[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Christianity General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
File: Christianity.jpg (19 KB, 876x493) Image search: [Google]
Christianity.jpg
19 KB, 876x493
Ask a Christian Thread.

Atheists have been getting a lot of flack here.
If you have any questions about Christianity, ask away.

You are free to insult me if you like.
I will not insult you.
>>
File: image.jpg (580 KB, 1109x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
580 KB, 1109x1600
Christians exist,

Because the only way their life can have meaning

>is if they get a reward at the end
>>
File: 1460596213447.png (574 KB, 830x463) Image search: [Google]
1460596213447.png
574 KB, 830x463
Nice username Christfriend. How do you feel and react to the degeneracy around us?
>>
>>75204644
>not posting Orthodox cross

a fucking leaf
>>
>>75205159
We can all subscribe meaning to our lives, but the meaning is ultimately arbitrary. God gives you and I true meaning.

>>75205173
Thanks mate. It discourages me greatly but I try not to let it get me down. I try to help in my community anyway I can, whether it be food banks or volunteering. I got to the point where I can complain and sulk about it but what does that accomplish? I've gotta get out there.
>>
>>75205159
All meaning is arbitrary without God.
>>
File: wutrabbit.jpg (42 KB, 282x425) Image search: [Google]
wutrabbit.jpg
42 KB, 282x425
>>75204644
If you were a Christian you'd leave this board immediately
Christ ate with sinners but he didn't hang out in brothels long enough to learn the lock code
>>
>>75205173
I've never seen an atheist that thinks like that
>>
>>75206079
I can assure you, I rarely lurk this board.
It's been a while (a long while) since I've done this and I've got some time to spare so I said why not.
>>
>>75204644
how do you personally resolve the fact that any time anything bad ever happens god could have stopped it but didnt.

>hard mode: you cant say he is testing you because god allegedly is a telepath who knows whats in your heart
>>
File: iobX9rp.jpg (510 KB, 1092x1600) Image search: [Google]
iobX9rp.jpg
510 KB, 1092x1600
>>75206079

Matthew 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.
>>
>>75205173
edgy image
>>
>>75206487
Hmm, that's a good question.

This verse comes to mind.

>Romans 8:28
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

While we have been saved and are being saved, we still live in a world filled with sin. Bad things will happen and yet even God can turn those bad things around for good.

Example: Joseph's brothers sold him into slavery. God turned it around and Joseph later became the ruler.

Hardships will come but God already let us know they would. How we respond is crucial. We should not be shaken if we know God is in control.
>>
What happened since Jesus' death in regards to salvation? Did it go from works based to faith based? If not, why did Jesus have to die on a cross then?
>>
>>75207046
We are saved by grave through faith.
Jesus died on the cross, bearing our sins on the cross as a payment for our sins.

In this, God is still loving and just.
Loving because he Sent his only begotten son to die for us.
Just because a payment for sin needed to be made.

>2 Corinthians 5:21
I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins.”
>>
>>75204644
One thing I never understood was how atheists can justify belief in human rights. They have always been reasoned to come from God. If you don't have something higher than utility for justifying human rights, they are not intrinsic, but legal. Can anyone explain their reasoning?
>>
>>75205453
You're all really hyped about Orthodoxism but aside from
>m u h a e s t h e t i c
it's not really a great denomination.
It encourages dogmatism and faith without understanding. It supplaces ritual with superstition. Although I guess it did save us from radical islamisation.
t. Eastern Orthodox born and raised
>>
>>75208143
It's hard to explain their reasoning without tripping yourself. When it comes to their position, because it's legal, there will always be a way to find a way around their reasoning. The best thing to do is show the inconsistency in their reasoning. A lot of their reasoning and justification simply hasn't been challenged by anyone.
>>
Hello, brothers in Christ.

It would be nice to see Christian generals on /pol/ again.

/christian/ has unfortunately been getting slower and slower (fortunately along with the rest of that site) while the impure spam intensifies.

God bless you in your work ministering to the wayward sheep of this board.

Also could you please say a prayer for my safety as I practice driving in the coming weeks?
>>
>>75204644

>2016
>still believing in fairy tales
>>
>>75204644
What if I just have trouble with believing in the Genesis story? i.e. talking snake in a magical garden, etc.? Can't just say "it's metaphorical" because original sin is crucial to the Biblical narrative.
>>
>>75205173
Being fair, it probably was a very tasty lunch.
>>
File: bact.jpg (87 KB, 1024x778) Image search: [Google]
bact.jpg
87 KB, 1024x778
can the Bible support evolution?
saying "apes"had to live in horrible condictions killing/eating maybe each other, the ice age, Natural Selections, such things..it kind of makes meekness akin to extintion. However Darwin seems scientifically correct . the problems is darwinism logically leads to eugenics
>>
>>75209025
Truth isn't a function of the calendar.

>>75209046
It's pretty clear just from everyday observation that there's something genetically morally wrong with our species. We've all sinned. The earliest humans had to have sinned at some point. The details of that might just have been treated in such a way as to make a good story.
>>
What does Ephesians 2:8-9 say?

Yeah, I can go look it up, but Christ probably would have brought the bantz to beat the bible-thumpers.
>>
>>75209046
Genesis has long been read as non-literal. Only within the past couple of centuries has a literal reading become popular.

And even without being literal, it can still covey the same concept of original sin through allegory.
>>
>>75209588

nothing about christianity is true tho. wake up
>>
Reminder that Faith is a great weapon against subversion. While the lack of it can only lead to the collapse of society.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gnpCqsXE8g
>>
>>75206231
I'm sure you would say that you would jump in and save him. But you'd be lying.
>>
>>75204644
If God created everything and God is all good how is there bad things?
>>
>>75209673
This. Don't get too hung up on literalism.

>>75209741
*tips fedora*
>>
>>75207046
Anyone that says works aren't necessary are lying to themselves. John makes it very clear that faith without works, is dead.

Faith in Jesus as Lord is what makes salvation possible, but as Revelations and countless other verses say, in the end we will be judged by our works.

No where does it say that we will be judged by faith. Faith makes salvation possible, works make it an actuality.
>>
>>75209804
;_; my society collapsed about 1 decade ago
>>
>>75209886
God created some creatures with the ability to make moral decisions for themselves, and those creatures decided to do evil.
>>
>>75208917
Definitely brother.
We need to be praying for others as well. We're all in this together.
>>
File: 1208050177720.png (285 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1208050177720.png
285 KB, 1280x960
>>75209804
noice brazil

Never ever let the devil into your house.
>>
>>75209886
It doesn't say God created everything anywhere in the Bible.

In Genesis after everything God does make, he sees that it is very good.

Evil exists because of Satan.
>>
>>75209046
If you say that's metaphorical, what else do you say is metaphorical?

Does the bible address these events elsewhere in the bible as metaphorical? If not, you're treading on shaky ground.

