at the shit the alcohol industry puts out.
>>
>>75235688
>nobody could possibly make that argument.
so why are there people that dont get addicted to things? i'll wait...
>>
>>75235359
>Which hurts you how?
It hurts the productivity of the nation. And when we have a welfare state that does not demand routine drug tests, yes it actually does affect me directly.

>comparing SSRI addictivity to heroin
Stop being disingenuous.

>how would a manufacturer make heroin more addictive
Okay, you got me, I don't happen to be an expert on the substance of heroin. They will manufacture it to be the most cheaply and dangerously made, that doesn't take away at all from the point I was making. Like I said before, please stop being disingenuous.

>Face it, you're wrong. It may sound unintuitive, but that doesn't make it any less true.
Would you argue that socialism works because Scandinavian socialism has been functional for multiple decades? You are comparing the US to a nation the size of Michigan. And they don't have nearly as many niggers either.

>>75235915
Already explained that to you. You aren't putting effort in like the other guy so I'm gonna stop responding to you now
>>
>>75235968
>why are some people different from other people
Sorry that was too stupidto pass up. You're a retard, lay off the weed.
>>
>>75231613
This
>>
>>75235993
oh what a great answer. way to dodge the question, faggot.
>>
>>75236027
Read the greentext in that post, that is my answer, genius.

>why can some people lift 200 pound boulders but other people can't?
>>
>>75235969
>Already explained that to you.
mmm no you didnt. just because you cant answer something doesnt make you somehow right, moron.
>>
>>75231481
Yeah, it is.

War is pretty baller.
>>
>>75231582
Killing muzrats is always worth it but I agree we shouldn't have gone to the Middle East. We need to exterminate the rats within our walls before we can go and destroy the faraway nest
>>
>>75231700
>sandpeople
>people

I think the correct term is rat anon
>>
>>75235688
> Of course literal black markets don't exist in a scenario where a good is legal to sell.

then why would they exist when drugs are legal to sell? What makes you think companies wouldn't also make cheaper heroin like they do with alcohol?

> Again, you can not support any of these things you're saying, nobody could possibly make that argument.

Actually, I do. Google the rat park experiments or read the following link which discusses them. Your fundamental understanding of addiction is wrong.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/johann-hari/the-real-cause-of-addicti_b_6506936.html

Regardless, as I showed before, ending drug prohibition leads to less drug use anyway (not to mention safer use) >>75235189.

> No, the fact of the matter is that if you significantly stem the amount of heroin in our country by annihilating dealers, there will be less to consume

Which is impossible. That's like saying if I could build a time machine I could meet my great great grandpa. Sure, the statement is true, but it's trivially true because the first statement is impossible. People will continue trafiicing drugs into the country in order to meet the demand. No policies will stop this. Drug prohibition in the US has done nothing to lower drug use rates, in fact they are higher than in 1970 when the controlled substances act passed.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/annabelle-buggle/after-40year-fight-illici_b_3623714.html

Any way you slice it, the war on drugs has been an unmitigated failure. It has been totally ineffective, wasted ~$1 trillion, imprisoned and therefore disenfranchised millions of Americans for no real reason, and led to the growth of the Mexican drug cartels (which by the way, is why illegal immigration is so high right now), and increased drug deaths.
>>
>>75231481
Bring back the draft and kill two birds with one stone.
>>
You can't feed someone who has no head.

>>75231582
Irrelevant as you can't change the past.
>>
>>75236083
I partially did, actually. But here's what will happen, I will respond to you and you will simply disregard it because you will have no logical counterargument.

Alcohol does not need to be made and administered in a significantly more expensive manner for it to be safe for human consumption. There are not massive factories created by international corporations mass producing heroin in the most efficient way possible (something we have for alcohol because we have been brewing it for thousands of years). If we legalized heroin with no regulations, the result would be a ton of cheaply made, shitty heroin. If we regulated it, the result would be expensive legal heroin and a ton of cheap black market heroin. There's no good end result when dealing with a substance like it.
>>
File: 2342342342342.jpg (1 MB, 1800x1268) Image search: [Google]
2342342342342.jpg
1 MB, 1800x1268
>>75231481
nah fuck you, without a military there's no people to feed in the first place cus opfor would purge all the civies
>>
>>75233152
Yeah Mate, Just Ignore those Australians they don't understand She'll be Right mate.
>>
>>75236283
clearly what we need is more idiots in the military.
>>
File: image.png (750 KB, 650x900) Image search: [Google]
image.png
750 KB, 650x900
>>75232374
>>75232635
>>75232959

This shit. Christianity is the original version of socialism

>but muh crusades

So what? The soviets fought the Nazis should we all become communist?

