[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aging
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 23
File: 1455992312870s.jpg (6 KB, 250x166) Image search: [Google]
1455992312870s.jpg
6 KB, 250x166
Aging is a curse that we all have.

We think we are young, and we can do what ever we want, we are the 'cool' young generation, we think we never get old.

Let's face it, im 21 years old, i remember being 18 like it was yesterday.

What happend to the feeling of "time"?

Growing up is something real abstract and weird, but it happens every second.

Every human you know, you see, you chat with, will be dead in 100 years and replaced with others.

How does that make you feel?

Politics evolve around that thematic, put rent on an higher age and such things.

Donald trump is 68 and behaves like an 20 year old. ( in a good way)

Does age make us wiser? I don't think so. If we waste every second on shit, we will be shit.

Aging scares me /pol/ it's too fast.

I think i have a midlife crisis at 21.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A91Fwf_sMhk
>>
Life gets better with age. You're just preoccupied with the usual 21-year-old bullshit and haven't realized that none of that matters.

Ironically, your problem will go away with age.

Source: 30 years old
>>
you get to know more things
you learn to survive new things
you can tell people you have reached old age

i think it's ok, and if you use it to help society even better
>>
27 year old here

If you are under 25 you shouldn't be on this board.
>>
Trump is about to turn 70 actually and you remember 18 because it was only 3 years ago, try thinking 10 years back and its much harder then remember you have 5 or 6 of those time periods left, dont worry about it bro
>>
>>75095514

The years 2010 to 2016 have flown by. It terrifies me and I just try to not think about it.
>>
>>75095514
>What happend to the feeling of "time"?
You wasted your time on an anonymous image board, you could've gotten a Bachelors Degree by now.
>>
>>75095514
do you remember when you were 10 years old?

that was literally half of how old you are. don't worry about it, time is long, but the longer it goes on, the more you have to dwell on it to feel it's age.

i'm 24, and it feels like a lifetime ago that i was 12.

>>75095669
what this guy said too.
>>
>>75095514
You have a disease anon. And there is no cure. Things will get worse as decades will pound you to shit.

Source: 42 years old
>>
RELEVANT RELEVANT RELEVANT RELEVANT RELEVANT RELEVANT RELEVANT RELEVANT RELEVANT RELEVANT RELEVANT
>>
>>75096219
You have experience, if you could go back in time to your 21 year old you, what would you tell him?
>>
It gets better in my opinion (I'm 32). I have an amazing wife and a little one that just finished kindergarten, it's been amazing. Wifey wants more kids, we'll probably start trying for #2 this summer.

The worst part though is watching your parents die... my father only has a few weeks/months left due to cancer. But, he's been able to watch his only grandchild Plat tee-ball and karate which has been a blessing.

Sure anon, life is just a little while man.... fill it with the small things in life that make you happy
>>
>>75095514
>How does that make you feel?

I'm okay with it I hate the world and have abandoned my dreams for a better life on planet earth. We're all terrible monsters living in a godless void.
>>
>>75095514
20 years flew by for me. I'm not where I want to be, but I think if I was, I would still feel the same way. I'm not suicidal, but I hope to be dead around 55 to 65. Really don't want to live on this planet anymore.

t. 44 year old
>>
>>75098318
To worry less and travel more.
>>
>>75098318
Save money, don't buy frivolous things like the newest tech, fashion, and such.
Buy quality stuff, it may be more expensive, but it should hopefully last you for the rest of your life.
Never ever be a cheap bastard, no matter how poor you are, when buying (quality and comfort, not fashionably) shoes or tires.

Unless you just absolutely love the city, buy land and preferably away from other people. Garden, get a chicken coop.
>>
>>75095669
Some things get better, most things get worse. But the older you get, the better equipped you are to just say "fuck it" to the shit things.

Source: 32 years old.
>>
File: 1449344183048.jpg (59 KB, 775x719) Image search: [Google]
1449344183048.jpg
59 KB, 775x719
I'm 54.
>>
>>75099112
I'm sorry to hear that anon, I hope our planet gets better for you. I share your view, too. I want the world to burn. Burn the candle at both ends, enjoy yourself.

-35 year old
>>
>>75095514
Ageing does worry me a lot. I've accomplished nothing in my life at 20, friendless KHV. I feel hopeless for the future and too apathetic to care about anything. All I've got is my family. I don't drink or smoke, so at least I'm not damaging myself.

I don't care about wealth or leaving a legacy, I just want to be somewhat happy. The future of the world is concerning too, idk if humanity will be able to handle this century. Too many fools.
>>
>>75100156
this desu
>>
File: sadpepe.jpg (30 KB, 500x365) Image search: [Google]
sadpepe.jpg
30 KB, 500x365
>>75100536
Thanks bro. It's not that I'm miserable. But I'm really watching the world I grew up in go completely away. I agree, let it burn, let all these commies get their "paradise" and see where it takes them. They don't realize when you surrender all control to the govt. the corporations and wealthy they hate will still be the ones ruling over them, only they won't be held accountable to any laws. I just don't get it. Capitalism isn't perfect, but it has mobility.