>>75209644
Here you go

>Ephesians 2:8-9
for by grace have ye been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
>>
>>75209833
So much certainty. Are you (a) god?
>>
>>75210574
No. I only know because I am honest with myself. Even for me it would be an incredibly difficult decision.
>>
>>75210648
So you're saying that no-one, christian or atheist, would jump in to save the drowning man?
>>
>>75209644
It's an epistle so it's gonna be Paul spouting some shit.
>8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
>9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Hey, that's one I can recite but don't know where it's found.
>>75210055
>God created some creatures with the ability to make moral decisions
So, God isn't omniscient?
>>75210279
Wait, you're saying God didn't make everything? I don't think I've heard anyone say this. Tell me mote about your heretical sounding beliefs.
>>
File: 1455850738964.jpg (148 KB, 555x574) Image search: [Google]
1455850738964.jpg
148 KB, 555x574
>For ye, brethren, became followers of the churches of God which in Judaea are in Christ Jesus: for ye also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they have of the Jews:
15 Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men:
>>
>>75208917
>fortunately along with the rest of that site)
No, fuck you. /hebe/ is dead and that is a tragedy.
>>
>>75210773
That's not what I said.
>>
>>75210279
>It doesn't say God created everything anywhere in the Bible

Literally Gen.1:1
>In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth
Given that the bible doesn't make reference to a larger solar system, let alone a galaxy or the entire universe, god pretty much created the whole show right at the top of page 1.
>>
>>75210961

Revelation 2:9
>>
>>75210826
Did God create evil? No. End of discussion. It's not heretical. You saying that God created everything is what is heretical, and it's complete unbiblical.
>>
>>75211119
Yeah, and then he went to create other things!

So no, unbiblical, heretical talk is all this is.
>>
Haven't seen a christ general in ages. Feels good to see it coming back.
>>
>>75211182

God did create everything, for everything is of God. Evil is not a thing of creation, it is a corruption of creation. The creation is forever pure and good.
>>
>>75210826
>So, God isn't omniscient?
God is omniscient. Your reasoning doesn't follow.
>>
>>75211424
Lucifer was part of creation. Lucifer rebelled against God, evil came into being from Lucifer. That was before things truly became corrupt.

Evil exists. Are you going to say God created evil?
>>
>>75211263
Sorry, what? He created the heaven and the earth, and then he went on to populate the earth with plants and animals. The original question was whether there was anything created which was not created by god. I think genesis pretty squarely covers all of the bases. So if your contention is that something was created by another power: what was this power; and where are your scriptural references for this creative act?
>>
>>75211684
Sin was not created by God.
>>
>>75204644
who was the first kike to put his cock in you? or are you saving you holes for that kike jesus' cock?

a dumber conspiracy theory... well i heard about this giant kike nigger in the sky that judges you after you die...kind of like santa but no presents

this giant kike nigger in the sky had a big nose rape baby with some other kikes wife and the little rape baby bastard said "turn the other cheek whenever kikes fuck you over and let them fuck you over some more"

i think that is the dumbest conspiracy theory ever... and i doubt anyone will ever believe that stupid shit...
>>
Been on the fence about joining a church, for a while now. Getting pretty sick of being an agnostic.

I won't lie, half of the reason I'm considering converting is to surround myself with decent people, and up the chances for dating a virgin qt.

But I am genuinely interested in giving faith a shot, and going beyond "just showing up Sunday morning."

Any recommendations for a Church that has followers that aren't Christians on Sundays only?

Any tips/warnings about Church life in general? (ie, opinions on mega-churches, how to ease into church life, possible red flags, etc.)

Any Bible recommendations? (I'm pretty my father gave me a KJV one, should I just start reading?)
>>
>>75211591
If he knows everything how can we be said to make choices? Aren't we just doing what he made us to do?
>>75211418
Really? These shitposting thrrads are a constant thing. They never leave.
>>
>>75211810
>Sin was not created by God
Do you mean the desire to sin, or the option to sin? Clearly, the capability to sin was created at the same point that god decided to put a forbidden tree right in the middle of his earthly paradise.

If, however, you simply mean that he wasn't responsible for inciting his creations to sin, then I would have to refer you back to the previous paragraph. If you don't put a forbidden tree in paradise, nobody will consider eating from it.
>>
>>75212063
Start reading from the beginning.

Picking a Church is very hard especially if you are a protestant. The RCC has been degraded as well.

If you are looking for a girl though, your main bet (if you want her to be white) is some sort of protestant church. Although, she probably won't actually believe any of it, she just does it for daddy.

Another very important aspect is to research and learn about the resurrection.
>>
>>75212237
No. Him knowing everything does not prevent us from making our own choices.

God does not make anyone do anything.
>>
>>75212254
I'm not going to argue with you about this. If you really want to know the answer, talk to a priest, clearly you won't take my word for it. Saying God created everything is simply giving ammunition to Atheists.

Did God create the devil? No. End of story. Therefore, God did not create everything.
>>
>>75204644
I'll never worship a kike fag. Especially one who's representative share jail cells with Fogle.
>>
>>75204644
why did god think it was good for Lot to offer his daughters to a crowd of rapists and the later (in the cave) breed with them?

why are bignose kikes so into inbreed when there man jawed, bignosed women are so ugly most times?
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-05-27 11.36.56.png (211 KB, 484x517) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-05-27 11.36.56.png
211 KB, 484x517
opinion OP?
>>
>>75212063
Thank you for your post.

If I was in your shoes, the first thing that I would do would be to look up churches in your area. Keep in mind that I am a protestant so I am aware of my bias.

When you find a couple, check out their website and their statement of faith. Some statements of faith are founded upon biblical truths and every sentence will be backed up by scripture. I'd encourage you find a bible believing church that is serious about the word.

Of course, I would discourage you from going to a place like this with the intention of potentially compromising a girl's virginity.

Churches always need help. You should have no trouble finding ways to help out around the church. Find a small - mid sized church. Couple hundred is good. When you reach megachurch, you'll hardly get to know anyone. People kinda just go in and out.
>>
>>75212063
>Any recommendations for a Church that has followers that aren't Christians on Sundays only?
I can only recommend the Army because it's the only church I have any experience attending.
>should I just start reading?
Just start at the beginning, don't listen to fucktards who say to start with the gospels. You don't start a book halfway through and you can't read about a guy's teachings without reading the stuff he's building off of.
Skip genealogies unless you need to go back to figure out who a character is. And have fun with it. And there's going to be a lot of stories that make no fucking sense, just roll with it.
>>
Ephesians 6 12

What did he mean by that?
>>
>>75212333

>Picking a Church is very hard especially if you are a protestant. The RCC has been degraded as well.

Was raised (a VERY lax) Protestant. It would probably be my go-to, but I'm open to Catholicism and Orthodox.

>If you are looking for a girl though, your main bet (if you want her to be white) is some sort of protestant church. Although, she probably won't actually believe any of it, she just does it for daddy.

