[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Public transit fares in North American cities
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: toronto public transit fares.png (35 KB, 634x583) Image search: [Google]
toronto public transit fares.png
35 KB, 634x583
Why is it so expensive?
>>
File: New York MTA fares.png (30 KB, 735x325) Image search: [Google]
New York MTA fares.png
30 KB, 735x325
New York
>>
File: MARTA (Atlanta) fares.png (11 KB, 601x263) Image search: [Google]
MARTA (Atlanta) fares.png
11 KB, 601x263
>>
File: file.png (36 KB, 697x376) Image search: [Google]
file.png
36 KB, 697x376
170 yen is about 1.59 USD

Notice Tokyo Metro charges by distance traveled, not a flat fee, which means that short distance travelers are not subsidizing long-distance travelers like almost all North American transit systems (notable exception being BART which charges by distance).
>>
Do they give free rides to the "poor"?
Need security everywhere due to shitskins

Like any government organization theres going to probably unnecessary overhead costs

It isn't really that expensive though
>>
>>75156009
Traveling by car is shit too. You get fucked by 14$ tolls every 5 miles.
>>
>>75157362
Does the TTC give out free tickets to welfare recipients?

I've never heard of such schemes.
>>
>>75156143
New yorker here.

Shit is bullshit. Trains are not no time enough for the constant increase in price.
>>
>>75156442
DC Metro charges by distance too.

It's completely fucked after years of not maintaining it after 1990s affirmative action got nogs into management roles though.
>>
>>75157799
I think you need to learn why we have the words "highway" and "freeway", and how to use them.
>>
>>75158215
Blame:

1. Construction companies who are using hordes of lawyers to Jew MTA out of money.

2. MTA union that demands MTA continue to employ three conductors on lines that are fully automated and only needs one worker who just checks there isn't someone stuck between the doors before the train leaves the station.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2012-08-26/u-s-taxpayers-are-gouged-on-mass-transit-costs
>>
>>75158611
>Littlefield also argues that judges in New York routinely side with contractors in disputes with the Metropolitan Transportation Authority. “In the private sector, if you rob your customer, you will suffer a hit to your reputation and possible losses in the courts,” he said in an interview. “Not so if you rob an agency like the MTA. Then it’s all rights and no responsibilities.”

>The MTA must continue to award contracts to the lowest-price bidder, and without the ability to hold bad contractors accountable, Littlefield said, the agency turns to “writing longer and longer and longer contracts, expressly prohibiting every way it has been ripped off in the past.” The byzantine contracts that come out of this process drive entrants away, limiting competition and pushing up costs.
>>
Join the horde of people driving cheap decade-old shitboxes from Asia that get 35+mpg, i.e. the corolla club, or if you like trucks the tacoma club, or if you need an SUV the CR-X club.

Any 2000-2005 model will be cheap, last 300k+ miles if you take care of it, get great mpg, and be dirt cheap to repair anything that breaks.

Then you can laugh at every retard who is forced to live in areas where niggers are moving in because they chose to allocate more to a car payment than their housing.
>>
File: REACH THE SKY WITH METH.jpg (42 KB, 720x202) Image search: [Google]
REACH THE SKY WITH METH.jpg
42 KB, 720x202
Things cost money you idiot
>>
>>75158033
No but TTC operators are told to not cause a scene when people get on without paying.

It was in the Metro and 24 about a year ago
>>
>>75158813
In the long run it's considerably cheaper for me to pick up a $1500 shitbox 90s Ford than a $2500 shitbox 2000's hondotasan.

The marginal decrease in gas usage is offset by repair complexity, ricer tax and part cost. Simply not worth it
>muh 6 gorillion miles
Anything lasts long when maintained. I've never had an american motor fail at 200k miles or beyond, it's the rest of the car that goes (like anything else you would drive)
>>
>>75159057
Wasn't that because some nig shot a TTC streetcar driver in the eye couple years back?

Now, he lost an eye, and will be on disability for the rest of his life (he was only in his mid-30s), costing TTC million+.
>>
>>75159227
I'm not sure. I never heard that story.
>>
YRT (York Region Transit) is $4 , all you Toronto niggers stop whining.
>>
>>75159362
Shalom.
>>
>>75159362
Nobody told you to elect retards who sold your bus transit system to the French.
>>
>>75159663
No I did.
Sorry
>>
>>75156009
I live in Guelph, Ontario. Part of our problem is the fucking unions. They're more than willing to hold people's ways of life hostage so they can get more money instead of just being happy with the living wage they earn. I bike everywhere, so I was laughing my ass off when I heard the mayor was willing to let the bus strike from 2 years ago go on until the union ran out of money from the lack of dues being paid. This could have lasted for 5 months, but that announcement certainly cut things pretty short. From what I heard, the union settled for what was originally offered to them and the strike.

Another part of the problem is Guelph Transit, itself. They keep making decisions that waste all kinds of money (like putting bike racks on every bus, each one barely getting any use) and piss off all the drivers (like the bus route overhaul that came with a heads-up of maybe a week or two). It's no goddamn wonder they were in the hole for $50,000 back in/around 2009. For the record, I'm not sure of that $50k was their total debt or that year's deficit.
>>
Because if you can't afford a car you deserve to be jewed
>>
>>75160299
>Another part of the problem is Guelph Transit, itself. They keep making decisions that waste all kinds of money (like putting bike racks on every bus, each one barely getting any use) and piss off all the drivers (like the bus route overhaul that came with a heads-up of maybe a week or two). It's no goddamn wonder they were in the hole for $50,000 back in/around 2009. For the record, I'm not sure of that $50k was their total debt or that year's deficit.

Sounds like Oakville. Also we have quite large busses driving around at off-peak hours and they're always empty. What a waste of resources
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.