>Fuck me, this started playing in my music player as I'm writing that. feelsbadman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9b9UhFe6Eg
>>
>>75095514
>How does that make you feel?
Completely indifferent you angsty cunt.
>>
>>75095514

I'm 40.

The 80's seemed like yesterday to me.

It gets worse when you have children and realize they're dreaming the dreams life crushed out of you a long time ago.

For now...you watch them flit around, popping bubbles and chasing fireflies, as carefree as an amnesiac in a "what is your name" contest.
>>
File: 5uura1l7.jpg (14 KB, 255x319) Image search: [Google]
5uura1l7.jpg
14 KB, 255x319
>>75099112
>20 years flew by for me

am soon 24

HEAATINGSSS
>>
>>75095514
hey /de/ bro

21 here too.

I agree that our generation may never "die". We do get old. We grow together with the people around, the work we do and our personal goals.

Age does not make wise, wisdom makes wiser though all wisdom one have is within. Created by conversations and interactions with peers.

Sometimes shit builds character and if you got a problem with that statement. Shit on you too.
>>
>>75095514
>have good genetics
>turning 23 soon
>look like i could be anywhere from 17-25 in age
>also /bigguy/
>6'2"-6'3" master race
>tfw gf
>tfw still enjoy posting on my safe space over leaving the house and possibly encountering bernouts or feminazis
>>
>>75095514
Go nihilist.
It's the works.

Once you realise that your entire life from birth to death is pointless, you can stop worrying and enjoy the ride while it lasts.
>>
File: i00535.jpg (621 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
i00535.jpg
621 KB, 1920x1080
>>75103875
>> much wise
>> wow
>> aesthetics
>> narcissist
>> mfw I am too

Uni?
>>
at what age did it really hit you that you're a total, irredeemable failure and life will never turn out anything remotely close to the way you wanted it?

for me it was 23.
>>
>being between 18-30 is old...

Shut the fuck up you twats.
>>
File: venom snake smoke.gif (892 KB, 245x269) Image search: [Google]
venom snake smoke.gif
892 KB, 245x269
>25 years old
>been shitposting on 4chan for a decade now
>>
>>75104561
20, realised that i am now 2 decades old. Was kind of an psychic breakdown for me.
>>
>>75103875
>tfw gf wants to go out all the time because it's summer and the weather's been nice for the past three weeks

it begins again
>>
>>75104440
sdsu lel. everyone is a friendly chad, a douchebag chad, or a silent cuck

>>75105219
"beach is one of my favorite places"
t. young attractive white girl

good thing my gains will protect us from any potential bulls
>>
Telomeres
>>
>>75095514
35 year old guy here. It is much easier to age when you have gone through periods of extended hard work. I worked my ass off and got a phd, and now, life is pretty comfy, though I don't make much money. Also, enjoy life as fully as you can.

Take psychedelics while you're still young, and can appreciate the newness of the experience while you have a young, healthy body. Go out and try a wilderness expedition. I went out and climbed mountains in my late teens, best times of my life. A shroom trip in hell's canyon was the highlight of my late teens.

Also, you will have to face the fact that you're going to die, and so is everyone you know and love. It gets somewhat easier to deal with as you get older. Don't succumb to atheistic nihilism. Just know that the way the world is, is as it should be. Billions of other people have gone through death, it's a process our bodies have evolved to make as comfortable as possible. Know that you don't know, and never will know anything about the true nature of consciousness, your existence, identity and purpose. Let it develop naturally.

Above all else, view each day as your last day alive, and live it in a way that you can be proud of.
>>
>>75095514
Time only goes by fast for people who are disassociated
>>
I am turning 26 next week and already finished with my first marriage.

Time marches on. I already see a rift between people my age and the late-90s early-00s millenials.

Cool thing is that now I view my parents as friends.

I feel like I have the pressure to have kids soon, and have a great girlfriend now but never rush into things without thinking. Don't feel like time is going to fast, constantly self-analyse your life and what you can improve in yourself and how you relate with others.
>>
>>75106223
>psychedelics
fucking DROPPED
>>
File: 1455177029083.png (433 KB, 813x683) Image search: [Google]
1455177029083.png
433 KB, 813x683
Been dwelling on the path I took in life and how it impacted me alot lately.