That's a shame, I was actually hoping to meet people, more than just qts, who actually take the faith and moral foundations seriously.

>Another very important aspect is to research and learn about the resurrection.

Will do, thanks anon.
>>
>>75206079
/pol/ is a christian board. atheists belong in more blue pilled sjw forums such as reddit/r/politicis, you'll find more support for your self-hatred there.
>>
>>75212736
the old "in and out" with a virgin or two is what he said he wanted...so megachurch it is!

thinking about joining now too :) thanks
t
>>
>>75212590
AYO WE WUZ KRIZCHUNZ N SHEEIT
>>
>>75212510
>Did God create the devil? No. End of story. Therefore, God did not create everything.
Don't worry about replying, since you're clearly out of your depth. However, I should just point out the slight problem that exists in your reasoning here:

>god created the angels
>lucifer was an angel

It seems that you want us to believe two things:

1. God is a shitty workman, since his angels are defective
2. God can't spot a disaster in the making since he chose to put dangerous shrubbery in easy reach of both his new creation and his old, defective one.

At this point, why exactly are we calling him god?
>>
>>75212333
>looking for a Protestant girl faking her faith

Enjoy your divorce. Roman life is the way to go boys and girls. My RCIA class was full of young, faithful, attractive women who seriously want to be a wife and mother.

When the lecturer was talking about the wife obeying her husband, and marriage for life no matter what all their pony tails were bobbing up and down like mad.

It was glorious. Hell, I've already got a chick trying to set me up with her friend. And I only got baptized on Pentecost.

Roman life for me. I have some qualifiers for sure.

>never been previously married
>never lived with a boyfriend
>no kids
>attends mass on her own accord
>must believe that divorce is an impossible solution
>must want kids
>parents must also be involved in the faith

That way, I have their backup if things get squirrely.
>>
>>75212922
You would have to go. Going to RCC or Orthodox Church is completely different from going to a protestant church. It's like going to a funeral vs a birthday party, (very crude, very exaggerated, but it will have to do).

I'm not saying it's impossible to find one that actually does, you can. If you really want to speak to someone that truly believes speak with the Pastor/Priest.
>>
>>75208261
Isn't one of the core points of orthodoxy that they already understand everything? I feel orthodox just 'gets it' and all the ritual is just the next level. I find in protestant churches the sermons are still trying to convince people Jesus are real.
>>
>>75212554
I think Lot knocking up his daughters was framed as a bad thing because I think the Moabites and Ammonites were bad guys. I'm not sure though. And anyway, Abram married his half-sister. Incest is alright with YWVH if it's certain kinds sometimes.
>>
>>75212736

>When you find a couple, check out their website and their statement of faith. Some statements of faith are founded upon biblical truths and every sentence will be backed up by scripture. I'd encourage you find a bible believing church that is serious about the word.

That's good to know, I'll start going through them. Is there anything else that might help in separating serious churches from the others?

>Of course, I would discourage you from going to a place like this with the intention of potentially compromising a girl's virginity.

Won't be an issue, I've always had pretty puritanical views about sex. I'm just at a point in my life where I'm on the crux of actually starting life, and can still date 18-20 year olds. We've all seen the statistics on promiscuity and marriage success rates, I just want to tip the odds in my favor. That and I'd prefer any children of mine get a faith-based upbringing regardless of my personal views.

>Churches always need help. You should have no trouble finding ways to help out around the church. Find a small - mid sized church. Couple hundred is good. When you reach megachurch, you'll hardly get to know anyone. People kinda just go in and out.

Noted. If I pick a church on the smaller end, is it recommended to talk with the priest first? Or should I just show up on a Sunday and work to integrate myself?

>>75212854

>I can only recommend the Army because it's the only church I have any experience attending.

What's it like?

>Just start at the beginning, don't listen to fucktards who say to start with the gospels. You don't start a book halfway through and you can't read about a guy's teachings without reading the stuff he's building off of.

Alright, I've actually usually heard to start with gospels, so I'll just discard that.

Thanks to both of you anons.
>>
>>75204644
Serious question

What denom?
Do you like it?
Any honest criticisms or pros/cons?
Can I get a qt at church?
>>
>>75213461
>protestors throw a party for the Stations of the Cross
>the Crucifixion is praised with wanton dancing and clapping
>snakes
>guitars and drums
>people talking during the Eucharistic Miracle
>>
File: Christ Chan 1.jpg (32 KB, 600x586) Image search: [Google]
Christ Chan 1.jpg
32 KB, 600x586
>>75213387

Aren't Catholics notorious for being sinful?

Also Catholics are shrinking in the west and their populations are aging. Meanwhile evangelical churches are young and women outnumber men.

I don't like where the Catholics are going with this new SJW pope bowing to Islamic invaders.
>>
>>75213237
Speak to a priest. All your questions stem from a several lack of study and understanding of the fundamentals. I am not insulting you, so I hope you do not take it that way. If you are really seeking genuine answers you should speak to a priest. Other wise you are just wasting your time on something you currently don't really care about. Although, you must care at least a little considering you are talking about it in the first place.
>>
Matthew 6:15
But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

If you hold someone's trespasses against them, you are marking them for death, as God's judgement will be called to repay the trespass. Essentially pointing at someone and saying "this person did this and it's unforgivable".

Here's an example in scripture; Numbers 12. Moses didn't think of holding a grudge against his friends for speaking to him in such a way, and pleaded with God for Miriam.

If you forgive them, they are not your enemy and there will be no hard feelings and you will be doing God's will. If you don't forgive people, you will be a hypocrite to ask God to forgive you, since you will not be willing to do the same for someone else.

I find it extremely difficult today to do this, you just have to turn on the news or come on /pol/ and see how many enemies of God there are.

But we are to pray for our enemies and those that hate us, including people like Hillary Clinton and George Soros, etc. God loves everyone, and those people need God just as much as we do.

Let's encourage each other in this difficult time, instead of arguing against each other and scoring points with insults, for they are really marks against ourselves.
>>
>>75213798
>Also Catholics are shrinking in the west and their populations are aging
To be fair, most people get a little shorter as they get older, so it's hardly surprising that an ageing population is shrinking.
>>
>>75210648
how the fuck would it be difficult? its fucking water. maybe if there were sharks swimming around i would get the hell out but i can swim so im jumping in to save someone. why is that so hard for you to decide?
>>
>>75213387
You meant that for

>>75212922

>>75213798
Everyone is sinful.
>>
>>75213871
You have twice now referred me to a priest. You clearly assume that I have never spoken to a priest, or had any experience of religion outside 4chan. You are sorely mistaken.
>>
>>75213510
>should I just show up on a Sunday and work to integrate myself?
That's always the best.
>What's it like?
It's pretty nice. Be warned, if you like things like baptism and communion it won't be so nice. If you like songs and doing charity it might be for you.
Just try it, we're fun.
>>
>>75213798
Yeah, Hollywood. Sure.

