[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zb GlDMF7HQ are the points
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8
File: Finland-US.jpg (34 KB, 367x234) Image search: [Google]
Finland-US.jpg
34 KB, 367x234
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZbGlDMF7HQ

are the points abouts American education true? you have multiple choice questions? You're being trained to take a test?
>>
>>75114936
>blocked in America
wew
also your picture is fucking bullshit
>>
File: race mix man.jpg (9 KB, 299x325) Image search: [Google]
race mix man.jpg
9 KB, 299x325
>>75114936
>finland makes learning fun
>everyone still commits suicide
>probably because they have less olympic hockey golds than great britain

laine a shit
>>
>>75115187
It's rather difficult to get into uni in Finland so a lot of people end up not going. Those are the depressed ones.
>>
>>75114936
video is blocked in the US
>>
>>75115263
except that Finland has one of the highest levels of higher education. Even if it's thought, people dont 'give up.
>>
>>75115335
well fuck my thread then
>>
>>75115412
you tried.
>>
>>75114936
Schools are not for learning, everyone forgets 99% of what they learned after the holidays.
They are a sive for intelligent and deteminated people

All it does its signalling that you have some ethics to a future employer
>>
>>
>>75114936
It's certainly true that we do more than you, and that's reflected in our real incomes.
But since you should be homeschooling your children unless you're an idiot what's the relevance?
>>
>>
>>75114936
If you aggregate by race whites compete with Finland.
>>
File: and finland loses again.png (31 KB, 339x294) Image search: [Google]
and finland loses again.png
31 KB, 339x294
>kimi raikkonen will never win
>finland will never win hockey gold
>laine will commit suicide in winnipeg
>puljujarvi will commit suicide because torts will bully him

AND FINLAND LOSES AGAIN
>>
>>75115362
I know, here it's the opposite - very easy to get in, difficult to stay in. Means over a third end up dropping out usually - rates of 66% aren't uncommon either.
A friend of mine was one of 2 people out of 33 to graduate from his class.
>>
>>75114936
Yes. School here is just babysitting until college, which is more babysitting until they go home to parent's basement and whine about lack of participation trophies from life.
>>
>>75115866
I think you got lost:
>>>/sp/
You're welcome.
>>
File: 2012-PISA-rank-6nC.png (136 KB, 416x1349) Image search: [Google]
2012-PISA-rank-6nC.png
136 KB, 416x1349
>blaming the schools for black people being shit
>>
How many niggers and spics does Finland have?
I bet a single california school has more then the whole country.
>>
>>75115911
perhaps the level of expectation should be high always... more motivated students.
>>
>>75116000
>going to post-2012 /sp/

I'm not retarded anon
>>
File: Michael-Moore.jpg (1 MB, 1500x999) Image search: [Google]
Michael-Moore.jpg
1 MB, 1500x999
>>75115096
it's from his new movie
>>
>>75116114
What happened in 2012?
>>
File: 1459548297070.jpg (98 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
1459548297070.jpg
98 KB, 500x354
Welcome to government overreach.
>School funding directly correlates to student performance
>Teaching children is now too much of a financial risk
>Just have them memorize the answers to a test you'll give them next month or risk getting your funding cut off
If a student needs additional help, they just punt them into dumber classes, because a teacher taking the time to help that student once again raises the risk of funding cuts.
>>
>>75114936