Started out in elementary being one of the "cool" kids simply because I was smart for my age, and the kids in my elementary thought being smart was cool. Which cause me to study even more.
Went to a larger middle school and kind of became known as "that smart kid"/nerd. Poured nearly all my free time into yugioh/runescape instead of trying to hang out at the mall and meet girls

Highschool my friend group split in 2, half gave up all the video games and started drinking/smoking/partying every day. I went with the half that started playing vanilla WoW 10 hours a day. Also started coming to this festering anal wound of the internet around that time. No doubt this place has heavily influenced me.

Didn't start dating until I was almost 19 and by then I felt like I missed out on a major part of my teenage years that I should have experienced instead of wasting it all on video games that literally mean nothing in the end.
25 now, working a decent factory job, planning on quitting in 10 months and going to live on the road as a vagabond for the foreseeable future. A Thoreau lifestyle of just nature and the bare necessities
>>
File: 1462506138334.jpg (79 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1462506138334.jpg
79 KB, 450x450
The only thing about ageing that worries me is balding.

Luckily in my family it doesn't start in earnest until your 40s, and if I'm still single by then I'll just get $200 hair transplants at the future mall.
>>
>implying the technology doesn't exist to revert people back to the fetal stage of development

Oh if only you guys knew about the things we can do, that the general public will never know about.
>>
>im 21 years old
Fuck off, kid.
>>
>>75095514
In the end, Allahu Ackbar.
>>
>>75095514
>Aging scares me /pol/ it's too fast.
Just wait. When you're out of college and have spent a few years in the workplace, death will seem too far away.
>>
>>75095514
>21 years old
>midlife crisis

Try being almost 27 and still stuck in the life of a 21 year old.

I'll be 30 soon and still living like a fucking child.
>>
>>75095514
You say that you fucking nazi but ancient Romans acted much the same as we do. Society is cyclical and each and every person will face similar trials and they will face similar despairs as those of the past. Men will die out and new men will take it's place. It is nothing to be scared of but it is a facet that you were here.

One day when the cities are long and gone and all the empires have fallen they'll look around and tell myths and legends of the White man that built everything than chose to die.
>>
>>75104642
35 is about peak, then it's all downhill. By 70 you are practically walking dead. It's really a freak of modern medicine people live longer than that.
>>
>>75106550
It is a very natural coming of age activity. Europeans did this before Christianity decimated their culture. You are just some blue-pilled faggot.
>>
>>75100979
Join the military
>>
>>75106814
Except it doesn't exist.
>>
File: 1452695394992.jpg (83 KB, 428x576) Image search: [Google]
1452695394992.jpg
83 KB, 428x576
>>75106684
>mfw my entire bloodline has died with fully-haired head, even if it was white as fuck.

feels good mang.
>5'7
dang
Pretty good for spic standards
>>
File: 1462929441063.jpg (12 KB, 239x211) Image search: [Google]
1462929441063.jpg
12 KB, 239x211
>>75095514
You fear death and the passage of time because you're a loser and you're wasting your life.

Snap out of it and stop being such a faggot. Your thoughts aren't deep or original. You only get over it by growing up.
>>
File: 8ball.jpg (12 KB, 186x251) Image search: [Google]
8ball.jpg
12 KB, 186x251
>>75095514
I'm immortal
>>
File: 1390093450230.jpg (22 KB, 320x300) Image search: [Google]
1390093450230.jpg
22 KB, 320x300
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xERitvFYpAk

The Seikilos epitaph is the oldest surviving example of a complete musical composition, including musical notation, from anywhere in the world. The song, the melody of which is recorded, alongside its lyrics, in the ancient Greek musical notation, was found engraved on a tombstone.

>While you live, shine
>Don't suffer anything at all;
>Life exists only a short while
>And time demands its toll.
>>
>>75095514
Congratulations, kiddo, you're finally realizing your own mortality. How does it make me feel? Not much of anything in particular. I got over it years ago. You will, too. The greatest consolation you may ever find in life, are here in these threw words:

"Nothing lasts forever."

When you're young, they sound sad - tragic, even. As you get older, however, and more weary of the world, they ripen to become increasingly sweet. Don't get too gloomy.
>>
>>75107395
>does psychedelics
>calls others blue-pilled
Not sure if trolling, or just a druggie retard.
>>
shit, I tuned out at 18 and blinked and now I'm 30.

All I have to show for this time are some vague fragmented memories of nothing in particular that I can't place in time other than the two categories 1-5 years ago or older.
>>
File: hadenough.jpg (44 KB, 500x405) Image search: [Google]
hadenough.jpg
44 KB, 500x405
>tfw 25 and my mom takes care of all my bills and still makes all my appointments
>>
Is it true that your perception of time changes as you get older?
>>
>>75095669
>Life gets better with age.

No it doesn't.
>>
File: 1463631788534.jpg (82 KB, 660x495) Image search: [Google]
1463631788534.jpg
82 KB, 660x495
>>75108658
>>
>>75108317
That's very calming, thank you leaf.