There are cultural Catholics and there are Romans. I'm a Roman. Attendance of Mass is mandatory. I usually go to Sunday Vigil, held on Saturday night.

Abortion is wasteful and killing our future. Homosexual fornication is wrong but so is fornication for straight people.

There are bad Catholics but honestly more teachers on America are fucking kids then Priests are.

Roman life is strict observance. And young people are eating it up like starving prisoners of progressive liberalism.
>>
>>75214111
nice holy trips, praise it

I've never understood how Jesus can simultaneously be a person like the rest of us, who died for us, as a human, when humans are inherently sinful? humans = sinful, jesus = perfect, jesus != human? can you explain this?
>>
File: 777.jpg (59 KB, 480x421) Image search: [Google]
777.jpg
59 KB, 480x421
>>75204644
Hello brothers!
I've always had my faith, even during very sinful times in my life. As of late, I have returned yet again and hopefully won't stray. Grew up in "nice" churches, but have been enjoying God's judgement stuff and hellfire. I'm not so afraid of hearing it anymore, feels good actually.
>>
>>75214313
>Attendance of Mass is mandatory
How many times a week do you attend mass?
>>
>>75214358
>We believe that in the person of Jesus Christ the Divine and human natures are united, so that He is truly and properly God and truly and properly man.
Basically it's a mystery and also stop thinking about it so hard.
>>
>>75209326
Yes it can, you dumb nigger.
>>
>>75214427
I attend Mass every single Sunday, or Sunday Vigil of course. No fail. I've gone out with friends on weekends and taken a break to attend Mass at other parishes.

Beyond that, I attend noon mass during the week, but not always. The key is, I honestly partake in partake in confessional before every Mass I attend.

The reason is I won't take Communion without being in am honest, righteous state of grace.
>>
>>75214019
For a man to be In danger of drowning the conditions are obviously not worthy of, it's just water. Water is extremely powerful and should not be underestimated. But hey, if you would jump in some scary stuff and try to save them, I commend you for it.
>>
>>75210648

>it would be difficult to decide whether or not to save someone from drowning?

Fucking why? Do you not know how to swim?

wait
>christian
>can't swim
>only has empathy because of gawd

oh nvm, you're a nigger arent you? should have figured.
>>
>>75214597
>understand the basic principle of christianity
>stop thinking
k
>>
>>75214221
God created everything that is good.
>>
>>75214358
He was God.
>>
>>75214714
maybe he cant swim you stupid fuck. it gives no context. if theres any way to save the dude without also dying, fucking do it stupid anon
>>
>>75204644
>You are free to insult me if you like.
>I will not insult you.´

wow, you are so superior to us. I am now a #jesusmissile
>>
>>75214767
And everything that was bad was created by?
>>
>>75214762
>>75214714
>>
File: Christ Chan 2.png (664 KB, 1267x1635) Image search: [Google]
Christ Chan 2.png
664 KB, 1267x1635
>>75214313

I don't get the distinction between Catholic and Roman. Is it a more hardcore group of Catholics? Sounds dope.

Also I'm just saying that there are so many lax Catholics and fundamentalists are usually evangelicals so I see them as more observant. Plus evangelicals have younger people, they're growing, and women outnumber men.

If you have more info on Roman life I'd take a look at it. My dad's Catholic and I frequented it when I was little. It'd be cool if they were devout and filled with qt's (Preferably white).
>>
>>75214860
He is more superior than you though.
Portuguese faggot, go back to eating from your dirty hole.
>>
>>75212917
When we discuss these topics on pol for example, you have people who are pretty vulgar and what not. Some more than others. Some people have a profound hatred for Christianity with no explanation. People like this can't really be reasoned with at that moment because they're simply not there.

>>75213510
>Is there anything else that might help in separating serious churches from the others?

Hmm, I guess when you actually go to a service, be mindful of what they're saying and if it can be backed up by scripture.

You can also set up a meeting with the preacher of said church you pick (if you're feeling bold & confident) to get to know him and ask some serious questions. If you make it known that you're looking for a serious bible believing church and ask questions that would reflect that, you'll get a good idea where they stand.

>Noted. If I pick a church on the smaller end, is it recommended to talk with the priest first? Or should I just show up on a Sunday and work to integrate myself?

If you disregard my previous statement on meeting with the preacher/priest, you can definitely just show up and integrate yourself from there. If you do want to speak to the preacher, it's very hard on Sundays. They've got so many people coming up to them.

So preacher - Best to set up a meeting
parishioners - after services, they should have receptions where the church can fellowship. In that case, it's very easy to get to know people. Be prepared to share alot about yourself. You'll get lots of questions mate. You'll be fine though :)
>>
>>75214860
The progressive left and atheism have no future.

Why? Birth rates friend. Leftists and atheists don't do strong, large healthy families. They do faggotry, Trans rights, anything that can undermine working trad values.

Trad values are what actually work.
>>
>>75204644
Lutheran groups have imported tens of thousands of Somalian into my city that was previously almost %100 white. Crime rates skyrocketed, rape and murder is common now. Certain areas of the city are no go zones for whites. So my question is why are Christians such irrational cucks?
>>
>>75214835
Oh so now this person can't swim instead of it being terrible conditions. Sure, that is an easy decision, you have little risk of also dying.

But what if that risk is there? What if that risk is great?
>>
>>75212966

>/pol/ is a christian board

remember the strawpoll family? /pol/ is at least half atheist.
>>
>>75214893
You tell me.
>>
>>75214990
He's got a disciple now.

>>75214998
How can a you believe in a good god and at the same time witness autism, small children with cancer, leukemia...

Surely children are inocent at birth/after bapthism?
>>
>>75215137
For now.
>>
>>75215078
It's the desire to help others. I understand it, but I think they should focus on the people already here that are in need of help.
>>
>>75215095
risk is always there. but it depends on the situation. if theres 20 sharks mauling the fucker, then sorry man, your god wants you dead. lol
>>
>>75215137
> /pol/ is at least half atheist.

That means half board still believes in fairy tales?
>>
File: yNlQWRM.jpg (23 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
yNlQWRM.jpg
23 KB, 480x270
>>75215170
>You tell me.
>>
>>75214983
>If you have more info on Roman life I'd take a look at it.
these are good primers:
http://www.fisheaters.com/differences.html
http://www.fisheaters.com/traditionalcatholicism.html
>>
>>75212966
>4chan
>christian

Pick one you fucking idiot
>>
>>75215061
meanwhile, in the real world, religious rates are dropping pretty much anywhere
>>
>>75215226
>name fag
>trip fag
>Portuguese fag

Shouldn't you be busy boarding up your sheet metal house?
>>
>>75215286
They seem to think that it is acceptable to lower everyone else's standard of living in order to fufil their own objectives. It is the same as the left increasing taxes to increase welfare. Christians are generous with the resorces and money of others.
>>
>>75215320
Not that extreme. Just rapids or a rough ocean. Is it so easy for you now? Even the best swimmers can perish very easily in the ocean.
>>
>>75214983
For me, it was a decision between Eastern Orthadox and Roman Catholicism. Byzantine or Roman lives.