Public schools in America are legitimately juvenile prisons dressed up as schools. Their function is to keep the "children" busy or at least contained during the day, and that's it. Anybody with any options sends their kid to a private or Catholic school (the government in many places actually gives out vouchers so they can afford this, that's how much of a joke public schools are over here).
>>
>>75114936
High school is like that, college isn't. Worst part about high school is that it doesn't prepare you for college. I aced the ACT and SAT because it's just elimination but in college you get a 3-problem exam with 3 blank spaces.
>>
>>75116231
>If a student needs additional help, they just punt them into dumber classes
It should be like that. I hated it when there were 1-2 retards in the class and we couldn't move forward until they learned it.
And it's not like they're going to use math anyway
We should selected the retard and geniuses at younger age teach the retards to do manual work and smart kids science
>>
People confuse the cause-effect relationship with education. Dumb people never really become all that intelligent, and smart people would either do well in school or realize how stupid it is and not give a shit anyway. Overall most educational systems are just a waste of shit which could be better allocated towards specific trades, engineering, etc.
>>
>>75115802
>>75115664
List of modern Asian inventions:
Playstation
???
Toilet that squirts water in different directions up your ass
>>
>>75116792
Or alternatively teach your own kids.
>>
>>75114936
Find the books Facing Reality In American Education and Gatto's Secret History.
>>
>>75116231
As much as I'd like that it will never happen in any Western country. All of the shitty minority students would fail miserably and bitch about discrimination and such. Also, the parents of retards are likely retards themselves and would just bitch nonstop about how they're children were being 'hindered' because they were retarded.
>>
>>75116020
What the fuck is going on in Peru?
>>
The system itself sucks. It only produces equally dumb people. For example in the US there might be a lot of retards and bad schools, but at the same time the private schools etc. produces quality students and that's what matters.

And that's why US universities are top in the world while ours are mediocre even in the Europe because this system doesn't encourage the smart kids, everything is about equality and teaching goes slowly because the retard of the class has to learn too
You don't need to teach every kid calculus or hard physics, they don't need it
>>
Urgh, I can't watch more than ten seconds his voice just annoys me.
>>
>>75116792
No, I mean say a student is having trouble with one part of trig or something, instead of saying "Come by after school and I'll give you a hand with what you're stuck on" the student just gets punted down to algebra 2, which they ace, and the school gets to say "See? We taught this student well!"
>>
>>75115772
>reflected in our real incomes.

don't the Finnish have a higher average income and higher quality of life? I mean before they had to take in bazillions of the horde
>>
>>75116231
>>Teaching children is now too much of a financial risk

it's not even about teaching it's about training people to accept authority

the problem is we have an education system designed for an industrial society and we don't live in an industrial society anymore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj8f7ycnUtU
>>
>>75118161
After taxes? ebin no way
I take 2400€ home and that's pretty good salary
>>
>>75116792
>We should selected the retard and geniuses at younger age teach the retards to do manual work and smart kids science

yeah but you don't learn anything being in a classroom to begin with, you learn through apprenticeship in the field
>>
>>75114936
Niggers hold our country back. They contribute nothing good, but they cause lots of problems.
>>
>>75118161
No, they don't.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Median_income
>>
>>75116157
Michael Moore is retarded. He unironically said that Cuba has better healthcare than the US.
>>
>>75118310
>I take 2400€ home and that's pretty good salary

wait so you don't get like 6 months off a year in vacation?

I know the Swiss do
>>
>>75115412
Clearly your education is superior to ours.
>>
>>75118404
Cuba does have better healthcare than the US, a fucking homeless bum going to a voodoo witchdoctor has better healthcare than the US

our shit is fucked up
>>
>>75118536
That's objectively wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6ZH1ps20WA
>>
>>75118412
5-6 weeks depends on your hours
>>
>>75118355
Typical, blame black people for all your problems. Let me guess, you support Trump as well?
>>
>>75114936
American education is a fucking joke and people here are stupid. I whole heatedly believe we have some of the worst education in the world. Everything is multiple choice and the teachers are a joke. The school work is lazily put together and high schoolers are doing middle school work.

Really we have horrible and uneducated retards everywhere. This country is a joke when it comes to education.
>>
>>75119785
Doesn't matter you have the best universities, it's the only thing that matters
>>
>>75115096
>>75115335
>goyim must not know!
>Ishmael! Shut it down!
>>
>>75114936
because testing for intelligence is racist

http://www.naacpldf.org/case/griggs-v-duke-power-co
>>
Finland is based, if I had education like Finland then I wouldn't be so shellshocked and unable to learn today.
>>
>>75119941
How are unis even ranked? For what it is based upon?
Research done there?
Amount of Masters degrees?
Teachers?
Plus who does the ranking and does that person/organisation have any relations with certai unis?
>>
http://youtube.com/watch?v=uAZqMaBY2MI

School should be abolished.
>>
>>75118404
>b-but they like have tons of doctors an stuff mang
>>
>>75122841
Honestly yes.
Only way to go towards a truly libertarian/ancap society.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.