>>75107767

I thought about just getting up and doing stuff, but im in a stage where i shit on everything, but i am still afraid of time.

Im such a faggot.

But i noticed something weird, when confronted with reality, like my grandpa being sick, i get an urge to life live.

How could i get so deluded and get out of reality that far?

The path to reality seems so fearfull and weird, im scared.

How can i stop being such a pussy? God damn.
>>
>>75108701

a bit but it also becomes more of an incentive to make the most of your time

pro-tip: drop the video games and start reading books instead
>>
>>75095514
Pretty good. It's thinking about what will happen once organs 3d printing and bionic replacements will go mainstream and the life span will be extended by a century or 2 (or more) that worries me.
>>
>>75098672
I literally cannot imagine what it feels like if my mom or dad would die. I'm nothing without them. This shit makes me more depressed than anything.
>>
>>75108855
>But i noticed something weird, when confronted with reality, like my grandpa being sick, i get an urge to life live.
>How can i stop being such a pussy? God damn.

when you get that urge to live life just think hard about it and decide on how you are going to change your life, make a plan and stick with it
>>
>>75109165

I wonder if a century will feel like 10 years if you live that long, probably right?
>>
>>75108855
Find a way to create a sense of urgency. Hang around old people if that helps. If they make you depressed, find some that are a little further from death.

Go someplace really shitty for a while. You've probably lived too comfortable a life for your values to carry any the strength. Maybe hanging around murderous niggers for a few months will help you understand what you value.

Just live, you're not going to figure it out by sitting around.
>>
File: event_21891805.jpg (52 KB, 191x300) Image search: [Google]
event_21891805.jpg
52 KB, 191x300
>>75109168

reading about Buddhism might help desu

Its not something that you have to believe in or become Buddhist for it to help, its just that it offers a unique viewpoint. Pic related is a really good book on it.

It offers a set of teachings that once you understand them well enough you can use them anytime to not be effected at all by sadness and negative emotions. Even if you don't believe in it as a religion, once you understand the Buddhist teachings about self/mind/emotions/craving etc its easy to be completely unaffected by sadness etc when upsetting stuff happens if you decide to view it through a Buddhist perspective.
>>
>everyone you know will be dead in 100 years
Consider the following: there are people who made it to 100 who's great grandchildren are having children, and those children may live to 100 as well to see their descendants. Earlier today I was talking to my grandma's sister who was born in 1929, and she was telling me about her grandparents. Life isn't a vacuum, and it's not just about you. We can pass on our wisdom to the next generation, and we can fight for the coming generations as well. If we did not age and eventually die, being human would be meaningless. You have to learn to accept your mortality and the sadness of life in order to live it to the fullest.
>>
>>75100979
Feel like I am in a very similar situation as yourself
>>
>>75098672
>>75109168

My mom died a few years ago. It's been kind of weird since then... I was already in my 20s, but both of my little sisters were still in HS. Life just kind of goes on I suppose.
>>
>>75109706
The question you should be asking is, what happens, once oldies stop making room for new people
>>
>>75107407
I've considered it before. I used to love talking with my grandfather about his time in the army. Although soldiers are ultra-normies so I'd feel out of place. I don't mind doing physical work, so long as it's fulfilling.
>>
>>75111665
That's already happening. Look how many lifeless people 55+ there are.

Not saying we should kill them or anything. It's just sad, they don't give a shit, they just don't want to die.
>>
>>75095865
25 year old here.

if you're a person on this website you shouldn't be.
>>
>>75104664
tfw 27 and have also been posting on 4chan for a decade

It's funny how 4chan has been one of the most stable things in my life. It was actually kind of shocking when moot left, even though I expected it.

>>75106223
>take psychedelics when you're still young
Affirmative, everyone should try LSD once. Don't fuck with hard shit, but smoking a joint here and there can do wonders for your perspective and mood.

When I was younger I travelled a lot more, it was really worth the time involved. If I could do it again I would.

>>75106548
>I already see a rift between people my age and the late-90s early-00s millenials
Same. I chalk it up to social media and the proliferation of smart phones.
>>
>>75111801
>army
Don't be afraid of doing something risky. If you hate it, at least it will place everything else in perspective and give you direction.
>>
>>75106645
Why go for the vagabond lifestyle? Homelessness shouldn't be romanticized. Save up and buy a plot of land to grow veggies on and find a way to support yourself so you can occasionally get meat and books. People don't trust the homeless, especially older men.
>>
>>75095514
i'm 24 and have so many good memories in my life, there is also bad memories i think it's all about having a sense of accomplishment really, if you feel like you accomplish something new or something different every year you associate something to that particular age.
>>
>>75106548
Hey Britbro,

25, feeling the same as you. Working hard to improve myself and my mind. Learn new things, be successful at work. Marriage feels like this thing near to me but never in sight. I can't picture it but know it's coming. Already starting to see babies as adorable and think about raising a son.