There are a LOT of appealing parts of Orthadox for sure. Eastern Orthadox are the only faiths besides Coptics that can show a direct lineage back to Peter, whom Jesus chose to lead his Church.

I chose Roman life because of it's prominent position in my area and many more adherents. My Parish is very conservative and I like it that way.

I am not interested in what is called progress today. I want a system and a lifestyle proven to work for 2,000 years. And I found that in Roman life.

There are Catholics who only attend for Easter and Christmas. But they are cultural and not really living the Roman life.
>>
File: 712-48.jpg (34 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
712-48.jpg
34 KB, 640x360
>>75215444
nice trips boi

>being on 4chan and never going to any of the nsfw boards and jacking it to weird shit like a fucking degenerate

I'll take things that have never happened for 400 alex
>>
>>75215385
You say you have a much better understanding than I do. I am open to believing that is a possibility.

So explain to me.
>>
File: TN4anbW.jpg (56 KB, 800x598) Image search: [Google]
TN4anbW.jpg
56 KB, 800x598
>>75215137
even the atheists here recognize the merits of the church to a cohesive society, whereas atheists outside this board think it's literally the worst thing ever.
>>
>>75215478
We have actual brick houses here, not your cardboard ones. lol.

What is your obcession with the word fag? In my land it's says that those who obcess are curious...

>>75215487
> It is the same as the left increasing taxes to increase welfare.

This objectivily increases the living conditions of the majority(up t a certain point).
>>
>>75213576
Baptist

Yes

Off the bat, they are serious about the bible. I see this as a pro mind you. Cons? Can't think of any at the immediate moment

I find that girls who are serious about their faith are all the more attractive. Yes, to answer your question.
>>
>>75215078
Christians are mega-altruistic and also self-hating and they love out-groups.
I was at CHURCH camp while back and they were talking about how we need to send money to the Italy/Greece Territory to help with the refugee crisis. Mafe my blood boil.
>>
>>75215466
Not at my Shrine they are not.

Standing room only at any weekend Mass. Just the other week, Tuesday after Pentecost we inducted 127 Confirmation candidates. It was amazing seeing the seemingly never ending procession.

Young people are revolting from modernism and seeking refuge in traditional life.
>>
File: 1464309822099.jpg (189 KB, 1412x2000) Image search: [Google]
1464309822099.jpg
189 KB, 1412x2000
>>75215242

Nietzsche is a better role model than Jesus.

Religion is the ultimate cuckoldry. Everything you are is dictated by a "necessary" higher order. You ought to oust islam and degeneracy not because it is ungodly but because it is destructive and not in line with the future you have envisioned and intended to create for yourself.

To do anything less is cuck morality.

/pol/ will never stoop so low as to really worship a limp wristed kike on a stick. Fuck off your deus vult memes you LARPer.
>>
>>75215603
the church only has perceived merits to a cohesive society because society developed with it.
>>
>>75215703
Because you're a faggot! Everyone in your country is a faggot!
>>
>>75215226
I know that God has his purposes for everything, whether we see it or not.

I can rest in this knowledge.
>>
>>75215603
It did it's part and i will be forever gratefull for it. Now it's time to fade without violence to irrelevance, like it should happened long ago
>>
>>75215603

An institution acting as the glue to hold society together does not necessarily need to involve religion or god.
>>
Here in in the US religious institutions are not taxed I have a problem with this because they are a businesses plain and simple.

Convince me it's not a business.
>>
File: 1462021347868.jpg (212 KB, 1500x1002) Image search: [Google]
1462021347868.jpg
212 KB, 1500x1002
>>75215791
>implying society would be half as developed as it is now without religion

m8
>>
>>75215603
the benifits to society literally have nothing to do with whether or not god is real and christianity is true. If people need to believe in retarded fairy tales just to have a decent civilization then those people are fucked up to begin with
>>
>>75215791
It's been working for 2,000 years. The same values then apply today.

Don't steal, don't sleep with another man's wife. Marriage is a lifetime commitment. Usury is bad.

You're just a rebel against traditional values. You want some grand experiment that has never worked.
>>
>>75216050
those same values are seen in nature between other animals. morality doesn't require religion, it's built into genetics.
>>
>>75204644

I'm a Christian, it's very tough work to convert the unconverted.

Most youth go through a period of atheism, because they're in the prime of their life and think they know everything and smarter than everyone before them.

It's like health, a job, or a relationship, you take advantage of it until you lose it, then regret later that you didn't pay attention to all the signs leading up to losing it.

Only thing to do is lead by example and live a good life and be successful so people want to emulate you.
>>
>>75215703
>he said the word fag
>therefore the arguement is invalid
This is why people think you country is a Brazilian Provence
>>
>>75214407
Stay the course brother. It's worth it.

>James 1:12
Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.
>>
>>75215779
Spooky.
>>
>>75215995
You are an atheistic commie.

I understand, it's quite popular but doesn't work. What does work is organized church life centered around the family.

You know, families? The thing no one cares about in your circle of life?
>>
>>75215730
>Christians are mega-altruistic and also self-hating and they love out-groups.

My experience with them is precisely the contrary

>>75215798
You are right!! I am now heading to a gay bar and i will fuck with gays in the bathroom

>>75215897
What kind of sick, twisted purpose has god with making a child born only to die at 4 year old in a extremely painfull way? what kind of mericifull god makes a child born with severe autism? That child will be completely unable to experience happiness i her life,a nd it will be a huge drain in parents life. God, you christians are disgusting.

Nature is sick and twisted, but you guys trying to explain with with "god as a purpose" is literally enraging
>>
>>75215595
>God created all that was created, according to the bible. There are no get-out-clauses in Genesis.
>Lucifer existed
>Therefore god created him
>Lucifer rebelled against god
>Therefore god created something that was capable of defying him

This goes back to your earlier assertion:

>Sin was not created by God (>>75211810)
If god created a creature capable of sinning, surely he created sin? If defying god is not a sin, what then is?
>>
>>75216010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU3qnZa00Iw
maybe this will convince you :^)
>>
>>75204644
So, I'm being hones here, having looked at this rightly and with intelligence. Why is this view on the matter strange to Christianity?

Should be worked on more synchronisation with this view?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSnIHLVa2Qw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IivaDS3eWrE
>>
>>75215995
Every civilization has had some sort of God they worshiped, so far it has been necessary.
>>
>>75216163
We call it God's law. There is man's law and then there is the indisputable natural law.

However, atheism and your progressive liberalism do not value the family unit. In Roman life, the family is the foundation of the Church. So much so that at my Shrine, the sisters act as matchmakers for the congregation.

