[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong with this campaign? Where did it all go to shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6
File: McCain-Palin_Campaign_Logo.png (74 KB, 446x292) Image search: [Google]
McCain-Palin_Campaign_Logo.png
74 KB, 446x292
What went wrong with this campaign? Where did it all go to shit?
>>
>>75107013
McCain knew he wasn't the globalist's pick and probably voted for Obama himself.

I've never seen such a pathetic campaign in my entire life.
>>
>>75107013
with palin
>>
The Palin part.

Literally. The tried to get that retard fundamentalist vote on lock but ended up alienating a lot of other republicans. I think Trump's strategy of distancing himself from evangelicals was a good move
>>
>>75107013

John 'crashing this plane' McCain and Sarah Palin.
>>
>>75107013
Obama was a successful meme candidate.
>>
>>75107013
McCain was another purely establishment pick. The people didn't want him.
>>
File: 1461244167781.jpg (34 KB, 376x461) Image search: [Google]
1461244167781.jpg
34 KB, 376x461
>>75107169
Watching that movie Game Change and reading about some of the shit behind the scenes, it seemed like Palin was the biggest gamble and it paid off at first but she proved to be a retard.

What would it have been like if Lieberman was the VP? McCain was actually kicking Obama's ass in polls after Palin's acceptance speech but one interview later and she got meme'd out of existence
>>
McCain:
>I know, I can appease the jewish overlords by having a token female be vice!

She tanked him. That's why you should never compromise or pander.
>>
two cuckservative neocons
>>
No one could have beaten Obama except for another black man.
>>
>>75107013
because women always fuck up shit
>>
>>75107013
he had to go up against the magical halfnegro of hope
>>
>>75107013
Obama was charismatic and Palin was a terrible choice
>>
>>75107013
Eight years of Dubya ensured a Republican loss. Also

>le first black president
>>
>>75107013
The fucking second name there cost him the election.
>>
>>75107573
Would Giuliani be better to go up against the negro of hope?
>>
Bill Kristol chose Palin for McCain.
>>
File: bill_kristol.jpg (262 KB, 620x412) Image search: [Google]
bill_kristol.jpg
262 KB, 620x412
>>75107714
Guess who chose that second name.

>wants to run a spoiler candidate for 2016
>chose Palin in 2008
>>
>>75107013

McCain is a shitty turncoat establishment fuck who was paired with a wildly unpredictable character who tried to appeal to the opposite end of the conservative spectrum, and it resulted in failure. Maybe if they'd been up against Hillary, it may have worked, but we needed to get that whole negro president thing out of the way, so it'd have been a small miracle to have had any shot if them being on top.

That, and things usually swing that after 8 years of one party, the other gets a turn, and considering the feels of much of America after the 2 terms of Bush Jr., it was not meant to be another Republican run.
>>
>>75107013
McCain was horribly pro war, when everyone was tired of what Bush W did. That alone, with Obama promising to end the war and bring home the troops got tons of repubs to vote for him.

Second was Palin. What they ever loving fuck were they thinking? Like shes not such a bad person, but shes got a annoying voice, and is really out there.

Will go down as one of the most forgettable campaigns ever. Obama easily had it in the bag. What's sad is that if Ron Paul had been the nominee, he would have won. Oh well, you only had to listen. And now it's happening.
>>
>>75107013
There was never any hope for that campaign, anon. The war in Iraq, Katrina, and incumbent fatigue were always against the republicans in that race . Then the housing bubble burst and the "great recession" began. Barack Obama strode in with soaring rhetoric and a presidential demeanor. McCain countered by putting Palin on the ticket to "excite" the party. She ended up being totally unprepared in terms of policy, experience, knowledge, and mental state. McCain/Palin was a train wreck of a campaign and literally caused me to lose respect for some of the people who worked on it.
>>
They didn't have the benefit of the black vote. Or Obama's superior meme powers.
>>
> low energy
> hated by cuckservative activists
> out of the mainstream for his slavish support of the iwack war, also "joked" about starting shit in iran
> chose an autistic meme with lipstick as his running mate, a heartbeat away from the presidency
> did stupid shit like "suspending" his campaign for a day in response to the financial collapse
> daily reminder he was like 90 fucking years old and couldnt even pretend to relate to people under 50

If he chose jew lieberman he would have sparked a fight at the RNC, divided his party, and depressed conservative turnout costing him a couple more states. The extra kikebux wouldnt be worth it imo.
>>
>>75107013

Interesting that being a moron on national TV will disqualify you from being VP, but has ensured Trump's victory in September
>>
>>75108134
So did everything just go wrong all at once in that campaign?