Life is all so odd/rewarding/pointless/exciting.

Wish I had more people to talk to who are going through the same thoughts.

I guess you have to accept time is always moving and why fight that.

Cool to know im not alone in the uk
>>
File: life expectancy.png (52 KB, 586x658) Image search: [Google]
life expectancy.png
52 KB, 586x658
>>75107256
This old chestnut. The reason life expectancy was historically so low was because many people didn't survive to adulthood. There were plenty of old fucks in ancient greece, rome and china. There were also wars and plagues to contend with. It's not magic that we can live to our 80s, and there are evolutionary reasons why we live so long.
>>
>>75095514
It only gets worse Krautbro. You'll be 30 tomorrow. 50 the next day.
>>
Oldfags: Could you tell us a bit about how women change as they get older and when in your experience? Anything goes.
>>
>>75095514
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiXNfb9VyNA
>>
>that feeling when you will never be a dirty drunken whore and have all the boys cum inside you and coast through life using ":c" and sucking dicks for money and be able to fuck any guy you want and have a rich daddy that pays for everything and live in a little bubble where you play /v/scape 24/7 and go to school and pretend to be suicidal and ERP with all the boys while they shoot loads in your mouth and cum drips off your lips while you masturbate to their messages while they adore you and protect you and give you attention for literally just having tits and a pussy
>>
>>75113191
>rom-com wisdom
deep bro
>>
>>75113596
What's old to you? At 27 I can say this: women who were sluts and dipshits at 18 are fucked in the head and always will be. If they're not already fat, ugly and raising 3 monsters from different fathers, they'll likely soon be dead.

Some women might not be sluts but are sitll batty and will steal friends from you, isolating them and gradually henpecking them into little cucks.

Otherwise it's been my experience that older women can be great company. To put it as simply as possible, they're just nice to be around. I like it when my friends have good girlfriends who add to the group dynamic.
>>
>>75114102
I'm 25 so I guess 35 or older would be preferable. I'm back at university for the last 3 years after working as a club bouncer from 18-22 so my life experience with mature women is pretty skewed anyway. Cheers m8.
>>
File: iu.jpg (12 KB, 220x190) Image search: [Google]
iu.jpg
12 KB, 220x190
>worked shitty jobs most of his life
>deformed by acne and a pestilential attitude
>published his first novel at 50
>fucked many women
>died happy
It's never too late, anon.
>>
>>75107256
Nope. People lived to 80 and 90 even in classical greek and roman era, as well as middle ages. Low average lifespan was due to high infant mortality. But if you made it to 3yo or so you were likely to live same lifespan as modern people.
>>
>>75114298
That's a hell of a coincidence, I'm also going to university on my GI Bill at a late age. I fucking hate the 18-22 college girl crowd, so many of them are little shits. I'm fairly certain part of my response is that they're in a different generation but maybe I just don't remember properly.

I wouldn't trust bars/clubs as a good way to judge the character of women of that age group, they're magnets for degenerate behavior.
>>
>>75110418
Their memories live on though. My mom remembers july 4th family gatherings and her father, grandfather, and great grandfather telling war stories from Civil War, Indian wars, WW1, and WW2, and passed those stories down.

I have a getter appreciation for scalping.
>>
>>75113098
shit, if oral tradition is at all reliable there were people into there 80's in amazon tribes.

modern medicine has only increased life span by allowing for more people to survive their first 2-5 years.
>>
>>75113915
Don't worry mate I read it
>>
>>75104561
Only one stopping you is you. I'm 23 and I fucked around for 5 years after I graduated. Now I'm saving up for another car and am going back to finish my law degree.
>>
>>75114688
I feel you mate. I swear women didn't seem this childish when I was younger but then I wasn't half the man I was 5 years ago.

>I wouldn't trust bars/clubs as a good way to judge the character of women

Honestly when you're stone sober in that environment the behaviour of people of any age really threw me off.

How was your service? See anywhere interesting? I've been thinking of trying to get work with an NPO just to make some use of my stupid life, my military friends all went that route.
>>
>>75116342
Ah, it wasn't anything too interesting unfortunately, unless you count working in a shut down reactor compartment or lighting off steam powered turbine generators. I was in the Navy for a few years, and the ship they sent me to was in the shipyard the entire time I was there. Even though we weren't going out to sea, I still worked an average of 80 hours every week, and sometimes over 100. Wasn't too fun and it wasn't too rewarding, but I'm aware it would have been a much different experience if I had gone to a ship making deployments. Regardless, I met some cool people, and had a few fun moments, and I'm getting my education paid for thanks to it, so I suppose I can't complain too much.