Have you ever been set up to flirt with a girl by a Nun? I have. They WANT their flock to happily marry a day breed. It's their job to make it happen. Modern culture is no place to begin or raise a strong healthy family, we both know that.

Roman life certainly is.
>>
>>75216392
Name a hinese god they worshipped in their empire.
>>
>>75216589
*chinese
>>
>>75216183
>Most youth go through a period of atheism

No, it's not a period.

>>75216204
What argument? And he said the word fag 3 times in 6 words

Why do you hate me bro?
>>
>>75216392
>Every civilization has had some sort of God they worshiped,

except that's not true. confucianism, jainism, taoism, buddhism are non-theistic religions.
>>
>>75216343
That child may move a town to raise awareness for autism throughout the country. It may bring a family closer together.

You have a narrow way of looking at these situations. You only focus on the negative. You won't get far looking at things from one perspective.
>>
>>75216351
https://carm.org/questions/about-god/did-god-create-sin
>>
File: Christ Chan 3.jpg (2 MB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
Christ Chan 3.jpg
2 MB, 2000x2000
>>75215420

Thanks anon, I'll look into it. Hope I can find a traditionalist catholic church should I decide to take the plunge.
>>
>>75215603
Religion creates cohesion between members of the religion, not members of society. We see societies divided by religion throughout history.

What binds societies together is a pride in and dedication to the community and the country.
>>
>>75216876
He is rebellious. It's common among the young.

But he does know God, even talks to God in times if need. He wouldn't be here arguing if it were otherwise

Tell me about Ephesians 6 12.
>>
>>75216613
There are 110 of them. Google if you don't believe me.

>>75216734
And what ancient civilization are they a part of?
>>
>>75206487
Not op, but people ask this shit all the time, God gave us free will to do what we want, if he was to interfere with everything it would essentially take that away, catholisiam ftw bitches
>>
>>75216956
Find out where your local RCIA is being held. The Rites of Christian Initiation for Adults is a great history lesson, moral debate, dating meetup and all around good time.
>>
>>75216876
>That child may move a town to raise awareness for autism

So the painful burden imposed by God will inspire people to be aware of the other painful burdens imposed by God. Nice.
>>
>>75217089
India, China and Japan
>>
>>75217013
I'm a Roman, I have a global community that spans all countries.
>>
>>75216876
>That child may move a town to raise awareness for autism

Well, that is great. So a mercifull god just sent a child to die young, painfully before she his 3 so her death, when the almighty go could just wipe out autism and cancer. Great.

>It may bring a family closer together.

wat? So you are telling me that a 5 year old in a hospital, screaming to his parents to "Make it stop" because they don't have sedatives powerfull enough to the child survive will make the family closer? What kind of twisted movies have you been watching?
>>
>>75204644
What was the point of Jesus being crisified? Christians like to tell how cool it was, but why? Whatever was achieved through his sacrifice could be achieved as easily without it if he was God.
>>
>>75216204
And people like you is why America abroad is considered one of the countries with the dumbest average population
>>
>>75216269

Commie? No. Socialist? Sure, a strong state for my nation and my people, not as a hand out for every shitskin and dindu that comes begging for dem programs.

What the fuck exactly are you then, that you think you need to believe in magic beings in the sky are the only reason we are able to function as a society? Are you that much of a nigger that without the threat of eternal damnation you'd sperg out and fuck everything up? Rapture yourself, faggot.
>>
>>75217240
All had Gods they worshiped. Especially during the early stages.
>>
>>75216876
>You only focus on the negative.

So do tell me the positive of having a child that will never have a friend in her whole life. Of a child that will always be a burden to those around her. And it's not her fault.
>>
>>75217031
I tried to be Christian. But i can't believe in a god after watching so many shit. And holier then thou attitude by christians never helped
>>
>>75217280
lol
>>
>>75217315
We all owe a debt to God. Jesus paid it for us. That is the most simple way I can put it.
>>
>>75217317
Boa noite. Que fazes aqui numa quinta á noite?
>>
>>75217343
Fuck yourself with a rake you nigger loving transy prostitute :)

But actually, the funny thing about prayer and receiving blessings is... wait for it... they work. I know, I'm crazy.

But the things that I pray for are manifesting. I won't presume to try to convince you that it's because a higher power than humanity is making it happen.

I'll just tell you that it works. I look forward to Mass every time, because it is calming or uplifting. Peaceful or provocative. I've never once regretted attending Mass or participating in Roman life.

It works.
>>
>>75217487
Don't try it, live it.

It's not new shoes or a fad. It's a 2,000 year old way of life that works.
>>
>>75217368
>All had Gods they worshiped.

Not really

some people in these countries worshipped gods, some didn't. Even hinduism has atheist beliefs incorporated in it
>>
>>75217169
Glad it's been going well for people.
>>
>>75217031
Because we know that this is the devil's playground, it shouldn't be surprising that society will continue to spiral. A lot of the discussions in the political sphere and our nations can be understood based on one's understanding of the bible in light of the topic being discussed. At the core, regard for the bible is dismissed entirely. We're in a spiritual fight. I may have responded to this verse earlier in the thread as well. Hope I helped somewhat.
>>
>>75216370
>So, I'm being hones here
I missed a "t" here

>>75216204
A typo could also be an argument for the whole message not counting.

Anyway, I am someone that can be respected as any church visitor that is respected in that way, being an actual part of it. And of course I know the relevant things.
>>
>>75217822
Now they do.
>>
File: Christ Chan 4.png (133 KB, 525x585) Image search: [Google]
Christ Chan 4.png
133 KB, 525x585
>>75217169

How can I tell if the RCIA is a traditionalist one?

Also you guys don't use contraceptives right? Do you use the rhythm method or is that just the "cultural catholics".
>>
>>75216566
this has to be a troll. holy shit
>>
>>75217822
And look at India today. Still pagan and still a backwards mass of lost humanity with pockets of organization.

Most of India today is carrying on exactly how it was 2,000 years ago.

Meanwhile, Christians put a flag on the Moon.
>>
>>75217796
And do what? Go to mass and pretend a heaven his waiting for me? The thing about mental manipulation is whenever you actually know them and understand them, you are pratically imune to them.
>>
What are some things I should be doing as somebody who has just returned to the church?

How do I pray? Should I just get some rosary beads and pray with them or do I spend time praying for things I would like to see happen?

Also anything I should read?
>>
File: crusades.jpg (155 KB, 770x439) Image search: [Google]
crusades.jpg
155 KB, 770x439
>>75209326

There are some interpretations that say that evolution is just how humans can comprehend God's creation. The whole "seven days" with Adam and Eve isn't taken literally by these people, myself included. It's more of a parable to me and it makes sense (women are more easily corrupted, and men follow them in that corruption).
>>
>>75217691
>they work.
Are there double blind trials proving it?
>>
>>75217691

oh I see. Bait. My fault.
>>
>>75218009
>Most of India today is carrying on exactly how it was 2,000 years ago.

