[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /pol/ think of peak oil?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: West_Texas_Pumpjack.jpg (417 KB, 2576x1932) Image search: [Google]
West_Texas_Pumpjack.jpg
417 KB, 2576x1932
What does /pol/ think of peak oil?
>>
meme shit.
>>
>>75174353
Do you believe petroleum is a renewable resource?
>>
what keeps usa alive. Hope the oily bubble ends soon.

>b-but

get gassed
>>
>>75174537
Build wall
>>
>>75174435
there used to be talks how 150USD will be the end of society, then fracking became affordable for companies, then usa start fracking, saudis didn't wanted this, so they flooded the market, now it's 35USD, venezuela and oil exporters failed, the world crashed, the world consumed less oil.

Peak oil simply means when more expensive oils become affordable like canadian oil and deep ocean and antartic oil.

Plus there's enough reserves to last until renevables are cheap enough to change so all changes to renewables.

Plus oil can be produced at labs.
>>
>>75174776
Does that mean that Colombia is f*cked then?

Now that oil crashed, Colombia barely grows in terms of GDP per capita.
>>
>>75174776
So you agree that oil is not renewable but "muh cost effective alternatives" will miraculously appear to save the day, and you think synthetic oil can be produced in sufficient quantities to meet global demand?

You're the one who's meme-tier
>>
I'll step aside and watch the money jews tear eachother to shreds.

I guess if they could foresee oil the could probably foresee the rest.
>>
>>75172838
A tale told by idiots, signifying nothing.

Global oil production follows global oil demand with a bit of a lag because of drilling and r&d time. Oil production was declining because oil demand was falling due to increased efficiencies. Then China and India came out of the stone age and a few years later after getting new oil leases and ramping up drilling oil production went up again. Big surprise to peak oilers who cried nu uh unconventional oil, fracking. Bitch we've been fracking for 50 years, you only think its unconventional cause of your ignorance.
>>
>>75175030
unlike venezuela, we're not 98% dependant on oil, so we can take measures to maniuver.
I'm sure our goverment isn't retarded as fuck as maduro is.

>>75175071
oil is the cheapest energy source, it's literally just drilling a hole and sucking it.

If there's enough demand to make it profitable oil companies will move towards other forms of energy production.

problem is, oil still is cheaper than those.

we could power the world with fucking solar farms in deserts.
I dunno, but renewables only become competitive if oil it's like 150USD.
>>
>>75174629
That Italy not mejico
>>
>>75175755
Build rome wall
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.