If the UK's armed forces are similar to America's, you might want to look into joining the RAF to deal with less bullshit. In America, being in the AF is better than being in the Navy, which is better than the Army and Marines.
>>
>Let's face it, im 21 years old, i remember being 18 like it was yesterday.

Really? I don't remember anymore.

I really don't want to remember.

Please let me age and die.
>>
>>75113098
I duno, those stats support my point. 1 in 1000 80 years old? That's probably down to 1 in 100 that live to 80 now, probably more.

>>75114449
>But if you made it to 3yo or so you were likely to live same lifespan as modern people.
I heard this and looked into it. Modern life in the first world, last 2 or 3 generations, not much war or disease, hardly any crop failures - shit only a few percent actually make the food now...really, it's a different world. It's the exception to not live to 70 and beyond, first time in history. Body is decaying though, brain too. It's actually quite horrible, dementia, PD and all the old people "diseases" which are really the new checks on lifespan. Look at Bill Clinton or whatever, in a natural world, the cultures might be picking him over by now.
>>
>>75109168

Talk to them as often as you can germanbro... go places with them, take pictures, laugh often... three years ago my dad was able to come on family vacations with us and enjoy himself. Now, he's pretty much confined to a hospital bed, dying of cancer, shitting on himself... well you get the idea. I stop by every morning on my way to work to clean him up, shave him once a week, fix breakfast and drink a cup of coffee with him and just.... talk.

I would give anything if we could go fishing again, or him come to one of my son's baseball games. It sucks so fucking much and each day I lose a little more faith and get angry at the whole situation. I've acually prayed to god that if he's going to suffer like this to just take him already. When he dies it will be devastating, he's my best friend... but watching the decline is fucking horrible. Please anons that might read this, tell your parents if something is wrong and doesn't feel right TO GO TO THE FUCKING DOCTOR AND NOT WAIT!
>>
File: Drumsticks.jpg (114 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Drumsticks.jpg
114 KB, 800x600
>>75118744
Er, vultures.
>>
>>75117119
>If the UK's armed forces are similar to America's, you might want to look into joining the RAF to deal with less bullshit.
He's in Australia, it'd be the RAAF.

A word of advice on the RAAF:
Do not go there if you actually want to do anything productive in any way, shape, or form. When I was there (1995-2003, broke my legs to fucking shit in an accident involving a forklift and was deemed unfit for flight, medical discharge) it was somewhat tolerable, especially after September 11, but nowadays it's gone to shit.

I can imagine flyboys would have it easy, but anyone else would probably want to jump in front of a truck after a few years of that bullshit.

If Australia ever deployed the ADF full time in an actual war I can imagine it'd be better, but not now in peacetime.

It's still nice if you want to eventually fly commercial planes for a living, but that shouldn't be your sole motivation lest you get involved in a murder-suicide.
>>
>>75118919
>DykE
For fucks sake hiroshimoot.
>>
>>75095669
I'm 20 and I work with 40 year olds who make less than me. I have no college education. It doesn't get better unless you make it better.
>>
>>75118774
>, tell your parents if something is wrong and doesn't feel right TO GO TO THE FUCKING DOCTOR AND NOT WAIT!

This. I convinced my mom to get a mammogram for the first time in like 10 years a few weeks ago. Luckily, nothing unusual was found but after my dad's heart attack scare I'm not fucking around.
>>
>>75118744
The point of those stats is that people did live to that age and that longevity is not the same as life expectancy. If you focus instead on the people who make it to adulthood, it doesn't look nearly so grizzly. 10% of the population were older than 50. In fact, you can see that projected life expectancy rises sharply from 21 to 42 if you make it past infancy, and that it continues to rise the older you get.

>>75118919
Oops, that was my goof, had a brain fart.

I was speaking in terms of quality of life and benefits extended to you. For whatever reason, the Army and Marines not only get a shittier deal when it actually comes to their jobs, they also get treated worse by their branch of the military stateside as well, from standard working hours to housing to educational benefits (a la tuition assistance and other programs).
>>
>>75095514
Give me fucking money and I will give you a Longevity-vaccine.
>>
>>75095514
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDEBz25lGdY
>>
File: StillLifeWithASkull[1].jpg (2 MB, 5315x4075) Image search: [Google]
StillLifeWithASkull[1].jpg
2 MB, 5315x4075
>>75095514

Death is as natural as life. It's best to come to terms with this immutable fact, but death will come to you whether you're ready for it or not.
>>
>>75100979
I was in the same situation when I was your age. Now I am 25 and make 80k per year, and saving for some property. Life does get better if you set the right goals and work for them. A lot of people who are cool at 20 find a way to ruin their life as they get older. I am seeing that with a few people I know now.

