[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So nationalism and generally right wing politics are on the rise
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 8
File: civiltalavoro5.jpg (576 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
civiltalavoro5.jpg
576 KB, 1024x768
So nationalism and generally right wing politics are on the rise in America and Europe, lots of people are reporting about it but how substantial is the growth? Is it lasting?

Besides the rise of Trump in America, the rise of the right could be seen as simply a reaction to immigration - seeing as its core issue is immigration. Is there more substance behind the modern growing right's changing beliefs besides immigration?

I'll be posting architecture as the thread develops.
>>
File: italy5.jpg (65 KB, 560x486) Image search: [Google]
italy5.jpg
65 KB, 560x486
>>
>>75225259
It's a reaction to how extreme feminism, social justice, and the left in general have become. When a group of people demonizes everyone who isnt like them, everyone else is going to eventually get fed up with this shit and speak out against it, hence the rise in the right. The immigration crisis was just the catalyst to make it happen.
>>
>>75226030
Is there any cohesive vision behind the reaction or would you say it's more directed as hate towards a group? You can't make change without vision.
>>
>>
>>75226168
I think it's easy to dismiss the reaction, but generally speaking there is some semblance of an overall vision. From what I've been seeing, the rise in the right and nationalism comes from a desire for people to stick together. You see all these European countries suddenly having an increase in nationalists because they believe their culture and their people are at danger to outsiders (immigrants) and those who seek to actively divide them (extreme leftists). Ultimately, I think these people just want to stick together because they trust people who value the same culture and ideals. National identity is an easy and very visible way of displaying that.
>>
>>75226723
Dismiss the reaction as hate*

My bad.

And as one quick add on about the rise in the right/nationalists:

These people don't dislike the immigrants solely for their skin color, religion, or culture. They dislike them and mark them as a threat because they are outsiders coming into their country. They dislike them because they are foreigners. Throughout history this has been the natural reaction to mass migration.

I think that's mainly because a mass migration has often been the precursor to war or invasion. The only time a mass migration doesn't lead to these things is when the migrants assimilate. But in today's situation the media, government, and academia all are praising migrants NOT to assimilate, to keep the different culture.

The whole European Refugee Crisis, if it were boiled down to one action, is a culture clash turning ugly.
>>
>>75227234
I think if the extreme left were to stop their outrageous attempts at making the Western world diverse, via provoking more culture clash, most problems with the crisis would be averted. Unfortunately, they are just letting the refugees get away with any horrific acts and pat them on the heads saying they're too stupid and innocent to know what they're doing.

That's why the rise in the right is happening. People don't want to condone that kind of thinking anymore. It's daft. It's stupid. It's counter productive, and it's handing all the work and effort of average Europeans towards any opportunist migrant to exploit.
>>
File: hagia-sophia-under-cloudy-sky.jpg (270 KB, 1200x770) Image search: [Google]
hagia-sophia-under-cloudy-sky.jpg
270 KB, 1200x770
>>75227580
Thanks for sharing anon.

However the problem of the fleeing refugees need still be addressed. For the left, they see people fleeing war and destruction and seeking safety. To let them in is the charitable move. They seem to be addressing the whole thing in charitable terms rather than simply legality which leads to their excesses. This being the core of the left's position on immigration, is there a viable right-wing response to it?
>>
File: Picture 4.png (534 KB, 704x532) Image search: [Google]
Picture 4.png
534 KB, 704x532
>>
File: 7236822-md.jpg (46 KB, 679x458) Image search: [Google]
7236822-md.jpg
46 KB, 679x458
>>
>>
>>75225259
Every single discussion of cultnarx ever.
We want our Kultur back.
We want families.
The glitziest Hollywood productions do not interest us in the slightest.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.