Christianity is the original version of the anti white cucked turn the other cheek pacifist Jew lie
>>
Donno about other countries but why feed the poor when you can spent 250 billion on making cool shit like this? Sure it doesn't work but it looks cool.
>>
>>75233183
>underrated post
>>
>>75236408
uh you're a moron. do you really think multinational corporations couldnt safely achieve the same process that shit tier chemists working for drug dealers do? how fucking stupid are you. we know how to safely make heroin. we did it before it because illegal.
>>
>>75233483
>had any positives

I'd say at least a million dead Muslims is a big positive. However I'll agree partially because we should have dealt with the ones at home before going to the Middle East
>>
>>75236466
shut up Idiot I outrank the Pope because God Compels me to Violence.
>>
>>75235969
> It hurts the productivity of the nation.

No it doesn't, also source?

> And when we have a welfare state that does not demand routine drug tests, yes it actually does affect me directly.

How? Because you're so sad that you care that much what other people do? It's none of your business because it doesn't affect you. Not to mention Florida showed us that so few welfare recipients actually use drugs (2.6% compared to ~10% for the average US citizen).

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/florida-declines-to-appeal-further-in-case-of-welfare-drug-testing/

> Stop being disingenuous.

Oh, you're right. Stopping use of an SSRI can actually kill you, unlike heroin which cannot. It's actually a more extreme example and in no way disingenuous.

> I don't happen to be an expert on the substance of heroin.

Finally, the truth. I spent years studying drugs primarily from a chemical standpoint, so I happen to be. This is why I know the war on drugs is a farce.

> They will manufacture it to be the most cheaply and dangerously made, that doesn't take away at all from the point I was making. Like I said before, please stop being disingenuous.

What is the FDA for $400, Alex? That's what they currently do, legalizing it would prevent this as it would be regulated by the FDA.

> They will manufacture it to be the most cheaply and dangerously made, that doesn't take away at all from the point I was making. Like I said before, please stop being disingenuous.

Not necessarily, but I do happen to know that the US without prohibition worked for years prior to 1971. Humanity as a whole has done very well without prohibition (which really only came about less than 100 years ago).

For these reasons, plus these >>75236249 I have carefully and accurately explained to you how you are wrong. Please please please do research and base your opinions on that, not just misinformation and poorly reasoned conjectures.
>>
>>75236408
>Alcohol does not need to be made and administered in a significantly more expensive manner for it to be safe for human consumption.

Neither does heroin. Most people don't shoot it, however, those that do would benefit from a system of heroin clinics (which will still save money compared to the current system) because it removes all the risks.
>>
>>75236466
>How atheists deal with Muslims
kek. Please tell the Swedes that. Atheism is a culture-death disease. They're pathetic.
>>
>>75236249
>What makes you think companies wouldn't also make cheaper heroin like they do with alcohol?
So in this thought experiment you want cheaply made heroin to be legal? Then that completely nullifies what you were saying earlier about prohibition creating dangerous drugs. If companies are allowed to mass produce shitty, dangerous heroin they will do so and many people will die or become addicted. The only difference is that some of these useless people won't be in prison and will be out in society.

>fundamental understanding of addiction is wrong
My fundamental understanding of addiction has nothing to do with this discussion. I see you didn't respond to the bit about "basic human drives" in my post.

>Regardless, as I showed before, ending drug prohibition leads to less drug use anyway (not to mention safer use)
I already explained to you why that comparison is laughable.

>which is impossible
No, no it absolutely is not. You're saying that if you burn down a factory, the factory will be there to produce its product the next day? It's a difficult situation but we haven't been targeting the source and have been letting a massive influx of foreigners into our country for four decades.

