[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.theguardian.com/commenti sfree/2015/may/18/you-mi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 11
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4000x3000
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/may/18/you-might-not-think-youre-a-sexist-until-you-take-a-look-at-your-bookshelf?CMP=share_btn_fb

Why haven't you read enough women writers?
>>
>>75068445
>women writers
>>
>>75068445
>reads books depending on who wrote them
this is like electing a woman for president because she is a woman
>>
>>75068445
>I am a sexist because of a coincidence
Yeah, it's the the same as how I'm racist because I fucking hate white bread. Whole wheat master race.
>>
Why would I read anything that wasn't written by an old Russian man?
>>
There are very few good women writers, and the good ones write about female-focussed nonsense that doesn't interest me anyway.
>>
>>75068445

Fuck you. I own two cookbooks.
>>
>muh diversity for the sake of diversity
Im gonna read whoever I think is the best.
That's the problem these days, people want to be accepted because they just are. Fuck that. You only matter if you're the best.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 300x363) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 300x363
>>75068445
Ayn Rand is my waifu
>>
Name some good ones and ill happily read them

A few conditions though

I hate love stories, i have no interest in academic feminism and i dont want to read about a thirty something woman whos looking to settle down finally
>>
>>75068445
I don't give a fuck about authors. I don't even look at who writes the books I read.
>>
>>75068445
Looking at my bookshelf right now... I see Ayn Rand and a research book co-authored by a woman.

But you know what? I don't fucking care. For example, I only have 2 songs with female vocalists in my music files despite have 600 songs.

>>75068809
Fucking Jane Eyre.
>>
>>75068914
you want your wife to be a dump fuckin cunt that hates Immanuel Kant?
>>
>>75068946
Ursula K LeGuin, James Tiptree Jr, Susanna Clarke
>>
>>75069038
Kant is autistic. Muh philosophy that denies reality
>>
>>75068914
>welfare jewess
>>
>>75069227
Ayn Rand preached nothing but materialist culture, selfishness, and empowered Jews like Alan Greenspan.
No thank you, I would rather kill myself saving a nigger from drowning.
>>
>>75069314
Jews are the smartest and prettiest people and must be protected by my gargantuan American cock. It's not my fault a pretty jewess won't suck your cumstick, virgin.
>>
when you suddenly become a transtrender
>>
>>75069227
>muh spooks!
>>>/leftypol/
>>
>>75068445
>Why haven't you read enough women writers
Why would you read woman writers?

I've found one who isnt absurdly shitty and she's still really degenerate.
>>
>>75068445
I read Wuthering Heights, so I'm good
>>
>>75069437
Ayn Rand preached objective ethics. Greenspan failed her because he has a small cock. What did you read? Or do you just believe what the eternal Jew tells you about dissenters?
>>
>>75069548
Explain spook please I'm kind of new here. But if it's cause it's a generalization that I didn't explain . Go fuck yourself. Propaganda is the best way to spread truth
>>
>>75068946
Le Guin if you like intelligent sci-fi and fantasy. Woolf if you like prose and introspection.
>>
File: 1463190725904.png (539 KB, 708x1000) Image search: [Google]
1463190725904.png
539 KB, 708x1000
>>75068445

>Dorothy Parker
>Jane Austen
>Murasaki Shikibu
>Pearl S. Buck

Four female authors in my entire bookshelf
>>
>>75069616
>Greenspan failed her because he has a small cock
4chan political discourse at its finest

Greenspan didnt fail. He preached the neoliberal faith. Which is short sighted and destructive and requires the government to hypocritically aid it and rescue it.
>>
>>75069616