As a person facing adversity now, you have an opportunity to reject your current life trajectory, step back, evaluate objectively, and start building up a kick ass life. Working on personal fitness, social confidence (100% learnable), and career. Most moderately happy people never get the same push to change their trajectory and end up with average lives. You have to see the positives in your situation.
>>
File: 300px-SSA_7.62mm_143gr_AP.png (16 KB, 300x63) Image search: [Google]
300px-SSA_7.62mm_143gr_AP.png
16 KB, 300x63
>>75119631
>longevity vaccine
got you covered
>>
>>75120748

Do you want to live for ten thousand + years?
>>
>>75120981
On the one hand, I'm sure I'd get disgusted by future forms of degeneracy. On the other, I might live long enough to see the first sentient shitpost lifeform.
>>
>>75121172
Oh you missed Tay?

Sure theres going to be Degeneracy but if we arn't around to fight it then who will ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llR_QneXZ-0
>>
File: Dredd.jpg (94 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Dredd.jpg
94 KB, 1280x720
There needs to be controls to handle the excessive amounts of degeneracy that will take place in a Futuristic Society.
>>
>>75096056
I have the exact same feeling about the same years. Its depressing 2bh
>>
as you get older, you realize nothing matters.

not unless you assign it some value. life is a game you play with yourself, basically. is that promotion worth it? most people don't want to face the fact they are slowly dying, and place too much value and thought into meaningless shit, goals and things they ascribe value to.

don't worry, you'll be dead soon enough. make sure you play the game, otherwise you will commit suicide.
>>
>>75095514
Being homeless in your twenties is better than when you're older. It seemed like a challenge to me when I was in that situation.
>>
>>75109168
Imm 20 and my dad's got a terribly painful disease that will kill him. It's just eating his body alive slowly.

Watching your dad die has to be one of the hardest things for a son to do, especially since we were so close.

I don't even have the courage to bring up some important things to him. It's just impossible to face.

He told me that he will live on through me just like I will live on through my son's. He said he's immortal so long as the family line continues.

Sometimes I start crying about it but it's pretty rare. I almost never cry about anything but this has to effect me the most.
>>
>>75118774
Damn, sorry man that is brutal. My best wishes to you and your dad...
>>
>>75108855
>But i noticed something weird, when confronted with reality, like my grandpa being sick, i get an urge to life live.

Similar thing happened to me. I was in frequent contact with my aunt from her diagnosis of pancreatic cancer to her death over a 7 month period. Seeing her decline first hand gave me a new appreciation of life (later shattered by all this regressive crap). Since I had nothing better to do, I'd spend all my free time completing assignments; I'll never forget the awkward amusement I felt as I printed out my 60,000 word, 350 page A level assignment and set it down with a muffled thump in front of my stunned teacher and classmates.
>>
>>75112762
I wish I had this advice years ago.
Thank you anon.
>>
File: 1feel1.png (95 KB, 362x268) Image search: [Google]
1feel1.png
95 KB, 362x268
>>75108658
is there a way out?

Is there anyone in this thread that has been there and done that? How to get out of the depression guys?
>>
>>75095514
33years old here and life is a fucking blur

4 year old son and 2 year old daughter and I still wake up every day amazed at how fast theyve grown/are growing. I work to damn much which doesnt help- only blurs the days/weeks/months further. It's going so fast I feel like I might be losing my shit. I swear tomorrow Ill wake up in a nursing home. How the fuck do I slow this ride down. I dont feel like I'm even given a chance to enjoy fucking anything. Anything.
>>
>>75124820
this is a common thing nowdays
neets cant find job, leechin from their parents

i don't know if it's the porn or the internet
>>
>>75123236

Thanks man. It's kinda funny that out of all my friends and family's words, the most comfort came from my 6yr old son. See, we haven't talked with him about how sick grandpa is, but he's a smart boy and knows what's up. We visited with him for half a day or so and here's our conversation on the ride home:

Son: daddy, grandpa is real sick isn't he?

Me: yes sir he is.... son, what do you think that means?

Son: that he might die daddy...

Me: that's right son. But do you understand what that means?

Son: no (while shaking his head)

Me: well son, it means we can't see him anymore. He'll be gone.

Son: yeah we can daddy, we can still see him.

Me: no son... we won't be able to see him no more, ever again.

Son: (smiling) yeah we can daddy (holds hands to his chest) we can see him in our hearts.

I had to pull off the road when he said that. I told him that he was absolutely correct and that he's such a smart little boy.

The fact that a 6yr child can grasp death and remembering loved ones from that point of view was staggering.
>>
>>75125630
Reading this made me tear up

Nice job lad

Also,
>calling your son "sir"
>>
>>75095514
Time goes by faster and faster every day. I look up and see that the hours had slipped by and I feel like a zombie in an insane world.