I have to say looking at some of the polls, I'm surprised McCain was able to kick Obama's ass at times before Palin turned into a retard and the economy shit itself.
>>
I'd say when he said he would draft if Russia came to Irans defense for the invasion of Iran that HE would start. Let's face it he was the shittiest pick for republicans and the republicans at the time were cucked by George We love Israel Bush
>>
>>75108264
We already elected a meme president anon, Obama was elected and re-elected on memes alone.

He had no accomplishments. McCain has permanent injuries and medals for his but Obama's were on the fridge at his mom's house.

Besides, Trump is like Palin at the top of the ticket who isn't a complete retard on everything. He almost needs a McCain as VP.
>>
ITT: Faggots who don't know anything about Palin and the '08 campaign

Palin was the best thing to happen to McCain's campaign, you are always complaining about mainstream media having bias, but when they tell you Palin is le stupid Rethuglican, you eat it up, Tina Fey and SNL, probably hurt her more than anything she really said during any interview. The "I can see Russia from my house" meme, straight from SNL.
>>
>>75107743
9/11man didn't have the freshness needed either
>>
>>75108651
>What papers do you read?
>All of them.

She was cited as a huge liability in late polls but if you watch Game Change it is undeniable how much the gamble paid off at first. The problem was Palin wasn't even properly vetted, they picked her like 5 days before the convention. So when they initially picked her there was like a billion scandals that came out of Alaska.
>>
>>75107013
They would have been no different than Obama.
>>
File: 1464045554441.jpg (752 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
1464045554441.jpg
752 KB, 2048x2048
>>75107365
>>75107169
Yep. He would have been a pretty bad ass prez, too.
>>
>>75108391
McCain was never liked. He's a RINO. We could trade him straight across for Webb.
>>
>>75107013
McCain was too low key from the start. But that also helped him win the nomination as the other candidates spent all their money eating each other. McCain became arrogant after he got the nomination, mainly because he knew it was in the bag anyway. So then he goes off to take a nap and basically drops off the radar. He never truly speaks out against Obama and is constantly either on the defensive, or just off taking a nap somewhere.

When Palin entered the fray she could have been the tipping point, but instead all the women in McCain's campaign were jealous of Palin and basically sabotaged her. Palin received no training or strategy from the McCain campaign and she was basically left to her own devices while once again McCain just sat around napping.

Then when October hits suddenly McCain wakes up from his fucking stupor and tries to act like he's running a campaign for president. He ultimately pulls defeat from the jaws of victory, by suspending his campaign to go back to Washington to deal with the so-called Economic crisis. Obama on the other hand says he can do a presidential campaign and vote in the Senate at the same time. This finally kills any chance McCain has because now he looks like the old fart who really shouldn't be in office. And Obama looks like the fresh spring rose who can handle any storm.

Looking back on it now, the Republicans really didn't even try to win that election. I suspect they purposely lost because they hoped that the Economic Crisis would be so bad that in less the 4 years the country would be begging for them to be put back in power.
>>
File: 1463690260758.jpg (1 MB, 1024x1007) Image search: [Google]
1463690260758.jpg
1 MB, 1024x1007
Why didn't McCain attack Obama for having such radical connections?

I know George W. Bush triggered him with his "black baby" attack but Obama had actual, literal connections to domestic terrorists like Bill Ayers.
>>
>>75108828
>billion scandals out of Alaska

Another meme, liberals hated, and accused her of various bull shit, and as Governor of Alaska she had to defend herself in court, that's one of the reasons she quit, everytime some faggot blogger accused her of being corrupt she ended up paying out the ass for legal defense.
>>
>>75109001
>looking back on it now

Shit man, looking at it at the time and it was clear Obama was going to win. McCain had absolutely no personality to counter Obama's charisma and magical hope-and-change aura he had created for himself.

It was very obvious McCain wasn't even trying for most of the campaign. He put very little effort into it, all the while Obama was slamming out grass-roots styled rallies.
>>
>>75109001
>the Economic Crisis would be so bad that in less the 4 years the country would be begging for them to be put back in power.

Well, they kinda did. They retook the house in 2010 and in 2012 it was looking more and more like King Nigger would be dethroned.

The problem? Mitt Fucking Romney was given the nomination and he threw the election.

Romney did what McCain didn't do, he absolutely beat the fuck out of him in the first debate but then he picks a VP who does something even Sarah Palin managed not to do: He lost a debate to Joe Fucking Biden of all people.