She preached rational selfishness, meaning you should only take a bullet for your wife because your wife dying would make YOU sad.
No sense of heroism, no sense of righteousness, just a stuck up ugly dumb cunt who couldn't get to the fucking point.
When she finally got to the point, it was "duh fuck people who aren't doing anything for me and only me"
>>
Because, as reflected in IQ test scores, women tend to have mediocre intellects compared to men, with their scores clustered much more tightly around 100, meaning that the portion of women with enough verbal intelligence to compose a great work of literature is a mere fraction of the portion of men capable of such. There is simply a much smaller pool of female geniuses. But that's overlooking the real issue. Why would women write at all? Women have less interesting life experiences than men. Women are the most mollycoddled group of people on the planet. I'd be more interested in books written by actual children than those overgrown toddlers we pretend to treat as our equals. Their souls, if they can be said to have any, are creatively sterile. They never face any real adversity or struggle, except prefabricated make-believe Disneyland struggles like those against the phantom "patriarchy" that will bore anyone with a brain to death. They have no need to prove or improve themselves through any creative endeavor, since being born with a vagina is a guarantee of a comfortable, high-status life and reproductive success. So what the hell would any woman capable of composing a sentence actually even write about? Shit like BDSM CEOs, vampires, and boy wizards? Oh wait...that's exactly what we get from them. Fuck women. They shouldn't even be allowed to read, let alone write. They have no place in the world of letters, and never will. It's an insult to compare these mindless sacks of flesh to actual writers.
>>
>>75069862
By becoming the chair of the fed he failed. Neoliberal and objectivism are the same thing? You're literally an autistic shitskin who knows nothing about rands philosophy but acts smart to impress other shitskin autists
>>
>>75069932
So she preached the nature of reality and motive. A=a even if you want it to equal b
>>
>>75068445
carson mccullers is one of my favz
>>
>>75068445
This is such a fucking retarded metric.

If 100 male authors write books, and 10 female authors, and your bookshelf has 9 male authors and 1 female, you are in parity with the market, if you have 5 male and 5 female authors on your shelf, you are vastly overrepresenting female authors and you are sexist.
>>
>>75069741
spook is a term leftypol uses to describe anything that isn't material. honor is a spook, morality is a spook, god is a spook, etc. you are using their juvenile philosphy
>>
>>75070128

>not reading counter-currents
>probably considers himself elite
>likes to think he lives in reality
>will die with no emotional truths
>>
>>75068445
Lol, I just checked. I read a lot, and have like 75-100 books on my main bookshelf. Not a single woman writer. Not one.

TAKE THAT, FEMINISM!
>>
>>75070269
Okay thanks. So wouldn't a nation be a spook? They sound stupid. Just cause they can't grasp concepts doesn't mean those concepts don't have a practical purpose. Your a juvenile cock sucker. Understanding concepts is what makes man more than an animal
>>
>>75068445
>2016
>reading books
>>
>>75069831
>>75069182
Cheers
>>
>>75068822
Underrated.
>>
Duh.

Because best authors are men.

If a woman starts writing good books, I have no problem buying them.

>buy shitty books or you're a sexist

Fuck off
>>
>>75070536

>being this degenerate
>>
File: o-DISGUSTED-facebook.jpg (205 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
o-DISGUSTED-facebook.jpg
205 KB, 2000x1000
>>75068672
>i hate white bread
>>
>>75070515
you literally just said kantian ethics "deny reality". so why are you flipping around now?
>>
I don't read books because I'm not a fag.
Current events are the only thing worth reading.
>>
>>75070611
videogames keep you entertained for longer and are more interactive
>>
>>75070351
>being a faggot
>being autistic
>being an autistic faggot
>me being alpha and you being a virgin

Sorry I'm smart and good looking. Girls respond to confidence too. Even though you look like you jack off with icy hot you can still get laid if you stop believing in kants phantoms and start reading Rand and Aristotle
>>
>>75068946
Carson McCullers
>>
>>75070258
Then the market is sexist. And you are for following it.
Do you really think that not what they want you to say?
>>
>>75070536
>instead i just sit at my computer and shitpost because im so redpilled :^DD
>>
>>75070723

Well couldn't expect more from /pol/.

I forgive you
>>
>>75070693
Concepts are still reality in terms of categorization. They help us understand reality. It's why the scientific method finds cures for cancer autist. Kant believes reality is inconceivable to the human mind past empiricism, but then we wouldn't be able to conceive things like sky scrapers. Is everyone here a virgin? Wtf
>>
File: 24122014.jpg (1 MB, 1565x1553) Image search: [Google]
24122014.jpg
1 MB, 1565x1553
My bookshelves are covered in women, don't be such an assuming asshole. It's a year and a half old, but this picture should show that I have significantly more women than men on my shelves.
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 494x330) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 494x330
>>75068445

>mfw that pic
>>
>>75071244
They'd say you objectifying them to the point of seeing a woman as a simple toy for your sexual amusement.
>>
>>75071637
You just don't understand art.
>>
>>75070989
I doubt it, but I'd be willing to bet that no one posting in this thread apart from me is out of junior high school.
"Kant believes that reality is inconceivable to the human mind past empiricism, but then we wouldn't be able to conceive things like skyscrapers".
Did you misunderstand teacher to be telling you that empiricism ends at 600 feet?
Seriously, have you read a single line of Kant?
None of the categories of the understanding by which he believed we constitute our reality are "empiricist".
On the contrary, they are all developed as arguments AGAINST the empiricism of his day.
>>
>>75070831
But I could name hundreds of philosophy books written by males, and maybe a handful written by females, if anything they should be bitching at female authors to write more books.
>>
>>75071764
Thats not mine opinion, as i said.
>>
>>75070989

>Being this autistic
>Being new to /pol/
>Being Jewish
>Claiming to be alpha
>Claiming to understand reality
>Not even redpilled
>>
Women write differently than men. It's naive to think that women wouldn't.