The war on drugs as it currently stands has been a failure for sure. But that doesn't mean ridding a society of a dangerous element is a fruitless nor impossible endeavor.
>>
>>75233554
Just help fund and give military assistance to a western Canadian independence movement. You'll have all the cheap oil you'll ever need if you could just break us away from Ottawa and their fucking equalization payments (how is the east a "have not" area again?) special rights to the Indians (natives) to block any development in any spot they claim to be "sacred" and especially the fucked environmental regulations and taxes we have to deal with

>mfw 49% of the costs in Canada Coke from shit like preventing so called "climate change"

Plus you'll have another non cucked ally and as your neighbor even
>>
>>75236759
you seem to be under the erronious impression that something can either be made safely and expensively or cheaply and dangerously. if you knew anything about reality you would realize that you're a fucking moron. we manufacture all sorts of drugs safely and cheaply. your entire argument is based on a false dichotomy. kill yourself.
>>
>>75231481

War brings in oil so it more than pays for itself. What do Shaniqua and her brood of 8 niglets by 6 baby daddys bring in?
>>
>>75236932
>War brings in oil so it more than pays for itself
really? we've been at war for a good long while now and we seem to be hemorrhaging money from it not sitting in scrooge piles of gold.
>>
>>75234069
Just take all your drug dealers and addicts and shoot them in the back of the head. Leave their bodies hanging from poles in the ghettos/nigger and trash areas as a warning
>>
>>75233074
Yeah, we sure showed saudi arabia that they can't just do whatever they want.
>>
>>75236759
> So in this thought experiment you want cheaply made heroin to be legal? Then that completely nullifies what you were saying earlier about prohibition creating dangerous drugs

No it doesn't. Heroin is dangerous now not because it is cheaply made, but because it is inconsistently cut. You may buuy heroin that is 15% pure or heroin that is 75% pure. That is a huge difference and causes many overdoses. The FDA would set a specific purity needed and that would be the standard, thereby eliminating this risk. Like other drugs, heroin is actually quite cheap and easy to make, the problem is that some dealers along the way will cut it inconsistently.

> My fundamental understanding of addiction has nothing to do with this discussion. I see you didn't respond to the bit about "basic human drives" in my post.

No, I explained it. I pointed you to this article which references the rat park experiments. Please learn to read.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/johann-hari/the-real-cause-of-addicti_b_6506936.html

> I already explained to you why that comparison is laughable.

No, you tried to hand wave it away. That combined with them mechanism of how addiction works, would indicate that ending drug prohibition would likely lower drug use rates. Also, Portugal is a small country, but they are considerably poorer. Under your logic (which isn't accurate anyway, but whatever, I'll show you your internal inconsistencies) they would be more inclined to do drugs anyway.

> You're saying that if you burn down a factory, the factory will be there to produce its product the next day?

I'm saying that it is impossible. Even Singapore can't totally shut it down. It can't happen and won't happen no matter how much money the government wastes trying. It's better to acknowledge the fuck up in policy and work to fix it now.

> It's a difficult situation but we haven't been targeting the source

A source caused by drug prohibition.
>>
>>75236976

Sorry, I meant war brings in money for Halliburton and Dick Cheney. "Trickle down" and all that.
>>
>>75236998
That won't get rid of them. It isn't really genetic, drug addiction is caused by environment (google the rat park experiments).
>>
>>75236543
It's honestly irritating, it's like I'm having a rational conversation with someone while a stoned chihuahua is nipping at my ankles. You clearly didn't read my post.

>>75236620
>source?
Are you asking me to source my claim that people who spend their days doing drugs instead of working are less productive than people who spend their days working instead of doing drugs?

>How?
Because I pay taxes and my taxes go to welfare. I don't care the rate of drug users on welfare, not to mention that welfare recipients in Florida obviously had a massive incentive to hide their drug use during the time that study was taken.

>stopping use of an SSRI can actually kill you
The manner, potency, frequency, and purpose for which SSRIs are taken differs in every way from why heroin users use heroin. Heroin does not treat depression or anxiety directly, heroin gives you a ton of physical pleasure. There could certainly be a therapeutic use of heroin if administered properly by a professional, but that's not how a vast majority of heroin users want to do their haroin.

So yes. You were either being disingenuous or very shortsighted.

>my knowledge of philosophy and politics stems from my knowledge of chemicals
wew, like I said earlier, totally irrelevant.

>what is the FDA?
If the FDA puts regulations on heroin that increase its cost (almost invariably the case if they have to hire professionals to administer it) then there will be a black market.

>US worked for years prior to 1971
What was the demographic makeup of the US like prior to 1965?