Then I guess the check came in the mail and he stopped trying.
>>
>>75107246

> I think Trump's strategy of distancing himself from evangelicals was a good move

Trumps strategy was for them to come to him rather than Ted Cruz for example.
>>
>>75109303
exactly as i said in my post >>75109001 . McCain had already lost a presidential campaign twice before. Why put a two-time loser up there when the polls were showing that no one wanted to vote for another old white man? Its simple, the Repubs wanted to lose because they thought they'd have a better chance and a better candidate in 4 years.
>>
>>75109448
Trump managed to get them to come to him without pandering to their cuckservatism and meme issues.
>>
File: fedorian little wayne.jpg (30 KB, 353x424) Image search: [Google]
fedorian little wayne.jpg
30 KB, 353x424
>>75107013
ITT: fedora tippers blame palin while completely ignoring the fact that mccain was a dull little turd

he lost. in a landslide. stop blaming women for your problems, you insecure children.
>>
>>75109444
Romney had two major screw ups. The so-called poor people comment he made, and his constant refusal to actually take the fight to Obama out of concern for being called racist.
>>
>>75109561
This, Palin was the best thing to happen to his campaign, she was high energy, truly a great woman. The rest of you are some fake ass niggas.
>>
>>75109738
The election was probably the most winnable election in the last couple decades and he threw it.

The RCP average was like 0.6%, the economy was shit and Romney kicked his ass in the first debate.

I fully truly believe he threw the election, like he was actually paid to do it.
>>
>McCain ran against the first black guy to be nominated by either major party.
>He was running as a Republican after the worst Republican administration in memory.
>He picked Sarah Palin without properly vetting her

If he had been charismatic and energetic it might have been different.
>>
>>75110058
I remember that part of the campaign very vividly. Palin gave us all a lot of hope. But the media attacked her so viciously and she was just left hanging out to dry by the McCain campaign. I still think that the establishment class of Repubs used her to try to dash the hopes of anyone conservative ever running again.
>>
McCain
>Old, traumatized war veteran with unclear motives, convictions, and minimal charisma

Palin
>Weird, doesn't really appeal to anyone outside of specific evangelicals, also minimal charisma

Neither of them are bad people necessarily, they're just not great at the presentation required for politics.
>>
>>75110116
I personally think that Romney was just bad at campaigning in certain spots, and it showed. After the comment screw up i get the feeling that he figured he was going to lose so he just let things fall apart. weather he was paid off or not we'll never know.
>>
>>75109444
Paul Ryan was a terrible choice for a running mate. The only thing he was known for at the time were budget cuts, especially on entitlements. When your running mate is the guy who's going to gut medicare and social security, and you make gaffes about 47% of the country being leeches, you're guaranteed to lose.
>>
>>75110606
Why didn't he choose Christie?
>>
>>75107013
When some nigger fucked Obama's mom.
>>
>>75110287
Yes, the McCain campaign really messed up on that one, pretty sad man, McCain is an establishment guy, but he was a war hero and it would have been nice to at least have a non-establishment VP. I can't stand Obama man, all that hope and change, and all he's done is change everything to the worse.
>>
https://youtu.be/IkY4qwkxi3Q?t=5m47s

McCain doesn't blame Palin
>>
>>75110880
Honestly I know McCain is a huge cuckservative but I really loved his speech to the RNC and his 2000 campaign made me really feel when Bush fucked him over with dirty smear campaigns.
>>
>>75109287
The woman is basically insane, why argue to protect her?
>>
>>75107013
Palin really hurt his credibility. It excited some people, but most people looked at her as cooky and incompetent, and rightfully so. I didn't like her then, and I didn't like her now.

It wasn't all Palin though. Mccain played Obamas game by not attacking him or being "negative".
>>
Sarah Palin eventually took over the whole narrative of that campaign. She may as well have been the one to run for POTUS.
>>
>>75107013
One reason was that Bush had a low approval rating and that reflected on the GOP. Another reason was that some wonks convinced McCain that adding a female as VP would offset the DNCs choice of a nigger. Palin was a beauty queen and is still a decent looking broad but she should shut her mouth and just look pretty.
>>
>>75107013
Massive economic crisis a month before the election.
>>
>>75107013
Well, OP, it really started to go wrong when McCain won the nomination and then it went to complete shit when Palin was added to the ticket
>>
In my view, McCain lost the same reason Romney lost; the fools played the election safe and defensively, and expected the Presidency to fall into their laps, when they up against a man whose primary skill is literally community organizing. Obama raised shit tons of money to beat over the head of both candidates, milked his Black President status for that it was fucking worth, and crafted for himself the image of a likable young guy.
>>
>>75107013
The crash pretty much guaranteed a democrat winning that year.
>>
Dont know
>>
>>75107573
This. Obama was in Europe giving speeches to 100K people while McCain was shaking hands at a Savemart in Duluth.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.