>Meanwhile, Christians put a flag on the Moon.

Do you really want to play this game? Because the first man in the space was an atheist, and even in America the poorest states happen to be the most religious ones.
>>
>>75216183
Never forget, it is Christ who converts the uncovered.

>Jonah 2:9
But I with the voice of thanksgiving will sacrifice to you; what I have vowed I will pay. Salvation belongs to the LORD!”

Our job is to disperse the seed, share the gospel, pray for those. I hear what you're saying though.
>>
>>75217888
In Roman life, fornication does not happen. When you marry, and it's only a matter of time, then you will not use contraception.

Because Roman life involves breeding as it's most basic tenet. Go forth, and multiply. He didn't say stop lol.

So when you are sleeping with your wife and sexing her up you won't be using a condom or birth prevention. Because you're supposed to have kids.

And be a Father. And protect and provide for YOUR family.
>>
File: view of st. mary's.jpg (119 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
view of st. mary's.jpg
119 KB, 620x387
>>75204644
It's 3:40 am here and I can't sleep. I have an appointment with a doctor in the city. It takes about 2 hours to travel there. (Newcastle upon Tyne) I'm very nervous. I get results from blood tests.
I'm terrified as this condition is life threatening. It's cancer. I'm a single dad with two kids (wife died in a car crash, 2012).
I can't leave this life yet. I have to provide for my kids - daughter is 17, son is 8. I don't want to die yet as they rely on me.

I'm in tears typing this. I need some more years of life. Thankfully, my girlfriend will meet me at the train station as she lives there. I'll spend the weekend with her. My mother will make sure the kids are OK in my absence.

I haven't told my kids yet. I'm very afraid about today. It'll be a case of "you've got two years" or "you're clear".
But I place my trust in God. And I pray. Pic is my church. It's very old. I went in today to light a candle and pray. The silence helps me focus and direct my attention. The peace and quiet is is wonderful. Peace to you.
>>
File: 22.jpg (76 KB, 500x398) Image search: [Google]
22.jpg
76 KB, 500x398
>>75218009
Our godless commie robots were there first.
>>
>>75205173

Atheism doesn't mean you immediately believe in evolution, and it especially doesn't mean you become a selfish cold asshole.
>>
>>75216370
>>75217877
I think this sort of thing can go slow. I will repost in a new Christ thread.

I am thinking of how not synchronising this could EVER rhyme with the great commandment.
>>
how do you know God exists?
>>
>>75218056
Just use the Lords prayer to get you started, God will give you what you need.
>>
>>75217208
>>75217286

In a world riddled with sin (that we are accountable for), yes, God will straighten that which is crooked. God will make a way where there is no way. God's ways are not our ways.
God knows the beginning from the end. We know neither. How can you or I judge God? On what basis?
>>
>>75218096
You want to fling insults, you get insults.

You want respect then give it. The thing is, I know exactly what atheistic progressive liberalism has to offer you.

Divorce, abortion, homosexuality. No guarantee that your wife will be there next week. You have no real idea of what Roman life has to offer you.

If you did you would be running, not walking to them.
>>
>>75218331

Praying wont do you anything.
>>
>>75218356
Oh right, the USSR.

Well the Russian people turned their backs on God. And so God turned his back on the Russian people ;)
>>
>>75218443
christians don't know God exists. they believe in the existence of God, which is different.
>>
File: 1435897139924.jpg (32 KB, 552x624) Image search: [Google]
1435897139924.jpg
32 KB, 552x624
>>75218501
>atheistic progressive liberalism

who the fuck is talking about progressivism or liberalism? Fuck off you dumbass.
>>
File: Christ Chan 5.jpg (56 KB, 500x493) Image search: [Google]
Christ Chan 5.jpg
56 KB, 500x493
>>75218282

How can I afford a large family though?
>>
>>75204644
I feel like out of all the denominations I've seen. Waldenisan really speaks to me the most. Am I a filthy heretic?
>>
>>75218331
Thank you for this brother.
Continue to trust in God and find rest in him. I can't relate or begin to understand what you're going through but am praying for you.
>>
>>75218677
How can you tie your shoes? You do what you have to do.

Be a man.
>>
>>75218443
I would say that arguments for divine conservation generally assert theism. Going from the details from that to specifically Christianity is a much bigger thing but generally you can get the basics of the Christian lifestyle down through philosophical work.
>>
>>75204644

>God is omnipotent
>God created all
>God created Lucifer
>Lucifer rebelled against God
>A requirement of being omnipotent is knowing any and everything before it happens.
>Therefore, God knew full well that Lucifer would become Satan.

Explain why you don't think God is the creator of evil.
>>
>>75205173
>selflessness is inconsistent with atheistic Darwinism

>not understanding the benefits of cooperation

If selflessness isn't of evolutionary benefit to a population, then why do multicellular organisms exist in the first place? Do you really think biologists just overlooked that?
>>
>>75218331
Regardless, you must trust that everything will turn out right for your kids. As long as one lives a righteous life, thy will be rewarded. Find the inner love.

Everything will be alright.

Trust the Lord.
>>
>>75218642
So what values do you hold if any?
>>
>>75218331
Sorry bro, just stay faithful. God will take care of you and he will take care of your children. Will it be easy or perfect? No, but keep your faith and you will be OK! Even when I have hated God when my father and my best friend of 20 years died, I did not lose my faith. Stay strong! I will pray for you.
>>
>>75218490
fuck you with you shitty speech. Go preach to midless retards.
> How can you or I judge God? On what basis?

Because according to you fuckers, he made my cousin autistic so she serves a purpose. And i find it sickening, especially the shit she goes trough.

>>75218566
On a personal level, it actually can.
>>
>>75204644
How do Christians willingly go against the word of their messiah by preaching hatred and violence? I find more Christians follow the Old Testament than the new one
>>
>>75218490
So these children born with horrible birth defects that kills them in a week are just paying for all the sins they commit in the womb?
>>
File: Christ Chan 6.jpg (51 KB, 580x606) Image search: [Google]
Christ Chan 6.jpg
51 KB, 580x606
>>75218836

But cost of living is going up and I'm only 21. In several years I could probably earn enough to comfortably support 2-3 kids as long as my spouse also did some work. I can't pop out like 6 kids.
>>
>>75218854
What proof is there to go existence?
>>
>>75219099
god existence
>>
>>75218331
>having kids

you also mentioned girlfriend so you obviously divorced or you're not married with the women which you made kids with - heretical on all levels, enjoy eternal hell - your cancer is punishment here on earth to suffer less in hell.

