[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /pol/'s opinion on the Aztec empire? >built
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: tenochtitlan circa 1510.jpg (90 KB, 960x742) Image search: [Google]
tenochtitlan circa 1510.jpg
90 KB, 960x742
What is /pol/'s opinion on the Aztec empire?

>built a city on a lake that rivaled the largest cities in the Eurasian continent at the time of the Spanish arrival, mostly without any metal tools, which had tons of aquaducts and causeways with near universal access to clean water
>Had in depth mandatory public education for all social classes and both men and women
>bathed twice daily unlike europe at the time
>completely dominated their region to the point where they had to pre-arrange battles just so their army had practice
>treated their sacrifices (who were nearly always war prisoners from the above pre-arranged battles) well to the point where they where nearly worshipped, whereas in europe and asia prisoners were treated like shit before their execution

How come they were able to do so much with so little,. and after the spainish came along the region only got worse and turned into the shithole that is modern mexico city?
>>
>empire
>smaller than my city

What's your opinion on being a fucking fag?
>>
Oh wow, a stick fort on a lake with some stick bridges and kids learning how to decapitate.

Wow so advanced.
>>
>got worse
It was always a shithole. Nice memes though.
>>
>>75212416
Clearly an advanced black civilization built by ancient melanin space-traveling kangz.
>See: The Temple of Amun Ra
>>
mel gibson fucked up the aztecs
>>
>>75212593
>"The next morning we reached the broad high road of Iztapalapan, whence we for the first time beheld the numbers of towns and villages built in the lake, and the still greater number of large townships on the mainland, with the level causeway which ran in a straight line into Mexico."

>"Our astonishment was indeed raised to the highest pitch, and we could not help remarking to each other, that all these buildings resembled the fairy castles we read of in Amadis de Gaul; so high, majestic, and splendid did the temples, towers, and houses of the town, all built of massive stone and lime, rise up out of the midst of the lake. Indeed, many of our men asked if what they saw was a mere dream. And the reader must not feel surprised at the manner in which I have expressed myself, for it is impossible to speak coolly of things which we had never seen nor heard of, nor even could have dreamt of, beforehand."

>"When we approached near to Iztapalapan, two other caziques came out in great pomp to receive us: one was the prince of Cuitlahuac, and the other of Cojohuacan; both were near relatives of Motecusuma. We now entered the town of Iztapalapan, where we were indeed quartered in palaces, of large dimensions, surrounded by spacious courts, and built of hewn stone, cedar and other sweet-scented wood. All the apartments were hung round with cotton cloths."

>"After we had seen all this, we paid a visit to the gardens adjoining these palaces, which were really astonishing, and I could not gratify my desire too much by walking about in them and contemplating the numbers of trees which spread around the most delicious odours; the rose bushes, the different flower beds, and the fruit trees which stood along the paths. There was likewise a basin of sweet water, which was connected with the lake by means of a small canal. It was constructed of stone of various colours, and decorated with numerous figures, and was wide enough to hold their largest canoes."
>>
>>75212416
Got cucked by Spain
>>
>>75212737
All the proof I need that the Aztecs weren't great is the fact that they haven't been able to rebuild themselves into something worthy today.

Many European civilizations were occupied and brought to their knees and most of them still managed to rebuild and contribute something of worth to modern society.
>>
>>75212737
Continued:

>"In this basin various kinds of water-fowls were swimming up and down, and everything was so charming and beautiful that we could find no words to express our astonishment. Indeed I do not believe a country was ever discovered which was equal in splendour to this; for Peru was not known at that time. But, at the present moment, there is not a vestige of all this remaining, and not a stone of this beautiful town is now standing."

>"(About Tlatelolco) After we had sufficiently gazed upon this magnificent picture, we again turned our eyes toward the great market, and beheld the vast numbers of buyers and sellers who thronged there. The bustle and noise occasioned by this multitude of human beings was so great that it could be heard at a distance of more than four miles. Some of our men, who had been at Constantinople and Rome, and travelled through the whole of Italy, said that they never had seen a market-place of such large dimensions, or which was so well regulated, or so crowded with people as this one at Mexico."

This was from "True History of the Conquest of the New Spain" by Bernal Díaz del Castillo, which is one of a few first hand accounts by conquistadors who participated in the conquest

>>75212512
Bullshit. The largest city in the wolrd today is only about 8000 square kilometers; the aztec triple alliance had an area of 304,325 km at the time of the spainish conquest.

>>75212983
How come spain only made it worse, though

>>75213030
Most of those empires had their metropolitan centers kept intact, however. Tenochitlan was demolished and the lakes surrounding it were drained.
>>
>>75213290
forgot my image
>>
>>75213470
>>75213290
Excuses, Paco.
>>
>>75213661
I'm eastern european, nice try memelord.
>>
>>75213728
You'd be European whether you liked it or not, anyway.
>>
>>75213290
>>75213470
It was still a fucking shithole by empire standards, please fuck off now.
>>
>>75212512
Being a leaf is worse than being a faggot, faggot
>>
File: Turk Roaching.png (523 KB, 636x636) Image search: [Google]
Turk Roaching.png
523 KB, 636x636
>>75212416
What's the brown, mostly-native-blood, spicshit version of "we wuz kaings'? Can't use we wuz human sacrificers, they still do that.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.