I wake up, go to work, work out and come home and just like that, the day is gone.

I ask not for money or riches or women. All I ask for is to get back the society I once knew and live long enough to see humanities future the way I always imagined it. Full of neckbeards and robot wifus and fuckie boys.
>>
>>75100156
But but im a minimalist. I save money and spend it on things I like but that is but a few things. Computer, house, car when it needs repairs.

I have cheap clothes, a cheap car and eat food that is usually on clearance (cook same day) and I am happy. Girls on the other hand dont like this, but who cares what they think / want.
>>
>>75111378

How many years ago since she died...? I don't mean to dig too much, I'm curious because I'm trying to prepare for my father to pass... well I tell myself that I am preparing but I don't think it's possible for me...

Anyway, was just wondering if it's still painful for you years later and how long it takes for life to get a little better after losing a parent. Sorry for your lose anon
>>
Aging is only a curse to those who waste all their time on meaningless drivel. Those who live a full and meaningful live feel no regret at the passage of time.
>>
>>75124820
>>75108658
Buy a used weight lifting bench, barbell and weights -- more weights than you currently need. Start lifting those weighs. Track how much you lift. Lift regularly. Don't rush it. If you want to gain weight, you need to start eating a lot more and taking more protein than you normally do.

Eat healthy. This is probably most important. And I mean actually healthy, not caesar salad healthy. Very low sugar, 'real' bread if any bread at all, lots of vegetables. Look for how much sugar is in it before you buy. No frozen pizza crap. Your palate will change; after a month or so your old diet will seem disgusting. Cook your own meals (stir fry is easy).

Spend some time once per month in nature, if you can. Something simple like a long walk through the woods or by the shore. Alone or with others, doesn't matter.

Read books. Fiction, non-fiction, whatever. Hopefully you develop an interest in philosophy and politics and read that stuff. Challenge yourself mentally with new world views and paradigms.

No porn. Jerk in the bathroom as soon as the urge comes on. Once you're done the desire for porn will disappear. It's really that simple. If the desire doesn't go away, jerk off again. The trick is to do it and not sit at your computer fantasizing about the porn you are going to watch in advance.

Do your own laundry, chores etc.. Do small things around the house like vacuum, dishes and so on if you don't already. Do it because it has to be done, and why not do it yourself and save someone else the time. Stay hygienic.

Find something you love doing, a hobby or whatever, and become obsessed with it. Don't worry about being amazing. Just play. Try to figure out how it works.
>>
>>75122911

Sorry to hear that anon... it's tough, I know. So many things I wanted to tell my dad as well, but he's not one for emotional talks. He'll stonewall and end the discussion if he gets uncomfortable.

What I did with mine was in wrote him a letter. Several pages telling him how I'm thankful for him, that I'm sorry I was such a pain in his ass to raise, that he need not worry about mom or my sister. That I'll make sure they are taken care of when the time comes. I thanked him for being my best friend and that his grandson loves him more than he knows and thinks he's the strongest man in the universe...

I know it sounds cheesy to hand write him a letter like that, but I really believe it gave my dad a little relief. He never brings it up and neither do I... but he knows how I feel and that's what's important...
>>
>>75126325
I suppose you're right, but living your life with a purpose and "aware" is suprisingly hard to do.
wether you are a neet or just a dude working in the factory for 30 years. its so easy to let the years fly by and one day, boom you're dead.
i think it's what happens to most people, honestly.
>>
>>75126794
One more thing: do something once per week with a friend or family member. Play a game of chess, go for a long walk, cook together. Something active -- not watching a movie. Do it every week, consistently.
>>
>>75125816
It got to me pretty hard, I think about what he said everyday since that conversation.

I call him sir, to encourage him to do the same to each and every man he meets (and of course ma'am to women).
>>
>>75126288
It's been about 4 years.

Honestly, the greatest pain wasn't really immediate... there are times when it really gets me, but those moments are coming less frequently. My youngest sister took it the hardest, and she still kind of takes it hard sometimes, but she's mostly recovered. She had been in the hospital for about a year from an infection and kind of died suddenly, so we all were caught off guard even though we expected it.

It's more of a thing that I occasionally dwell on if I'm up late at night drinking by myself. That and my uncle's death.
>>
>>75126794
Will lifting make me big?

I need to keep up this twink body for my future bf
>>
>>75127588

Sorry if I caused any grief by asking and thanks for replying. Just trying to get an idea about what to expect I guess...
>>
File: 1431022811696.gif (2 MB, 359x346) Image search: [Google]
1431022811696.gif
2 MB, 359x346
>>75095514
>the year of our lord 2016
>still worried about the space-time jew

I feel bad for you.
>>
/pol/ should invent the cure for aging. If I get close I will post here first.
Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.