You're also member of an cultist church.
>>
>>75219241
she died on a car crash. he wrote it in the post.
>>
>>75219241
You didn't read his post. He is widowed, not divorced.
>>
>>75218490
>How can you or I judge God? On what basis?
Well you guys judge him to be good somehow.
>>
File: interior.jpg (133 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
interior.jpg
133 KB, 640x480
>>75218566
It focuses my attention on God, and gives me peace. It is a form of deep meditation, spiritual nurturing for the soul.
Prayer is very powerful as it gives a connection to the Creator.
The pic is inside my church. It's always open. People have prayed there for over 900 years.
>>
>>75218904

Mostly the same things you do. I wouldn't be on this board if I didn't.

But I also believe in reason and truth. Knowledge is the greatest aspiration of a great people. And although I want a better life for my people, to do so under the guise of a lifestyle and set of beliefs I know can never be substantiated nor is likely to be true is not worth it. It's a lie, and a life built on a lie is not a life at all. Yeah, I believe we ought to stamp out degeneracy and make a future for ourselves worth living. But I also believe in replacing churches with libraries, even if that may be the harder route to take.
>>
>>75219452
dank church, bro
>>
>>75219241
He's widowed you jackass
>>
>>75218331
Cancer isn't necessarily a death sentence. Depending on what kind of cancer and how early it was detected, it may be a very simple treatment.
>>
>>75218974
I'm sorry that your cousin is going through what she's going through. Here in Canada, they're getting rid of therapy that would potentially help kids with autism over the age of 5 indefinitely. You may get mad at God just like I might get mad at the government but unlike the government, I know that God's purposes are for good. We will all experience hardships in this world, they will only pile on as we grow older. Appreciate your cousin and the time you have with her.
>>
Does it trigger you that this board >>>/lgbt/ exist?
>>
>>75218858
Lucifer rebelled.
Lucifer is not God.
Lucifer acted on his on will.
>>
File: 1405987023594.jpg (51 KB, 700x519) Image search: [Google]
1405987023594.jpg
51 KB, 700x519
>>75215510
I swam in the ocean 42 miles off the coast in 15 foot high waves. If you aren't retarded you won't drown.

If the guys in a whirlpool, no one is going to save him regardless of religion. If its just some dude drowning in a lake or off the coast id jump in and make an attempt to save him, not a big fucking deal.

Its not hard to asess the risk level of waters based on a quick glance at how turbulent they are. You sound like a fucking panzy. Lol

Either that or youre just a woman.
>>
I've been in a very tough situation for a half a year, I'm trying to reconnect with God but I feel like I'm being punished for my sins. I'm on the verge of being homeless in Cleveland and I can't find any jobs whatsoever. I'm surrounded by people who want to rob and kill me and I feel like every day I spend in this city is purgatory. How do I keep true to God even though eveything around me is slowly falling apart?
>>
>>75219452
I hope muslims won't turn it into halal meat shop like they do in Sweden.
>>
>>75219641
Does it trigger you that your twice the faggot anyone on /lgbt/ will ever be?
>>
>>75219580
Bt what is the point of autistic childs? What have they done to deserve such a heavy burden? Surely god has the power to not create more autistic childs. So why does he insist on making them? and at a higher rate? And how do you call the fucker a mercifull, kind and good god?

You can save your crocodile tears for yourself. Only those that live with with can actually feel sorry.
>>
>>75219070
In some cases, that may be all they know.
>>75219072
We are born in sin.
>>
>>75218331
Maybe this is interesting. They do it during the day, this exact sort of thing on a channel. (What I would prefer or a sunday service)

Maybe as a reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hnj3lp6Q2AA

I don't know if you are still there?
>>
>>75219713
So you can blame me on sins of grandpa Adam but can't blame God on what his rebellious son Lucifer is doing?
>>
>>75219865
>We are born in sin.
I'm sorry I'm a white male, laqueesha, here are your reparations.
>>
>>75219713
why did god not stoped him?
>>
what is your favorite bible verse (if you have one)?
>>
>>75219865

>god sends deformed babies to hell because muh original sin

truly a god worth worshipping
>>
File: IT NEVER ENDS.jpg (2 MB, 2700x6826) Image search: [Google]
IT NEVER ENDS.jpg
2 MB, 2700x6826
>>75219099
While asserting Christianity takes quite a few arguments, asserting theism with a god with elements very much like how God is conceived by Apostolic Christianity is commonly done through argument for the world's continuance.

Look at pic related. It's a basic version of the cosmological argument and layers of back and forth from atheist dissenters and Christian proponents. Note that the discussion - and the first part of the picture - warn that we're not talking about causation in a timely sense. This isn't about a "before the Big Bang" - in fact the vast majority of cosmological arguments aren't talking about causation in-time but sustaining causation. In the discussion of sustaining causation there are two major views:

>Divine Conservation: That things ultimately do rely on something outside of itself for its own existence constantly. Details of what that is and why that is are derived from the individual arguments themselves.

>Existential Inertia: That things ultimately move and exist on their own and don't need outside causation. How that works and why that is are derived from individual arguments themselves.

I would say, as would many others, that the Divine Conservation position is actually fleshed out and sound, unlike the opposite view which usually has little to no argument for itself but amount to just a denial of Divine Conservation in everything I've read on the topic.
>>
>>75219904
Ew, the other link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0ubxRyA32c

We should really chat somewhere else

If you have a big problem now and have some sort of focus of this sort of thing, this could be a problem. i know some other thing too.
>>
>>75219960
Read Master and Margarita.
Satan is the creepy guy with the glasses in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
I hope that helped.
>>
I am an Episcopalian Protestant (Murican protestants that cut ties with the church of England ) and while the congregation I'm a part of has a lot of nice people, its increasingly liberal, to the point where my choir had a concert with a few other churches and a jewish group in which a black female preacher had the fucking gal to talk about "White privilege" and other lefty bullshit. A lot of my views are not as to the right as /pol/ especially on race relations but that was blood boiling. I've always been interested in the Eastern Orthodox church and I was wondering if someone tell me how and if its any different then my liberal church.
>>
>>75219713

.>Lucifer rebelled
Yes
>Lucifer is Not God
Yes
>Lucifer acted on his own will
Technically no, but you're missing the problem of my argument:

If I'm the President of the United States (metaphorical God of Creation), and I create something that has the ability to destroy (metaphorical corrupt) the country FULL WELL KNOWING THAT IT WILL, 100% GUARANTEED, DESTROY THE COUNTRY, am I not responsible?
>>
>>75220025
It's 4 am, i'm not gonnar read it. And even if it wasn0t so late, i probaly wouldn't read it anyway.

So your argument is what?
>>
>>75219860
I'm sorry, I can't answer that question.
Yes, he does. With that being said, he has a purpose.

God gives us life, something we don't deserve. We all suffer and yet he still provides for us.
Would you rather see your cousin dead then the state she's currently in right now?

It's easy to blame God. God has done and continues to do a lot in your life that you either knowingly or unknowingly overlook. I just hope that you come to see his goodness and mercy.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.