>declaring victory
Well that just shows me you're getting desperate, honestly. I've refuted every point you've made, whereas you have ignored various in each of my post.
>>
>>75236466
Nah
>How Catholics deal with Muslims
>vs
>How Orthodox Christians deal with Muslims
>>
>>75231582
can't sleep next to a rabid something or other
>>
>>75235188
We can and do feed the poor. The ones that are starving are literally not trying to get help. But don't take my word for it call your local welfare office and ask for assistance that's available to you
>>
>>75231481
I don't want to feed the poor. You do it.
>>
>>75236155
This
>>
>>75237197
>It's honestly irritating,
yes it is. i hate having to talk to retards about the same shit over and over and they still dont understand but whatever. i'm willing to look past your shortage in iq and try again.

we know how to make heroin. we know how to make it cheaply, efficiently, and safely. your argument has no legs to stand on.
>>
>the problem is that some dealers along the way will cut it inconsistently.
With the existence of a black market, this will happen invariably. With FDA regulations as suggested in your previous post, the black market will exist.

>No, I explained it.
No, you linked an article, that's not explaining anything. Make the point you wanted to make, like I said my understanding of addiction has absolutely no bearing on this discussion.

>you tried to hand wave it awaay
You were comparing apples to oranges. What happens to a small and relatively monolithic (compared to the US) society like Portugal does not translate in any way to what would happen in the US.

>they are considerably poorer
Economic status is not the only indicator of behavior, as indicated by blacks of higher economic status than whites and asians still getting lower test scores.

>it's impossible
We can destroy every machine in the factory except for a few, significantly stemming its production. You're essentially saying "it's a problem, so let's just let it happen."
>>
>>75237483
read first line, stoner >>75237501
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-26-22-52-59.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-26-22-52-59.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
>>75231481
What fucking obligation do I have to feed people that can't feed themselves amidst plenty? Fuck off christfag
>>
>>75236739
You don't believe the same thing as me.
Pathetic
>>
Dammit you are right!
Let's have guns and butter!
Feed those stupid niggers and then bomb the fuck out of them!
>>
>>75237197
>If the FDA puts regulations on heroin that increase its cost (almost invariably the case if they have to hire professionals to administer it) then there will be a black market.
then why hasnt there been a massive black market for every prescription drug we sell? there's no nigger slinging atorvistatin on the street corner just cause his brother can make it on the cheap.
>>
>>75237536
but you're just wrong. you can say it over and over again but you're basing your claim on no actual evidence, meanwhile all actual evidence points to the exact opposite.
>>
>>75237156
There's drug addicts in all walks of life from every culture from every corner of the world. So by environmental you just mean life on Earth?
>>
>>75237197
> people who spend their days doing drugs instead of working are less productive than people who spend their days working instead of doing drugs?

No, I'm asking for a source on your claim that drug use as a whole (without the negative effects of prohibition) would lead to a less productive populace.

> Because I pay taxes and my taxes go to welfare.

I don't support my tax dollars going to an overreaching government program that encroaches on civil liberties, creates and promotes organized crime, and makes drug use more dangerous.

> Heroin does not treat depression or anxiety directly, heroin gives you a ton of physical pleasure.

100% false. Evidently you didn't look at my source, because if you had you would know this. Heroin use is all about self medicating when you are in a bad situation (often caused by symptoms of anxiety and depression). the user doesn't feel pleasure like you're probably thinking, they feel relaxation.

> but that's not how a vast majority of heroin users want to do their haroin.

I'm willing to bet that given the option, that's exactly how they'd want to do it. You eliminate all the health risks, plus you see no downside.

> wew, like I said earlier, totally irrelevant.

I mean, this specifically stems from the culture/political aspects that I also studied. Of course, this also stems from my knowledge of the science (and your apparent ignorance of the science).

> If the FDA puts regulations on heroin that increase its cost (almost invariably the case if they have to hire professionals to administer it) then there will be a black market.

God damn you're dumb. No there wouldn't be. The drug would still be super cheap to make (seriously, do you know nothing of this?) at a certain purity. Definitely cheaper than the premium that illegally making it would add to the price.

> What was the demographic makeup of the US like prior to 1965?

About the same, less hispanics.
>>
>>75237197
You're totally ignorant on this issue. Talking to you is like talking to a christian who thinks the earth is 6k years old. I'm going to bed. Several people have told you that you are wrong. Please, just listen to them. You could not be more wrong or more misinformed. I feel like I am now stupider for having to interact with you.
>>
>>75231481
We don't want to feed the poor, we're not their parents, we want the poor to feed themselves until they're not poor anymore.
Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.