Women describe feelings and settings.
Men describe dialogue and action.
>>
>>75068914
taste so bad it verges on tragic
>>
>>75068672
>Whole wheat master race.

White bread is literally poison. I ate it almost everyday for like the first 22 years of my life and pooped like 3 times a week. Switched to wholewheat and now I go twice a day. True story.
>>
>>75070269

Sounds really gay. Do they also consider equality, justice, fairness, etc to be "spooks"?
>>
File: 1460872749522.jpg (38 KB, 960x812) Image search: [Google]
1460872749522.jpg
38 KB, 960x812
>>75068445
>OH MY GOD SOME OF THE BOOKS ON MY SHELF ARE WRITTEN BY MALES, OH MY GOD I MUST BE SO SEXIST!!!

fucking double standard in action
>men writers = S E X I S T
>women writers = Proud, strong women writing very imaginative stories and opinions.
>>
>>75068946
flannery o'connor
eudora welty
jennifer egan
eileen myles
willa cather
emily dickinson
>>
>>75069227
>denying the categorical imperative
what are you, some kind of liberal cuck?
>>
File: bad-funeral-home-name9.jpg (41 KB, 468x262) Image search: [Google]
bad-funeral-home-name9.jpg
41 KB, 468x262
>>75068445
OP is a cuck
>>
>>75071781
>frog
>making a coherent point

Pick one
>>
>>75072042
>not being Jewish
>not being alpha to the point Thant you make sure anons aren't lying about being alpha
>knowing any girl you want will dump you for me in a heartbeat

I feel bad for you anon I really do, but only you can help yourself here
>>
File: femaleauthors.jpg (61 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
femaleauthors.jpg
61 KB, 600x600
>>75068445
I'm a big scifi/fantasy fag. I'm always looking for new titles and authors to check out. Every single female writer of the genre that I've attempted to read, without fail, is absolute shit.

I remember when Twilight started getting big. I had no idea what it was about, just vampires. So I figured what the hell, vampires are cool. A few chapters in I was like picrelated.
>>
File: IGiveUp.gif (987 KB, 400x409) Image search: [Google]
IGiveUp.gif
987 KB, 400x409
This will trigger the Finns, but Sofi Oksanen is my favourite living writer. Sure, her stuff is a tad feminist, but it works in her novels and her anti-Russian themes are deck.

"When the Doves Disappeared" is absolutely fantastic.
>>
>>75072609
Murder is bad for all parties involved autist
>>
>>75073340
The only one I can think of who did non shit fantasy is Robin Hobb.
>>
>>75068445
>Before and After Tumblr
>>
>>75073539
would the world be a better place if everybody acted as autistic as me?
>>
>>75068445
I've read tons of books written by women.
>J.K Rowling
>Ali Sparkes
>Suzanne Collins
>Erin Hunter (actually a psuedoname for 4 female writers)

But who cares who wrote the book? If it's good it's good. (Mein Kampf is pretty noice)
>>
>>75070032
Someone's using a proxy.
>>
>>75068445
Is that his daughter? They kinda look alike in a way.
>>
>>75068584

Underrated post.
>>
>>75068445
that stuff is straight out of 1984.
>YOU should only read what I deem the TRUTH.
yeah, go fuck yourself.
>>
It might be pleb to say but Pearl S. Buck is probably the only good female writer that I know of. Sylvia Plath is an excellent writer but her material.....is just not for me, (I wonder why?)
>>
>>75074418
Nah, that's the daughter of the dude behind the camera.
They apparently take a picture together every year.
>>
>>75071244
Mah nigga.
>>
>>75072609
>prefer Locke, Mill, Hobbes or Bentham to Kant
>must be a liberal

Are you fucking retarded? Kant is the very definition of his eras liberal cuck.
>>
>>75068445
Good thing I have Ayn Rand on my bookshelf.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.